Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: jonnyboy82, April 2, 2018, 4:57pm
Thing is though im not even bothered anymore , jolley gave me hope but looks like hes bignot in disguise , fentys just an absolute dictator and we have a team full of wasters.

Acceptance has set in that this club is just a joke from top to bottom , we were that desperate the majority were willing a bloke who has never managed in english football and has a university degree to get the job on the back of a youtube video.

This team and club infuriates me , its the hope that kills you but in reality its the penny pinching and ridiculous decisions thats cost us and you know what one man has to live with that not me.

Simply not in the slighest good enough to survive and no matter how you want to dress it up 20 games without a win is just embarrassing , these players are spineless and the club in a whole is spineless.

Posted by: Chrisblor, April 2, 2018, 5:04pm; Reply: 1
I wouldn't be getting on Jolley's back. Everyone might have been annoyed when the team was announced, but tactically it turned out to be spot on. We lost today because of the players who couldn't avoid giving stupid free-kicks away around the edge of the box, and their complete inability to defend set pieces. McKeown tried his best and made about 3 world-class saves, but what's he or Jolley meant to do when the rest of the team can't manage even the very basics of defending?
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 2, 2018, 5:05pm; Reply: 2
I hope MJ doesn't come out with more bullshit and just says it as it is
Posted by: chicaneuk, April 2, 2018, 5:06pm; Reply: 3
Sorry mate but this is nonsense. We lead the game for the first half and ultimately gave a fairly good account of ourselves.

I'm not disputing we're in the excrement and we need some results desperately now but we didn't give a bad account of ourselves today and in isolation, if the situation weren't so dire, we probably would have expected this (or worse) result.

No disrespect but sheer desperation and frustration with our position is making some posters on here lose their grip on reality, in terms of managing expectations.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, April 2, 2018, 5:06pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Thing is though im not even bothered anymore , jolley gave me hope but looks like hes bignot in disguise , fentys just an absolute dictator and we have a team full of wasters.

Acceptance has set in that this club is just a joke from top to bottom , we were that desperate the majority were willing a bloke who has never managed in english football and has a university degree to get the job on the back of a youtube video.

This team and club infuriates me , its the hope that kills you but in reality its the penny pinching and ridiculous decisions thats cost us and you know what one man has to live with that not me.

Simply not in the slighest good enough to survive and no matter how you want to dress it up 20 games without a win is just embarrassing , these players are spineless and the club in a whole is spineless.

I thought you were screaming for Jolley to be given the job? I thought you were over the moon with his appointment? The rest I agree with.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, April 2, 2018, 5:07pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Chrisblor
I wouldn't be getting on Jolley's back. Everyone might have been annoyed when the team was announced, but tactically it turned out to be spot on. We lost today because of the players who couldn't avoid giving stupid free-kicks away around the edge of the box, and their complete inability to defend set pieces. McKeown tried his best and made about 3 world-class saves, but what's he or Jolley meant to do when the rest of the team can't manage even the very basics of defending?

Well how do you work that out ?
Posted by: Ipswin, April 2, 2018, 5:08pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from arryarryarry
I hope MJ doesn't come out with more bullshit and just says it as it is

He will and he won't

Posted by: Yoda, April 2, 2018, 5:10pm; Reply: 7
Jolly will come out with the positives from the match. Rubbish he’s out of his depth totally.
He’s Nigel Adkins without the talent.
Posted by: MidnightMariner, April 2, 2018, 5:11pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Ipswin

He will and he won't

CLEARLY ! 😉
Posted by: MuddyWaters, April 2, 2018, 5:13pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Yoda
Jolly will come out with the positives from the match. Rubbish he’s out of his depth totally.
He’s Nigel Adkins without the talent.

He can't work miracles. He's inherited a squad of journeymen put together by an out-of-date manager for an obsolete board.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, April 2, 2018, 5:14pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Chrisblor

He’s got them marking half man half zonal. Lost count of the amount of times the ball went to a player completely unmarked in our box today. We’ve got worse at defending set peices.

2nd half he completely didn’t respond. We sat back and they piled on the pressure, he needed to make changes so we could keep the ball. The changes he made did not help us.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, April 2, 2018, 5:14pm; Reply: 11

I thought you were screaming for Jolley to be given the job? I thought you were over the moon with his appointment? The rest I agree with.

I was with the majority, no doubt .

I was desperate for something , he might turn out to be a find but i have to say even though its early days i cant understand what hes trying to do sometimes .

No DJ No McAllister but berrett gets in every week plus zonal marking with players that cant defend ? .
Posted by: Ruston AT, April 2, 2018, 5:16pm; Reply: 12
Against Stevenage we improved , against this moaning bunch of tw*t we scored there is improvement, it's not MJs fault he's been left a pile of trash.
Posted by: ska face, April 2, 2018, 5:20pm; Reply: 13
So we’ve conceded more goal from set-pieces than any team in the division.

Slade putting on a public slideshow explaining our tactics for defending set pieces appears to be a masterstroke.
Posted by: Ipswin, April 2, 2018, 5:20pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Without being slated for, or accused of, slagging off Jolley (yes yes I know its all Slade's fault as the squad the left was shite) can anyone clarify as relegation seems inevitable under what terms was he given the job?

Was he appointed to keep us up by somehow avoiding relegation?  If he was (and I hope even Fenty might just have built that into the job description) then he is about to fail, whatever the excuse and however justified it may be, he will have failed in his task

If he was brought in to build a team, for next season and beyond (and Fenty had already given up and accepted we are going down) then there is a chance Mr Jolley can be regarded in the future as a success. Fenty on the other hand will have failed again by not going for an experienced relegation fighter if only until May (Jolley could been employed then)

Posted by: sam gy, April 2, 2018, 5:23pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from jonnyboy82

No DJ No McAllister but berrett gets in every week plus zonal marking with players that cant defend ? .

Berrett hasn’t started the last two previous games.

Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, April 2, 2018, 5:27pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from jonnyboy82

I was with the majority, no doubt .

I was desperate for something , he might turn out to be a find but i have to say even though its early days i cant understand what hes trying to do sometimes .

Berrett has been dropped for the two games before today.
Posted by: Gaffer58, April 2, 2018, 6:36pm; Reply: 17
As those players signed by Slade were professional footballers from other league clubs they must have been capable of trapping and passing a football. As it doesn't really matter what 11 we put out they are all worse than the opposition, so we're they being carried by their teammates at their previous club and we have basically got a perfect storm where we field possibly the worst 10/11 players in the league?
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 2, 2018, 6:38pm; Reply: 18
He clearly doesn't go down the settled team route and appears a bit Sladesc in picking teams depending on who we are playing.

We should stop worrying about who we are playing, I don't remember Alan Buckley pissing about with different team selections.
Posted by: sam gy, April 2, 2018, 6:46pm; Reply: 19
I don’t understand the fascination with the players who haven’t played much for us. I don’t understand everyone getting suicidal when the team selection is announced.

Most fans were buzzing with the selection against Coventry and we lost 4-0.

Today the selection was derided by many, and we’ve lost 2-1 against a side that are 3rd in the league and much better than Coventry.

The squad is not good enough, regardless of who plays. There are no world beaters sat in the stands, despite what you may think. All we can do is get behind the 11 that start.
Posted by: sam gy, April 2, 2018, 6:48pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from arryarryarry
He clearly doesn't go down the settled team route and appears a bit Sladesc in picking teams depending on who we are playing.

We should stop worrying about who we are playing, I don't remember Alan Buckley pissing about with different team selections.

But Buckley had 11 flipping great players to choose from. Right now we don’t really have any.
Posted by: forza ivano, April 2, 2018, 7:43pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from headingly_mariner

He’s got them marking half man half zonal. Lost count of the amount of times the ball went to a player completely unmarked in our box today. We’ve got worse at defending set peices.

2nd half he completely didn’t respond. We sat back and they piled on the pressure, he needed to make changes so we could keep the ball. The changes he made did not help us.

And exactly what changes should they have been headingly? He put on probably our most creative player after ten minutes and he was pretty awful.I'd love to know what else he could've done
PS I don't know if you noticed but we sat back from the first minute and the pressure started being applied from the kick off.perhaps you should have a look at the extended highlights and see how many chances they had in the first half. We did hold the lead for over 45 minutes which was a pretty heroic effort
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 2, 2018, 7:52pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from forza ivano

And exactly what changes should they have been headingly? He put on probably our most creative player after ten minutes and he was pretty awful.I'd love to know what else he could've done
PS I don't know if you noticed but we sat back from the first minute and the pressure started being applied from the kick off.perhaps you should have a look at the extended highlights and see how many chances they had in the first half. We did hold the lead for over 45 minutes which was a pretty heroic effort

I thought we failed to win the ball in the mid field so ideally would have liked to have had McAlister on the bench to replace Berret. Not sure why he pulled off RHJ who was playing well and maybe putting on Dembelle would have given them more to think about. But that's my opinion and regardless the manager made what where positive changes.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, April 2, 2018, 7:57pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from sam gy

But Buckley had 11 flipping great players to choose from. Right now we don’t really have any.

No he didn’t. AB was a team builder. By and large he brought unknowns and unrated to BP and made a team with them. His mantra was to let the opposition do the worrying. The best sides do that. But this was in the days when players were staying at a club for 3/4/5 seasons, not loans for a few months.

Posted by: sam gy, April 2, 2018, 8:22pm; Reply: 24

No he didn’t. AB was a team builder. By and large he brought unknowns and unrated to BP and made a team with them. His mantra was to let the opposition do the worrying. The best sides do that. But this was in the days when players were staying at a club for 3/4/5 seasons, not loans for a few months.

He knew how to pick a player, that’s for sure. I don’t see how picking the same 11 every week with our current squad is a viable option though. No one is reallly undroppable apart from Macca. And quite clearly, against a team like Wycombe you need to change your team accordingly. They are a very different threat to Stevenage.
Print page generated: May 6, 2024, 2:45am