Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, February 20, 2018, 5:26pm
Old chum, old bean

Please can you come out (not in that way or we'll be snookered) and please put to bed all these rumours. Let everyone know what's going on. I know you'll baulk at the idea, but please put us in the frame. This is your cue mate, call it an extension
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 20, 2018, 5:43pm; Reply: 1
To be fair, he can't say too much if he is talking with several potential candidates.

"Sorry the guy we picked isn't coming you'll do instead"
Posted by: Civvy at last, February 20, 2018, 5:45pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Old chum, old bean

Please can you come out (not in that way or we'll be snookered) and please put to bed all these rumours. Let everyone know what's going on. I know you'll baulk at the idea, but please put us in the frame. This is your cue mate, call it an extension

Give the guy a break 😃
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, February 20, 2018, 5:47pm; Reply: 3
What other club announces where they are in the recruitment process to fans?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 20, 2018, 5:48pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Old chum, old bean

If I was interviewing candidates for a management position, I certainly wouldn't be telling anyone what was going on. We'll find out soon enough.
Posted by: chaos33, February 20, 2018, 5:53pm; Reply: 5
I think the opposite of the OP. Carry on quietly and diligently doing everything to get the best man for this job would be my view. Far more prudent, diplomatic and professional to say nothing at present.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, February 20, 2018, 5:56pm; Reply: 6
Just a simple statement along the lines of "Contrary to media reports, no one has been offered the manager's position at Grimsby Town. We are currently considering applicants and will begin interviews in due course" would do. It would lift the air of desperation that the earlier Brown news gave.
Posted by: Garth, February 20, 2018, 6:05pm; Reply: 7
No news is good news until there is something factual to report lets leave it at that
Posted by: Mariner93er, February 20, 2018, 6:06pm; Reply: 8
They can't respond to every bloody rumour. I don't like fenty, but my god people are off to ridiculous extremes just to have a dig at him.
Posted by: Cloudy, February 20, 2018, 6:07pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from AdamHaddock
Just a simple statement along the lines of "Contrary to media reports, no one has been offered the manager's position at Grimsby Town. We are currently considering applicants and will begin interviews in due course" would do. It would lift the air of desperation that the earlier Brown news gave.

Air of desperation from the Brown news?
Really?
Posted by: OllieGTFC, February 20, 2018, 6:22pm; Reply: 10
What happened to all the managers who apply ? Not in for consideration then or just not what we are looking for, surely few of them fit the bill
Posted by: Ipswin, February 20, 2018, 6:29pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from OllieGTFC
What happened to all the managers who apply ? Not in for consideration then or just not what we are looking for, surely few of them fit the bill

Be fair 38 of the applications were from Fishy members, 10 from school team sports teachers, 2 from the local sunday league and Slade - not a lot left even for Fenty to give serious consideration to ;)

Posted by: OllieGTFC, February 20, 2018, 6:30pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Ipswin

Be fair 38 of the applications were from Fishy members, 10 from school team sports teachers, 2 from the local sunday league and Slade - not a lot left even for Fenty to give serious consideration to ;)

😂😂 silly me
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 20, 2018, 7:26pm; Reply: 13
The boot may be on the other foot. Squarkus, sonik and all the other board members/relatives with pseudonyms might be looking for suggestions from The Fishy.  :)
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, February 20, 2018, 7:35pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from MuddyWaters
The boot may be on the other foot. Squarkus, sonik and all the other board members/relatives with pseudonyms might be looking for suggestions from The Fishy.  :)

No they all reckon "big hands John" is doing just fine all by himself...
Posted by: TAGG, February 20, 2018, 7:45pm; Reply: 15
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AAhpAK_4p0k&feature=youtu.be
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 20, 2018, 7:54pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from TAGG

Deserves a thread of its' own IMHO.
Posted by: Spatchcock, February 20, 2018, 9:04pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from TAGG

Got up to about 4 minutes of that video and couldn't watch anymore  :B. Our club has been ripped apart by poor decisions on and off the field. excrement managers (minus Hurst), a backward thinking chairman with no business plan for the future. Hope I win the Euro lottery tonight cause Fenty would be gone!
Posted by: TAGG, February 20, 2018, 9:36pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Spatchcock

Got up to about 4 minutes of that video and couldn't watch anymore  :B. Our club has been ripped apart by poor decisions on and off the field. excrement managers (minus Hurst), a backward thinking chairman with no business plan for the future. Hope I win the Euro lottery tonight cause Fenty would be gone!

Ye very upsetting mate.
Just about says it all 😥
Posted by: chaos33, February 20, 2018, 10:38pm; Reply: 19
Agree the video needs a thread of it's own. It's bloody good (and really sad).
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 20, 2018, 11:01pm; Reply: 20
Wow! Not seen that before. Is it all over Twitter? I was posted on 3 Feb.

Great work whoever produced it.
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 20, 2018, 11:25pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from TAGG

Great watch and it does deserve a thread of it's own.

Posted by: RonMariner, February 20, 2018, 11:26pm; Reply: 22
Excellent.

We had the manager, we had the players. Then we threw it all away.

A case study in how to destroy a club.  
Posted by: ginnywings, February 20, 2018, 11:38pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from promotion plaice

Great watch and it does deserve a thread of it's own.

Then i shall do it
Posted by: ginnywings, February 20, 2018, 11:43pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from ginnywings

Then i shall do it

Hmm! Can't get it to work in a new thread for some reason. Tried twice.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 6:53pm