Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 12, 2018, 11:14pm

http://www.lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=53760&posts=24

http://www.lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=53731&posts=13
Posted by: ginnywings, March 12, 2018, 11:38pm; Reply: 1
Good luck to them. They are up and we are down at the moment. It will change, it always does.
Posted by: MarinerBen, March 13, 2018, 1:17am; Reply: 2
Given their recent rise in ticket sales;

"Watch when you're winning, you only watch when you're winning.
Watch when you're win-ning"

Funny 'cause it's true!
Posted by: grimps, March 13, 2018, 4:38am; Reply: 3
It’s not how much support when you’re winning that counts it’s how well supported you are when you’re shite .
We’ll sell out their away end again on Saturday , they’ve managed to do it at Blundell Park once in the 30 odd years I’ve been going
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, March 13, 2018, 5:51am; Reply: 4
And to do so on a 16 game winless streak makes it even more remarkable
Posted by: MarinerBen, March 13, 2018, 7:05am; Reply: 5
...which is exactly my point. Still it will be nice to cause an upset in front of a large Lincoln home crowd.

Given the run we're on though I'd happily settle for a 0-1 loss this weekend. Here's to hoping MJ can Work some magic!
Posted by: Cloudy, March 13, 2018, 7:19am; Reply: 6
Town fans have ridiculed the Imps for years ( rightly so) but as far as I am concerned this no more important as any of he other remaining games. We want 3 points, we would be pleased with a point, if we lose then we need to put in a battling performance which will give us a bit more belief.

Don't understand why someone would trawl opposition web sites and copy them on here. Each to their own

UTM
Posted by: 120790 (Guest), March 13, 2018, 10:44am; Reply: 7
The rivalry of Lincoln & Grimsby supporters has never been so meaningless than it is in Saturday's fixture.

The only importance on Saturday is points for us. The only importance for them should be 3 points for them.

We would love a solitary and classic local derby point, which would be another step towards safety. 3 points would be magic.

They need 3 points, nothing less, since they are already getting the jitters with their shaky attempt to finish in the play off's. They are looking every bit like a club that this season will miss out and finish 8th - 10th in the league.

It's a must win game for them, and draw would be decent for us. But rivalry of fans comes second place to anything on Saturday. The entire focus will be on the result outcome.

I am very confident that when the first ball of the season is kicked at 3pm on a Saturday in August, that both Lincoln and Grimsby will be level, on zero points in EFL 2.
Posted by: moosey_club, March 13, 2018, 11:31am; Reply: 8
All pretty sensible stuff in fairness to them, banter songs on the first thread and some half decent questions on the second one.

The only contentious one as far as i could see was the " sensible GY supporters would admit Lincoln have always had the potential to be the bigger club" ..... that single comment aside nothing on there that isn't mirrored on here really.  Just supporters being supporters.

Perversely i am hoping they do name check JF in their songs, having the opposition fans recognising his contribution is some going , so the more the merrier for me.
Posted by: Bigdog, March 13, 2018, 12:19pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from 120790
The rivalry of Lincoln & Grimsby supporters has never been so meaningless than it is in Saturday's fixture.

The only importance on Saturday is points for us. The only importance for them should be 3 points for them.

We would love a solitary and classic local derby point, which would be another step towards safety. 3 points would be magic.

They need 3 points, nothing less, since they are already getting the jitters with their shaky attempt to finish in the play off's. They are looking every bit like a club that this season will miss out and finish 8th - 10th in the league.

It's a must win game for them, and draw would be decent for us. But rivalry of fans comes second place to anything on Saturday. The entire focus will be on the result outcome.

I am very confident that when the first ball of the season is kicked at 3pm on a Saturday in August, that both Lincoln and Grimsby will be level, on zero points in EFL 2.

I hope so Ascend. I'm also hoping that the board are currently working tirelessly on ways to ensure that they've left no stone unturned in trying to bridge the gap between GTFC and LCFC so we can compete on a more level playing field next season rather that relying purely on a new manager bounce..
Posted by: moosey_club, March 13, 2018, 12:33pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Bigdog

I hope so Ascend. I'm also hoping that the board are currently working tirelessly on ways to ensure that, by the beginning of next season, they've left no stone unturned in trying to bridge the gap between GTFC and LCFC so we can compete on a more even footing next season rather that relying purely on a new manager bounce..

Wont happen.....and pound to penny i can name a couple of reasons the club may use ;

Its the fans fault...LCFC fans backed the Checkatrade, they got to the final, earned 750k in the process,  because of the bullyboy tactics led by the Fishy 5 our fans were too scared to go, we made 50p as a result.

LCFC enjoyed football fortune in the previous season by having the audacity to win some FA Cup games, this brought them untold riches & additional support which LCFC then had the cheek to capture for the following season by underhandedly devaluing the product and discounting ST prices instead of raising them.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 13, 2018, 8:37pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from moosey_club

Wont happen.....and pound to penny i can name a couple of reasons the club may use ;

Its the fans fault...LCFC fans backed the Checkatrade, they got to the final, earned 750k in the process,  because of the bullyboy tactics led by the Fishy 5 our fans were too scared to go, we made 50p as a result.

LCFC enjoyed football fortune in the previous season by having the audacity to win some FA Cup games, this brought them untold riches & additional support which LCFC then had the cheek to capture for the following season by underhandedly devaluing the product and discounting ST prices instead of raising them .

Exactly. And what the fornicators won’t point out is that only two teams will get to the final so not much chance of us getting there, or any of the other 60(query exact number) clubs. And whether 10 or 10,000 paying customers went to the games, we stood zero chance with a excrement manager in charge who failed to win a single game in the tournament.
Posted by: moosey_club, March 13, 2018, 9:27pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Exactly. And what the fornicators won’t point out is that only two teams will get to the final so not much chance of us getting there, or any of the other 60(query exact number) clubs. And whether 10 or 10,000 paying customers went to the games, we stood zero chance with a excrement manager in charge who failed to win a single game in the tournament.

Just for clarity are you referring to Hurst, Bignot or Slade  ;D
Posted by: Marinerz93, March 13, 2018, 10:26pm; Reply: 13
"sensible GY supporters would admit Lincoln have always had the potential to be the bigger club"

[img]https://i.imgur.com/E7qbRJ0.gif[/img]

What flavour are those windows, only sensible fans can see that investment has brought you success and now you are reaping the rewards for it, your gates for over 100 years have been below ours, one season you get more than us and you are all blowing a load on how big you are.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/cmO8YVe.gif[/img]
Posted by: Cloudy, March 14, 2018, 7:25am; Reply: 14
All this 'never expected us to go up this season' is bullshit

Imps fans expected to walk the league, they were creaming themselves over their rise up the divisions claiming the only stop would be in the Championship. They invested big and look like coming up short
Posted by: nealeardleyscrossing, March 14, 2018, 8:40am; Reply: 15
Quoted from Cloudy
All this 'never expected us to go up this season' is bullshit

Imps fans expected to walk the league, they were creaming themselves over their rise up the divisions claiming the only stop would be in the Championship. They invested big and look like coming up short

Invested big in the divisions smallest squad  :-/
We've spent cash, but the biggest investment is on the infrastructure, the 1 million on the training ground, lots of extra staff, New on-line ticketing systems, We are planning for the future, Maybe if your club did...

I think you will find that most of the sensible fans were happy with consolidating, I genuinely believe that we would have got bashed about had/if we go up this season.
Posted by: moosey_club, March 14, 2018, 9:27am; Reply: 16

We've spent cash, but the biggest investment is on the infrastructure, the 1 million on the training ground, lots of extra staff, New on-line ticketing systems, We are planning for the future, Maybe if your club did...

I think you will find that most of the sensible fans were happy with consolidating, I genuinely believe that we would have got bashed about had/if we go up this season.

Tut tut...just as i was starting to like you ....you spout ill informed opinion regards our  club...now as you are relatively new on here i will cut you some slack but allow me to educate you and show you how, in fact, (and we only deal in FACTS on here) GTFC are actually global leaders in future football planning ;

While football clubs are now frequently moving outside of their traditional home town and boroughs we set the trend in 1899 when we moved to Cleethorpes.
Ivano Bonetti , the first Italian to play in the football league ...at ? ...yes GTFC.
Foreign coaches now abound the leagues... of course it was GTFC who started this trend when looking to appoint Hungarian Elemer Berkessy back in the 1950's.
We were among the first clubs to announce plans for a new modern stadia back in the early 90's...way ahead of most. Not content with that, the club had the foresight to see that that particular stadium would be a white elephant within 20 yrs so cancelled the plans for it anyway (after a long succesful appeal process to get permission to build it) and later announced plans for another just as likely stadia some 20 yrs later.
The marketing department are so far ahead they issued leisure wear items emblazened with the new stadium name on years before even solid plans were on the table.
We havn't spent a penny on Blundell Park in years because we know that one day, in the future, it will just eventually fall down.
We have appointed a manager with no previous football league managerial experience, therefore assuring we now have a manager whose success must be in the future.

GTFC World Leaders  :o
Posted by: nealeardleyscrossing, March 14, 2018, 9:47am; Reply: 17
Quoted from moosey_club

Tut tut...just as i was starting to like you ....you spout ill informed opinion regards our  club...now as you are relatively new on here i will cut you some slack but allow me to educate you and show you how, in fact, (and we only deal in FACTS on here) GTFC are actually global leaders in future football planning ;

While football clubs are now frequently moving outside of their traditional home town and boroughs we set the trend in 1899 when we moved to Cleethorpes.
Ivano Bonetti , the first Italian to play in the football league ...at ? ...yes GTFC.
Foreign coaches now abound the leagues... of course it was GTFC who started this trend when looking to appoint Hungarian Elemer Berkessy back in the 1950's.
We were among the first clubs to announce plans for a new modern stadia back in the early 90's...way ahead of most. Not content with that, the club had the foresight to see that that particular stadium would be a white elephant within 20 yrs so cancelled the plans for it anyway (after a long succesful appeal process to get permission to build it) and later announced plans for another just as likely stadia some 20 yrs later.
The marketing department are so far ahead they issued leisure wear items for our new stadium years before even solid plans were on the table.
We havn't spent a penny on Blundell Park in years because we know that one day, it will just eventually fall down.
We have appointed a manager with no previous football league managerial experience, therefore assuring we now have a manager whose success must be in the future.

GTFC World Leaders  :o

;)

Posted by: Mariner_09, March 14, 2018, 9:54am; Reply: 18

You've had some "football fortune" that has enabled you to do that though...
Seriously, even if we did have some of our own we wouldn't
Posted by: nealeardleyscrossing, March 14, 2018, 10:13am; Reply: 19
Quoted from Mariner_09

You've had some "football fortune" that has enabled you to do that though...
Seriously, even if we did have some of our own we wouldn't

I totally agree - What I meant was that we had a 4 million turnover compared to a fraction of that the year before, and we could have spent it on the team, but I think spending it on the infrastructure, New state of the art training ground, bodes well for the future - Makes us a more attractive proposition for investment and for new players. Cowley states that we are playing catch up with Luton, Coventry and the likes but that we are catching them.

You must have spent some cash, You've a fairly big squad haven't you?.

Posted by: Mariner_09, March 14, 2018, 10:17am; Reply: 20

I totally agree - What I meant was that we had a 4 million turnover compared to a fraction of that the year before, and we could have spent it on the team, but I think spending it on the infrastructure, New state of the art training ground, bodes well for the future - Makes us a more attractive proposition for investment and for new players. Cowley states that we are playing catch up with Luton, Coventry and the likes but that we are catching them.

You must have spent some cash, You've a fairly big squad haven't you?.

We sold Bogle for £1m last season but have completed wasted it on two squads of 30 players, most of them absolute garbage in all honesty. I'd much rather have done what you did and have a squad of 20-21 players of high quality and begun improving the training facilities etc.
Posted by: ginnywings, March 14, 2018, 10:22am; Reply: 21
We favour quantity over quality. Why have 22 good players, when you can have 32 mediocre ones seems to be our mantra. You can plan all you like, but if the manager doesn't deliver......

Our other skill is picking duff ones time and time again. The last one shipped out all of our better players, no doubt aided and abetted by the board of directors. It's as though they want to go back to non league.  :-/
Posted by: Maringer, March 14, 2018, 10:57am; Reply: 22
I wonder how much of the Bogle money went to pay the fees and wages for Osborne, Jones, Clements and Gunning? A substantial chunk, I'd imagine. We'll have made a bit back from the transfer of Jones, no doubt, but basically a lot of money drunk away with little to show for it but a plummet towards the bottom of the table.
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 14, 2018, 11:26am; Reply: 23

I wonder how many of the new Lincoln fans will turn up for the game at 3 pm.  😂
Posted by: Meza, March 14, 2018, 12:57pm; Reply: 24
Your boardis full of greedy businessmen.  I was told that you made 5 mill but only declared 3 mill from someone who use to be at your club.  He also told me a few other stories that had me chuckling.  
Posted by: nealeardleyscrossing, March 14, 2018, 1:03pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Meza
Your boardis full of greedy businessmen.  I was told that you made 5 mill but only declared 3 mill from someone who use to be at your club.  He also told me a few other stories that had me chuckling.  

That's a pretty damning and libellous post there - Accusing LCFC's board of tax evasion - Our accounts were released recently, 4 million was definitely mentioned, though it says that revenue was up by 3 million so I imagine we had revenue last year - Greedy businessman - That have invested all the money to the club - Just for you though - here is the accounts link https://www.redimps.co.uk/news/2018/february/180213-accounts/

lets hope they don't read those comments though as accusing someone of fiddling the books...
Posted by: MarinerDevil, March 14, 2018, 1:20pm; Reply: 26

We've spent cash on... New on-line ticketing systems

Don't you use Eventbrite for your home fixtures?  

Posted by: nealeardleyscrossing, March 14, 2018, 1:55pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from MarinerDevil

Don't you use Eventbrite for your home fixtures?  

Yep. We still pay for that. Saves queuing!
Posted by: ska face, March 14, 2018, 5:26pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Meza

A board full of greedy businessman, God forbid...

At least their greedy business are competent, unlike the hopeless bunch of chancers in our boardroom.
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, March 14, 2018, 6:32pm; Reply: 29

totter off now and look forward to your 2nd year of supporting the Gimps
Posted by: Tangerine Chris, March 14, 2018, 6:50pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from promotion plaice

I wonder how many of the new Lincoln fans will turn up for the game at 3 pm.  😂

Not many as kick off is 1pm
Posted by: Cloudy, March 14, 2018, 6:53pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Tangerine Chris

Not many as kick off is 1pm

Whoooooooooosssshhh
Posted by: Helgy, March 14, 2018, 7:11pm; Reply: 32
Comments on squad size better to have quality over quantity clubs with 30 odd pro's on the books make for plenty of unhappy players.
We have an excellent sports science dept ,great set of lads who are excellent at what they do & the methods they use are one of the reasons we were promoted last season.
Posted by: Cloudy, March 14, 2018, 7:17pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Helgy
Comments on squad size better to have quality over quantity clubs with 30 odd pro's on the books make for plenty of unhappy players.
We have an excellent sports science dept ,great set of lads who are excellent at what they do & the methods they use are one of the reasons we were promoted last season.

Hi Helgy,
I think most would agree about quality over quantity but your fellow Imp says you have the smallest squad in the league. Is that correct? Thought you had used 27/28 players this season which doesn't seem tiny although guess we have used more??
Posted by: Helgy, March 14, 2018, 7:24pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Cloudy

Hi Helgy,
I think most would agree about quality over quantity but your fellow Imp says you have the smallest squad in the league. Is that correct? Thought you had used 27/28 players this season which doesn't seem tiny although guess we have used more??

Yes it is the smallest squad ,we had a few loan players return to their clubs Ginnelly JMD,Dickie ,Knott and sold Howe & Raggetts.

Posted by: moosey_club, March 14, 2018, 8:47pm; Reply: 35
What is the "sell out" figure for Sincil now Helgy ? Capacity is just over 10k isnt it but i suppose actual available seats are a couple of hundred lower than that ?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 15, 2018, 1:02am; Reply: 36
Quoted from moosey_club

Just for clarity are you referring to Hurst, Bignot or Slade  ;D

Well I guess Hurst has ruled himself out of that as it looks like we were holding him back after all, and only had a bit part last season. Bignot arrived a bit late in the proceedings in my opinion. That just leaves Slade with a full complement of group stage games.

So step forward Russell Slade. You single-handedly spoiled your mates plans with respect to the Tournament and ruined the chance to prove the fans were wrong.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 15, 2018, 1:02am; Reply: 37

I don't think many sensible posters on here would disagree with that.
Posted by: Helgy, March 15, 2018, 2:13pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from moosey_club
What is the "sell out" figure for Sincil now Helgy ? Capacity is just over 10k isnt it but i suppose actual available seats are a couple of hundred lower than that ?

We lost a couple hundred in the Co-Op for the TV gantry EFL rules ,then there is segregation in the Stacy West perhaps 9,700 think our highest 9,603 against County they had same allocation against us as you are getting.
Posted by: Gaffer58, March 15, 2018, 2:25pm; Reply: 39
Will have to amend my prediction now!!
Posted by: moosey_club, March 15, 2018, 3:18pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from Gaffer58
Will have to amend my prediction now!!

Drat and double drat..,,,i knew i should have PM'd him
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 15, 2018, 7:01pm; Reply: 41

I don't think many sensible posters on here would disagree with that.

Going by the number of crosses there are at least two posters who are not sensible, know it and don't like what I said.  ;D
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, March 16, 2018, 11:13am; Reply: 42
City fans say that their club is planning and investing for the future.  Moosey_club outlined that Town are world leaders in planning.

We have been at the top of the world planning league for a very long time. The Main Stand was built in 1901 and designed to last at least 120 years.  None of this new ground every 20 years rubbish like Scunny.

The Barratt Stand also lasted a very long time.  To save the Club on demolition costs, we also had the foresight to built it without any foundations!  Only the many Town fans packed in stopped it blowing into the Humber on a very windy day.

We invented and invested in good long-term planning at least a 100 years before Lincoln thought of doing it.    
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 16, 2018, 9:01pm; Reply: 43

Going by the number of crosses there are at least two posters who are not sensible, know it and don't like what I said.  ;D

Sorry, seven of em!
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 16, 2018, 10:35pm; Reply: 44

http://www.lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=53811&posts=1
Print page generated: March 19, 2024, 9:49am