Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, April 1, 2018, 8:07am
Any one been over there to take in a match ?
If so could do with any advice on buying tickets especially over the net or advice in general flights etc
Not bothered too much who the game is but really want a 50k plus stadium for the atmosphere TIA
Posted by: 75 (Guest), April 1, 2018, 9:12am; Reply: 1
Been to Dortmund, it was okay but nowt to shout about. That said, they played Aushberg (or however you spell it) and they were crap. Dortmund had the game won inside 25 minutes. Always try and get the tickets on the official site, you can get them for most teams in the world if you time it right. Beer in the ground was good, the Germans don't fleece you like we get hammered. Good people, Jerry IMO if a bit geeky, decent movement against the Muslims so can't go far wrong.
Posted by: sutton mariner, April 1, 2018, 4:56pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from 75
Been to Dortmund, it was okay but nowt to shout about. That said, they played Aushberg (or however you spell it) and they were crap. Dortmund had the game won inside 25 minutes. Always try and get the tickets on the official site, you can get them for most teams in the world if you time it right. Beer in the ground was good, the Germans don't fleece you like we get hammered. Good people, Jerry IMO if a bit geeky, [/b]decent movement against the Muslims so can't go far wrong.
[b]

Seriously?

Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, April 1, 2018, 5:31pm; Reply: 3
Hamburg this season I went. Would recommend to anyone, brilliant city. Can buy tickets from viagogo.
Posted by: mariner91, April 1, 2018, 5:45pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
Hamburg this season I went. Would recommend to anyone, brilliant city. Can buy tickets from viagogo.

Not watched football there but would highly recommend it as a city as well.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, April 1, 2018, 5:47pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from mariner91

Not watched football there but would highly recommend it as a city as well.

Well. Hamburg haven’t done to well and the tables shows that.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, April 1, 2018, 6:35pm; Reply: 6

Never used any of these secondary ticketing sites , how do you get the tickets if it’s not a instant download do they go to the hotel your staying in or to your home address. Hamburg is definitely a place ld like to visit.
Posted by: chaos33, April 1, 2018, 7:00pm; Reply: 7
Go see FC ST Pauli in German second division.
Awesome experience.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, April 1, 2018, 7:22pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from chaos33
Go see FC ST Pauli in German second division.
Awesome experience.

Whereabouts is that in Germany ? I assume it’s much easier to get tickets , even pay on the day ?
Posted by: GYinScuntland, April 1, 2018, 7:35pm; Reply: 9
Been going to HSV for a good few years now.
Usually get eight or ten a season home and away.
Cracking stadium, friendly folk, stunning city.
Don't bother with the websites, you can usually get them directly from the club or even from the HSV club shop in Hamburg City centre.
In fact im flying out Thursday for Saturdays game against Schalke.
Possible double relegation for me as Hamburg are doomed and Town on the edge.
Oh well Sankt Pauli away.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, April 1, 2018, 7:41pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Whereabouts is that in Germany ? I assume it’s much easier to get tickets , even pay on the day ?

1. Listen to what scuntland says in regards to tickets about Hamburg. I paid over the odds as a matter of fact, and that was for the game v Dortmund.

2. Saint Pauli is in Hamburg too, I recommend the stadium tour too, did that while I was there, it’s a struggle to get the tour in English unless you go on a Friday (citation needed), I went around in German 😂.
Sadly though the club is surrounded in left wing politics with in my opinion shouldn’t mix with football.
Posted by: chaos33, April 1, 2018, 8:03pm; Reply: 11
One of the reasons it's so unique and memorable!
Politics pervades football like anywhere else. Capitalism, self indulgence and private greed has taken over almost everywhere.
Posted by: Chrisblor, April 1, 2018, 8:08pm; Reply: 12
Went to watch Union Berlin in Bundesliga II a few weeks ago. Great mid-sized stadium, really noisy atmosphere and a decent standard. 3 big terraced stands you could drink reasonably priced beer on. Loads of grilled meat / bratwursts on sale inside the ground too. Buying tickets was easy - about 15 euro each and just got them off the club's website when they went on sale a few weeks before the match.
Posted by: chaos33, April 1, 2018, 8:18pm; Reply: 13
I bet that was good. Union Berlin are decent too. They were great last season.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, April 1, 2018, 9:02pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from chaos33
One of the reasons it's so unique and memorable!
Politics pervades football like anywhere else. Capitalism and greed has taken over almost everywhere.

Just my opinion like I said! But yeah give me a negative! FFS!
Posted by: DocDock, April 1, 2018, 10:09pm; Reply: 15
I did Hertha Berlin vs Dortmund last season. My mate got the tickets but i think he just got them off their website. I don’t think it was overly cheap for the tickets, but it was a great experience in a historic stadium. Hertha Berlin won too, which was decent. Great thing about Berlin is the transport links are very good and it’s not all that expensive to get around the city either, using the U Bahn (underground).

I’d certainly recommend it.
Posted by: chaos33, April 1, 2018, 10:14pm; Reply: 16

Just my opinion like I said! But yeah give me a negative! FFS!

Calm down dear
Posted by: LH, April 1, 2018, 10:17pm; Reply: 17
I love being a football fan subjected to draconian policing enabled by right-wing government enacted laws.
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 1, 2018, 10:27pm; Reply: 18

The good thing is Merkel will have no control over us in the near future.........and we won't be the last to take back our country   ;)

Rant over   :)
Posted by: livosnose, April 1, 2018, 10:31pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from sutton mariner
[b][/b]

Seriously?

Come on every man and his dog knows BP Vicar is fat ,  small , ugly and massively racist !
Posted by: ska face, April 1, 2018, 11:57pm; Reply: 20
I highly recommend Adrian Tempany’s book “And The Sun Shines Now” as a brilliant read and an extremely eye-opening demonstration of the inseparable nature of football and politics.

Once you’ve finished bealing, that is.
Posted by: LH, April 2, 2018, 12:16am; Reply: 21
Quoted from promotion plaice

The good thing is Merkel will have no control over us in the near future.........and we won't be the last to take back our country   ;)

Rant over   :)

That’s not really a rant...
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, April 2, 2018, 12:31am; Reply: 22
Dapperz. I can only say what I’ve said in a previous post. I recommend HSV. A brilliant ground/fanbase/experience, good beer in view of the playing surface. Easy to get to, Reeperbahn experience, can probably spend all day/night there, you won’t be disappointed, I loved every minute of it, you’ll find most hotels around St. Pauli spot on.

If you go let us know how it goes, I’m here if you want to want to know any info in regards to Hamburg itself.

As for the fishy I’ve enjoyed posting on here for the past 7 years or so, I’ve loved talking about the football and the goings on in the football club. But I think it’s time I took a step back.

Here’s hoping we stay up and have a good prosperous future. UTM!

GTID!!
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, April 2, 2018, 7:31am; Reply: 23
Dapperz. I can only say what I’ve said in a previous post. I recommend HSV. A brilliant ground/fanbase/experience, good beer in view of the playing surface. Easy to get to, Reeperbahn experience, can probably spend all day/night there, you won’t be disappointed, I loved every minute of it, you’ll find most hotels around St. Pauli spot on.

If you go let us know how it goes, I’m here if you want to want to know any info in regards to Hamburg itself.

As for the fishy I’ve enjoyed posting on here for the past 7 years or so, I’ve loved talking about the football and the goings on in the football club. But I think it’s time I took a step back.

Here’s hoping we stay up and have a good prosperous future. UTM!

GTID!!

Cheers mate I’ll be definitely giving it a go
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 2:23am