Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Badger57, February 23, 2018, 5:49pm
I did say some time ago that I wouldn't go back to Blundell Park until Slade had gone. I held true to that and OK, he's gone thankfully but the lack of positive movement on the managerial front, another unwarranted Fenty rally call and Wilko's lacklustre performance and demeanor since has already deflated me already. Can I be arsed to go? Can you be arsed to return?
Posted by: toontown, February 23, 2018, 5:54pm; Reply: 1
I'm going for the first time in quite a few games. There is at least the chance of positive change now Slade has gone
Posted by: fleabag1970, February 23, 2018, 6:12pm; Reply: 2
I'm still not going ... the board are the problem and they are still there . I hate been patronized and I hate been taken for a mug
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, February 23, 2018, 6:12pm; Reply: 3
Choice of Town, or my lad playing openside for Melton Colts v Newark Colts. The doughty local youth giving 100% just for the joy of playing for teammates, doing your job and giving no quarter, some call rugby legitimized street fighting but they shake hands after; or a bunch journeymen going through the motions to collect their wages. No brainer really. Time for Town to play those who have pride in pulling on the shirt, they cant be any worse can they?
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 23, 2018, 6:22pm; Reply: 4
I was not impressed with the team at Cambridge,

BUT

If I lived local I would give Wilko another chance hoping he uses wingers,

Come on Paul go for it son at least go down fighting,

Hopefully it will work and we wont go down.
Posted by: davmariner, February 23, 2018, 6:23pm; Reply: 5
I won’t be going to the home games for the foreseeable especially given that Wilko is likely to be in charge for a while. Fenty doesn’t deserve my hard earned cash and I’ve had enough of his mismanagement.
Posted by: ginnywings, February 23, 2018, 6:26pm; Reply: 6
I'll be there as usual, in hope, rather than expectation. Not conflicted about going, but not enjoying it at all right now. It's getting too tense and nervy again to be enjoyable.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, February 23, 2018, 6:27pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Badger57
I did say some time ago that I wouldn't go back to Blundell Park until Slade had gone. I held true to that and OK, he's gone thankfully but the lack of positive movement on the managerial front, another unwarranted Fenty rally call and Wilko's lacklustre performance and demeanor since has already deflated me already. Can I be arsed to go? Can you be arsed to return?

What if a new manager comes in and you don't like him? You will be back to square one. You are either a supporter or your'e not.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, February 23, 2018, 6:28pm; Reply: 8
I will be there to cheer the lads on despite what I think about matters off the field I can't turn my back on the only club I have supported for over fifty years. Thermals at the ready.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, February 23, 2018, 6:54pm; Reply: 9
I'll be there getting behind the team. Drop the debt!!!
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, February 23, 2018, 6:58pm; Reply: 10
Will be back tomorrow after a while away , desperate for a performance and 3 points
Posted by: meggietown, February 23, 2018, 7:26pm; Reply: 11
I will be there.ive sat through worse times than this.an very close to saying no but my blood is black an white an i will  support them an you cant beat a saturday afternoon at bp.times arent good at the moment but imagine being a scarboro .darlington.hereford  etc with no team to follow  but starting from scratch UTM
Posted by: penrith mariner, February 23, 2018, 7:45pm; Reply: 12
Late decision to make the journey, and after making the trek to Newport, Exeter, Yeovil, Cambridge and several others I do sometimes wonder why, but after 40 years of supporting I'm not going to give up when I  needed most.
Please, please, please give me something to cheer though, it's been a while!!
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 23, 2018, 8:28pm; Reply: 13
Not as many miles as Penrith but I’ll be doing my 300 mile round trip to see the side play.

The side needs support at the moment!
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, February 23, 2018, 8:34pm; Reply: 14
First game since Crewe for me and my Dad. Still feels like I'm being punished for something rather then a treated to seeing my team.
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, February 23, 2018, 8:41pm; Reply: 15
I’ll be doing the usual 150 mile round trip, not expecting to see anything different, but always hoping.
Posted by: DublinMariner, February 23, 2018, 9:31pm; Reply: 16
I'm heading over on a day trip from Dublin, 8am flight to East Midlands, renting a car and back on the 9pm flight back. Unsure how many miles but long enough!

It'll be my seventh match this season and I'm hoping for a big improvement on the other games, but I'm not holding my breath!
Posted by: sydney, February 23, 2018, 9:37pm; Reply: 17
Be there again
Hoping for something?
Something Better
A good performance
A Goal
A point 😁
A win 😄
Probably disappointment 😩
But it’s my team
Come on Town!!
Posted by: Croxton, February 23, 2018, 10:08pm; Reply: 18
On granddad duties for weekend so not able to be there. Cambridge was poor from selection, tactics, distracting protest etc. but surely the result has pushed JC, Cardwell and Clifton closer to a start. Will be thinking of all who turn up to cheer the team, especially Dublin!
Posted by: 75 (Guest), February 24, 2018, 8:44am; Reply: 19
I liked Russ as a bloke, although his attack on Matt Dean at the forum and his prickly press interviews began to change that opinion. That said, I could not abide his footballing philosophy.

As a season ticket holder, I've missed at least six games this season, maybe seven I think. Five due to holidays, but two where I did not want to leave my house three miles away from the ground to watch us kick off by launching the ball out for a throw in.

However, now he is gone I have resumed my full support of the team. Home and the majority of away games as this rather pathetic squad need our support. We can support them for another ten weeks then bin them off and start again with an almost blank canvass. But we need to do that within the FL.
Posted by: Hagrid, February 24, 2018, 9:08am; Reply: 20
Reading some of this is fantastic the distance some of you travel. Hats off to you all
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, February 24, 2018, 9:27am; Reply: 21
Quoted from Hagrid
Reading some of this is fantastic the distance some of you travel. Hats off to you all

Couldn’t agree more
Posted by: LondonMariner43, February 24, 2018, 11:14am; Reply: 22
Funny how some posters say they would get behind a team with more local lads but seem unwilling to get behind a local manager who grew up in the Town and is one of our best ever players.  

Hope we can all get behind the players and manager for 90 mins today and get the win that is badly needed.
Posted by: Badger57, February 24, 2018, 11:41am; Reply: 23
Sod it. I've got a rotten cold and it's bloody freezing but Wilko and the lads, if not Fenty deserve another chance. I'm in!  😀
Now where's the missus`s thickest and warmest tights?
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, February 24, 2018, 12:44pm; Reply: 24
This is where it all starts for me we have got rid of the joker it's personal now this club is at the big crossroad it is still very much in our hands from now until May.

FOR WILCO, MACCA AND THE LADS.

COME ON. ALL TOWN ARE WE, WILCO'S BLACK AND WHITE ARMY.
Posted by: gaz57, February 24, 2018, 1:14pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Hagrid

Just what I thought and when I saw Sydney  I thought wow surely not. UTM
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 24, 2018, 4:20pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Badger57
Sod it. I've got a rotten cold and it's bloody freezing but Wilko and the lads, if not Fenty deserve another chance. I'm in!  😀
Now where's the missus`s thickest and warmest tights?

I heard someone talking recently. This bloke asked his mate, 'Is that Badger bloke a crossdresser?'

'Cross?! He was bloody fuming after Cambridge.'
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 4:50am