Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Meza, March 10, 2018, 7:18pm
[url]https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p060qwd8/player?chromeless[/url]
Posted by: forza ivano, March 10, 2018, 8:00pm; Reply: 1
safe to say I don't think he's terribly impressed with the quality he's been left with. Interesting to hear his emphasis on psychology and his pro active approach to changing things. suspect he was a bit disappointed that they couldn't adapt to 5-3-2 and HD had to go back to the normal 4-4-2. If they can't adapt them it limits his ability to change things.suspect we might see quite a different side v Lincoln. Was baffled by his cryptic comments on McAllister. there is deffo something not quite right there
Posted by: lukeo, March 10, 2018, 8:16pm; Reply: 2
It's a shame but signs are their to see he can be a good appointment for us long term. Just hope we manage to stay up and atleast then he will have half a chance next season to bring in SOME of his own players. For me it's the season after once he can have a full squad of what and who he wants in
Posted by: Meza, March 10, 2018, 8:16pm; Reply: 3
Yeah i thought SM comments was interesting.   He hasnt got a clause of a new deal based on appearances.  Just cant understand why hes not involved more.

I also think there will be changes he does after all need to see other players furing a match.  Vernam doesnt sound goid maybe we wont see him back.
Posted by: moosey_club, March 10, 2018, 8:18pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from forza ivano
safe to say I don't think he's terribly impressed with the quality he's been left with. Interesting to hear his emphasis on psychology and his pro active approach to changing things. suspect he was a bit disappointed that they couldn't adapt to 5-3-2 and HD had to go back to the normal 4-4-2. If they can't adapt them it limits his ability to change things.suspect we might see quite a different side v Lincoln. Was baffled by his cryptic comments on McAllister. there is deffo something not quite right there

its the same every season and its the same at just about every club.....players just dropping off the radar and not getting a look in with very little information from clubs , yet the players always saying they are fit and available and dont understand why they arent getting a look in....
drink/drug problems, domestics, serious illness, undiagnosed injuries, not settling, one game away from contract extension and even the old no of appearances for a big bonus being reached so cant afford to play him (although seriously doubt the last two could apply in this case  ;D)
Posted by: Mariner93er, March 10, 2018, 8:22pm; Reply: 5
A good interview I thought. He clearly wasn't happy with how we played quality wise but was happy with the effort levels. Of course, he can't come out and say we played poor, he has to use the late goal to try and revive the confifence. Also indicated that he had a greater idea of who was capable of what role, suggesting well see a different team at Lincoln next week.
Posted by: oldun, March 10, 2018, 10:13pm; Reply: 6
Given he had only been here a few days and the pressure for points I think he did well today. He has quickly realised changes needed to be made. Within his limited options he tried a different formation and included a couple of new faces. He constantly adjusted the position of certain players during play and tried hard to get them to pass the ball wide/forward much quicker. He showed his frustration at times when they failed to do that.Also tried to get the crowd going. He did not allow the game to drift away and made early changes to the formation and used all the subs. He was very proactive in trying to get something from the game. He talked about trying get the best players I the best positions. You know what I would be surprised to see us nick a win at Sincil Bank. I think the penalty save and the late goal might just be turning points.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, March 10, 2018, 10:19pm; Reply: 7
Got to say what a breath of fresh air his interviews are. When you compared them to WIlko or Slade who were always either dodging the question, shifting focus or just unable to answer, Jolley's intelligence shows through, quick to answer, no messing around and pretty much straight to the point.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, March 11, 2018, 5:43pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from oldun
Given he had only been here a few days and the pressure for points I think he did well today. He has quickly realised changes needed to be made. Within his limited options he tried a different formation and included a couple of new faces. He constantly adjusted the position of certain players during play and tried hard to get them to pass the ball wide/forward much quicker. He showed his frustration at times when they failed to do that.Also tried to get the crowd going. He did not allow the game to drift away and made early changes to the formation and used all the subs. He was very proactive in trying to get something from the game. He talked about trying get the best players I the best positions. You know what I would be surprised to see us nick a win at Sincil Bank. I think the penalty save and the late goal might just be turning points.

Totally agree with this.
Posted by: GrimRob, March 11, 2018, 6:31pm; Reply: 9
Come what may he should be here next year  :)

I have a feeling we are already one point better off than we would have been under Slade or WIlko.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 11, 2018, 6:38pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from oldun

Any result at Lincoln is a good result. We need to best Stevenage, Chesterfield and Barnet for sure.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, March 11, 2018, 8:14pm; Reply: 11
Got to say what a breath of fresh air his interviews are. When you compared them to WIlko or Slade who were always either dodging the question, shifting focus or just unable to answer, Jolley's intelligence shows through, quick to answer, no messing around and pretty much straight to the point.

He didn’t talk down to the listeners like Hurst either.
Posted by: Meza, March 12, 2018, 7:57am; Reply: 12
Watch the goals highlights on 5.....and i thing i noticed no emotion from Berrett.  No running to the fans celebrating...interesting probably aware he is not liked lol.
Posted by: oldun, March 12, 2018, 9:22am; Reply: 13
Quoted from Meza
Watch the goals highlights on 5.....and i thing i noticed no emotion from Berrett.  No running to the fans celebrating...interesting probably aware he is not liked lol.

Give the guy a break he just got us vital point in injury time with an excellent control, turn and shot. He certainly was very happy and celebrated with the other players.
Posted by: Tommy, March 12, 2018, 10:28am; Reply: 14
If he'd have gone into the crowd he'd have got a second yellow and got sent off.

There's no doubt he was delighted to score, whether people rate him or not.
Posted by: RoboCod, March 12, 2018, 11:31am; Reply: 15
Come on Fishy fans, let's not analyze everything for negative stuff, lighten up and try to get some positivity going. It's easy to look for the not so good things, let's ease up and see where we can go from here.

I'll start things off, watch the photographer in the blue vest top right in the highlights when we score.  I'm guessing he didn't get too many snaps to send in after the ball hit the net :)

[youtube]yZdPIPzSGFw[/youtube]
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, March 12, 2018, 11:33am; Reply: 16
Quoted from RoboCod

I'll start things off, watch the photographer in the blue vest top right in the highlights when we score.  I'm guessing he didn't get too many snaps to send in after the ball hit the net :)

Yeah lee put that on Facebook. But, if you know him, then you know he's a massive town fan too
Posted by: RoboCod, March 12, 2018, 11:36am; Reply: 17
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Yeah lee put that on Facebook. But, if you know him, then you know he's a massive town fan too

Brilliant, just loses it like a regular Pontooner ;D
Posted by: cmackenzie4, March 12, 2018, 12:20pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from RoboCod
Come on Fishy fans, let's not analyze everything for negative stuff, lighten up and try to get some positivity going. It's easy to look for the not so good things, let's ease up and see where we can go from here.

[youtube]yZdPIPzSGFw[/youtube]

Exactly! Since Jolley’s arrival I’m more confident in him getting us to safety than that of Slade, I watched Jolley on the sideline Saturday and he showed passion and the will to win, his post match interview was very well balanced and knows the weaknesses we have in the squad, I feel he’s made the right changes necessary, we also have Jackson to come back who is definitely a goal threat, I’m 100% behind Jolley.
Posted by: Meza, March 12, 2018, 1:14pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from oldun

Give the guy a break he just got us vital point in injury time with an excellent control, turn and shot. He certainly was very happy and celebrated with the other players.

Give the guy a break.  Fml how many people on this forum are slating him....i havent slated berrett just saying thats all.  I should have said in my earlier post that i wonder if its the fans dislike.  
Posted by: Grantley, March 12, 2018, 1:36pm; Reply: 20
In what way does Berrett show no emotion?! He literally does the ‘Come on’ gesture to the crowd, whilst looking and shouting at the crowd.  ;D

And I’m his biggest critic.
Posted by: toontown, March 12, 2018, 9:51pm; Reply: 21
yeah that's total balderdash he definitely celebrates!
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, March 13, 2018, 1:28am; Reply: 22
Is there any footage of the town bench when we scored? I'd love to see Jolley's reaction to the goal!
Posted by: Brazilnut, March 13, 2018, 2:16am; Reply: 23
The more I see Cardwell block it with his face the more i wince and he made nothing off it  just determined to make sure it was cleared
Posted by: Mallyner, March 13, 2018, 3:05pm; Reply: 24
In today's Telegraph there is a group of photos of the Port Vale game and most of them show a Town player having his shirt pulled. Its about time Refs and Linos started doing something about it.  :-/
Posted by: mariner83, March 13, 2018, 5:51pm; Reply: 25
He looks well drunk off about scoring
[Url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BgLrcKWHO-y/]https://www.instagram.com/p/BgLrcKWHO-y/[/url]
Posted by: Abdul19, March 13, 2018, 5:56pm; Reply: 26
No badge tattooed on his arm though, sack him Jolleys
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 7:05am