Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: cmackenzie4, March 31, 2018, 1:53pm
Anyone else notice that car headlights are getting brighter?

I drive on the a16 in the dark around 20 times a month and I’m astonished how bright these lights are, it’s as if they have their beam on (it’s that bright) how are these legal?

The amount of cars I see flashing each other thinking they’ve got their beams on when infact they haven’t, you do get the odd anus who refuses to switch their beam off (I’ve got my own way of dealing with them  ;)) and why do lots of drivers have their front spot/fog lights on when it isn’t foggy - these are blinding too.

Anyone else drive on dark a roads who have noticed this?
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 31, 2018, 2:09pm; Reply: 1
I did read something about this problem the other day Chris,

New car lights are brighter and it is a problem,

Solution ?

Maybe wear sun glasses .
Posted by: cmackenzie4, March 31, 2018, 2:41pm; Reply: 2
I tried that Pete funnily enough but it didn’t make much difference, I do have anti dazzle mirrors which do help when cars are behind me.

There have been times Pete when I have actually been blinded (temporarily) it’s that bad mate.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 31, 2018, 10:45pm; Reply: 3
I've noticed it over recent years Chris. Seems especially bad with 4x4s because their lights are higher. It's offing dangerous. I avoid driving on single carriageways in the dark if I can it's that bad.
Posted by: topuphere666, April 1, 2018, 9:36am; Reply: 4
Modern lights are ,outlying Xenon or LED. They are great if you’re behind the wheel but can be horrendous in the opposite direction. I’ve noticed Nissan Qashqui’s are the worst
Posted by: LH, April 1, 2018, 10:53pm; Reply: 5
I remember reading something about the MOT or whatever discussing this in the near future. I hate poor etiquette and manners on the roads but I’m at the point now where I reallt don’t want to be thanked by another driving flashing their lights when I let them through!
Print page generated: May 5, 2024, 4:43am