Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Kris2, March 27, 2018, 12:26pm
Just determined to make the game all about himself, lots of goals but refs like this ruin games completely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=s-aVczbwkL4
Posted by: Abdul19, March 27, 2018, 12:29pm; Reply: 1
I'd forgotten Iain Anderson was so fat.
Posted by: LH, March 27, 2018, 12:31pm; Reply: 2
Was this the last time we scored four? It seems like it.
Posted by: Abdul19, March 27, 2018, 12:38pm; Reply: 3
Also, that short-lived 10 yard rule was good. Not sure why it was scrapped.
Posted by: Ipswin, March 27, 2018, 12:39pm; Reply: 4
What year was this please and what was the Town team. I didn't know / remember half of the names!
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 27, 2018, 12:41pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Ipswin
What year was this please and what was the Town team. I didn't know / remember half of the names!

March 2004.

It finished Chesterfield 4 Grimsby Town 4. Iain Anderson (35) Jamie Lawrence (42) Darren Barnard (86) and Isaiah Rankin (87) were all on target for the Mariners.

The Town team that day: A Fettis, J Crowe, G Young (P Jevons, 69), P Warhurst, D Barnard, I Anderson, S Coldicott, J Lawrence, C Armstrong, M Antoine-Curier (D Mansaram, I Rankin.

Subs not used: J Thorrington, S Campbell, S Ford.

Attendance: 4,444

Posted by: FishOutOfWater, March 27, 2018, 12:45pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from promotion plaice

March 2004.

It finished Chesterfield 4 Grimsby Town 4. Iain Anderson (35) Jamie Lawrence (42) Darren Barnard (86) and Isaiah Rankin (87) were all on target for the Mariners.

The Town team that day: A Fettis, J Crowe, G Young (P Jevons, 69), P Warhurst, D Barnard, I Anderson, S Coldicott, J Lawrence, C Armstrong, M Antoine-Curier (D Mansaram, I Rankin.

Attendance: 4,444

All the fours that day then  ;)
Posted by: ginnywings, March 27, 2018, 1:01pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from LH
Was this the last time we scored four? It seems like it.

Put 5 past Stevenage last season, but we had Bogle then.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, March 27, 2018, 1:14pm; Reply: 8
I think we put four past Yeovil too at the back end of last season

That was with the team Slade inherited after Bignot was sacked, when he hadn't had two transfer windows at his disposal that allowed him to dismantle the side that finished mid-table
Posted by: jimgtfc, March 27, 2018, 1:39pm; Reply: 9
Who was C Armstrong? Can’t remember him.
Posted by: Cloudy, March 27, 2018, 1:47pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from jimgtfc
Who was C Armstrong? Can’t remember him.

Craig Armstrong was on loan from Sheff Wed. Now at Forest as a coach in the academy/development squad.  Decent player IIRC
Posted by: Abdul19, March 27, 2018, 2:11pm; Reply: 11
Yeah I thought he was good. Scored in the 6-1 Barnsley win. And of course was the man Reddy had his playoff final collision with.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, March 27, 2018, 3:15pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Kris2
Just determined to make the game all about himself, lots of goals but refs like this ruin games completely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=s-aVczbwkL4

Just seems like an exciting game to me. Ref gave the decisions as he saw them and sent off players for 2 yellows and dissent.
Posted by: LH, March 27, 2018, 4:39pm; Reply: 13
I thought my post would be read as obvious sarcasm. I remember us scoring four many times since. In fact we could do with one of those Bank Holiday weekends we had in the Conference when we scored 13 goals. Although I can’t see it happening as we never do well against Wycombe and I can’t see us putting a minimum of 12 past Stevenage.
Posted by: moosey_club, March 27, 2018, 5:26pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Abdul19
I'd forgotten Iain Anderson was so fat.

Popular misconception ...he wasn't fat at all, he was under tall ....he should have been 6'5"
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, March 27, 2018, 5:28pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from promotion plaice

Not many names there I still remember. Was this the game Greg Young dislocated his should 3 times before being forcibly removed from the pitch by Moore on the 3rd?
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, March 27, 2018, 6:03pm; Reply: 16
What the he'll was the ref doing moving the free kick 10 yards further forward? I genuinly don't remember that rule - must have wiped it from memory. What was the logic behind it and why was it scrapped?
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, March 27, 2018, 6:03pm; Reply: 17
What the he'll was the ref doing moving the free kick 10 yards further forward? I genuinly don't remember that rule - must have wiped it from memory. What was the logic behind it and why was it scrapped?
Posted by: Tommy, March 27, 2018, 6:10pm; Reply: 18
If there was dissent following a free kick being awarded, a ref could move it forward 10 yards. Speaks for itself really, can't remember why they scrapped it.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, March 27, 2018, 6:56pm; Reply: 19
Love the idea!
Posted by: ginnywings, March 27, 2018, 7:17pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from LH
I thought my post would be read as obvious sarcasm. I remember us scoring four many times since. In fact we could do with one of those Bank Holiday weekends we had in the Conference when we scored 13 goals. Although I can’t see it happening as we never do well against Wycombe and I can’t see us putting a minimum of 12 past Stevenage.

I think everyone's radar is off kilter at the moment. Too much relegation worry.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, March 27, 2018, 7:24pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Tommy
If there was dissent following a free kick being awarded, a ref could move it forward 10 yards. Speaks for itself really, can't remember why they scrapped it.

It was scrapped because most of the time Refs were too chicken to actually do it
Print page generated: May 1, 2024, 3:16am