Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, March 13, 2018, 1:43pm

[url]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5494181/Michael-Jolley-appointed-manager-Grimsby-Town-despite-sex-attack.html[/url]
Posted by: ginnywings, March 13, 2018, 1:48pm; Reply: 1
The Daily Mail, digging up sh1t from the past that has already been dealt with. What a despicable rag that thing is.

Can't even get his name right.
Posted by: MarinerDevil, March 13, 2018, 1:53pm; Reply: 2
They love a good hit-piece don't they.  Doubt this will require a response but if necessary I hope the club provide adequate support to MJ should the press keep digging.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, March 13, 2018, 1:58pm; Reply: 3
Horrible rag
Posted by: Kris2, March 13, 2018, 1:59pm; Reply: 4
Lol bunch of sad acts. He admitted what he did and accepted the punishment handed down to him. I like how they leave out the parts of the police report that stated the girls behaviour was disgusting and they assaulted him with a bottle because he refused to give them money several times when hounded. Only reason he was caught was because he called the police on them.

I wonder how many employees of this newspaper have had sex with underage girls, how many with full knowledge of their age? They can point fingers but if scrutiny was applied to their own employees I bet all sorts of seedy stuff would be dug up.

People screw up sometimes, it's not even like this sort of thing is uncommon when young girls lie about their age to get into nightclubs and stuff and people assume they are legal age.
Posted by: RoboCod, March 13, 2018, 2:03pm; Reply: 5
Michael Jolley will be around longer than that dying on its ar$e Nazi pensioner pamphlet.
Posted by: Les Brechin, March 13, 2018, 2:09pm; Reply: 6
What about the link at the bottom which describes Jolley as a "Vile Beast"  ??)

In that article is says that "Grimsby refused to comment!"

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/vile-beast-who-sex-15-12176203
Posted by: Abdul19, March 13, 2018, 2:10pm; Reply: 7
The Record out-mailing The Mail with this headline:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/vile-beast-who-sex-15-12176203
Posted by: sam gy, March 13, 2018, 2:13pm; Reply: 8
Absolute excrement rag
Posted by: ginnywings, March 13, 2018, 2:13pm; Reply: 9
The staggering hypocrisy of that paper is unbelievable. On the same page, there are pictures of young girls with their baps hanging out of skimpy dresses.
Posted by: RoboCod, March 13, 2018, 2:16pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Abdul19

They've surely just printed the accusers statement as the true events. It's surely close to getting them into some bother.
Although in the UK it seems the scandalous gossip rules, truthful or not. :-/
Posted by: friskneymariner, March 13, 2018, 2:17pm; Reply: 11
Boycott the Daily Mail and all who advertise in it.
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 13, 2018, 2:19pm; Reply: 12
What a despicable lot papers are,

The reason I do not read them anymore,

We all know Michael was lied to and confessed to the police before he was even charged,

BUT

That does not sell papers does it ?

Well Michael knows no matter how many times this is brought up,

He will always have the support from the best fans in the country.

Us Mariners (groupwave)(groupwave)(groupwave)
Posted by: Ruston AT, March 13, 2018, 2:22pm; Reply: 13
Personally I don't give a jot, MJ has been cleared by the English and jock FA. I just hope MJ can take all the crap that is going to be slung his way at every away fixture.
Posted by: Ruston AT, March 13, 2018, 2:22pm; Reply: 14
Personally I don't give a jot, MJ has been cleared by the English and jock FA. I just hope MJ can take all the crap that is going to be slung his way at every away fixture.
Posted by: mariner91, March 13, 2018, 2:26pm; Reply: 15
Could he sue these papers? They've been very selective with which facts to disclose and which ones not to, leaving out some important details such as the girls being in a nightclub and saying they were 19.
Posted by: FishFan101, March 13, 2018, 2:27pm; Reply: 16
Really lost for words when a paper refer to MJ as a vile beast. Absolutely disgusting especially when he has been cleared and it's not in the slightest bit relevant. Just selling excrement articles.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, March 13, 2018, 2:27pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Ruston AT

I’m sure I heard some PV fans chanting about Jolley - did anyone else hear it?
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, March 13, 2018, 2:27pm; Reply: 18
I think the club are probably right to just offer no comment to any of this shite. It's not an ongoing story so the papers will have to move on to try to make life worse for some other poor person tomorrow.
Posted by: devs, March 13, 2018, 2:32pm; Reply: 19
Doubt for one minute MJ will do anything about this - if he sued (and he probably has good cause) it would mean dragging it all up again in open court and even more media attention

It will be tomorrow's fish and chip wrapping soon as they used to say before we went all snowflakey!

Daily Mail - town I live in on it is depressing; shopper after shopper putting Daily Fail in their baskets

I think if you bought the Mirror you'd get lynched

I work in the industry - 35 years - and one thing the Mail never does is give the same space to an apology to its many false stories - Gary Lineker being the latest example

Odious, racist rag!
Posted by: devs, March 13, 2018, 2:33pm; Reply: 20
What I should have said is that's why rags like the Mail run stories like this - cos they know people don't want the embarrassment of having it all dragged up again
Posted by: ginnywings, March 13, 2018, 2:38pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Think they were referring to Crewe, which is just up the road from them.
Posted by: horsforthmariner, March 13, 2018, 2:41pm; Reply: 22
Shite journalism from a shite paper/ click bait operator
Posted by: Perkins, March 13, 2018, 2:41pm; Reply: 23
The Mail is a nasty rag that I wouldn't even contemplate wiping my ar$e with even if desperate. Digging up stories that are years out of date and printing them as if it's new news is very poor journalism indeed,  and they must be bloody desperate to dig this one up. I hope the club totally ignores their request for a statement and treat it with the contempt it deserves. If not, tell the extremist right wing, racist rag to fu#k off. Rise above it MJ your a much bigger man than the idiot that wrote it.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), March 13, 2018, 2:52pm; Reply: 24
Thought nothing less of the Daily Mail. I suppose most of its readers forget that this comic supported the Nazis during WW2. I can’t wait in a few years time where the younger generations stop absorbing the rubbish they write. (Same goes for the sun). Causes nothing but hatred and division.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, March 13, 2018, 3:11pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Mallyner

I seem to think that scumbag Robert Maxwell had something to do with the Mail too. He stole pensions including my Dads Redifusion pension before his demise. I didn't go overboard on him either.  :)

Daily Mirror not Mail.

Posted by: GrimRob, March 13, 2018, 3:22pm; Reply: 26
Daily Mail days behind as usual. Not fake news but stale news. Time to move on.
Posted by: Abdul19, March 13, 2018, 3:29pm; Reply: 27
Incredible really that the children they employ to scour twitter and instagram are technically journalists.
Posted by: Alfie, March 13, 2018, 3:39pm; Reply: 28
Town fan Tom Farmery works for these bunch of cowboys. Often claims to have the inside scoop at Town.

Good to see he's having an influence there.
Posted by: LH, March 13, 2018, 3:51pm; Reply: 29
Journalism is dead. I am somewhat surprised that the front of the GET hasn’t featured something similar given the depths they are willing to plumb to in order to sell papers/clickbait.
Posted by: Ipswin, March 13, 2018, 4:13pm; Reply: 30
Why are we even bothering to discuss this and therefore give it air time.

For once, amazingly, Fenty and GTFC have done the right thing and have refused to comment, we should do the same.

Nothing to see here, we all know what sort of rag the Mail is, no need to comment further surely
Posted by: Mallyner, March 13, 2018, 4:55pm; Reply: 31

Daily Mirror not Mail.

Thank You I Have deleted it now. I was obviously using the journalists principle of ' don't let the truth stand in the way of a good story.'   :)
Posted by: Civvy at last, March 13, 2018, 5:08pm; Reply: 32
To be honest they are as bad as each other.
They will only print a story that suits their particular agenda.
Corbyn or May could be found to have administered the nerve agent to our Rusky friend and you’d still get different views from each red top.

The press on all sides is as corrupt as politics itself.   Not fit to wrap Ernie Beckets fish and chips IMO !!
Posted by: Grim74, March 13, 2018, 5:08pm; Reply: 33
Lazy journalism from the right wing Mail and the reporter needs holding to account as the paper is now fair game for the stupid article. But it seems the story was sourced from the left wing daily record who disgracefully call him a beast!! But let's not get outraged with with a lefty Labour affiliated paper eh!!
Posted by: RichMariner, March 13, 2018, 6:02pm; Reply: 34
A few years ago the Daily Mail attacked the company I worked for. I was in the PR team and so dealt with them directly.

They weren’t interested in facts; they just wanted a ‘story’.

They used dirty little tactics like approaching us for a comment at 6.30pm when they knew nobody would be in the office, and then using the line ‘XXX refused to comment’, which made us look bad and suited their agenda.

They also paid a photographer to sit outside our office all day just so he could get a long lens pic of the CEO going to his car, and when I asked him what he was doing he said he’d note down the reg plates of all our employees’ cars in a private car park and find our addresses so we should all be ‘on guard’.

They’re a filthy little publication with zero morals. They broke into private property to get a pic of someone’s office and Harassed an employee while she tried to get into her car.

Sadly they seem to do whatever they please and use every trick in the book to paint nasty pictures of people that generate division and hatred.

I don’t buy newspapers at all any more. I once aspired to be a journalist and I’m glad my career went a different way. There are good journalists out there but Daily Mail types give them all a bad name.

My advice to GTFC is to say you’re aware of the facts and direct them to MJ’s statement online. No more needs to be said.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, March 13, 2018, 6:04pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from LH
Journalism is dead. I am somewhat surprised that the front of the GET hasn’t featured something similar given the depths they are willing to plumb to in order to sell papers/clickbait.

All you need to be a "journalist" today is a smartphone and a piece of paper that says you have done GCSE Media Studies. Not only will it get you all the absolutely true facts from Twitter, social media and Google. It will even let you cut and paste them and do a spell check. The GT is now full of such people, it is the policy of the owners, the Mirror Group, and the reason why they don't need Telegraph House anymore. Since Michelle Hurst left there is hardly a proper time served newspaper person on the staff.

Posted by: Cloudy, March 13, 2018, 6:14pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from Alfie
Town fan Tom Farmery works for these bunch of cowboys. Often claims to have the inside scoop at Town.

Good to see he's having an influence there.

This was the guy who was tweeting last week the Town players wages!

Needless to say the figures he was mentioning were complete poppycock

Having met him a few times I am in no rush to do so again
Posted by: LH, March 13, 2018, 6:35pm; Reply: 37

All you need to be a "journalist" today is a smartphone and a piece of paper that says you have done GCSE Media Studies. Not only will it get you all the absolutely true facts from Twitter, social media and Google. It will even let you cut and paste them and do a spell check. The GT is now full of such people, it is the policy of the owners, the Mirror Group, and the reason why they don't need Telegraph House anymore. Since Michelle Hurst left there is hardly a proper time served newspaper person on the staff.

The thing about the GCSE media studies is an interesting one - I’ll bear it in mind if I ever need a career change!

‘High’lights of the last few months in the Telegraph include:

-The few weeks where they were whinging about homeless people being a stain on the town culminating in two divvies kicking a homeless man to death at tea time in Town. Obviously then reporting how sad it was.

-One of the reporters being late for work because of the A180 roadworks (anybody who hasn’t been affected by this either doesn’t drive or lives out of town) so they went along the road taking pictures of the workmen standing around on their phones - the day before the work properly started.

-Freshney Place gossip: A giant poundland opening in the old BHS, primark becoming FPs “flagship store” and much much more.

At least a few of these people will have paid a fortune to go to uni to study journalism and have ended up reporting on this dross. I don’t know whether to feel sorry for them or laugh at them.
Posted by: barrattstandman, March 13, 2018, 6:57pm; Reply: 38
It is the on line editions of these newspapers that distort the truth. The actual paper editions rarely publish some of these stories as is the case with MJ. Stay away from on line editions .
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, March 13, 2018, 7:13pm; Reply: 39
Well that has stirred things up.  :) I made the original post with no comment at all for a reason. To give people the chance to comment on the articles without any colouring opinion from me as the poster.

For what it is worth, I agree with all the comments about gutter press ....... but the facts are out there in the public domain. They are not allegations, they are facts to which Jolley admitted and was sentenced. Had the case been in England it would definitely have been more noticed as other similar ones have been.

Obviously there is the question of his openness or otherwise about his conviction. Certainly we did not know about it did we? Did the club? What would Fishy posters have said if this had been published during the selection and interview time? Has it had an influence on his career decisions?

A second thing is about the timing. This was bound to come out sooner rather than later in one rag or another so it is surely better that it happened now than in the last week/fortnight of the season.

Incidentally, what would we have said if it was at another club? We had plenty to say about our friend from Boston, Rotherham, Leeds .... and his dodgy dealings, and we have had threads about players from other clubs caught in compromising situations.

It might be in the past, it might not matter to us, we might think this is completely irrelevant to his job at GTFC but whatever our opinions we cannot just stick our heads in the sand and pretend it never happened at all.

Posted by: grimsby pete, March 13, 2018, 7:20pm; Reply: 40
Some one posted on here about the conviction before he was appointed RRFC
Posted by: Cloudy, March 13, 2018, 7:21pm; Reply: 41
Well that has stirred things up.  :) I made the original post with no comment at all for a reason. To give people the chance to comment on the articles without any colouring opinion from me as the poster.

For what it is worth, I agree with all the comments about gutter press ....... but the facts are out there in the public domain. They are not allegations, they are facts to which Jolley admitted and was sentenced. Had the case been in England it would definitely have been more noticed as other similar ones have been.

Obviously there is the question of his openness or otherwise about his conviction. Certainly we did not know about it did we? Did the club? What would Fishy posters have said if this had been published during the selection and interview time? Has it had an influence on his career decisions?

A second thing is about the timing. This was bound to come out sooner rather than later in one rag or another so it is surely better that it happened now than in the last week/fortnight of the season.

Incidentally, what would we have said if it was at another club? We had plenty to say about our friend from Boston, Rotherham, Leeds .... and his dodgy dealings, and we have had threads about players from other clubs caught in compromising situations.

It might be in the past, it might not matter to us, we might think this is completely irrelevant to his job at GTFC but whatever our opinions we cannot just stick our heads in the sand and pretend it never happened at all.

You post as if this is the first time any of us had read anything about the case?

This has been 'discussed' in depth across numberous social media outlets around the time of his appointment ( some before the appointment was made public). I, and many others had discussed the case some time before your link to the Daily Mail that's for sure

I for one am 100% certain the club were fully aware of this historic case at the time of appointment and probably at the initial interview .

Move on, nothing to see here
Posted by: Abdul19, March 13, 2018, 7:28pm; Reply: 42

Obviously there is the question of his openness or otherwise about his conviction.

https://michaeljolleycoach.wordpress.com/
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, March 13, 2018, 7:31pm; Reply: 43
Where have you been RRFC? The case was discussed at length on here well before he was appointed!
Posted by: RoboCod, March 13, 2018, 7:32pm; Reply: 44

For what it is worth, I agree with all the comments about gutter press ....... but the facts are out there in the public domain. They are not allegations, they are facts to which Jolley admitted and was sentenced.

Except it isn't factual. The girl being found distressed was an allegation and as far as it reads, an unfounded one. The 'Vile Beast' is a gutter-worthy allegation, again not factual. And no mention of the violent attack on the accused, by the paper or yourself.
I don't know where you're going with this post, either the original or the follow but it smacks of $hit stirring imo.

Poor stuff, would be great to concentrate on the football if possible.
Posted by: EY Mariner, March 13, 2018, 8:03pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from mariner91
Could he sue these papers? They've been very selective with which facts to disclose and which ones not to, leaving out some important details such as the girls being in a nightclub and saying they were 19.

From a professional point of view, that's a difficult question to answer and I don't think there would be any guarantee of success in the courts. If I were advising Jolley, I would suggest making a complaint to IPSO, the newspaper regulator, rather than going down the legal route. I think that, regardless of any public interest defence the publications concerned may try to deploy, there is a clear case for a breach of Clause 1 of the Editors' Code of Practice relating to misrepresentation. Given the volume of, frankly, time-wasting complaints that I have seen referred to IPSO, this is a matter that should go to them.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, March 13, 2018, 8:41pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
Where have you been RRFC? The case was discussed at length on here well before he was appointed!

Well one place I have not been is on twitter or social media because I’m not signed up, and regrettably I must have missed the discussion at length you refer to. My apologies for that, today is the first I have seen of it. A link would have helped.

Posted by: Mrs Doyle, March 13, 2018, 8:48pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from cmackenzie4

No, but I heard J.J, Hooper getting plenty of shitt whilst warming up they really laid into him but to be fair J.J. stayed down that end and kept smiling at them lol.

Posted by: psgmariner, March 13, 2018, 8:51pm; Reply: 48
"excrement for Grimsby and excrement for Vale..."

Aimed at Hooper and Kelly. Very hard to argue with.
Posted by: gytone, March 13, 2018, 9:32pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from ginnywings
The staggering hypocrisy of that paper is unbelievable. On the same page, there are pictures of young girls with their baps hanging out of skimpy dresses.

Really, what page are they on ;-)
Posted by: Hagrid, March 13, 2018, 9:51pm; Reply: 50
What a load of balderdash. He’s done nothing wrong, the mail is a pile of excrement, move on end of subject
Posted by: davmariner, March 13, 2018, 11:43pm; Reply: 51
intercourse the Daily Mail and Tom Farmery or whatever the intercourse his name is. Calls himself a town fan does he? All he and his paper do/publish are things that belittle and hurt our club.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, March 14, 2018, 8:15am; Reply: 52
Quoted from davmariner
intercourse the Daily Mail and Tom Farmery or whatever the intercourse his name is. Calls himself a town fan does he? All he and his paper do/publish are things that belittle and hurt our club.

I think the daily mail and the mail online are completely seperate even though they share some of a name.  To be fair to him, I doubt this is his story.  
Posted by: headingly_mariner, March 14, 2018, 8:33am; Reply: 53
I think this is something that is going to be brought up regularly and mentioned when we are in the news. I'm sure fans of other teams will also be keen to remind us of his past.

I'm not sure a lot on here would be so sympathetic if he was the boss of another local side. That said, the fact he's been cleared to work with young people again and that it was him who contacted police speaks volumes.
Posted by: tanga_the_indestructible, March 14, 2018, 11:48am; Reply: 54
Quoted from davmariner

It wasn't by Tom Farmery. If you look at the byline, that writer mainly works on 'news' (whatever the Mail considers news, at any rate). I'm sure plenty of people here work for large companies, with whom they don't necessarily agree. We all have to make a living.

Posted by: jonnyboy82, March 14, 2018, 12:33pm; Reply: 55
He was investigated then cleared , whats the problem ?

Stupid desperate media looking for a story what isnt there , as for this journalist town fan who keeps chirping negative stories ....well do one.
Posted by: davmariner, March 14, 2018, 12:50pm; Reply: 56

It wasn't by Tom Farmery. If you look at the byline, that writer mainly works on 'news' (whatever the Mail considers news, at any rate). I'm sure plenty of people here work for large companies, with whom they don't necessarily agree. We all have to make a living.

Who do you think will have drawn attention to the story? Farmery also publicized the supposed salaries of  a number of our players. It damages our negotiating hand in future contract negotiations with other players and risks causing unrest in the dressing room. He's no Town fan if he'd rather risk this for a cheap headline/story.  
Posted by: Ipswin, March 14, 2018, 1:27pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from jonnyboy82
He was investigated then cleared , whats the problem ?

But he was not cleared, thats the problem. He pleaded guilty (and therefore has a record) and was given a years probation and put on the sex offenders register

However it is clear that the circumstances of the offence were such that the Scottish court, recognising how the girl lied about her age and the fact that Jolley called the police himself (believing he had done nothing wrong) imposed a much lesser sentence than would normally be expected for underage sex and how he was cleared to work with young people again after only a year

He was guilty but more of an error of judgement than anything else

Posted by: ginnywings, March 14, 2018, 1:55pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from Ipswin

But he was not cleared, thats the problem. He pleaded guilty (and therefore has a record) and was given a years probation and put on the sex offenders register

However it is clear that the circumstances of the offence were such that the Scottish court, recognising how the girl lied about her age and the fact that Jolley called the police himself (believing he had done nothing wrong) imposed a much lesser sentence than would normally be expected for underage sex and how he was cleared to work with young people again after only a year

He was guilty but more of an error of judgement than anything else

But it's not a problem. He did wrong, he got punished, he served his punishment and that should be an end to it. That's how the law works.
Posted by: cannylad68, March 14, 2018, 2:19pm; Reply: 59
As I don't at the moment buy a newspaper, could the Fishy tell me which one/s to purchase.
Posted by: Ipswin, March 14, 2018, 2:33pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from ginnywings

But it's not a problem. He did wrong, he got punished, he served his punishment and that should be an end to it. That's how the law works.

I was responding to Johnnyboy who said 'He was investigated then cleared , whats the problem ?' and I pointed out that he was not cleared he was convicted and that IS a problem in that it won't go away and newspapers and fans of other clubs will delight in referring to it - thats the problem

Personally I don't give a excrement - he was very stupid end of
Posted by: ginnywings, March 14, 2018, 3:34pm; Reply: 61
Fair enough. Point taken.

I don't give a sh1t either.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, March 14, 2018, 3:47pm; Reply: 62
That’s why I only read the times.
Posted by: Ipswin, March 14, 2018, 3:48pm; Reply: 63
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
That’s why I only read the times.

The TV Times?  ;)

Posted by: promotion plaice, March 14, 2018, 3:57pm; Reply: 64

I only read the Grimsby Telegraph    😴
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 14, 2018, 6:51pm; Reply: 65
Quoted from cannylad68
As I don't at the moment buy a newspaper, could the Fishy tell me which one/s to purchase.

None of them mate they are all rubbish,

The only ones I ever look at is for the football,

AND

They can even get that right, the other week they said Nathen Clarke of Grimsby is the only L2 player to have played every minute of every match this season,

I am sure he got sent off in one and missed another,

Posted by: Posh Harry, March 14, 2018, 6:59pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from cannylad68

If we don’t buck our ideas up then next season The Non League Football Paper will be the one of choice 😭
Posted by: moosey_club, March 14, 2018, 7:16pm; Reply: 67
Quoted from grimsby pete

AND

They can even get that right, the other week they said Nathen Clarke of Grimsby is the only L2 player to have played every minute of every match this season,

I am sure he got sent off in one and missed another,

he did but that didnt stop him getting the blame for losing any of the games he missed on here,  so the national press just assumed he had been playing  :P
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, March 14, 2018, 7:34pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from Ipswin

I was responding to Johnnyboy who said 'He was investigated then cleared , whats the problem ?' and I pointed out that he was not cleared he was convicted and that IS a problem in that it won't go away and newspapers and fans of other clubs will delight in referring to it - thats the problem

Personally I don't give a excrement - he was very stupid end of

But why was he 'very stupid' Ipswin? That's the bit I did understand. He had sex with a female, who he'd met in an adult nightclub, who told him she was 19, this was corroborated by her group of friends.

Given the circumstances of their meeting, surely he could reasonably expect her to be of legal age? What exactly has he done wrong?
Posted by: Vance Warner, March 14, 2018, 7:49pm; Reply: 69
Disgusting that the government cancelled Levison 2 recently. Nothing to do with freedom of speech and everything to do with keeping wealthy newspaper owners happy.
Posted by: psgmariner, March 15, 2018, 9:17am; Reply: 70

Given the circumstances of their meeting, surely he could reasonably expect her to be of legal age? What exactly has he done wrong?

poked a 15 year old.

If he keeps us up I don't care if he is a sex offender though.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, March 15, 2018, 9:30am; Reply: 71
But my point is, she'd told him she was 19 and this was corroborated by more than one person. If it was that alone I could see where he could be held accountable, but coupled with the fact she was in an adult-only nightclub where he could reasonably have expected her to have been id'd on entry, I don't see what he could have done other than ask to see her passport - and let's be honest, if we who does that?
Posted by: Maringer, March 15, 2018, 10:02am; Reply: 72
Yeah, it's not as if he's in the Adam Johnson bracket, is it?
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, March 15, 2018, 12:37pm; Reply: 73
Quoted from Ipswin

The TV Times?  ;)

Radio, bit old fashioned still.
Posted by: Garth, March 15, 2018, 1:02pm; Reply: 74
But my point is, she'd told him she was 19 and this was corroborated by more than one person. If it was that alone I could see where he could be held accountable, but coupled with the fact she was in an adult-only nightclub where he could reasonably have expected her to have been id'd on entry, I don't see what he could have done other than ask to see her passport - and let's be honest, if we who does that?

Wasting your time I`m afraid, some people are immune to reasonable alternative views.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, March 15, 2018, 1:28pm; Reply: 75
Quoted from Garth

Wasting your time I`m afraid, some people are immune to reasonable alternative views.

So it seems Garth! 😂
Posted by: Les Brechin, March 15, 2018, 2:05pm; Reply: 76
Just had a little peek on the Lincoln forum and I'm afraid this is the type of ignorant post that we're going to see from opposition fans I suppose.

Quoted Text
Well i have just read there new manager is a convicted child molester! So songs could centre on that!
Posted by: RoboCod, March 15, 2018, 2:23pm; Reply: 77
Quoted from Les Brechin
Just had a little peek on the Lincoln forum and I'm afraid this is the type of ignorant post that we're going to see from opposition fans I suppose.

It's such a retarded forum, it's funny. One poster suggests as a chant the amusing  'What’s it like to see a crowd'. He has made 480 posts.
The next guy agrees. He has 572 posts to his name.

Two 'fans' so fanatical about their club that they've joined the forum in the last few months, about the same time they started going to the games regularly ::)
Posted by: Mikey_345, March 15, 2018, 3:10pm; Reply: 78
Quoted from Les Brechin

Must admit I had a look myself earlier. In fairness Les most posters afterwards where pretty fair with comments about it and advising against songs like that.

He worked for Lincoln afterwards so doesn’t really make them look good either if they want to make a point out of it. Saying that, it was obviously well before a lot of them knew where the ground was, let alone who players/staff where!
Print page generated: April 23, 2024, 11:42pm