Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Not again., March 18, 2018, 9:40am
Remember when the gimps lose at Wembley to the shrews, and fail to get promotion, let's get on their forum to give them it big style.
One of their stewards said to me as we were leaving, "see you next season" and we will , come kick off day we will be level on points again with these gimp idiots.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, March 18, 2018, 10:28am; Reply: 1
Quoted from Not again.
Remember when the gimps lose at Wembley to the shrews, and fail to get promotion, let's get on their forum to give them it big style.
One of their stewards said to me as we were leaving, "see you next season" and we will , come kick off day we will be level on points again with these gimp idiots.

I don't understand what pleasure you get from posting drivel like this. Each to their own and all that but we are a club in crisis and about to be relegated to non league for the 2nd (3rd) time in a decade and this is all you have to worry about?
Posted by: Impish2, March 18, 2018, 10:41am; Reply: 2
Quoted from Not again.

We could well lose at Wembley, wouldn't be the end of the world. We could easily not get into the play offs either but there's still a lot of points to play for, for both clubs yet, so all is not lost.  If we don't get into the play offs, I expect we will be strong again next season.

Ah well, being a gimp idiot I have seen a lot of crap in my 35-40 year time watching Lincoln, so it's a surreal change to actually watch a team that Is very competitive and wins quite a lot of football matches.
Posted by: Marinerz93, March 18, 2018, 10:43am; Reply: 3
Quoted from Impish2

We could well lose at Wembley, wouldn't be the end of the world. We could easily not get into the play offs either but there's still a lot of points to play for, for both clubs yet, so all is not lost.  If we don't get into the play offs, I expect we will be strong again next season.

Ah well, being a gimp idiot I have seen a lot of crap in my 35-40 year time watching Lincoln, so it's a surreal change to actually watch a team that Is very competitive and wins quite a lot of football matches.

We could match or better that 35-40 years of watching crap if Fenty doesn't leave us alone.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, March 18, 2018, 10:43am; Reply: 4
Quoted from Impish2

Enjoy it while you can. We never thought the footballing gods would turn on us as they have but all success is great, but you never appreciate it enough at the time as I can confirm due to past experience!
Posted by: nealeardleyscrossing, March 18, 2018, 10:58am; Reply: 5
Quoted from Not again.

Give it us big style for maybe losing against the second best team in League 1 , and failing to get promoted in our first season back in league two after 6 years.
I will happily take where we are, 40 years I have seen about 4 good years. So I am enjoying it whilst it lasts.
Posted by: RoboCod, March 18, 2018, 11:01am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Impish2

You're a Lincoln fan though Impish. The fans I come across are more anti-Grimsby than pro-Lincoln, to be a huge number of points ahead of GTFC while still in the basement division seems to be heralded as the all time best achievement by them. Tearing up shirts in an effort to make our game seem something akin to Inter vs AC is all very weird.
But you probably know that, as you seem to be a normal, well adjusted fan and very likely not jumped aboard in the last 2 years or held some deep rooted bitter resentment against a team who actually care very little about Lincoln.
Posted by: lukeo, March 18, 2018, 11:04am; Reply: 7
Bore off. I'd rather have impish and other decent Lincoln fans on this forum than you.. Please leave.
Posted by: Civvy at last, March 18, 2018, 11:39am; Reply: 8
We saw the fat lad on the way to the ground. He was laughing and joking with the Town fans.
He seemed to me to be slightly mentally challenged. That’s not a pop at him but a general observation.
Whilst I found it amusing that they think so highly of us they’ll buy a shirt to rip up, I wonder  if our stewards would have stood and watched laughing if we had done the same.
And it was funny when he couldn’t actually tear it himself and needed a hand.
Posted by: ginnywings, March 18, 2018, 12:27pm; Reply: 9
The fact is that we have only really become "rivals" due to our dire recent records and both teams languishing in League 2/Non League for so long. Lincoln were never on my radar as a Town fan until relatively recently. We have been bound together by our deficiencies and there is no great rivalry in my mind. The only time in the last ten or so years that i have felt that true buzz of rivalry, was when we played and beat Scunny in the FA Cup.

I don't say this to disparage Lincoln in any way. It's just how i feel.
Posted by: GrimRob, March 18, 2018, 12:33pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from ginnywings
The fact is that we have only really become "rivals" due to our dire recent records and both teams languishing in League 2/Non League for so long. Lincoln were never on my radar as a Town fan until relatively recently. We have been bound together by our deficiencies and there is no great rivalry in my mind. The only time in the last ten or so years that i have felt that true buzz of rivalry, was when we played and beat Scunny in the FA Cup.

Depends when you were born. We didn't play Lincoln much in the 1980s and 1990s but pretty much every other decade we have been regular oppenents.

https://thefishy.co.uk/resultsbreakdown.php?team=Lincoln

We have played them 119 times, more than anyone else I think.
Posted by: Balthazar Bullitt, March 18, 2018, 1:26pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Civvy at last
We saw the fat lad on the way to the ground. He was laughing and joking with the Town fans.
He seemed to me to be slightly mentally challenged. That’s not a pop at him but a general observation.
Whilst I found it amusing that they think so highly of us they’ll buy a shirt to rip up, I wonder  if our stewards would have stood and watched laughing if we had done the same.
And it was funny when he couldn’t actually tear it himself and needed a hand.

You can say what you like, but I still don't think that's any way for a Mayor to behave.
Posted by: ginnywings, March 18, 2018, 1:40pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from GrimRob

Depends when you were born. We didn't play Lincoln much in the 1980s and 1990s but pretty much every other decade we have been regular oppenents.

That maybe so, but they don't feel like rivals to me. As you say, probably age dependent. The younger fans know no difference.
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 18, 2018, 2:05pm; Reply: 13
I can remember when Lincoln and Scunny were in D2 ( NOW CHAMPIONSHIP )

With us and we all held our own for a few seasons.
Posted by: Impish2, March 18, 2018, 2:17pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from ginnywings

The first away game I went to was at the Old Showground against the Scunts. There were a lot of Grimsby fans at the game and I am told that one half they were supporting Scunny and the other half us. Not sure if that's true because I was quite young and it's a long time ago.

As for rivals, it used to be Peterborough, Doncaster, Scunny, even the odd game against Hull and further back games against the Sheffield clubs. Grimsby has always felt like a rivalry to me, but we just never used to win very often (or maybe that was against most clubs tbh).
Posted by: barralad, March 18, 2018, 2:24pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from GrimRob

Watching Town in the late sixties/early seventies I cannot remember beating Lincoln once. Even in the 71/72 season we could only manage a 2-2 draw at home and our customary hammering at Sincil Bank
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 18, 2018, 2:29pm; Reply: 16
From my early days in the early 70s we always seemed to do well against York but not against Lincoln. Don't know why that sticks in the mind.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, March 18, 2018, 2:33pm; Reply: 17
Hull and Scunny were always fierce rivals but never Lincoln.

Two Yorkshire sides we always seem to play were Rotherham and Barnsley what I wouldn't give to be on par with them right now.
Posted by: GYinScuntland, March 18, 2018, 3:16pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Impish2

The first away game I went to was at the Old Showground against the Scunts. There were a lot of Grimsby fans at the game and I am told that one half they were supporting Scunny and the other half us. Not sure if that's true because I was quite young and it's a long time ago.

As for rivals, it used to be Peterborough, Doncaster, Scunny, even the odd game against Hull and further back games against the Sheffield clubs. Grimsby has always felt like a rivalry to me, but we just never used to win very often (or maybe that was against most clubs tbh).

Was at that one, many moons ago.
A good amount of Grimsby in the Fox Street end, really can't remember if town had a game that day but it all kicked off a bit when the scunts started comments about smelling fish and someone snatched a Town scarf and began burning it.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, March 18, 2018, 3:47pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from barralad

Watching Town in the late sixties/early seventies I cannot remember beating Lincoln once. Even in the 71/72 season we could only manage a 2-2 draw at home and our customary hammering at Sincil Bank

Obviously living here since 1977 it is the derby game for me but have always appreciated that for Grimsby raised fans Scunny and the Yorkshire sides that were the main rivals. Like Barra I do not remember any successful matches v Lincoln until Buckley’s first season when Diddy Gilbert made his debut on a good Friday think about 1988, and only remember victory at Sincil Bank during our conference era.

On the other hand we always seemed to beat Scunny only remember us losing to them once in the old days when I think they won 1-0 with a Nigel Cassidy goal.
Posted by: ginnywings, March 18, 2018, 3:49pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Impish2

There is definitely more of an edge to a Grimsby Lincoln game than when we play most other sides in the division, but i've always felt more of a rivalry with Scunny, Hull and some of the  South Yorkshire sides. The tearing up of the shirt was all a bit pathetic i thought as the intensity of our rivalry is not at that level as far as i'm concerned.
Posted by: Mendonca1995, March 18, 2018, 4:00pm; Reply: 21
Probably just another plastic fan of theirs 👍  
Posted by: Grantley, March 18, 2018, 4:11pm; Reply: 22
Pretty sure the guy was Sid Army wasn’t it? He’s a bit of cult hero at Lincoln, though I’m not really sure what for. Possibly just being overweight and someone to laugh at?
Posted by: Impish2, March 18, 2018, 5:28pm; Reply: 23
Sid is a bit of a numpty BUT has raised quite a bit of money for charity by selling his 'Sid Army' shirts and other stuff.
He is certainly overweight, the site of him getting his t1ts out in front of the co-op yesterday didn't warm me up that's for sure.
Posted by: Marinerz93, March 18, 2018, 5:38pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Impish2
Sid is a bit of a numpty BUT has raised quite a bit of money for charity by selling his 'Sid Army' shirts and other stuff.
He is certainly overweight, the site of him getting his t1ts out in front of the co-op yesterday didn't warm me up that's for sure.

Something for those babies in the 0898 squadron to suckle on at half time, bitty.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 6:24am