Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Yoda, March 19, 2018, 10:04pm
I fear we are about to see last ever 8 games of GTFC as a football league club.
The fans are lost maybe forever the youth support has nothing to remember or shout about.
No players or managers want to come here or play for the shirt.
We will death spiral to the conference north and stay there.

Thank you Mr. fenty what a great job you have done.
140 years of History gone.
Posted by: barralad, March 19, 2018, 10:12pm; Reply: 1
My you ARE a busy troll aren't you?
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 19, 2018, 10:12pm; Reply: 2

Over to Mr Jolley and the players at the minute...........Mr Fenty has set his stall out now.......let's see what the outcome is before we have an inquest.
Posted by: Balthazar Bullitt, March 19, 2018, 10:15pm; Reply: 3
In life, there are good days and there are bad days. Days when you're beating them off with a shitty stick and days when it feels like the drought has gone on forever.

In football, there are great times and there are bad times.

In the great times there's an extra spring in your step and every pint is as good as the first.

In the bad times there is rage and despondency and an inescapable truth that no matter how excrement things are this is still your team.

It is at times like this that I look for things to console me, as I see another pass gone awry & mutter yet another "FFS" under my breath.  

If this is you then take comfort and when you awake tomorrow just remind yourself of this small ray of sunshine...

"At least I'm not a flipping wind up merchant on the internet"

See you at Coventry :)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 19, 2018, 10:17pm; Reply: 4
In answer to the OP. Nah.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, March 19, 2018, 10:23pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Yoda
The fans are lost maybe forever the youth support has nothing to remember or shout about.

You could be right. It took us 6 years last time, and we never ever threatened the one automatic promotion spot in all that time. It would be a lot harder if we went down again. The fan base would be decimated, the interest lower, income much lower and player recruitment harder so yes it could happen.
Posted by: Green27, March 19, 2018, 10:25pm; Reply: 6
Not at alll. Hopefully you’re watching it’s re-birth.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, March 19, 2018, 10:25pm; Reply: 7

You could be right. It took us 6 years last time, and we never ever threatened the one automatic promotion spot in all that time. It would be a lot harder if we went down again. The fan base would be decimated, the interest lower, income much lower and player recruitment harder so yes it could happen.

2014/15 season
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, March 19, 2018, 10:28pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

2014/15 season

What about it? We finished 6 points off top spot.
Posted by: ginnywings, March 19, 2018, 10:32pm; Reply: 9
Were we not top for about 5 minutes that season?
Posted by: Yoda, March 19, 2018, 10:40pm; Reply: 10
We where never top and finished six points off the top spot.
WITH a strikeforce of Bogle and Amond.
The best strike partnership in years.
Posted by: hheh2, March 19, 2018, 10:41pm; Reply: 11
It is down to the team to scrap through and keep us in the league were we belong.

If we can pull it off I have full faith that the shite show we have been recently witnessing will eventually be behind us.

Keep the faith. UTFM
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, March 19, 2018, 10:48pm; Reply: 12
We need that win can't take much more of this shat.(anger3)(anger3)(anger3)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 19, 2018, 11:51pm; Reply: 13
We were top briefly in 2012-13 (I think it was - when we had Hannah and Neilson on loan before Christmas and we went off the boil when we signed Lloyd Griffith's favourite Christmas present in the January).

I remember kicking a table over in a pub in West Molesey by accident in my excitement when we scored (our second) against Wrexham on 22 December.
Posted by: gaz57, March 19, 2018, 11:59pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Yoda

The history will always be there it's the future I'm worried about.
Posted by: Grantley, March 20, 2018, 12:19am; Reply: 15
Quoted from KingstonMariner
We were top briefly in 2012-13 (I think it was - when we had Hannah and Neilson on loan before Christmas and we went off the boil when we signed Lloyd Griffith's favourite Christmas present in the January).

I remember kicking a table over in a pub in West Molesey by accident in my excitement when we scored (our second) against Wrexham on 22 December.

*Our first
**21st December
;)

Just to remind people, we were top from then until about March when we went on that 4 game losing streak.

And in 2015, we were 1 point behind Barnet going into Easter Weekend.
Posted by: oldun, March 20, 2018, 10:24am; Reply: 16
We were on the edge of the playoffs towards the end of last year!
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, March 20, 2018, 1:43pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Must have been some strong stuff you were drinking in that pub KM.... seeing double I'd say   ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/20723083

Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 20, 2018, 6:49pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Must have been some strong stuff you were drinking in that pub KM.... seeing double I'd say   ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/20723083

I stand corrected as you and Grantley have pointed out, we scored one. I have previous form in this respect. I awarded us a goal in our 5-0 defeat at Braintree (as those bloody student types at CodAlmighty pointed out on the Twitter). All I can say is, far from being a miserable sodomist, I view our results through rose-tinted spectacles and always think we did better than we really did.  ;)

And the date wasn't a bad guess considering I didn't use Google to check it.
Posted by: Abdul19, March 20, 2018, 9:37pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Yoda
We where never top and finished six points off the top spot.
WITH a strikeforce of Bogle and Amond.
The best strike partnership in years.

That strikeforce finished 21 points off top spot
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 8:40pm