Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Grimbiggs, March 18, 2018, 2:07pm
Out of the 30 or so player's we have who deserves another contract?

Macca
Killip?
Davies ?
Fox?
Summerfield ?
Mills
Clifton
Dembele
Jackson?

Only 4 definites for me, some of the loans may be possibles, Wilks/ DJ, but they're unlikely to want to stay, and i'd have had Clements back.
I may have missed one or two but struggling to put a team together which says alot about the quality of the squad.

Posted by: grimsby pete, March 18, 2018, 2:11pm; Reply: 1
Clements would not want to come back after the way Slade treat him,

Anyway FGR will offer him more money to stay there I would imagine.

I agree with your assessment on the other players mate.
Posted by: Hagrid, March 18, 2018, 2:12pm; Reply: 2
Focus on safety first eh
Posted by: horsforthmariner, March 18, 2018, 2:29pm; Reply: 3
Macca, Dembele, Clifton, Davies and Killip. IF we get relegated then Mills and perhaps Summerfield as well. But realistically I'd pay up Kelly, Hooper, Rose and Clarke as well. Whatever happens we need a complete clear out.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, March 18, 2018, 2:33pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Grimbiggs
Out of the 30 or so player's we have who deserves another contract?

Macca
Killip?
Davies ?
Fox?
Summerfield ?
Mills
Clifton
Dembele
Jackson?

Only 4 definites for me, some of the loans may be possibles, Wilks/ DJ, but they're unlikely to want to stay, and i'd have had Clements back.
I may have missed one or two but struggling to put a team together which says alot about the quality of the squad.

A complete clear out bar any we have contracted that would be too expensive to pay off. None of them are good enough, otherwise we wouldn't be 3rd bottom of the lowest tier in league football.
Posted by: jimgtfc, March 18, 2018, 2:34pm; Reply: 5
Not sure you can decide until we know which league we’re in next season.
Posted by: ginnywings, March 18, 2018, 3:39pm; Reply: 6
To be honest, i don't really care right now. That's a problem for another day.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 18, 2018, 4:02pm; Reply: 7
I think the bigger question is how may players would want a new deal with a non league club.
Posted by: 139881 (Guest), March 18, 2018, 5:24pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I think the bigger question is how may players would want a new deal with a non league club.

Those players who could potentially put us there should consider themselves lucky to get a deal with a top division non-league club. Clearly not good enough for the league anyway

Whether we remain or fall a massive clear out is needed
Posted by: Marinerz93, March 18, 2018, 5:35pm; Reply: 9
IF we drop into non league we'll need players who are capable of playing at the top end of non league and mid to top level in league 2, most of the current bunch are showing that they are struggling with that given our league position.
Posted by: moosey_club, March 18, 2018, 5:35pm; Reply: 10
Fck them all off for me but as i am not in charge then the manager should be fully supported by the board for next season regardless what league we are in. By support i mean giving him full carte blanche ...pay off whoever he doesnt want on the playing staff, coaching staff, backroom staff and let him have HIS choices in.

The smell from the club is awful and the entire set up needs a proper deep clean to rid the stench of Hurst,Bignot (although thats largely been done already)  and Slade.

Posted by: GrimRob, March 18, 2018, 5:56pm; Reply: 11
A ridiculous question to ask now and considering they are all our employees NOW, do we really want to be rubbishing them given that our future depends on them?

I say that are ALL good players and should be given big extended contracts next season. Provided they do the business in the next 8 games.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 12:21am