Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: crusty ole pie, March 28, 2018, 5:34pm
On here this week is it nervous tension?
Posted by: Grimal, March 28, 2018, 5:44pm; Reply: 1
It hurts to press the keys with your finger ends red raw. :(
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 28, 2018, 5:50pm; Reply: 2
Must win game on Friday,

Meltdown on here if we get no points from the two games,

Come on Town we can do it.!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: lee65, March 28, 2018, 6:35pm; Reply: 3
What is there left to say?  :(
Posted by: LondonMariner43, March 28, 2018, 6:49pm; Reply: 4
Most threads recently were a version of ...

Slade out - done
Fenty has said what? - Fenty has gone underground
Why have we sold our best players - too late
Why aren’t we playing x - Jolley picking sensible teams
Are we in a free fall to non league - yes

Now it’s just a case of hope and pray and

Will you still be going to Woking next year?
Posted by: RoboCod, March 28, 2018, 7:08pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from LondonMariner43
Most threads recently were a version of ...

Slade out - done
Fenty has said what? - Fenty has gone underground
Why have we sold our best players - too late
Why aren’t we playing x - Jolley picking sensible teams
Are we in a free fall to non league - yes

Now it’s just a case of hope and pray and

Will you still be going to Woking next year?

You should add: We're perfectly capable of making the play-offs under Slade.

Like you said back in December ::)
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, March 28, 2018, 7:16pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from RoboCod

A fair few of us were saying that - in December. Most people were pleased with the point at Notts County and we looked well placed. None of us were really to know it would have turned out this bad in December did we?

I thought 2 or 3 quality signings in January and we could really give it a go, but alas it was not to be.
Posted by: LondonMariner43, March 28, 2018, 7:17pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from RoboCod

Guilty as charged 😢
Posted by: RoboCod, March 28, 2018, 7:20pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from LondonMariner43

Guilty as charged 😢

It's strange looking back, I felt uneasy about our high-ish position at the time but predicted a boring mid-table position. I think I was feeling a little disappointed preparing for that :-/
Posted by: ginnywings, March 28, 2018, 7:46pm; Reply: 9
Calm before the storm.  :o There's not a lot left to say really. Think the board have finally found a way to shut up the fishy, by being so bad that everyone is speechless.
Posted by: Mendonca1995, March 28, 2018, 8:19pm; Reply: 10
Come on lads I know it’s very hard at the min but a win on Saturday will give us a all much needed confidence boost For the remaining games,we will do our part again by backing the boys till the end it’s now up to them to show some f*ck*ng metal,heart and desire to get a much needed victory come on town we’re running out of time we don’t want that conference feeling ever again !!! UTM MICHAEL JOLLEYS BLACK+WHITE ARMY
Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 28, 2018, 8:53pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Mendonca1995
Come on lads I know it’s very hard at the min but a win on Saturday

More chance of that than a win on Friday.
Posted by: Mendonca1995, March 28, 2018, 10:09pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from 75

More chance of that than a win on Friday.

Haha thanks I meant Friday 🙈 UTM
Posted by: GrimRob, March 28, 2018, 10:12pm; Reply: 13
Usual weekly cycle: anger, resignation, hope, expectation, GAME
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 28, 2018, 10:20pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from GrimRob

Or :-

anger, resignation, resignation, resignation, DESPAIR.
Posted by: nightrider, March 28, 2018, 10:59pm; Reply: 15
It must be really bad if the fishy followers have nothing else to say! It's either shock or mourning
RIP GTFC
Posted by: McAllisters Ghost, March 28, 2018, 11:14pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from GrimRob

I get the feeling this next game will be last hope saloon unfortunatley - if we don't get anything on Friday you can probably remove hope and expectation from that list Rob.

Posted by: sydney, March 28, 2018, 11:38pm; Reply: 17
Come on Town!!!!
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, March 29, 2018, 4:37am; Reply: 18
It's all been said up to the players to proves us all wrong.

First win of the year would be frigging nice is that too much to ask?

Just leave this here sums my mood up nicely https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O1pH-NEa6I
Posted by: fleabag1970, March 29, 2018, 6:54am; Reply: 19
It's all been said time and time again . It's about who is with grimsby town and its wonderful history or those who are still clinging on to their love for fenty and his band of merry men . it's that black and white now imo .
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 29, 2018, 9:38am; Reply: 20
We are at a turning point guys,

On a personal note I have finally got a date for my knee op,

Town WILL win on Friday so it will be a GOOD day,

Once we have got our first win in months I expect our second to come very soon,

Cheer loud and proud at the game tomorrow and I am sure you will be rewarded by not only seeing a goal but also a win,

Keep the faith
Posted by: Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, March 29, 2018, 10:20am; Reply: 21
I like your positivity Pete. I'd give up all my kids' Easter eggs that you're right!
I just looked at the Stevenage thread that someone linked to on here, apparently tomorrow is a "crucial must-win game" for them. Really?
Posted by: friskneymariner, March 29, 2018, 10:22am; Reply: 22
Catatonic Shock.
Posted by: Mallyner, March 29, 2018, 10:32am; Reply: 23
As well as supporting the! Team as we always do, it might be a good thing to count how many players Stevenage have on the pitch. Having just watched the extended highlights of the Coventry game, it seemed obvious that they had several more players than us. I attempted to count the blue shirts, but it was hard to as they kept moving.  :)
Posted by: denni266, March 29, 2018, 11:29am; Reply: 24
its gone quiate because marley has told fenty to  shut up ;D
Posted by: Ipswin, March 29, 2018, 12:00pm; Reply: 25
Frankly I am past caring, there is absolutely nothing I can do to influence things tomorrow or in subsequent games.

We have all picked our team, (probably nothing like Jolley will end up with)

Fenty has been cursed, cajoled, accused of hiding and generally slagged off to the position where there is nothing left to say

The players have been variously slagged off and then given unequivocal support

There is a huge swell of opinion that the ground must be packed tomorrow and a huge vocal support must be given whilst all the crap, bullshit and whining about Bragate has (rightly) been totally forgotten

What's left to say?
Posted by: rancido, March 29, 2018, 7:27pm; Reply: 26

A fair few of us were saying that - in December. Most people were pleased with the point at Notts County and we looked well placed. None of us were really to know it would have turned out this bad in December did we?

I thought 2 or 3 quality signings in January and we could really give it a go, but alas it was not to be.

Unfortunately it was our only quality players that were moving out !
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 29, 2018, 8:46pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Ipswin
Frankly I am past caring, there is absolutely nothing I can do to influence things tomorrow or in subsequent games.

We have all picked our team, (probably nothing like Jolley will end up with)

Fenty has been cursed, cajoled, accused of hiding and generally slagged off to the position where there is nothing left to say

The players have been variously slagged off and then given unequivocal support

There is a huge swell of opinion that the ground must be packed tomorrow and a huge vocal support must be given whilst all the crap, bullshit and whining about Bragate has (rightly) been totally forgotten

What's left to say?

No it flipping well hasn't.
Posted by: Ipswin, March 30, 2018, 7:57am; Reply: 28
Quoted from KingstonMariner

No it flipping well hasn't.

Oh yes it flipping has! It has't been mentioned for weeks (lets face it relegation is slightly more important) the Board has as expected said intercourse all and no one has taken them to task and no form of protest is planned for today

Posted by: mariner83, March 30, 2018, 8:07am; Reply: 29
There is a mention in this WSC article [url=http://www.wsc.co.uk/features/14080-outdated-attitudes-mean-football-fans-still-tolerate-unfair-treatment-by-police]http://www.wsc.co.uk/features/14080-outdated-attitudes-mean-football-fans-still-tolerate-unfair-treatment-by-police[/url]
Posted by: Ipswin, March 30, 2018, 10:24am; Reply: 30
Perhaps those who gave me a Red X for the 'lack of interest in 'Bragate' post could tell me what has been happening and what has been achieved on the subject in the last month or so. I maintain it has died a death, no posts on here, more importantly no update on anything from the Board who I thought were going to pursue it etc.

Presumably Fenty will be smarming around the Stevenage Chairman and his contingent later today and filling them full of prime haddock.

By protest I didn't mean all our female fans should get their mammaries out simply that, having massively over-reacted when it happened, I'm surprised today will be passing without any mention at all
Posted by: Garth, March 30, 2018, 11:03am; Reply: 31
Quoted from Ipswin
Perhaps those who gave me a Red X for the 'lack of interest in 'Bragate' post could tell me what has been happening and what has been achieved on the subject in the last month or so. I maintain it has died a death, no posts on here, more importantly no update on anything from the Board who I thought were going to pursue it etc.

Presumably Fenty will be smarming around the Stevenage Chairman and his contingent later today and filling them full of prime haddock.

By protest I didn't mean all our female fans should get their mammaries out simply that, having massively over-reacted when it happened, I'm surprised today will be passing without any mention at all

I agree as a club we are all mouth and no Trousers
Posted by: mariner91, March 30, 2018, 11:06am; Reply: 32
[youtube]4RD3BgPtZfY[/youtube]
Posted by: Madeleymariner, March 30, 2018, 11:23am; Reply: 33
I brought it up on the Will Fenty Turn Up thread and suggested women should throw a load of bras nto the directors box once they have all settled down for the game, also asked if anyone knew if Fenty has attended the EFL meeting and brought it up there as he stated he would at the fans forum.
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 30, 2018, 1:59pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from crusty ole pie
On here this week is it nervous tension?

Look.....It's one hour before kick off and we're all having a stiff drink......no time to post   :)

Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 30, 2018, 9:00pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from Ipswin

You might think it was a massive over-reaction, but then you're just a provocative ar.sehole who still thinks he's the cool rebel for voicing a controversial opinion. Never really got beyond the 6th form stage really have you?
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, March 30, 2018, 10:22pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from Ipswin

Do you really believe it was a massive over-reaction?

I think anyone who was subjected to the Stevenage stewards' intimidation would have a completely different view of that afternoon
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 6:50pm