Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 22, 2018, 10:08pm
It's time to shut up.

To the board - the genuine fans do not need pleading with to back the players.

To the fans who boo and insult the players - you are not doing the club any favours. If you are a real fan, get behind the players and help then retain League status. If you want to protest, do it after the final whistle or stay away.

To the players - keep calm and do your best.
Posted by: oochiad, February 22, 2018, 10:31pm; Reply: 1
Well said.
Posted by: toontown, February 22, 2018, 10:46pm; Reply: 2
Thought you was going to say

Don't you know my name?!
Posted by: Freemoash88, February 23, 2018, 2:39pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from MuddyWaters
It's time to shut up.

To the board - the genuine fans do not need pleading with to back the players.

To the fans who boo and insult the players - you are not doing the club any favours. If you are a real fan, get behind the players and help then retain League status. If you want to protest, do it after the final whistle or stay away.

To the players - keep calm and do your best.

i'll bite to this first of all I am a genuine fan and questioning peoples loyalty because we don't share the same opinion on the club is abit of a pathetic route to go down. I pay just like you to watch our beloved Team. So I have just as much right as you to voice my opinion.

Posted by: grimsby pete, February 23, 2018, 2:44pm; Reply: 4
No you shut up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only kidding  ;)
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 23, 2018, 2:58pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Freemoash88

i'll bite to this first of all I am a genuine fan and questioning peoples loyalty because we don't share the same opinion on the club is abit of a pathetic route to go down. I pay just like you to watch our beloved Team. So I have just as much right as you to voice my opinion.

Not sure I was questioning anyone's loyalty. I'm guessing your opinion is that having paid to get in gives you the right to slag players off left, right & centre even if it impacts on their performance and potentially jeopardises our League status.
Posted by: Gaffer58, February 23, 2018, 3:00pm; Reply: 6
If we are 3-0 down after 25 minutes is it ok if a have a very quiet boo when someone fails to control a 5 yard pass?
Posted by: RichMariner, February 23, 2018, 3:04pm; Reply: 7
Marley says shut up at an event designed to let fans have their say.

Fenty says we should shut up protesting inside the ground.

Wraith called us bullies.

To say I'm fed up of our hierarchy telling us how to behave is a bit of an understatement. Do this, do that, don't say this but do say that... only here, at this time, not then...

They are the ultimate control freaks. They don't like their authority being questioned. They often refer back to their wealth, as if that's the only thing needed to run this club.

They'll only sell to a buyer who understand how to run a football club, but they're the worst judge for that as none of our current board know anything about running a football club - just look at the last 17 years!
Posted by: OneLove, February 23, 2018, 3:11pm; Reply: 8
So when is officially ok to get on the players backs? this is all getting pathetic as towards fans as tho we are the cause of this. Do you honestly think anyone pays to go give them excrement from the off? Thats the whole point of watching the club to support them, but believe me if we are two down they deserve some sort of grief to let them no this is not acceptable.
Posted by: Gaffer58, February 23, 2018, 3:23pm; Reply: 9
This may have something to do with the snowflake society we live in today, even if you are useless at something everybody has to pretend your a world beater, a bit like school sports day where there is no winners and even the kid coming last in the egg and spoon race gets a prize.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 23, 2018, 3:23pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from RichMariner
Marley says shut up at an event designed to let fans have their say.

Fenty says we should shut up protesting inside the ground.

Wraith called us bullies.

To say I'm fed up of our hierarchy telling us how to behave is a bit of an understatement. Do this, do that, don't say this but do say that... only here, at this time, not then...

They are the ultimate control freaks. They don't like their authority being questioned. They often refer back to their wealth, as if that's the only thing needed to run this club.

They'll only sell to a buyer who understand how to run a football club, but they're the worst judge for that as none of our current board know anything about running a football club - just look at the last 17 years!

This is my point. I totally accept the rights of fans to boo if they feel like doing so, however I don't see any merit in it. What I can't accept is the club's custodian telling fans how to behave. The board created this mess last April, it's not us who caused the current situation and trying to move the responsibility for it onto the fans is a. wrong and b. typical Fenty.
Posted by: Freemoash88, February 23, 2018, 3:33pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Not sure I was questioning anyone's loyalty. I'm guessing your opinion is that having paid to get in gives you the right to slag players off left, right & centre even if it impacts on their performance and potentially jeopardises our League status.

Now your jumping the gun I’ve never slagged a player while watching the game nor do I believe in a demostration during the game.

Posted by: headingly_mariner, February 23, 2018, 3:37pm; Reply: 12
It's not the players fans are protesting at. I see no merit in getting at the players and I am always supportive.

The protest in the ground at the last home game was aimed squarely at the board and those same people were the ones getting right behind the players. The fans have been completely let down by the board and they expect people not to voice it in the ground.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 23, 2018, 3:39pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Freemoash88

Now your jumping the gun I’ve never slagged a player while watching the game nor do I believe in a demostration during the game.

I sincerely apologise for jumping to that conclusion.
Posted by: oldun, February 23, 2018, 3:43pm; Reply: 14
I prefer the words of Bob Marley
Posted by: Mallyner, February 23, 2018, 3:46pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from oldun

Is that no winning no cry?  :)
Posted by: Davec, February 23, 2018, 3:50pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from oldun

That every little thing is going to be alright?
Posted by: Marinerz93, February 23, 2018, 4:12pm; Reply: 17
In the words of Joe Dolce, Shaddap You Face

[youtube]sFacWGBJ_cs[/youtube]
Posted by: oldun, February 23, 2018, 4:14pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Davec

That every little thing is going to be alright?

That's the spirit. Would be good if everyone was signing this on Sat.
Posted by: Teestogreen, February 23, 2018, 4:39pm; Reply: 19
Jammin'  -   a 1-0 win tomorrow would be useful for a start!
Posted by: Cambs Mariner, February 23, 2018, 5:39pm; Reply: 20
If we go 3 down again there will be an EXODUS, a movement of the people.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, February 23, 2018, 6:02pm; Reply: 21
So many great words...

love the life you live. live the life you love.
One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
None but ourselves can free our minds.
The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.
Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold...
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
One love, one heart . . . Let’s get together and feel all right
Don't worry about a thing, 'cause every little thing gonna be all right.
Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're living?
Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, February 23, 2018, 6:57pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from grimsby pete
No you shut up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only kidding  ;)

Reminded me of the film Marley & Me ;)
https://youtu.be/oheuQfHUf2s
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, February 23, 2018, 11:42pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from oldun

That's the spirit. Would be good if everyone was signing this on Sat.

A silent protest? 😜
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 4:32am