Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: sonik, March 1, 2018, 2:29pm
https://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/news/2018/march/volunteers1mar18/

It looks like Carlisle are trying their best to get the game on Saturday with a pitch clearance actioned for Friday. Travelling Town fans have maybe more of a problem getting there?

UTM!
Posted by: horsforthmariner, March 1, 2018, 2:50pm; Reply: 1
To be honest, i suspect it will be to Town's advantage if the game is postponed. More time for whoever is the new manager to get to grips with the squad and hopefully change a few things.
Posted by: davmariner, March 1, 2018, 2:59pm; Reply: 2
Yes agreed. Hopefully it'll be postponed.
Posted by: GYinScuntland, March 1, 2018, 3:04pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from davmariner
Yes agreed. Hopefully it'll be postponed.

The flip side being those poor buggers that book hotels, trains, time off work and risk rows with the other half because they want to go to the match.
Posted by: ginnywings, March 1, 2018, 3:24pm; Reply: 4
They've also had an upturn in form recently, so i'm hoping it's postponed.
Posted by: Gaffer58, March 1, 2018, 4:08pm; Reply: 5
They've desperate to play it before we appoint our new exciting hungry manager and get the "new manager upsurge", so sodomist them up Mr Fenty and make the announcement today/ tomorrow.
Posted by: GrimRob, March 1, 2018, 5:07pm; Reply: 6
"The weather's a great leveller", as the cliche goes.

A point will do nicely  :)
Posted by: MarinerWY, March 1, 2018, 5:13pm; Reply: 7
Anyone travelling from/via Leeds by train, Northern Rail are on strike so the Settle-Carlisle line is mostly not running to timetable bar one train early morning.
Posted by: Pouton4ever, March 1, 2018, 5:26pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from MarinerWY
Anyone travelling from/via Leeds by train, Northern Rail are on strike so the Settle-Carlisle line is mostly not running to timetable bar one train early morning.

How early? That's v annoying
Posted by: moosey_club, March 1, 2018, 8:23pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from horsforthmariner
To be honest, i suspect it will be to Town's advantage if the game is postponed. More time for whoever is the new manager to get to grips with the squad and hopefully change a few things.

Another week for Wilko to work them hard in training, practice penalties, get some injured players back and maybe fluke a win to secure the caretaker position for the rest of the season you mean  :)
Posted by: mariner83, March 1, 2018, 9:10pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Gaffer58
They've desperate to play it before we appoint our new exciting hungry manager and get the "new manager upsurge", so sodomist them up Mr Fenty and make the announcement today/ tomorrow.

Like the time they wouldn't rearrange the league match in 1998? Played 2 days after the AWS final.  At least we won :)
Posted by: sonik, March 2, 2018, 1:11pm; Reply: 11
Game on after midday inspection. Now which route is best to get there?

A69 is open. A bit future to go. A66 and M62 shut at present.

UTM  :-/
Posted by: GYinScuntland, March 2, 2018, 1:31pm; Reply: 12
All trains between Newcastle and Carlisle cancelled today, no bus replacement.
Expecting the same tomorrow.
Posted by: barralad, March 2, 2018, 2:04pm; Reply: 13
Nice of them to give thought to fans travelling from away...15-20 cms of further snow expected over the tops tonight...
Posted by: ginnywings, March 2, 2018, 2:57pm; Reply: 14
All the other sides down the bottom have had their games postponed, so if we lose, which is likely, they will all be further boosted and have another game in hand on us. This season just has a feeling of inevitability about it.  :(
Posted by: Cumbrian Mariner, March 2, 2018, 4:10pm; Reply: 15
Forecast now updated to snow showers with between 0 and 1 degree temperature.

I would appear that Carlisle are doing everything can to get the game in and build on their 3 match winning run.

Not much consideration fo the travelling fans at all.

Safe trip everyone.

UTM
Posted by: GrimRob, March 2, 2018, 5:26pm; Reply: 16
Hopefully our players will be incensed that they have to travel!
Posted by: ex-merseymariner, March 2, 2018, 5:40pm; Reply: 17
Find it remarkable that the game can be on at all given the weathwr conditions nationally and the motorway closure

More than remarkable, ... astonishing, disillusionment with the modern game grows yet further.

Those of u on twitter look at John tonduers tweets on it
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 2, 2018, 6:13pm; Reply: 18
So if the team don't make it and CUFC say the game is on do we lose the points?

Also what happens if the ref can't make it.

Fukin stupid............... But then again nothing surprises me in the EFL.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, March 2, 2018, 6:20pm; Reply: 19
Are the Carlisle fans going to get to work on clearing the A66 now that they’ve done the pitch at Brunton Park?
Posted by: Mariner16, March 2, 2018, 6:23pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from GYinScuntland
All trains between Newcastle and Carlisle cancelled today, no bus replacement.
Expecting the same tomorrow.

Northern are on strike tomorrow anyway!

Posted by: GYinScuntland, March 2, 2018, 6:50pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Mariner16

Northern are on strike tomorrow anyway!

There's nearly a full service between Newcastle and Carlisle by all accounts. Just the weather to worry about.
Posted by: jock dock tower, March 2, 2018, 7:03pm; Reply: 22
As it's on I'll be going on the trainf rom Dumfries. I certainly won't be going in the car, even though it's only 45 miles, roads are too treacherous for that.

I genuinely fear for the safety of the team and any fans who are preparing to travel, it simply isn't safe to do so. In fact it's downright dangerous and somebody from the club should be contacting the Football League and advising them that they have an over riding duty of care to all the clubs under their umbrella, and sending them off on such journeys is a dereliction of that duty.

Barralad. Should I take my wee parcel with me?
Posted by: ginnywings, March 2, 2018, 7:23pm; Reply: 23
Crazy decision, or non decision. We probably have one of the most treacherous journeys of any team this weekend. The league should have stepped in and taken the decision away from Carlisle and the ref. It may still be off anyway, and we'll have taken all that risk for nothing.
Posted by: barralad, March 2, 2018, 7:38pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from jock dock tower
As it's on I'll be going on the trainf rom Dumfries. I certainly won't be going in the car, even though it's only 45 miles, roads are too treacherous for that.

I genuinely fear for the safety of the team and any fans who are preparing to travel, it simply isn't safe to do so. In fact it's downright dangerous and somebody from the club should be contacting the Football League and advising them that they have an over riding duty of care to all the clubs under their umbrella, and sending them off on such journeys is a dereliction of that duty.

Barralad. Should I take my wee parcel with me?

I'm making my mind up in the morning mate. I'll message you in plenty of time...
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, March 2, 2018, 7:44pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from ginnywings
Crazy decision, or non decision. We probably have one of the most treacherous journeys of any team this weekend. The league should have stepped in and taken the decision away from Carlisle and the ref. It may still be off anyway, and we'll have taken all that risk for nothing.

It is a shocking decision.

You have the police and authorities telling everyone not to travel unless exceptional circumstances demand it and then expect the team and fans to travel.

The club should have appealed the decision - and as you say all it needs is a severe overnight frost or conditions around Brunton Park to be too treacherous and it could well be off anyway.
Posted by: jock dock tower, March 2, 2018, 7:49pm; Reply: 26
Thing is, a local referee could deem it playable say at 9am, which would hardly give fans the opportunity to get there anyway, and it could get postpoend as conditions deteriorate further. If they leave earlier they face the possibility of a very long drive with possibly a postponement at the end of it.

I might be the Carlsile 1 tomorrow!
Posted by: Vance Warner, March 2, 2018, 8:03pm; Reply: 27
All trains from Newcastle to Carlisle now cancelled!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 2, 2018, 8:18pm; Reply: 28
It wouldn't surprise me if the pitch gets frozen. Wouldn't they have been better off leaving the snow covering on until the morning?
Posted by: Malaga_Mariner, March 2, 2018, 9:01pm; Reply: 29
Travelled up from Grimsby area today, with both A66 & M62 closed made a detour via Leeds Bradford Airport then up to M6 via Settle. Whilst journey took a little longer the roads were clear. UTM
Posted by: chaos33, March 2, 2018, 9:08pm; Reply: 30
M6 is the way to do it, just don't want to be on the A66 or M62. Not sure how that's gonna work if you're travelling from Grimsby!
Posted by: ginnywings, March 2, 2018, 9:18pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from chaos33
M6 is the way to do it, just don't want to be on the A66 or M62. Not sure how that's gonna work if you're travelling from Grimsby!

Via York and Skipton would be my choice.
Posted by: chaos33, March 2, 2018, 9:39pm; Reply: 32
Yep should be ok - A1079 to York then A59 and A65 to A6/M6. A65 has had several dodgy or closed sections in the last few days. If there's no overnight snow this route should be ok.

Avoid the M62. That's the key.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, March 2, 2018, 9:49pm; Reply: 33
A69 is open now, but it’s a long way round.
Posted by: sonik, March 3, 2018, 6:23am; Reply: 34
Safe journey to the travelling Mariners. A Jolley good trip!

Hoping the M62 is now passable with the A66 still closed?

UTM!
Posted by: chaos33, March 3, 2018, 7:10am; Reply: 35
Safe journey to all. If you're the passenger, enjoy the glorious landscape!
Posted by: Stadium, March 3, 2018, 7:35am; Reply: 36
M62 now fully open
https://twitter.com/HighwaysYORKS/status/969824804185485312?s=19

A66 closed.
https://twitter.com/HighwaysYORKS/status/969801208620863488?s=19

Posted by: golfer, March 3, 2018, 8:33am; Reply: 37
Heavy snow forecast between 11am -1-0 pm at Carlisle
Posted by: itsnotcoditshaddock, March 3, 2018, 8:36am; Reply: 38
Inevitable that this gets called off late surely.
Posted by: Vance Warner, March 3, 2018, 8:38am; Reply: 39
Quoted from golfer
Heavy snow forecast between 11am -1-0 pm at Carlisle

Where have you seen that? It's not what I'm getting. Still undecided whether to travel.
Posted by: Les Brechin, March 3, 2018, 8:48am; Reply: 40
To be honest, I don't think we can really complain about Carlisle wanting the game to be played.

Just go back to the season we were relegated (or it may have been the season before) when the whole country was snowed in and similar advice was given about not to travel and we played Exeter!

Not many Exeter fans made it that day (about 60 or 70 I think), whereas they'd have brought 3 or 4 hundred normally as they were near the top of the league and got promoted that season.
Posted by: chaos33, March 3, 2018, 9:05am; Reply: 41
http://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/Carlisle

No snow in that forecast
Posted by: Stadium, March 3, 2018, 9:09am; Reply: 42
Shows snow here for the morning?
BBC shows none.

https://www.netweather.tv/weather-forecasts/uk/7-day/5392~Carlisle
Posted by: oochiad, March 3, 2018, 9:30am; Reply: 43
It’s says that heavy snowforecast 11-1 on the Met.
Posted by: oochiad, March 3, 2018, 9:33am; Reply: 44
Just goes to show you can’t really rely on weather forecasts!
Posted by: Cod marriner, March 3, 2018, 9:42am; Reply: 45
It’s snowing there as we speak all be it light at the moment, can see they have a couple hours of it to come. Really not sure if this could effect the game tho does’nt look like it’s going to be too heavy in nature.
Posted by: conscorner, March 3, 2018, 9:47am; Reply: 46
M62 fine at the moment - light traffic and all lanes open
Posted by: lukeo, March 3, 2018, 9:51am; Reply: 47
All trains from South West to Carlisle cancelled today.
Posted by: Abdul19, March 3, 2018, 10:07am; Reply: 48
Quoted from oochiad
It’s says that heavy snowforecast 11-1 on the Met.

I've just stuck £2 on ;)
Posted by: oochiad, March 3, 2018, 10:17am; Reply: 49
Ha ha😂😂
Posted by: Stadium, March 3, 2018, 10:33am; Reply: 50
Quoted from Cod marriner
It’s snowing there as we speak all be it light at the moment, can see they have a couple hours of it to come. Really not sure if this could effect the game tho does’nt look like it’s going to be too heavy in nature.

Pitch clearing underway:

https://twitter.com/officialcufc/status/969855674581766146
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, March 3, 2018, 10:57am; Reply: 51
Any Mariners from the Teesside/Darlo area at the game today?

Wouldn’t mind going the game if someone fancies splitting petrol..

Our game has been postponed.
Posted by: golfer, March 3, 2018, 11:13am; Reply: 52
Quoted from Vance Warner

Where have you seen that? It's not what I'm getting. Still undecided whether to travel.

Met Office
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 3, 2018, 1:03pm; Reply: 53

Only 2 games not postponed in league 2 now.......

Cambridge v Luton

Carlisle v Town
Posted by: Stadium, March 3, 2018, 1:14pm; Reply: 54
£10 on the gate for away fans too.
Posted by: barrattstandman, March 3, 2018, 1:34pm; Reply: 55
Away fans should be free for travelling in these conditions  
Posted by: Abdul19, March 3, 2018, 1:39pm; Reply: 56
I see Carlisle are trying to make out it's some sort of goodwill gesture, when it's something they have to do but conveniently forgot about until it was pointed out!
Posted by: RoboCod, March 3, 2018, 1:46pm; Reply: 57
Yeah, well listen up Carlisle, thinking you just have to turn up to win, we're coming for the 3 POINTS!

You'll see...GRRRRRRRRR(angry)(angry)

UTM!
Posted by: oochiad, March 3, 2018, 1:54pm; Reply: 58
I really hope after all their efforts we draw or beat them.
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 3, 2018, 2:14pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from RoboCod
Yeah, well listen up Carlisle, thinking you just have to turn up to win, we're coming for the 3 POINTS!

You'll see...GRRRRRRRRR(angry)(angry)

UTM!

Shouldn't that be BRRRRRRRRRRRR(tux)
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 11:00am