Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Civvy at last, March 15, 2018, 2:36pm
Does anybody know what beers they have there and is the price ok ? I don't mind normal match day price, but ain't paying silly money to rivals that's for sure.  
I normally have a wander before the game, but reckon it will be mega busy everywhere.  I just hope that fans from both side respect the fanzone for what it is. A family environment to be enjoyed by all.

Posted by: Kristine, March 15, 2018, 2:43pm; Reply: 1
Ask Alan on Twitter @SLO_LCFC I seem to think they might have guest stuff every so often.
Posted by: nealeardleyscrossing, March 15, 2018, 3:39pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Civvy at last
Does anybody know what beers they have there and is the price ok ? I don't mind normal match day price, but ain't paying silly money to rivals that's for sure.  
I normally have a wander before the game, but reckon it will be mega busy everywhere.  I just hope that fans from both side respect the fanzone for what it is. A family environment to be enjoyed by all.

Its a very good, but busy area, plenty of different beers, Food, and entertainment. Especially for the kids, Archery, speed football etc.
I echo what your saying, hope its respected by both sets of fans, I will be there with my 7 year old, I imagine it will be well managed, policed by the club.
Posted by: Gaffer58, March 15, 2018, 3:56pm; Reply: 3

Its a very good, but busy area, plenty of different beers, Food, and entertainment. Especially for the kids, Archery, speed football etc.
I echo what your saying, hope its respected by both sets of fans, I will be there with my 7 year old, I imagine it will be well managed, policed by the club.

Archery, that could be interesting when the boot boys meet.
Posted by: nealeardleyscrossing, March 15, 2018, 3:57pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Gaffer58

Archery, that could be interesting when the boot boys meet.

They are plastic and rubber mate, not ones that are used at the Olympics!
Posted by: Civvy at last, March 15, 2018, 4:00pm; Reply: 5

Buggger. So I can’t bring my own crossbow then  :-/  ;)
Posted by: nealeardleyscrossing, March 15, 2018, 4:16pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Civvy at last

Buggger. So I can’t bring my own crossbow then  :-/  ;)

Well you can but I think its classed as a firearm, so you may do a decent stretch if caught! :)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 15, 2018, 7:00pm; Reply: 7

Well you can but I think its classed as a firearm, so you may do a decent stretch if caught! :)

Not sure about the need to stretch. If you've got a decent winch even a weakling like me can draw the bowstring on a crossbow.
Posted by: gaz57, March 15, 2018, 7:07pm; Reply: 8

Don't get the point in that.
Posted by: Jaws, March 15, 2018, 9:55pm; Reply: 9
Can anyone recommend somewhere to park.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, March 15, 2018, 11:16pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Jaws
Can anyone recommend somewhere to park.

Get your sat nav to take you down Boultham Park Road then take left on to Hall zdrive and another left on to Altham Terrace, dead end but easy 5 to 10 minutes walk. Only issue will be now Chimps get bigger crowds whether it will be chockablock round there nowadays but even from Hall drive only 20 minute walk.

Golden Eagle real ale pub at bottom of high street offers decent beer but will be packed.
Posted by: ginnywings, March 16, 2018, 8:51am; Reply: 11
Golden Eagle. Spent many a drunken night in there winding up Lincoln fans when they were adrift in non league.
Posted by: Jaws, March 16, 2018, 9:05am; Reply: 12
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Get your sat nav to take you down Boultham Park Road then take left on to Hall zdrive and another left on to Altham Terrace, dead end but easy 5 to 10 minutes walk. Only issue will be now Chimps get bigger crowds whether it will be chockablock round there nowadays but even from Hall drive only 20 minute walk.

Golden Eagle real ale pub at bottom of high street offers decent beer but will be packed.

Thanks!
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, March 16, 2018, 11:33am; Reply: 13
Quoted from ginnywings
Golden Eagle. Spent many a drunken night in there winding up Lincoln fans when they were adrift in non league.

Used to go in there a lot at one time but IMO since Castle Breweries took it over not as good quality beer, plus now Lincoln doing better than us I get too much flak.

Anyone wanting a decent pint without the crowds should probably park in the Cathedral area and seek out one of the Strugglers, Morning Star or if you want tv and a bit of grub the Peacock. Latter sometimes may have a few of the old “ Lincoln faces” in but landlord is a great bloke and they are normally pretty friendly but you never know!!
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, March 16, 2018, 12:59pm; Reply: 14

The police don't seem to mind!
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 4:35pm