Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Brazilnut, March 20, 2018, 10:49pm
say you won 5 mill on lottery and not wanting to spend /blow it all on town ....... you have family to look after......... so negotiated a 1 mill buy out of Fenty's loans .......would you then ask him to stay on board in an advisory role  to just guide you through all the complications /EFL meetings....  as lets face it none of us have a clue on how to actually run a club
Posted by: ginnywings, March 20, 2018, 10:51pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Brazilnut
say you won 5 mill on lottery and not wanting to spend /blow it all on town ....... you have family to look after......... so negotiated a 1 mill buy out of Fenty's loans .......would you then ask him to stay on board in an advisory role  to just guide you through all the complications /EFL meetings....  as lets face it none of us have a clue on how to actually run a club

.....enter pithy retort here......
Posted by: McAllisters Ghost, March 20, 2018, 10:53pm; Reply: 2
Nope.  I'd approach Adam Pearson (the guy who used to be at Hull during their move up the leagues) to see if we could tempt him to leave Rugby but stay with the "Black and Whites".
Posted by: Brazilnut, March 20, 2018, 10:54pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from ginnywings

.....enter pithy retort here......

lol ......just a strongbow fuelled question  :-/     thanks Ginny you actually made me giggle about Towns plight
Posted by: ginnywings, March 20, 2018, 11:13pm; Reply: 4
Strongbow will do that to ya. The drunkest i have ever been in my life was on cider.  ;D
Posted by: toontown, March 20, 2018, 11:14pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Brazilnut

good question - one I have idly pondered in the past! I would prefer he was no longer involved, if he wanted continuing involvement then it would cost him on what I was prepared to offer.

Personally think he is probably pretty good at keeping a tight financial ship, but takes it way too far and ends up costing him more (not coughing up for a conditioning coach and longer contract for Hurst cost way way more than it saved), and hardly needs saying but he is abysmally bad at fan engagement, and has a dreadful track record at managerial and football decisions. I honestly don't think he would want to be involved if he was not in control though.
Posted by: Brazilnut, March 20, 2018, 11:16pm; Reply: 6
that was probably propper cider as your a town fan ....strongbow drove past an orchard on the way out of the chemical factory lol
Posted by: Brazilnut, March 20, 2018, 11:20pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from toontown

good question - one I have idly pondered in the past! I would prefer he was no longer involved, if he wanted continuing involvement then it would cost him on what I was prepared to offer.

Personally think he is probably pretty good at keeping a tight financial ship, but takes it way too far and ends up costing him more (not coughing up for a conditioning coach and longer contract for Hurst cost way way more than it saved), and hardly needs saying but he is abysmally bad at fan engagement, and has a dreadful track record at managerial and football decisions. I honestly don't think he would want to be involved if he was not in control though.

that is sadly very true ....but then we would see how big a town fan he is .....would he gladly walk away with a postman/dustman /shop assisant incharge or would he guide and educate
Posted by: toontown, March 20, 2018, 11:29pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Brazilnut
[/b]

that is sadly very true ....but then we would see how big a town fan he is .....would he gladly walk away with a postman/dustman /shop assisant incharge or would he guide and educate

not convinced he would be the one educating  ;D
Posted by: Brazilnut, March 20, 2018, 11:37pm; Reply: 9
fair point well made lol
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 20, 2018, 11:40pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Brazilnut

I would then write off my £1 million immediately and become the non chairman waiting for a new sensible investor to take over......doubt I would have to wait long.

Posted by: ginnywings, March 20, 2018, 11:47pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Brazilnut
that was probably propper cider as your a town fan ....strongbow drove past an orchard on the way out of the chemical factory lol

It was proper scrumpy when i was on holiday in Cornwall. Worst headache i've had bar none.
Posted by: Brazilnut, March 20, 2018, 11:58pm; Reply: 12
bless you lol
Posted by: Mikey_345, March 21, 2018, 7:16am; Reply: 13
If I win 5mil - I’d buy 250k of shares. And commit to buying further shares each year to fund the club (which you could do from the interest you get on a yearly basis on the remainder).

That sort of money isn’t enough to buy and run a football club on your own I’m afraid.
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 21, 2018, 10:38am; Reply: 14
I don't think Fenty would want to work with me . ;)
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 21, 2018, 10:47am; Reply: 15
Quoted from grimsby pete
I don't think Fenty would want to work with me . ;)

You could always give him a call   :)

Posted by: 1mickylyons, March 21, 2018, 1:30pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Brazilnut

I have dreamt of this numerous times over the years though I actually win about 80M on the Euro`s and put half into Town. I kept JF on my board but I haven`t dreamt about Town in a long time.Seriously if I had that money today I would go to the Club open minded with a view to working with him.Given his history I would make sure I had the controlling interest.John Fenty gets ALL the blame BUT and this is my opinion the bloke is seriously handicapped by his board they don`t have a pot to urine in he may as well have you and I sat with him.
Posted by: ginnywings, March 21, 2018, 2:13pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I have dreamt of this numerous times over the years though I actually win about 80M on the Euro`s and put half into Town. I kept JF on my board but I haven`t dreamt about Town in a long time.Seriously if I had that money today I would go to the Club open minded with a view to working with him.Given his history I would make sure I had the controlling interest.John Fenty gets ALL the blame BUT and this is my opinion the bloke is seriously handicapped by his board they don`t have a pot to urine in he may as well have you and I sat with him.

And when people with money actually do get onto the board, how long do they last?
Posted by: StaffsMariner, March 21, 2018, 5:30pm; Reply: 18
It's all well and good buying the loan out but you seem to have forgotten you'd need to buy his shares aswell.
Posted by: Gaffer58, March 21, 2018, 6:06pm; Reply: 19
What's the current price of a single GTFC share at he moment?
Posted by: Marinerz93, March 21, 2018, 6:12pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Brazilnut

[img]https://i.imgur.com/dTPRuc3.gif[/img]
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 1:37pm