Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: moosey_club, February 20, 2018, 12:19pm
i am glad to tell you that you have been successful in your application to become our new first team manager....what ? ..you thought Phil Brown had been offered it...no no no no....internet warrior and amateur journalistic poppycock....you have always been our No.1 choice.....by the way..any chance you could be here for 1 p.m today ...we have a small press gathering, buffet lunch ordered and a special filter coffee pot on the boil. that's all....
Posted by: ginnywings, February 20, 2018, 12:26pm; Reply: 1
;D

Oh well, as you were. Stand down Pike, nothing to see here.

Back to my housework.
Posted by: Civvy at last, February 20, 2018, 12:43pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from moosey_club
i am glad to tell you that you have been successful in your application to become our new first team manager....what ? ..you thought Phil Brown had been offered it...no no no no....internet warrior and amateur journalistic poppycock....you have always been our No.1 choice.....by the way..any chance you could be here for 1 p.m today ...we have a small press gathering, buffet lunch ordered and a special filter coffee pot on the boil. that's all....

I'm sure any potential applicant would ignore the rumours and scaremongering by the small vocal minority from the fishy  ;)
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, February 20, 2018, 2:54pm; Reply: 3
Neither Phil Brown or John Fenty will be bullied by the Fishy in selecting the right manager.  Whoever he is.
Posted by: Ipswin, February 20, 2018, 3:06pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Neither Phil Brown or John Fenty will be bullied by the Fishy in selecting the right manager.  Whoever he is.

I don't think there is anybody anywhere who could in any way make Fenty select the 'right' manager - an impossibility

Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 20, 2018, 5:07pm; Reply: 5
What a fukking mess.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, February 20, 2018, 6:30pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from MuddyWaters
What a fukking mess.

Concise but true. Complacency and inaction and suddenly we are being sucked into a dogfight and are pinning our hopes on AN Other manager who may or may not work.

A pathetic transfer window, letting our best players go and getting worse in, it all looks to me like it is leading to a perfect storm.

The only possible bright spot is for a decent manager being brave enough to take it on and try to turn it all round.  
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 7:52am