Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /    /  
Posted by: Civvy at last, March 17, 2018, 1:46pm
You picked Slade. You let him get rid of our best players.
You saved two quid.
And I’m stood on a terrace totally embarrassed.

I won’t be there for non league.  Hopefully neither will you.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, March 17, 2018, 1:50pm; Reply: 1
He wants dragging out his s class after and ....
Posted by: denni266, March 17, 2018, 1:59pm; Reply: 2
All fentys fault.. hope you are happy you penny pinching tw@t.. go and fillet some fish and keep away from OUR CLUB . you are a waste of oxygen  and get slade out your shed and take him with you
Posted by: OllieGTFC, March 17, 2018, 2:04pm; Reply: 3
Come on SELL UP OFFICIALLY PUT IT UP FOR SALE !!
Posted by: mariner91, March 17, 2018, 2:06pm; Reply: 4
You can shove your benign loans up your backside as well. You've cost this club far, far more than you've ever loaned it.
Posted by: denni266, March 17, 2018, 2:29pm; Reply: 5
And most of all  fenty you have destroyed our pride
Posted by: Yoda, March 17, 2018, 2:30pm; Reply: 6
Fenty show some class for once and just walk away and write your loans off, as the Sunderland chairman has.
Posted by: friskneymariner, March 17, 2018, 2:45pm; Reply: 7
I think it is incredible that people can red cross any of these comments,come on you Fenty lovers let us know your thoughts.
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 17, 2018, 2:50pm; Reply: 8

Yes...the benign loan can be be blamed on Mr Fenty with bad decisions which is putting off new investors........but John Fenty is Town through and through and has helped prop the club up in recent times.

but

You have to have someone that wants to pump some serious money in the playing squad to stay in the Football League these days and that man isn't John Fenty.

I'll be fuming with rage if we go down.

Posted by: mariner91, March 17, 2018, 2:56pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from promotion plaice

Yes...the benign loan can be be blamed on Mr Fenty with bad decisions which is putting off new investors........but John Fenty is Town through and through and has helped prop the club up in recent times.

but

You have to have someone that wants to pump some serious money in the playing squad to stay in the Football League these days and that man isn't John Fenty.

I'll be fuming with rage if we go down.

You don't need to pump serious money into a team to stay in the FL. Particularly not a club with our fanbase. If Accrington can top the table on sub-2000 attendances and no sugar daddy then there is no reason why we couldn't do the same.

The reason we don't hold our own in this league is because we've got a board without any footballing knowledge or insight. A board who try to cut costs at all times such as selling our only goalscorer in January when it was clear to everybody but them that we were going to be in for a struggle. A board who repeatedly hire shite managers. A board who alienate huge swathes of the fanbase so that we're nowhere near reaching our potential in terms of attendances or community engagement. A board that are perfectly happy to try and tread water until the never happening stadium gets built, not realising that if you aim to tread water it's a small step away from regressing. A board that know the cost of everything and the value of nothing. Fenty out.
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 17, 2018, 3:00pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from mariner91

You don't need to pump serious money into a team to stay in the FL. Particularly not a club with our fanbase. If Accrington can top the table on sub-2000 attendances and no sugar daddy then there is no reason why we couldn't do the same.

The reason we don't hold our own in this league is because we've got a board without any footballing knowledge or insight. A board who try to cut costs at all times such as selling our only goalscorer in January when it was clear to everybody but them that we were going to be in for a struggle. A board who repeatedly hire shite managers. A board who alienate huge swathes of the fanbase so that we're nowhere near reaching our potential in terms of attendances or community engagement. A board that are perfectly happy to try and tread water until the never happening stadium gets built, not realising that if you aim to tread water it's a small step away from regressing. A board that know the cost of everything and the value of nothing. Fenty out.

8)

Posted by: Mikey_345, March 17, 2018, 3:04pm; Reply: 11
I’ve backed Fenty more than many and been prepared to give benefit of the doubt.

However even I’ve come round to the conclusion that this is all on him and the board. Awful decisions re managerial appointments and player recruitment (more importantly players let go).

Bad decision after bad decision. However well intended they where, doesn’t change the fact.
Posted by: Marinerz93, March 17, 2018, 3:06pm; Reply: 12
Are you happy John with our current position and possible future of dropping back into non league.

Some say you are a fan, prove it by bringing in players to help us avoid the drop or F Off and take those benign loans with you.

You reap what you sow, and our current plight shows us how much of a fan you really are, if we drop into non league you won't get the support you think you'll get act now to stop us going into non league.
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 17, 2018, 3:18pm; Reply: 13
Hello John remember me ?

I have kept off threads moaning about you as I was banned for going over the top a bit back,

BUT

I can not keep quiet any longer,

You might love the club and you put a bit of money in so you can keep saying we do not owe anybody a penny,

Well your tight fist ness has come back to bite you on your bum,

You have allowed this club to be a laughing stock with frequent mentions on the telly about 5 pts out of 51 .ect,

You have allowed a useless manager to bring in useless players because they are cheap,

22 GOOD PLAYERS WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER THAN 30+ POOR ONES,

AND

They would not have cost the club any more money.

Just go John and go now.
Posted by: malkamalka, March 17, 2018, 4:00pm; Reply: 14
Have we EVER actually been told the all out price for the club? That is, how much does Mr Fenty want for it? In total, including his shareholding and loans.
Posted by: malkamalka, March 17, 2018, 4:01pm; Reply: 15
Have we EVER actually been told the all out price for the club? That is, how much does Mr Fenty want for it? In total, including his shareholding and loans.
Posted by: Badger57, March 17, 2018, 4:03pm; Reply: 16
He can swivel for his loans. He gambled, he lost, tough excrement.
Posted by: Grim74, March 17, 2018, 4:06pm; Reply: 17
Accrington are a smaller club we  should be doing better than them..... talk about deluded arrogance., there are know guarantees in football speak to Tranmere and Stockport fans - of bigger clubs than us.
Posted by: malkamalka, March 17, 2018, 4:09pm; Reply: 18
<He can swivel for his loans. He gambled, he lost, tough excrement.>

Maybe in your mind, but not legally.

This is as much the reason we are in the $hite as any other, because there is no proper logic to calling for Fenty to leave.

The ONLY way is to make an offer.

That offer has to be structurally viable, legal and practical.

Just sitting on The Fishy abusing the guy, is NOT going to achieve anything!
Posted by: mariner91, March 17, 2018, 4:20pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Grim74
Accrington are a smaller club we  should be doing better than them..... talk about deluded arrogance., there are know guarantees in football speak to Tranmere and Stockport fans - of bigger clubs than us.

Never said we should be doing better than them, used them as the example to show you don't need to be pumped full of money like someone suggested.
Posted by: golfer, March 17, 2018, 4:58pm; Reply: 20
He is not the biggest culprit for getting us in this mess. I know J.S.F.appointed him but that honour must go to Slade,also a lot of us [YOU] welcomed the appointment but a lot of us[US] did not. I believe he gave Slade whatever he asked for and wasn't actually penny pinching,just that Slade had a screw that worked loose.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, March 17, 2018, 5:01pm; Reply: 21
Slade picked Clark over Pearson enough said ...
Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 17, 2018, 5:05pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from golfer
He is not the biggest culprit for getting us in this mess. I know J.S.F.appointed him but that honour must go to Slade,also a lot of us [YOU] welcomed the appointment but a lot of us[US] did not. I believe he gave Slade whatever he asked for and wasn't actually penny pinching,just that Slade had a screw that worked loose.

I think you've forgotten what Fenty said about Bignot and the fact that all the Bignot signings have been purged from the club. That message must have got to Slade from somewhere.
Posted by: Cloudy, March 17, 2018, 5:12pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I think you've forgotten what Fenty said about Bignot and the fact that all the Bignot signings have been purged from the club. That message must have got to Slade from somewhere.

I actually think Slade had a strong dislike for any of the guys who came from non league. He didn't trust them, thought they all have poor attitudes. That's why Bolawinra, Osbourne, Yusseff and Jones are out the door. In all honesty all 4 of them would have been better than what we had on the pitch today

That is why he is similar to Fenty. Closed minds. Always believe they are always right.
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 12:03am