Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 21, 2018, 12:40am

That's my football on the telly sorted this weekend........

Saturday        Luton v Barnet         League Two      17:15       Sky Sports Football / Sky Sports Main Event

Sunday      Chesterfield v Notts County      League Two        13:30        Sky Sports Football / Sky Sports Main Event
Posted by: lukeo, March 21, 2018, 6:55am; Reply: 1
Perfect game for us to have Barnet play in this weekend. Will be very very surprised if they get anything from it.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, March 21, 2018, 7:30am; Reply: 2
By the look of those 2 fixtures both will be lucky to get anything but sadly I can’t see us getting anything either. Cov and that little winger of theirs bossed us about at home pretty comfortably tbh
Posted by: Cloudy, March 21, 2018, 7:33am; Reply: 3
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
By the look of those 2 fixtures both will be lucky to get anything but sadly I can’t see us getting anything either. Cov and that little winger of theirs bossed us about at home pretty comfortably tbh

Couldn't be wrong but I thought that winger was out injured for several months?
Posted by: Grantley, March 21, 2018, 7:36am; Reply: 4
Jodi Jones got a season-ending injury very early on. Coventry obviously have other good players to still be in the playoffs!
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, March 21, 2018, 7:36am; Reply: 5
Quoted from Cloudy

Couldn't be wrong but I thought that winger was out injured for several months?

I hope so he was by far the standout player on the pitch for me , I forget his name
Posted by: oochiad, March 21, 2018, 8:49am; Reply: 6
Got a bad feeling that Barnet will get a good result at Luton.
Posted by: ginnywings, March 21, 2018, 10:14am; Reply: 7
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

If everyone at the bottom loses again, it will favour us slightly as another game has gone and the task gets slightly harder for the chasing pack with each passing week. Games are starting to run out. Down to single figures now for most.
Posted by: nightrider, March 21, 2018, 10:19am; Reply: 8
They only need to win their games in hand though!
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, March 21, 2018, 10:32am; Reply: 9
Quoted from nightrider

They've only won 8 all season.

That is something you fear when challening for promotion
Posted by: ginnywings, March 21, 2018, 10:32am; Reply: 10
Quoted from nightrider

Only!

Chesterfield are now the only side around us to have games in hand. The others have used up theirs without making any impact. Winning those games in hand is no easy task. If they win one of them, they will still be behind us.
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 24, 2018, 1:59pm; Reply: 11

BTSport 1HD

Andy Cook scores Tranmere's 2nd and probably match winning goal   :o
Posted by: buckstown, March 24, 2018, 2:09pm; Reply: 12
Luton are on a bad run, Mad Dog's first game back. He reduced the squad to 20 after 3 days there so the remainers could focus on the job. Wouldn't surprise me if they got a point.
And Andy Cook scores a worldy
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, March 24, 2018, 2:17pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from promotion plaice

BTSport 1HD

Andy Cook scores Tranmere's 2nd and probably match winning goal   :o

I was only thinking the other day that Andy Cook (for all his critics at the time saying he wasn't good enough) would have been an asset for us this season given the poor form from the forwards we currently have
Posted by: friskneymariner, March 24, 2018, 2:30pm; Reply: 14
Did not settle in Grimsby.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, March 24, 2018, 2:38pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from friskneymariner
Did not settle in Grimsby.

Yeah I get that - it happens a lot with young players who have no family network nearby to give support when times are hard

It's five years ago today that he scored the goal at Wembley against Wrexham and for that moment alone he has my respect

He might not have been the finished article with us but a few more years along the line, learning and maturing all the time, I still consider him a better player than any of the forwards we have on our books now
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 24, 2018, 6:02pm; Reply: 16

HT    Luton  0-0  Barnet
Posted by: ginnywings, March 24, 2018, 6:07pm; Reply: 17
Wonder what it's like to get to half time without conceding?
Posted by: bartgtfc, March 24, 2018, 6:21pm; Reply: 18
1-0 Luton
Posted by: bawarmy, March 24, 2018, 6:21pm; Reply: 19
Barnet losing
Posted by: sutton mariner, March 24, 2018, 6:22pm; Reply: 20
LUTON SCORE!
Posted by: ginnywings, March 24, 2018, 6:24pm; Reply: 21
Barnet were off the bottom for 47 mins. Now back bottom. Let's hope they stay there.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, March 24, 2018, 6:37pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from ginnywings
Barnet were off the bottom for 47 mins. Now back bottom. Let's hope they stay there.

If Barnet do lose, it will be a great boost for Chesterfield having also seen the Town result. A full house tomorrow for their home game against local rivals and a last minute winner just to make our weekend complete... I hope to God I am wrong but all seems to be in the stars to me. Has Fenty ever owned a black cat does anybody know?

Posted by: bartgtfc, March 24, 2018, 6:40pm; Reply: 23
2-0 now
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, March 24, 2018, 6:41pm; Reply: 24
2-0

Hope they collapse like we do
Posted by: ivanosandwich, March 24, 2018, 7:07pm; Reply: 25

If Barnet do lose, it will be a great boost for Chesterfield having also seen the Town result. A full house tomorrow for their home game against local rivals and a last minute winner just to make our weekend complete... I hope to God I am wrong but all seems to be in the stars to me. Has Fenty ever owned a black cat does anybody know?

He's had a few, not as pets, he employed them to catch rodents on that boat he keeps in his garden.

A few years ago, he had a great one but that cat wanted some extra help, he said no, so the cat got another job elsewhere.

Then he had a succession of cats, until one day, one of his old cats turned up looking for a job. This cat was once employed by him but just as it was about to catch the biggest catch of all, he cleared off. Anyway, JF still gave him a job but he was completely clueless this time around, the cat knew it too but JF kept employing him in the blind hope that his old mate would come good.

He's got a new cat now, he seems okay but the problem is, most of the rats are leaving anyway as the GTFC ship seems to be sinking..

Sorry, i'm feline like I need cheering up tonight.
Print page generated: May 11, 2024, 4:07am