Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 1, 2018, 11:20pm

Just watched "Match or the Day 2" on BBC 1 and how on earth the ref gave Arsenal their firsts penalty is beyond me.

Poor decision.

I'm not trying to suggest Arsenal wouldn't have won the game anyway but I'm all for VAR
Posted by: forza ivano, April 2, 2018, 10:32am; Reply: 1
If you can find it have a look at Braga's disallowed goal  v sporting on Saturday night. Lisbon player kicked the floor as he lost the ball from which Braga scored.ref took 5 minutes looking at var only to disallow the goa!.fortunately Braga won 1-0 to ensure justice was done
Posted by: Gaffer58, April 2, 2018, 10:42am; Reply: 2
Think I've read somewhere that no premiership refs will be at this summers world, probably the rest of the world have decided they are u/s, unless of course they are referring one of the top 6.
Posted by: supertown, April 2, 2018, 10:54am; Reply: 3
Quoted from Gaffer58
Think I've read somewhere that no premiership refs will be at this summers world, probably the rest of the world have decided they are u/s, unless of course they are referring one of the top 6.

That’s because clattenberg was our nominated ref and when he left the premiership he could no longer go, it was too late to replace him
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 2, 2018, 11:26am; Reply: 4
Can we VAR the appointment of Slade ?
Posted by: Mikey_345, April 2, 2018, 12:14pm; Reply: 5
I watch a lot of football from leagues around the world, (outside Europe) and I honestly think our English referees are superior in comparison to most other nations.

Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 5:24am