Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Civvy at last, March 25, 2018, 11:57am
Fridays game is Massive. We really do need to pack BP and get behind the team just as we did against Vale. (I think the Lower Findus Defence Regiment should not be required this time though  ;) ).

We didn’t expect anything from the last two games, although we didn’t expect to concede 7. I didn’t go to Coventry, but did go to Lincoln and believe it or not I have seen a glimmer of hope.

Stevenage are no Lincoln or Coventry and IF we get the first goal at a crowded BP we might just see some improvement from the less motivated players.

Fenty is aware of feelings, so no negativity required. I would hope the Stevenage directors get dogs abuse regarding Bra-gate. That in itself should make Fenty a bit uncomfortable. I would say squirm, but I doubt he has that in him.

I’ll be there Friday and would hope to see a large crowd giving the team their all. Retuning players getting fitter and another week to gell could be just what we need. See you there folks. UTM
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, March 25, 2018, 12:00pm; Reply: 1
I hope we can muster some sort of performance but I’d be surprised tbh
Posted by: Mallyner, March 25, 2018, 12:12pm; Reply: 2
We could all wear bras on top of our outfits.  :)
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, March 25, 2018, 12:14pm; Reply: 3
For me, this has got to be where we break our duck and get that desperately needed first win of the year.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, March 25, 2018, 12:15pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Mallyner

So could the players.

Posted by: ginnywings, March 25, 2018, 12:50pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Mallyner

I'll wear mine under my shirt as normal.  :)
Posted by: londonmariner2, March 25, 2018, 1:00pm; Reply: 6
We will definitely win on Friday.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, March 25, 2018, 5:04pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Civvy at last
Fridays game is Massive. We really do need to pack BP and get behind the team just as we did against Vale. (I think the Lower Findus Defence Regiment should not be required this time though  ;) ).

We didn’t expect anything from the last two games, although we didn’t expect to concede 7. I didn’t go to Coventry, but did go to Lincoln and believe it or not I have seen a glimmer of hope.

Stevenage are no Lincoln or Coventry and IF we get the first goal at a crowded BP we might just see some improvement from the less motivated players.

Fenty is aware of feelings, so no negativity required. I would hope the Stevenage directors get dogs abuse regarding Bra-gate. That in itself should make Fenty a bit uncomfortable. I would say squirm, but I doubt he has that in him.

I’ll be there Friday and would hope to see a large crowd giving the team their all. Retuning players getting fitter and another week to gell could be just what we need. See you there folks. UTM

All the bloody games have been "massive." The crowd has kept with the players by and large, and 1700 went to Lincoln and 900 to Coventry and it hasn't made a blind bit of difference. They have been unable to raise their game one iota even when the new manager came in.

I have never seen such a weak willed lot as this team; pathetic doesn't begin to describe it.

The first thing the new manager needed to do was to get them fired up; to contest every ball and defend the goal as if their lives depended on it and he hasn't been able to do that. Faffing around with different systems and giving every man and his dog a go has wasted 3 games so far. He should have been far more pragmatic and just set the team up to be very hard to beat and get a bit of confidence back.

I feel for Jolley in that he has next to nothing to work with, but in my opinion he should have got the simple basics right from game one instead we are now shipping more goals than before.

All academic really because we have had it as much as it pains me to say it.
Posted by: Hagrid, March 25, 2018, 5:08pm; Reply: 8
If the club has any sense at all, make it a quid, get it packed, im a ST holder but i dont care. My god the result today has made a terrible situation perilous.
Posted by: ackomariner, March 25, 2018, 5:17pm; Reply: 9
Should give st holders their money back for the remaining home games and make it free entry for everyone, because I wouldn't even pay a quid to watch this shite being served up...
Posted by: Civvy at last, March 25, 2018, 5:19pm; Reply: 10

All the bloody games have been "massive."  

Hence the title of the thread !!!
Posted by: GrimRob, March 25, 2018, 5:34pm; Reply: 11
Good Friday commemorates the Crucifixion. I can't see us being resurrected if we don't win.
Posted by: RoboCod, March 25, 2018, 5:45pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from ackomariner
Should give st holders their money back for the remaining home games and make it free entry for everyone, because I wouldn't even pay a quid to watch this shite being served up...

A quid to get in, then 2 quid for every goal we score, paid on the way out.
Posted by: Gaffer58, March 25, 2018, 6:05pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from RoboCod

Just take a quid then.
Posted by: Grimal, March 25, 2018, 6:10pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from RoboCod

And the club give us £4 each for every goal scored against us, then we can all go for a good p!ss up after the game.

Posted by: arryarryarry, March 25, 2018, 6:21pm; Reply: 15
Good Friday games very often ended in violence off the pitch. I remember the old half time score metal plates being used as weapons and thrown onto the pitch at plod and stewards possibly against Mansfield when there was a mini riot.  
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, March 25, 2018, 6:30pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from arryarryarry
Good Friday games very often ended in violence off the pitch. I remember the old half time score metal plates being used as weapons and thrown onto the pitch at plod and stewards possibly against Mansfield when there was a mini riot.  

I don’t think their will be any agg with Stevenage so no one should worry
Posted by: ginnywings, March 25, 2018, 6:33pm; Reply: 17
Easter is often a defining period in a season for promotion and relegation. By next Monday night, things will be a lot clearer i feel.
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 25, 2018, 6:45pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

I don’t think their will be any agg with Stevenage so no one should worry

It's not the Stevenage fans that I was worried about, it's the reaction to the players and Fenty should we lose.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, March 25, 2018, 6:49pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from arryarryarry

That’s when there was a fishing industry and trawlers were back so we could all get our fish on Good Friday, can remember the strong smell of alcohol in the old Barrett Stand on those occasions.
Posted by: OneLove, March 25, 2018, 7:03pm; Reply: 20
The amount of anger this seasons caused is unreal, after seeing chesterfields result Ive got a bad bad feeling this is it. Them players don't deserve us and that poler necked sharp object doesn't either, they need to man the intercourse up and go out there and play as a team for the club and for the fans. If not then they've deffo got a riot on their hands.
Posted by: Cod Cheeks, March 25, 2018, 8:16pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Civvy at last

Spot on post
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 6:40pm