Print Topic - Archive

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: crusty ole pie, March 18, 2018, 8:24am
Question for those who go and watch training. Does mccalister attend and does he train with the first team squad ?
Seems so strange that given our few options in midfield that he can’t even get on the bench
What as he done wrong is he refusing to play
Yesterday when Matt dean asked jolly about injuries there was no mention of him.
Posted by: 11MARINER11, March 18, 2018, 8:38am; Reply: 1
Wonder if hes the so called trouble maker ?
Posted by: crusty ole pie, March 18, 2018, 8:42am; Reply: 2
Quoted from 11MARINER11

Crossed my mind too but he was not a Slade signing was he ?
Posted by: golfer, March 18, 2018, 8:49am; Reply: 3
A complete waste of money-3-4 games since we signed him and people still keep calling for him to be in the team-most likely a call in desperation.
Posted by: crusty ole pie, March 18, 2018, 8:51am; Reply: 4
Quoted from golfer
A complete waste of money-3-4 games since we signed him and people still keep calling for him to be in the team-most likely a call in desperation.

Perhaps it is but we are DESPERATE
Posted by: jimgtfc, March 18, 2018, 9:05am; Reply: 5
Played less than 10 games in 2 years, had numerous injuries in that time, and prior to that only been a decent lower league player. Maybe he’s nowhere near the standard anymore. Injuries can really take their toll. In the state we’re in, if he was good enough he would have been in the team.
Posted by: Maringer, March 18, 2018, 9:12am; Reply: 6
If he is indeed fit, it surely can't be anything else but a contractual thing - i.e. his deal automatically gives him an extra year of he appears in both seasons.

If so, this would be a bloody silly deal to give him in the first place, but that sounds entirely possible knowing those doing the recruiting!

You'd imagine he will be one of the better paid players, but the situation is so dire, can we afford not to play him?
Posted by: Posh Harry, March 18, 2018, 9:40am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Maringer
If he is indeed fit, it surely can't be anything else but a contractual thing - i.e. his deal automatically gives him an extra year of he appears in both seasons.

If so, this would be a bloody silly deal to give him in the first place, but that sounds entirely possible knowing those doing the recruiting!

You'd imagine he will be one of the better paid players, but the situation is so dire, can we afford not to play him?

Can’t be contractual. No one in the history of the game has negotiated a contract where playing 10-15 games over 2 years kicks in a new one year deal.

I agree there must be a reason but no one seems to know. We have many weak areas on the pitch but centre midfield is the heart beat of the team and Berrett is just shocking from the few times I have seen him and it seems that is the view of the majority, so there must be something else going on behind the scenes.

Maybe he is not showing the right attitude in training, maybe he is not fit enough (didn’t play that much for York when on loan did he?). I know he claims he is fit, but maybe it is in his own interest to do so.

I do think the question needs to be asked though, and realistically that can only be done by the press in the public domain as non of us are going to get an answer. I am not on that Twitter thingy, maybe someone can ask Matt Dean why he is not asking the question, or whether he can do so.

UTFM
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 18, 2018, 2:27pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from jimgtfc
Played less than 10 games in 2 years, had numerous injuries in that time, and prior to that only been a decent lower league player. Maybe he’s nowhere near the standard anymore. Injuries can really take their toll. In the state we’re in, if he was good enough he would have been in the team.

Most of our players are nowhere near the standard required.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, March 18, 2018, 3:07pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from arryarryarry

Most of our players are nowhere near the standard required.

Virtually all of our squad doesn’t cut it I’d only keep 4/5 for next year
Posted by: Jimbob, March 18, 2018, 4:54pm; Reply: 10
probably not one of the favourites or gets bigged up on telegraph website crap.
Posted by: RichMariner, March 18, 2018, 11:26pm; Reply: 11
It's just very odd how he's nowhere close to playing for us despite being injury free for months.

His career to date suggests he has something to offer. It's bizarre how we operate as if he doesn't exist.

I'm sort of waiting for Hurst to sign him in the summer, and he'll end up being a world beater for Shrewsbury in the Championship!
Posted by: GrimRob, March 18, 2018, 11:41pm; Reply: 12
Every manager just evades questions about him. He's like a disgraced relative you are not meant to talk about.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, March 19, 2018, 7:30am; Reply: 13
Cant be appearance based contract as surely two appearances wouldnt trigger a new deal .
Posted by: Davec, March 19, 2018, 7:31am; Reply: 14
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Cant be appearance based contract as surely two appearances wouldnt trigger a new deal .

You never know with Fenty
Posted by: Abdul19, March 19, 2018, 8:07am; Reply: 15
He's played 3 league games in 21 months - if it's contractual it'd be the oddest deal ever. As for fitness, he started 5 games in a month at York, although he was subbed each time, presumably because he was returning from injury. Of course, any sharpness that he will have gained there has now presumably copulated off (but he's still probably sharper than Berrett)
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, March 19, 2018, 8:17am; Reply: 16
Another situation were not ( the fans ) allowed to know about , starting to bore me tbh
Posted by: moosey_club, March 19, 2018, 10:29pm; Reply: 17
I am actually seriously beginning to wonder if he actually exists...... Kesyer Soze n all that.
Posted by: ginnywings, March 19, 2018, 10:47pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from moosey_club
I am actually seriously beginning to wonder if he actually exists...... Kesyer Soze n all that.

......and like that......he's gone.  ;)
Posted by: Mallyner, March 23, 2018, 7:00pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from 11MARINER11

He is obviously a good player, although perhaps injury prone, but is there any truth about this? I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't in the squad again tomorrow. If you were to do a Google image search for his name under Scunthorpe, Sheffield Weds. Shrewsbury or Grimsby Town, he looks sullen and unsmiling  in every photo.
Posted by: tanga_the_indestructible, March 23, 2018, 10:00pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Posh Harry

Can’t be contractual. No one in the history of the game has negotiated a contract where playing 10-15 games over 2 years kicks in a new one year deal.

I agree there must be a reason but no one seems to know. We have many weak areas on the pitch but centre midfield is the heart beat of the team and Berrett is just shocking from the few times I have seen him and it seems that is the view of the majority, so there must be something else going on behind the scenes.

Maybe he is not showing the right attitude in training, maybe he is not fit enough (didn’t play that much for York when on loan did he?). I know he claims he is fit, but maybe it is in his own interest to do so.

I do think the question needs to be asked though, and realistically that can only be done by the press in the public domain as non of us are going to get an answer. I am not on that Twitter thingy, maybe someone can ask Matt Dean why he is not asking the question, or whether he can do so.

UTFM

Matt Dean asked him about this week (again).

Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 2:42pm