Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 18, 2018, 11:51pm

When did you last see a Town win (clutching at straws)

Admitted it is the U18's

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2018/february/freeview--gtfc-u18s-4-0-ncfc-u18s/
Posted by: JMT, February 19, 2018, 12:04am; Reply: 1
flipping get them playing instead of the useless flipping girl privates we currently have. They'll want to prove a point and will take the chance with both hands.
Posted by: RonMariner, February 19, 2018, 12:06am; Reply: 2
I saw our last win, the1-0 victory against FGR.

Trouble is that they were reduced to 10 men before half time, were rock bottom of the division at the time, and played us off the park for the entire second half.

Posted by: oochiad, February 19, 2018, 7:45am; Reply: 3
And that was before they had Clements!..............
Posted by: 1mickylyons, February 19, 2018, 8:02am; Reply: 4
Quoted from RonMariner

Trouble is that they were reduced to 10 men before half time, were rock bottom of the division at the time, and played us off the park for the entire second half.

Same :'(
Posted by: ginnywings, February 19, 2018, 10:10am; Reply: 5
Quoted from RonMariner

I couldn't make that game, so think Swindon was the last win i witnessed in November. Was away for xmas, so missed the Mansfield Game, meaning i have seen us score two goals since the Swindon match.  :(
Posted by: 1mickylyons, February 19, 2018, 10:28am; Reply: 6
Exeter looks a hard game for us to win and Carlisle away the week after looks no easier.The focus must be on coming out with a fast tempo and at least attempting to get the home crowd onside this week from the off.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 19, 2018, 10:38am; Reply: 7
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Exeter looks a hard game for us to win and Carlisle away the week after looks no easier.The focus must be on coming out with a fast tempo and at least attempting to get the home crowd onside this week from the off.

And preferably with a manager who's capable of using the assets (in some cases) at his disposal. The annoying thing is that most of the team is the same that was close to the play-offs 10 weeks ago.
Posted by: carrot top, February 19, 2018, 1:15pm; Reply: 8
I hope I am wrong, but I cant see anything other than a thrashing being dished out by Exeter on Saturday.

Major changes needed, especially in midfield, but who have we got to come in?
Posted by: GrimRob, February 19, 2018, 1:17pm; Reply: 9
Next thing we''ll be making the Youth Team Coach manager. No, nobody could be that stupid....
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 19, 2018, 1:24pm; Reply: 10
I saw us win at Cambridge, ;D

OK  it was last year sadly.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, February 19, 2018, 9:33pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from RonMariner

Think time is dimming either your memory or mine, as crap as we are I don’t recall FGR playing is off the park, I do recall we wasted loads of excellent opportunities to have beaten them by much more. We also did ok against Mansfield and were denied a blatant penalty near the end for foul on Rose.

Most other games, Swindon apart, we have been dire.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 6:22am