Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, March 19, 2018, 9:36am
https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2018/march/ticket-news-for-coventry-city-vs-grimsby-town-on-24-mar-18/

Anyone been to stadium before? they say only parking available is off-site, 10 min walk and £4.50 for the privilege
Posted by: Heisenberg, March 19, 2018, 9:48am; Reply: 1
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2018/march/ticket-news-for-coventry-city-vs-grimsby-town-on-24-mar-18/

Anyone been to stadium before? they say only parking available is off-site, 10 min walk and £4.50 for the privilege

I’ve been for a non-football event and there is acres of parking, but you have to go through a barrier and pay at a machine. Not sure what the deal is on match days then, if this isn’t available.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, March 19, 2018, 9:58am; Reply: 2
Sorry, they 'Recommend' using off-site parking.

I think the official one at the stadium is £10, and more than likely a nightmare to get out off
Posted by: Heisenberg, March 19, 2018, 11:14am; Reply: 3
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Sorry, they 'Recommend' using off-site parking.

I think the official one at the stadium is £10, and more than likely a nightmare to get out off

Maybe a nightmare when there’s 30,000 in there. You have my word, there will not be 30,000 there on Saturday.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, March 21, 2018, 11:49am; Reply: 4
Just booked P2 on the link on the town site, 15 min walk, just off the M6 so easy to get to and get out off hopefully.

Anyone else in that one? and any plans of pubs between there and the ground?
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, March 21, 2018, 4:05pm; Reply: 5
There is a car park near or in the area but the cost is horrendous at least a tenner.(blink2)(blink2)
Posted by: chicaneuk, March 21, 2018, 4:45pm; Reply: 6
The ground is unfortunately a modern ground on the outskirts of the city. It is however, as has been said, right off the M6 so easy to find.

It does sit right next to a retail park, but I think they're pretty hot on keeping an eye on football traffic and ticketing accordingly so I wouldn't risk it.

Also a bit of a dearth of pubs and bars in that respect too.. however I'm trying to sell some town fans on the idea of trying this place out: https://www.byattsbrewery.co.uk/bar/

Good independent brewery in Coventry and about a 15 minute walk from the ground. They have a great range of ales. They also have good parking if you have a designated driver or light drinker with you :)
Posted by: forza ivano, March 21, 2018, 4:51pm; Reply: 7
just to let any exiles know that theyve now missed the deadline for buying tickets that need to be posted. can't even collect at cov, so looks like it'll be the home end for me and a few others!
Posted by: mimma, March 21, 2018, 4:52pm; Reply: 8
Went here a couple of years ago to see Muse in concert.

It's miles from the city centre, next to a huge out of town shopping centre. Parking restrictions are all around the stadium, no chance of any street parking. The stadium car park is huge, but expensive. (£22 a car for the concert!). It is a bit of a nightmare to get out of, although there was 27,000 there for Muse. Don't think it will be a problem when there is only 8,000 there.

I was lucky, I got a taxi from my hotel which took me to a pub about a five minute walk away. It was a housing estate, walked over a bridge over a river, through the shopping centre to the stadium. Streets were empty, and I managed to easily get a bus back to the city centre. It might be busy for a match though, with all the locals knowing of it.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, March 21, 2018, 5:02pm; Reply: 9
I’m in parking P1 £4.50
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, March 22, 2018, 2:08pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from forza ivano
just to let any exiles know that theyve now missed the deadline for buying tickets that need to be posted. can't even collect at cov, so looks like it'll be the home end for me and a few others!

Is it 100% confirmed that you can't collect on the day?

If so then it's me out.... I hadn't been able to confirm if I could go Saturday because of other things going on but now it seems it's been decided for me already (as I don't fancy going in with their fans)

Has anyone actually found out why the match is all ticket? Do Coventry apply this ruling to every visiting team? Just doesn't seem to make sense to me  :-/
Posted by: Chrisblor, March 22, 2018, 2:36pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

If so then it's me out.... I hadn't been able to confirm if I could go Saturday because of other things going on but now it seems it's been decided for me already (as I don't fancy going in with their fans)

Has anyone actually found out why the match is all ticket? Do Coventry apply this ruling to every visiting team? Just doesn't seem to make sense to me  :-/

They were still selling tickets to exiles this morning (contradicting their earlier statement that yesterday was the deadline) with special delivery postage (six bloody quid) - so you might still have a chance.

There's been no explanation from the club (or it's SLO) on the all-ticket nonsense, other than the police insist on it (how about telling us WHY they insist on it?)
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 22, 2018, 3:04pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

They are expecting 15,000 mariners to turn up Tim  ;D
Posted by: Chrisblor, March 22, 2018, 5:16pm; Reply: 13
Oh what a surprise, now tickets are available for collection at Coventry. Delighted I've wasted six quid on postage this morning given this news. Well done everyone in both ticket offices, and well done to the police too. You've really done a fantastic job you useless girl privates.
Posted by: codcheeky, March 22, 2018, 6:47pm; Reply: 14
I have a train ticket to Coventry Station anyone know the best route from there?
Posted by: Les Brechin, March 22, 2018, 6:50pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from codcheeky
I have a train ticket to Coventry Station anyone know the best route from there?

Go out of the station and jump in a taxi!  ;)
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, March 22, 2018, 6:59pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Chrisblor
Oh what a surprise, now tickets are available for collection at Coventry. Delighted I've wasted six quid on postage this morning given this news. Well done everyone in both ticket offices, and well done to the police too. You've really done a fantastic job you useless girl privates.

Do not blame our ticket office, they can only do what the home club lets them do, I bet they have pleaded with Coventry for ticket collection on the day.

Everything else I agree with you.
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, March 22, 2018, 7:23pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from codcheeky

It's a fair journey, get a taxi from outside the station mate  :)
Posted by: forza ivano, March 22, 2018, 9:18pm; Reply: 18
So can I still order tickets from gtfc tomorrow n collect at cov?
Posted by: imm_mariner, March 23, 2018, 12:06pm; Reply: 19
Just been to collect my 2 tickets, 800 sold so far, could we get 1000? That would be amazing support! Utm!
Posted by: chicaneuk, March 23, 2018, 12:53pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from codcheeky

There is an hourly train from Coventry to Coventry Arena which is a little station they put in specifically for the arena / shopping park. It’s a few minute walk from the ground.
Posted by: forza ivano, March 23, 2018, 1:00pm; Reply: 21
just ordered my 2 tickets for collection.thank goodness sense prevailed.

about 825 now sold

what time you hitting Byatts Chicane?
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, March 23, 2018, 1:33pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Chrisblor

Snap!
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, March 23, 2018, 1:34pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from chicaneuk

There is an hourly train from Coventry to Coventry Arena which is a little station they put in specifically for the arena / shopping park. It’s a few minute walk from the ground.

handy, we're on train via New Street to Arena station so very handy
Posted by: chicaneuk, March 23, 2018, 1:50pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from forza ivano
just ordered my 2 tickets for collection.thank goodness sense prevailed.

about 825 now sold

what time you hitting Byatts Chicane?

Hoping to land there for about 1:30 though I am driving myself and a couple of others, so will only be slowly sipping one pint :)
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, March 23, 2018, 2:36pm; Reply: 25
Quoted Text
But, fans can't use the new station at the Ricoh Arena. Can they?
It wouldn't appear so.

Coventry City and Wasps fans are being told not to use the new railway station to get to and from matches.

Why?
Train operators are telling sports fans to stick to existing bus services instead, after overcrowding concerns led independent stadium Safety Advisory Group to order the one-hour closure after major events, including sports fixtures and concerts
https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/ricoh-arena-train-station-go-9923069"."

Long wait after the match !
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, March 23, 2018, 3:03pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
I’m in parking P1 £4.50

Ditto all sorted and the ticket printed off to put on the car dash job done.(thumbup)
Posted by: Chrisblor, March 23, 2018, 4:13pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

That's a two year old article and there are scheduled trains departing Coventry Arena in both directions within an hour of the end of the match, so the 'safety advisory group' can urine right off if they think they're stopping me from boarding trains I've booked tickets for.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 5:45am