Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Mikey_345, March 10, 2018, 5:20pm
Think the lad deserves a thread of his own tonight.

Outstanding today, single handedly kept us in that.
Posted by: Skrill, March 10, 2018, 5:23pm; Reply: 1
I don't care what people say, Macca's a Grimsby legend.
Posted by: GYRanger, March 10, 2018, 5:24pm; Reply: 2
Fantastic performance. (clap)(clap)(clap)
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, March 10, 2018, 5:27pm; Reply: 3
Another fanatstic performance from super Macca.
Posted by: DaleGTFC, March 10, 2018, 5:34pm; Reply: 4
To think a year ago some people were questioning Maccas ability and was telling him to leave the club (I understand 80% of the players in front of him aren't that good and he's tested more than he should be)

...but this man really is a hero. I hope he keeps us up himself

Good job Macca!!! As skrill said, he IS a grimsby legend.

UTM
Posted by: Badger57, March 10, 2018, 5:37pm; Reply: 5
Macca was awesome today.
Posted by: Mariner93er, March 10, 2018, 5:39pm; Reply: 6
Not only did his penalty save keep us in it, it changed the atmosphere.
Posted by: moosey_club, March 10, 2018, 5:39pm; Reply: 7
Sat in the central Pontoon and that reaction save first half was unbelievable, the player who turned it goalward was blind to Macca and the ball was behind Macca before he clawed it out and away...i think the player was reeling off to the corner post celebrating his"goal"....
penalty save excellent as well and turned the game, fired the crowd up and brought on the late revival.

Salute you Macca.
Posted by: ginnywings, March 10, 2018, 5:56pm; Reply: 8
He will get a 10 in the player ratings from me and i don't think i've ever given one of those before.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, March 10, 2018, 5:58pm; Reply: 9
I questioned him when hendo was here ...
I was totally wrong this guy knows what it means to wear the shirt 10 out 10 today apologies Macca
Posted by: OllieGTFC, March 10, 2018, 6:01pm; Reply: 10
Two penalty saves in two games 👏 HERO for me coming grimsby through and through give him another contract 5 year deal !!!
Posted by: cmackenzie4, March 10, 2018, 6:07pm; Reply: 11
He was our star man and that save is one of the best I’ve seen, absolute class today, we’ll done Macca.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, March 10, 2018, 6:12pm; Reply: 12
He was MOM before the penalty save for me. Stunning performance.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, March 10, 2018, 6:20pm; Reply: 13
That goes down as one of the best ever goalkeeping performances I have ever seen at B.P., not just the penalty save but the point-blank save at the free kick just feet from the goal another stunner in the first half and his all-around game and determination inspired just not his fellow players but the fans in the ground. No wonder the whole ground rose to applaud him off the field.
Posted by: Grimbiggs, March 10, 2018, 6:28pm; Reply: 14
Brilliant game today, best i've ever seen him play and that vital point could be the difference between going down and staying up.
Posted by: Heisenberg, March 10, 2018, 6:28pm; Reply: 15
Give him a 2 year deal now. No matter where Shrewsbury are in the pyramid, Hurst will want him, even as back-up, so let’s get it sorted.
Posted by: H19P1, March 10, 2018, 6:29pm; Reply: 16
Brilliant absolutely brilliant Macca over the moon
Posted by: Grimal, March 10, 2018, 6:35pm; Reply: 17
That's the best performance from Macca whilst I've been watching the Mariners. Well done, MOM by a mile.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 10, 2018, 6:37pm; Reply: 18
Macca = the last of the promotion legends.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, March 10, 2018, 6:48pm; Reply: 19
Hopefully he gets another deal he bleeds black and white!
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 10, 2018, 6:52pm; Reply: 20
Can a penalty save turn a season? Not sure but it certainly turned a sure fire defeat into a draw, if that had gone in it would have sent BP into a massive downer.

Quality performance from James today as we can see it was no coincidence we plummeted when he got injured
Posted by: ginnywings, March 10, 2018, 6:52pm; Reply: 21
As we were leaving, JF was alongside us and my brother said to him, put an extra few quid in Macca's wages this week John, he earned it.
Posted by: Meza, March 10, 2018, 6:54pm; Reply: 22
Id have told him to give macca a 2 yr deal ginny â˜ș
Posted by: Cloudy, March 10, 2018, 6:57pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from ginnywings
As we were leaving, JF was alongside us and my brother said to him, put an extra few quid in Macca's wages this week John, he earned it.

Did he tell him to f@@k off?
Posted by: Grimal, March 10, 2018, 6:59pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from ginnywings

Not the same words from JF as last time then Ginny ?  ;)

Posted by: Cod Cheeks, March 10, 2018, 7:07pm; Reply: 25
He looked great in that all crimson kit too😜
Posted by: Garth, March 10, 2018, 7:12pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Cod Cheeks
He looked great in that all crimson kit too😜

Bit of a change from the leather coat and turtle neck sweater then ;)
Posted by: Grantley, March 10, 2018, 7:28pm; Reply: 27
To save two penalties in consecutive weeks takes some going. Well done James. Concerning that we’ve conceded penalties in our last 3 games though.
Posted by: ginnywings, March 10, 2018, 8:02pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Cloudy

Did he tell him to f@@k off?

;D

No, not this time. To be fair, i've told my nephew to fook off more than once. He does get a bit carried away.
Posted by: Reverendmariner, March 10, 2018, 8:56pm; Reply: 29
I agree with Mrs Doyle, I can't think of a better goalkeeping performance at BP. Not only that, but he went to persuade those Town fans who were getting involved in the trouble to back off. His interview on RH after the game shows just how committed he is to the club. Give him a new, improved contract now. When MJ starts with a blank piece of paper in the summer, Macca's name should be first on it. I think he's in the same class as Harry Wainman and Danny Coyne, my favourite Town goalkeepers.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 10, 2018, 9:12pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Reverendmariner
I agree with Mrs Doyle, I can't think of a better goalkeeping performance at BP. Not only that, but he went to persuade those Town fans who were getting involved in the trouble to back off. His interview on RH after the game shows just how committed he is to the club. Give him a new, improved contract now. When MJ starts with a blank piece of paper in the summer, Macca's name should be first on it. I think he's in the same class as Harry Wainman and Danny Coyne, my favourite Town goalkeepers.

We need to stay up to keep him, he is no longer a non league keeper, I used to love Batchy but Danny Coyne is the best keeper I’ve seen in a Town shirt and today James hit that level.

He stood out as a leader in a side that lacks leadership.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, March 11, 2018, 7:21am; Reply: 31
Quoted from Reverendmariner

Not forgetting how he lept over the Osmond end fence to retrieve the ball from the Vale fans when we were still 1-0 down. If just one player could turn a season around with a defining moment that performance could be Macca's.

Wear that lucky kit again Macca one man stood out yesterday in more ways than one and that man was you.

Posted by: Garth, March 11, 2018, 8:16am; Reply: 32
Would have been nice if Pearson could have been around too when we were under pressure
Posted by: mariner83, March 11, 2018, 8:51am; Reply: 33
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

Not forgetting how he lept over the Osmond end fence to retrieve the ball from the Vale fans when we were still 1-0 down. If just one player could turn a season around with a defining moment that performance could be Macca's.

Wear that lucky kit again Macca one man stood out yesterday in more ways than one and that man was you.

Didn't he run to the lower smiths to try and calm our fans too?
Posted by: Cloudy, March 11, 2018, 8:53am; Reply: 34
Quoted from mariner83

Didn't he run to the lower smiths to try and calm our fans too?

He did but Vale fans accused him of stirring up trouble and inciting the trouble!! :-/
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 11, 2018, 10:08am; Reply: 35
I am a bit disappointed he didn't score the winner yesterday TBH  ;)
Posted by: Les Brechin, March 11, 2018, 6:21pm; Reply: 36
[youtube]5cZ_bcZl-6M[/youtube]

That 2nd save was one of the best I've ever seen.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 11, 2018, 6:33pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Les Brechin
[youtube]5cZ_bcZl-6M[/youtube]

That save in the first half (2nd on the clip) looks better every time I watch it
Posted by: AussieMariner, March 12, 2018, 1:08pm; Reply: 38
Was having a beer with a Liverpool fan tonight and Yellow Submarine started playing in the pub. He said it reminded him of a chant they had to that tune ‘we all wish we had a team of Carraghers’ due to his never say die attitude and dedication to the team (yes I know .......)
Then just watched the Macca interview and it occurred to me that it might be a fitting tribute if the fans behind the goal at Lincoln sang the same song ‘we all wish we had a team of James Mckeowns’
Wish I could be there but my next game is Swindon then Notts C and Forest Fungus (desperately hoping we’re still up but will be going anyway)
Very impressed with MJ so far - feels like we’ve got a proper manager again. No BS, no outrageous promises, just getting stuck in and doing a job with intelligence, diligence and passion đŸ€ž
Posted by: marinerrick, March 12, 2018, 1:32pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

I was only thinking that when he jumped into osmond to get ball how some of the Vale fans tried getting to macca. They were looking for trouble even then.
Posted by: AussieMariner, March 13, 2018, 12:22am; Reply: 40
Lee Burge of Coventry must have had a helluva game to beat Macca to the EFL team of the week. Worrying that it was against Barnet as they must have shown a lot up front.....
Posted by: ginnywings, March 13, 2018, 12:36am; Reply: 41
Quoted from AussieMariner
Lee Burge of Coventry must have had a helluva game to beat Macca to the EFL team of the week. Worrying that it was against Barnet as they must have shown a lot up front.....

Think i read on here that they had something like 15 shots, which is as many as we've had in about ten games. Barnet have the best form of all the clubs at the bottom, despite being 24th. They are not out of it yet, especially if they win tonight.
Posted by: Caveman, March 13, 2018, 3:22pm; Reply: 42
The Times gave it to Macca
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 1:01pm