Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: TheCodfather1966, February 17, 2018, 9:45pm
of the situation is that this is probably if not the worst squad ever seen at our great club.  In truth, I would not retain a single member of our current squad that is how bad I think they are.  Not even a fan of Dembele, he only really runs straight into people.  Put this miserable excuse of a squad with two dead-beats such and Coco Slade and sergeant Wilko and you have all the recipe for relegation.  The only thing that will save us this season is the fact that Barnet and Chesterfield are equally as woeful.  If we had not got a few points on the board early, we should surely be doomed now.  I don't think we have another win in us all season, and I can't help thinking that Wilko and the coaching staff think the same.  How the hell did we get into this sorry state !!!  Even if we do survive this season, I am more and more thinking I cannot renew my season ticket whilst Fenty is at the helm of this club.  He has truly represented all that is bad at this club over the past few years.  We 100% need new owners at this club, even the current Board know this fact as well.  There is no passion at all at this club , other than the passion the long suffering fans inject into the club.  Even if we survive this season, we are treading a tight rope until new owners with some passion and footballing nouse can be found.

UTM
Posted by: GrimRob, February 17, 2018, 10:25pm; Reply: 1
We should definitely keep Dembele. When he was playing well we were picking up points on a regular basis. We've been crap all season but when we had a settled back four (without Dixon) and with Dembele on top form we won quite a few games. We'd be bonkers to let him go.

The reality is some of the other players are under contract. And what's the chance of a new manager signing 20 or even 10 great players? We only need 2 and 3 great players and the rest solid pros and we can do well in this division.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 17, 2018, 10:36pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from GrimRob
We should definitely keep Dembele. When he was playing well we were picking up points on a regular basis. We've been crap all season but when we had a settled back four (without Dixon) and with Dembele on top form we won quite a few games. We'd be bonkers to let him go.

And the center mids did not include Berret, though he went badly off the boil Jones was also helping us pick points up at places like Barnet, Chesterfield, Accrington  and Port Vale.    
Posted by: TAGG, February 17, 2018, 11:23pm; Reply: 3
The reality is that the club has been rotting away since the day John Fenty got his hands on it.
All those people who still support him should look at his record of decision making since being in charge.
The latest one of giving a man a job that had been sacked so many times and was on the way down years ago and then holds on to him until after the transfer window shuts thus giving anyone else coming in to the club no chance.
How anyone can support Fenty is well beyond me.
He has been killing our club for years.
Posted by: bawarmy, February 17, 2018, 11:58pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from GrimRob

The reality is some of the other players are under contract. And what's the chance of a new manager signing 20 or even 10 great players? We only need 2 and 3 great players and the rest solid pros and we can do well in this division.

We’d be bonkers to let him go but this is the club that chose Clarke instead of Pearson, got rid of Dis but gave Kelly a two year contract, got rid of Clements to our relegation rivals and got rid of our top scorer when we are woefully short of goals. You  could also add didn’t offer our 30+ goal scorer a new deal because he wanted two years and replaced him with Vernon on a two year deal. So if Dembele stays it will be a surprise. The club is broken !
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, February 18, 2018, 12:27am; Reply: 5
I would keep 7 of them.
Macca (Solid keeper at this level)
Mills (Good Right back at this level)
Hall-Johnson (think theres more to come from him)
Dembele (has a bright future ahead of him with proper coaching)
Summerfield (deserves a chance in a better squad after this last season)
Rose (Got something about him under a decent manager he could shine and be a Bolland sort of player)

I'd also keep Clement when his loan is up and he returns.

As for Loans, I'd like to see WIlks come back and Vernam maybe DJ
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, February 18, 2018, 2:57am; Reply: 6
I'd also keep Clement when his loan is up and he returns.
Clements contract is up at the end of the 2017–18 season, it will probally be difficult to match whatever Forest Green Rovers pay their players if they decide they want him permanently.  I read that they had two out of their other three central midfielders out for yesterdays game with Morecambe due to sickness, so it was lucky that they had him to pair up with their other new signing Grubb. I am hoping that whoever comes in as our new manager, they can actually recall Clements back to Grimsby, even if it's just for the last few months, considering they are a relegation rival as well, and he's well capable of chipping in with a few goals like he did yesterday.  :o
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 18, 2018, 4:21am; Reply: 7
Would Clements want to come back after the way he has been treated, I would tell the club to intercourse off.

It can't be just down to Slade, the useless board must have sanctioned getting rid of him.

As for Dembele, we have to try to keep him as the last few games there has hardly been a hint of excitement.
Posted by: Kris2, February 18, 2018, 4:29am; Reply: 8
I don't think Dembele will stay with us tbh, by the summer he'll probably be getting more interest from elsewhere and will likely want to move. As for anyone else out of contract I think we should let them leave and start fresh. This squad has been infected by apathy and loss of passion. They've come to resent the fans for the most part and couldn't care less if we lose. I'm sure most of them want out anyway they'll just take the money and wait until their contract is up.

There is a very real chance that we go down again and when that happens a lot of this lot will just get to walk away because their contract is up or their loan finishes. I say let them. Start over and build a team and employ a manager with real passion and hunger for success then don't screw it up by getting rid of all our best players like we do every time. I'd like that to happen but I don't think it will. I think if we go down we'll have to be prepared for another couple of miserable seasons before we start seriously challenging for promotion like the last time.
Posted by: topuphere666, February 18, 2018, 7:06am; Reply: 9
Without a doubt it’s a complete Re build this summer, if we’re non league that task becomes a lot harder. Fenty has to get the appointment of a new manager 100% right and then back him financially.

I would like to see a ‘football brain’ appointed to support the current board in running a club, it’s evident that they currently don’t have a clue.
How was it passed at boardroom level that Slade could sign so many players? Then bring another 7 or whatever on loan.

There are probably only a handful of players I’d like to keep at the club but there are several more that we should of kept such as Pearson.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, February 18, 2018, 7:26am; Reply: 10
Another reality is the damage being done by what are loosely termed happy clappers. They were the ones who pleaded for patience under Woods and we went down.They were the ones who pleaded for patience in non league and it took us 6 years to escape (they would have you believe that`s a good thing ). Now though far fewer in number they will appeal to keep quiet stay behind the board and the the team and trust in them to get it right.they will use the argument we will have learned from past mistakes they will use the argument we all need to be behind the team no matter what (male masturbator signs and laughing at the fans perfectly acceptable).These are the people that will blindly go buy a season ticket whatever league were in with whatever manager in charge playing whatever brand of football with whatever couldn't care less attitude players.NO MORE these lot would have you believe they are real fans and the rest of us clueless whingers they are not better they are just blind and misguided.We are sleepwalking back to non league we may well escape this season but were nailed on to go down next because we do not learn from past mistakes. I have had enough so have hundreds if not thousands of others and the ONLY thing you can do what will hammer the point home is not renew your Season tickets.Ok if the board show some ambition and get a manager in and back him with real cash we can all get behind that it`s a sea change but if we see the normal head in the sand routine let`s do something about it.I implore everyone to think and if they must have a season ticket buy it on the day the season starts WE WANT BACK OUR FOOTBALL CLUB
Posted by: 75 (Guest), February 18, 2018, 10:22am; Reply: 11
Quoted from GrimRob
We'd be bonkers to let him go.

Hmmmmm, yes like not renewing the contracts of Magnay, Amond, Pearson, Andrew.

Shaun Pearson is a massive loss, we have no leaders. Scandalous, they are building a statue of him in Wrexham.
Posted by: Rick12, February 18, 2018, 10:35am; Reply: 12
Wouldent release Dembele .Guy on his day at this level is quality
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 6:35am