Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: gtfc98, February 21, 2018, 10:05am
https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2018/february/macca--childs-share-their-sporting-memories/

Share their sporting memories  8)
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, February 21, 2018, 10:05am; Reply: 1
I got a really bad feeling about this thread when i see the title!
Posted by: gtfc98, February 21, 2018, 10:06am; Reply: 2
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
I got a really bad feeling about this thread when i see the title!

gotcha!
Posted by: moosey_club, February 21, 2018, 10:20am; Reply: 3
Their Pier 39 & Bags Ball memories would be interesting too.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, February 21, 2018, 10:27am; Reply: 4
Quoted from moosey_club

The little Mexican was always on the prowl
Posted by: Mendonca1995, February 21, 2018, 10:28am; Reply: 5
Quoted from moosey_club

Haha yes definitely like most of our ex players around those great times !!! but i would rather have a drunk gallimore than a paul Dixon 😂
Posted by: horsforthmariner, February 21, 2018, 10:40am; Reply: 6
What i'd do for those two  in their pomp playing for us today (although to be fair right back is about the one position were ok in)
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, February 21, 2018, 10:44am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Mendonca1995

Haha yes definitely like most of our ex players around those great times !!! but i would rather have a drunk gallimore than a paul Dixon 😂

To be fair gally had that unique talent of not really suffering from hangovers , wish I had it 🙁
Posted by: moosey_club, February 21, 2018, 10:55am; Reply: 8
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

The little Mexican was always on the prowl

haha....Macca, Childs & Gilbert.... they were like the anthill mob
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, February 21, 2018, 10:58am; Reply: 9
Quoted from moosey_club

haha....Macca, Childs & Gilbert.... they were like the anthill mob

😂
Posted by: Kristine, February 21, 2018, 10:59am; Reply: 10
Surprised this didn't make it on here sooner haha
Posted by: mimma, February 21, 2018, 11:23am; Reply: 11
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

To be fair gally had that unique talent of not really suffering from hangovers , wish I had it 🙁

All alcoholics do😁

To avoid hangovers, stay drunk. You only get them when you sober up😎
Posted by: moosey_club, February 21, 2018, 11:41am; Reply: 12
Quoted from Kristine
Surprised this didn't make it on here sooner haha

I blame the SLO personally .....mind you i dont suppose it comes under his remit of "home game, Blundell Park, matchday experience only" so unfair to blame  ;)
Posted by: headingly_mariner, February 21, 2018, 11:25pm; Reply: 13
It's a wonderful thing this sporting memories group. I hope it's really popular, that sort of stimulation for people who suffer from dementia can make a massive difference. Those who set it up and those at the club who are supporting it should be really proud. Great idea!
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, February 22, 2018, 12:28am; Reply: 14
I used to live next door to another town player as a kid, and once ended up playing PGA Tour Golf on the MegaDrive with Gary Childs and Dave Gilbert.  Now there's a 90s Grimsby cliche for you!
Posted by: Kristine, February 22, 2018, 8:35am; Reply: 15
Quoted from headingly_mariner
It's a wonderful thing this sporting memories group. I hope it's really popular, that sort of stimulation for people who suffer from dementia can make a massive difference. Those who set it up and those at the club who are supporting it should be really proud. Great idea!

We're getting between 8-10 every week and the cold wet weather doesn't help but I'm told this is a solid start for a new group. Hopefully as the weather gets warmer we'll get more in. .A couple of the guys have dementia but most of them don't, its great for getting people out of the house.

Posted by: headingly_mariner, February 22, 2018, 11:09am; Reply: 16
Quoted from Kristine

We're getting between 8-10 every week and the cold wet weather doesn't help but I'm told this is a solid start for a new group. Hopefully as the weather gets warmer we'll get more in. .A couple of the guys have dementia but most of them don't, its great for getting people out of the house.

That's 8-10 people who have something to fill a bit of their day with. Some older peoples lives are lonely and isolated, I'm sure you're making a massive difference and it looks like a good laugh.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 12:52am