Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Badger57, March 18, 2018, 2:30pm
Very interesting to see that  Chesterfield have to play 5 relegation rivals and every single one of those are Away games to....
Us, Port Vale, Morecambe, Forest Green and Barnet.
Posted by: horsforthmariner, March 18, 2018, 2:34pm; Reply: 1
Fortunately they've got some really hard games as well.  I think 11 points is probably max for them. Puts them on 42 points - can we get 6 points from 8 games?
Posted by: Yoda, March 18, 2018, 3:48pm; Reply: 2
I agree i think we will need 42/43 points to stay up.

The hard part is I cannot see us getting them.
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 18, 2018, 3:54pm; Reply: 3
With no wins in 17 games it s asking a bit much to expect us to win 2 out of 8,

We might get 3 draws so that puts us on 40 pts,

So we will need at least one win to survive.
Posted by: ginnywings, March 18, 2018, 4:06pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from grimsby pete
With no wins in 17 games it s asking a bit much to expect us to win 2 out of 8,

We might get 3 draws so that puts us on 40 pts,

So we will need at least one win to survive.

Even though we are playing three of the teams around us, and especially the two currently below us at home? As bad as we are, i'd like to think we can beat them both. Gotta have a little bit of hope.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 18, 2018, 4:17pm; Reply: 5
If we drop points at home to Chesterfield & Barnet we deserve the fate that awaits us.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, March 18, 2018, 4:18pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from ginnywings

Even though we are playing three of the teams around us, and especially the two currently below us at home? As bad as we are, i'd like to think we can beat them both. Gotta have a little bit of hope.

Don’t know why but have a sneaky feeling we will beat Notts County but funnily lose to Chesterfield but then my predictions are normally poor at best so not about to place a large wager on this!
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 18, 2018, 4:23pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Don’t know why but have a sneaky feeling we will beat Notts County but funnily lose to Chesterfield but then my predictions are normally poor at best so not about to place a large wager on this!

The only game I think I've missed since we won at Barnet is Carlisle away and what I have seen during this run tells me that predicting a win against anybody is an optimistic view at best.
Posted by: LH, March 18, 2018, 5:06pm; Reply: 8
Some handsome illegitimate has put all of the relegation threatened club’s fixtures together in one handy image:

[tweet]975370946776305664[/tweet]
Posted by: Marinerz93, March 18, 2018, 5:44pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from LH
Some handsome illegitimate has put all of the relegation threatened club’s fixtures together in one handy image:

[tweet]975370946776305664[/tweet]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/ZUNtTuc.gif[/img]
Posted by: GrimRob, March 18, 2018, 5:50pm; Reply: 10
Have to say it's all building up to a very dramatic last few games - the fixture list makes it incredibly complicated :o. I must admit I thought the season was over in January and we'd be basking in mid-table mediocrity by now.
Posted by: LH, March 18, 2018, 6:21pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Marinerz93

[img]https://i.imgur.com/ZUNtTuc.gif[/img]

You’re right handsome illegitimate is a quote and I should have put it in quotation marks. I might have said it myself but a quote is a quote.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 4:53pm