Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, February 15, 2018, 2:13pm
The telegraph have just tweeted asking if we would want Mark Sampson to be our manager.

If he steps foot in BP, don't expect to see me there again...
Posted by: Abdul19, February 15, 2018, 2:36pm; Reply: 1
Imagine the wacky accents in the post match interviews though. Banterriffic.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, February 15, 2018, 2:39pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
The telegraph have just tweeted asking if we would want Mark Sampson to be our manager.

If he steps foot in BP, don't expect to see me there again...

Why is that?
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, February 15, 2018, 2:41pm; Reply: 3

Why is that?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41617223
Posted by: livosnose, February 15, 2018, 2:53pm; Reply: 4
Just imagine what wonders he could do with Sam Kelly who tackles like one...... :D
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, February 15, 2018, 3:41pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

So are you ruling out everyone who may or may not have a blot on their character?  Should be a pretty short list I would imagine.
Posted by: Ipswin, February 15, 2018, 4:15pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

FFS you have just ruled out 99% of football managers,

'Aluko had said the FA was "dismissive" when she first claimed Sampson told her to make sure her Nigerian relatives did not bring the Ebola virus to the friendly against Germany at Wembley in November 2014.'  Sense of humour bypass or what?

Posted by: ginnywings, February 15, 2018, 4:27pm; Reply: 7
Who had to google Mark Sampson?  :-/
Posted by: Bigdog, February 15, 2018, 4:48pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from ginnywings
Who had to google Mark Sampson?  :-/

Never enjoyed reading any of his books..
Posted by: Rick12, February 15, 2018, 4:53pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
No one is perfect.Forgive him and move on for the better

Posted by: Balthazar Bullitt, February 15, 2018, 4:55pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Ipswin

'Aluko had said the FA was "dismissive" when she first claimed Sampson told her to make sure her Nigerian relatives did not bring the Ebola virus to the friendly against Germany at Wembley in November 2014.'  Sense of humour bypass or what?

"Or what" is the answer

It's just a banana Cyrille, where's your sense of humour?

It may be that he's undergone some equality and diversity training and is now fully aware of the reasons why his "banter" was deemed to be racist. Perhaps you could ask him where to enrol?

Anyway I'm off to juice some granola before putting on my sandals and finding a tree to hug.
Posted by: devs, February 15, 2018, 5:03pm; Reply: 11
I love the racists on the Fishy
Makes me proud to support GTFC

Anyway I'm off in my time capsule back to the 70s to make gratuitous references to a person's skin colour and any other mindless, knuckle dragging comments that shows I have the intelligence of a cardboard box
Posted by: Ipswin, February 15, 2018, 5:06pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from devs

Anyway I'm off in my time capsule back to the 70s to make gratuitous references to a person's skin colour and any other mindless, knuckle dragging comments that shows I have the intelligence of a cardboard box

You think going back to the 70s is going to up your IQ

Posted by: devs, February 15, 2018, 5:09pm; Reply: 13
That's what I love about racist right wingers
Always provide a lucid argument to back up their thoughts...

IQ of 70 - about twice the size of yours then...
Posted by: Marinerz93, February 15, 2018, 5:17pm; Reply: 14
Sampsons not racist, here is a clip of him shaking hands with people of colour.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/zyOvRmg.gif[/img]
Posted by: forza ivano, February 15, 2018, 5:19pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Ipswin

you are a complete tw*t ipswin. no wonder jf told you where to get off. he has my full support

no doubt you'll be hoping the weather warms up for saturday, coz as we all know our darkies can't play their limbo dancing samba style football when its cold. feckin moron
Posted by: devs, February 15, 2018, 5:26pm; Reply: 16
Well said Forza!
Posted by: Marinerz93, February 15, 2018, 5:42pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from forza ivano

you are a complete tw*t ipswin. no wonder jf told you where to get off. he has my full support

no doubt you'll be hoping the weather warms up for saturday, coz as we all know our darkies can't play their limbo dancing samba style football when its cold. feckin moron

Ipswin and JF are bezzies after a brief exchange of PM's, where you been Forza
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, February 15, 2018, 6:25pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from devs

Where were the racist comments? (Serious question)
Posted by: Croxton, February 15, 2018, 6:59pm; Reply: 19
Mark Sampson is a provocative shout but that does not excuse the abuse Ipswin is getting. He did not argue for Sampson, simply highlighted the awkwardness of a joke gone wrong. Ipswin can give and take but we all have to moderate our response to an opposing view.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, February 15, 2018, 7:08pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from devs
That's what I love about racist right wingers
Always provide a lucid argument to back up their thoughts...

IQ of 70 - about twice the size of yours then...

His argument was so poor you have shown him the way. By repeating his argument back. ;D

There are no racist right wingers on here that I know of. There are some people with a more rounded and balanced view of the world and all its peculiarities who don't get sucked into the latest witch hunt though.
Posted by: moosey_club, February 15, 2018, 8:19pm; Reply: 21
Would rather we went back to rumouring Hope Powell....Sampsons tactics with the cream of Englands women footballers was to play route one and score from set pieces.
Posted by: TAGG, February 15, 2018, 8:22pm; Reply: 22
We don't need another one who has run a women's team šŸ˜‚
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 15, 2018, 8:34pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Croxton
Mark Sampson is a provocative shout but that does not excuse the abuse Ipswin is getting. He did not argue for Sampson, simply highlighted the awkwardness of a joke gone wrong. Ipswin can give and take but we all have to moderate our response to an opposing view.

Define the word "joke" in relation to this. In fact look in the dictionary and let us all know when you find out a definition that says comments at the expense of others ethnicity, self esteem or feelings.    

Racism is not funny!
Posted by: forza ivano, February 15, 2018, 8:40pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Croxton

Bollox croxton. The dispute is not about ipswin championing Sampson, it's about calling out his casual racism.
And I don't have to moderate opposing racist attitudes.
You probably thought Jim Davidson and Bernard manning were great comedians who were just having a bit of banter with the blackies.

Red Cross away folks.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 15, 2018, 8:45pm; Reply: 25
What Forza said.
Posted by: Croxton, February 15, 2018, 9:25pm; Reply: 26
Thought you despised the mob mentality Herts, yet here you are having two pops to back up the outraged Forza. Read the post man! I did not call it a joke. Don't patronise me about racism when you know nothing about me. I simply think all of you have sufficient education and Fishy nous to make your point with a little more dignity whoever you address.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 15, 2018, 10:08pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Croxton
Thought you despised the mob mentality Herts, yet here you are having two pops to back up the outraged Forza. Read the post man! I did not call it a joke. Don't patronise me about racism when you know nothing about me. I simply think all of you have sufficient education and Fishy nous to make your point with a little more dignity whoever you address.

Iā€™d rather agree with Forzaā€™s comments than try to defend casual racism...... maybe thatā€™s me maybe Iā€™m undignified but Iā€™ll take that in this case.

Posted by: forza ivano, February 15, 2018, 10:11pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Ipswin

Read the post again croxton. Ipswin is saying that Aluko had a sense of humour bypass about sampsons racist comments. This is what I despise, at no time has the argument been about the suitability of Sampson as a manager.
And by the way, don't try to deny what you said. You did call it a joke. I quote 'simply highlighted the awkwardness of a joke gone wrong'
Perhaps you could explain to me (as I've obviously had a sense of humour bypass) how sampsons comments were funny, or at best could even be interpreted as a joke?

PS 11,500 people died from the Ebola outbreak. Great comedy material
Posted by: Croxton, February 15, 2018, 10:20pm; Reply: 29
Eye bulging, finger jabbing, slavering nonsense Forza. Have the decency to get to know someone before invoking the Bernard Manning, Jim Davidson cheap jibes. If you have an issue with Ipswin personal message him or is virtue signalling via your abuse of me your daily fix of self righteousness?
Ask yourself why there are far more readers of this site than posters. Herts always seemed a smart  guy but seconding your rant was disappointing to say the least. Now, back to Saturday.
Posted by: forza ivano, February 15, 2018, 10:28pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Croxton
Eye bulging, finger jabbing, slavering nonsense Forza. Have the decency to get to know someone before invoking the Bernard Manning, Jim Davidson cheap jibes. If you have an issue with Ipswin personal message him or is virtue signalling via your abuse of me your daily fix of self righteousness?
Ask yourself why there are far more readers of this site than posters. Herts always seemed a smart  guy but seconding your rant was disappointing to say the least. Now, back to Saturday.

Nothing like a bit of hyperbole to try and divert attention away from the fact that you fail to respond to the points raised nor attempt to answer the questions posed.
If your adjectives describe someone opposing casual racism, then guilty all day, and not in the least bit ashamed
Posted by: Croxton, February 15, 2018, 10:38pm; Reply: 31
Just because the word 'joke' appears in my sentence does not mean I think it remotely funny or that I defend Sampson or Ipswin. I am clearly referring to what I take to be Sampsons intentions. Surely you can see there is a big difference!
My whole point is about your own and Herts' intemperance in response. I feel like the boxing ref who tries to separate the fighters and gets clocked.
Your sneering, arrogant reference to the Ebola deaths is contemptible.
Posted by: forza ivano, February 15, 2018, 10:48pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from Croxton
Just because the word 'joke' appears in my sentence does not mean I think it remotely funny or that I defend Sampson or Ipswin. I am clearly referring to what I take to be Sampsons intentions. Surely you can see there is a big difference!
My whole point is about your own and Herts' intemperance in response. I feel like the boxing ref who tries to separate the fighters and gets clocked.
Your sneering, arrogant reference to the Ebola deaths is contemptible.

Eye bulging, finger jabbing slavering nonsense croxton. Didn't think you'd be so intemperate in your responses, especially if you are such a neutral , well meaning referee.
Quite how you manage to desribe a simple sentence of fact as sneering, arrogant and contemptible rather shows the weakness of your argument.
ps I note you haven't bothered to pm me, despite being good enough to advise me that that was the way to raise any concerns I might have.
Do as I say, not as I do, obviously
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, February 15, 2018, 10:54pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Define the word "joke" in relation to this. In fact look in the dictionary and let us all know when you find out a definition that says comments at the expense of others ethnicity, self esteem or feelings.    

Racism is not funny!

Last time I checked, hurting someones self esteem or feelings isn't racist!

I don't condone Sampsons comments or actions for one minute but unfortunately we live in a society where people are absolutely desperate to be offended - even if an alleged incident or comment has nothing whatsoever to do with them.  And by this I don't mean Aluko or any of the other players that made complaints!
Posted by: Croxton, February 15, 2018, 10:57pm; Reply: 34
Hyperbole? It was you who grasped at the Manning, Davidson tropes!
What questions or points raised? It is not for me to explain anything about the pathetic Sampson, about his remarks or Ipswin's post because they are not my comments. There is nothing for me to answer other than to request again that you be a little more measured when accusing fellow posters of racism. Let's not bore the backsides off everyone else with this.
Posted by: Marinerz93, February 15, 2018, 10:58pm; Reply: 35
The thing with Sampsons remark to Aluko is what sort of relationship did he have with her and did he think he was being clever at the time. Sometimes the boundaries between people at work can be a grey area and people can say the most ridiculous things as throw away comments. I used to work with a lad from Birmingham who was black and he used to say to young white lads have you ever been hit by a spade and I don't mean a shovel. He would laugh his head off at the look on their faces.
Posted by: Croxton, February 15, 2018, 11:13pm; Reply: 36
As you well know Forza, you included the ' simple sentence of fact' as a device to guilt/ shock/ remind the Fishy family of an enormous tragedy which was never traduced by me.  A device which you hoped would put you on the higher moral ground. My device, the 'eye bulging' nonsense was intended to get you to reflect on how you seem to come across.
Posted by: Grantley, February 15, 2018, 11:32pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Croxton
As you well know Forza, you included the ' simple sentence of fact' as a device to guilt/ shock/ remind the Fishy family of an enormous tragedy which was never traduced by me.  A device which you hoped would put you on the higher moral ground. My device, the 'eye bulging' nonsense was intended to get you to reflect on how you seem to come across.

Weird old man.
Posted by: Rick12, February 16, 2018, 6:59am; Reply: 38
Quoted from Grantley

Weird old man.
Hes just giving his opinion Grantley and to be fair to him comes across as quite intelligent

Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 16, 2018, 7:08am; Reply: 39
Read up on the equalities act it will tell you pretty much all you know about this situation and why Sampsonā€s comments over stepped the mark.
Posted by: Rick12, February 16, 2018, 7:13am; Reply: 40
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Read up on the equalities act it will tell you pretty much all you know about this situation and why Sampsonā€s comments over stepped the mark.
Your right he did overstep the mark but perfection doesn't exist in anything in this earthly life.All we can do is try and improve for the better which for some is sometimes easier said than done .
Posted by: Father Christmas, February 16, 2018, 7:44am; Reply: 41
Iā€™m black and I donā€™t find it racist m. I wouldnā€™t want my relatives to be infected by the virus either.
Posted by: Dan, February 16, 2018, 9:57am; Reply: 42
Once again this forum condones racism. Got of a bit of a chequered history with this haven't we?
Posted by: TAGG, February 16, 2018, 10:02am; Reply: 43
Quoted from Dan
Once again this forum condones racism. Got of a bit of a chequered history with this haven't we?

No
Posted by: Marinerz93, February 16, 2018, 11:52am; Reply: 44
Quoted from Dan

So you are calling Father Christmas racist from his post above yours, you are going to be on Santa'a naughty list, expect coal for Christmas next year.

Sometimes Dan I find people are all too easily offended on someone else's behalf, how do you feel about mainly African Americans calling each other 'my black person'? Surely it is racist to label them African Americans, surely they should just be Americans, because white Americans should be labeled European Americans by all things fair.
Posted by: codcheeky, February 16, 2018, 12:18pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from Dan

The irony is those defending Sampson cannot see those arguments have been lost far in the past in most parts of the country. Casual racism(and not so casual) is rife among sections of Town fans, anyone who has followed Town away knows this unless they are completely blinkered.
I am not racist but......
Posted by: Grim74, February 16, 2018, 12:19pm; Reply: 46
Comedy is dead on the fishy don't joke about anyone or anything the could offend the easily offended, unless it's Trump or farage  of course.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, February 16, 2018, 12:21pm; Reply: 47
Anyway, he's a leading contender for the Cambridge job
Posted by: Grim74, February 16, 2018, 12:37pm; Reply: 48
Which one? šŸ˜‚
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, February 16, 2018, 3:28pm; Reply: 49
The last season in the conference when we played Aldershot away, one older bloke who I see at the majority of away matches, drunk as a fart. As Rhys Browne, who was at Aldershot at the time, was near our fans the bloke shouted: "why don't you intercourse off you black girl private!" So I pulled him up on it and started to have a go at him (verbally), he apologised immediately and said he shouldn't have used the word "girl private" oblivious to the reason I was angry.  

Having moved away, I've realised that Grimsby is a very racist place (please don't confuse that, I'm not saying everyone in Grimsby is a racist).
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, February 16, 2018, 4:01pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
The last season in the conference when we played Aldershot away, one older bloke who I see at the majority of away matches, drunk as a fart. As Rhys Browne, who was at Aldershot at the time, was near our fans the bloke shouted: "why don't you intercourse off you black girl private!" So I pulled him up on it and started to have a go at him (verbally), he apologised immediately and said he shouldn't have used the word "girl private" oblivious to the reason I was angry.  

Having moved away, I've realised that Grimsby is a very racist place (please don't confuse that, I'm not saying everyone in Grimsby is a racist).

Drunken fans can be a menace, as I have experienced myself on a number of occasions.

I think by your reckoning though, most places in the UK who have a professional team would be racist. Its one heck of a stretch to say Grimsby is racist on the strength of a drunken fan at Aldershot.

How many people in Grimsby would behave like that?
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 16, 2018, 4:21pm; Reply: 51
Sampson is not coming here if Cambridge want him,

So end of conversation me thinks,

PS  He is a little racist and there are plenty more out there that are as well,

Anybody remember Ron Atkinson's comments on radio a few years back ?
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, February 16, 2018, 4:24pm; Reply: 52

Drunken fans can be a menace, as I have experienced myself on a number of occasions.

I think by your reckoning though, most places in the UK who have a professional team would be racist. Its one heck of a stretch to say Grimsby is racist on the strength of a drunken fan at Aldershot.

How many people in Grimsby would behave like that?

That's some weird behind logic there...

I base my opinion on numerous things, not just one drunken bloke at a football match. Having moved away in 2004 and lived in numerous places, I base my opinion on my observations everytime I visit.  I can't comment on every place in the UK with a football team as I haven't been to them all or lived there.  

However feel free to twist anything I say to fit your agenda.

Posted by: Marinerz93, February 16, 2018, 4:48pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from Father Christmas
Iā€™m black and I donā€™t find it racist m. I wouldnā€™t want my relatives to be infected by the virus either.

Father Christmas you have 4 red crosses against you, it seems there are some special snowflakes out there that are offended you're not offended.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, February 16, 2018, 6:08pm; Reply: 54
Guys I feel I must apologise here. I was the one who put on the telegraph blog about Sampson being a possible option which obviously led to them tweeting the question. I had no idea it would create this storm of racist 'tension' if you will.

Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, February 16, 2018, 6:12pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
Guys I feel I must apologise here. I was the one who put on the telegraph blog about Sampson being a possible option which obviously led to them tweeting the question. I had no idea it would create this storm of racist 'tension' if you will.

No need to apologise. We are just having a debate.
Posted by: Father Christmas, February 16, 2018, 8:14pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from Marinerz93

Father Christmas you have 4 red crosses against you, it seems there are some special snowflakes out there that are offended you're not offended.

Should I be offended that theyā€™re offended?  ;D

Iā€™d say the offended are in the same bunch thatā€™s offended by Donald trump for not being offended by them for being offended.

Too many people are too quick to be offended.

Posted by: Civvy at last, February 16, 2018, 8:38pm; Reply: 57

Iā€™d say the offended are in the same bunch thatā€™s offended by Donald trump for not being offended by them for being offended.

But surely theyā€™ll be offended by you accusing them of being too quick to be offended.

No offence intended šŸ˜‰
Posted by: codcheeky, February 16, 2018, 9:23pm; Reply: 58

Iā€™d say the offended are in the same bunch thatā€™s offense's by Donald trump for not being offended by them for being offended.

You have every right not to be offended, but you not speak for the majority of black people, you say people are too quick to be offended, perhaps you and others are too quick to accept this casual racism which is the thin end of the wedge, when would you be offended?  Jokes about chalky as a characature ? Back to the monkey noises and bananas?
People have fought for years and are still fighting for an end to discrimination of all kinds, the moment we turn a blind eye or laugh along with the pack we take a step backwards.  
What Trump has to do with this I have no idea, that he seems to many to be unfit for office is an American problem. Calling people snowflakes as some on here do because they are willing to stand up against discrimination is a childish right wing distraction
Posted by: Grim74, February 16, 2018, 9:33pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from grimsby pete
Sampson is not coming here if Cambridge want him,

So end of conversation me thinks,

PS  He is a little racist and there are plenty more out there that are as well,

Anybody remember Ron Atkinson's comments on radio a few years back ?

I don't agree Pete the only thing Samson is guilty off is political incorrectness!
As for big Ron look past the headlines regarding his offensive comment and you will find that he's certainly no Racist.  
Posted by: TAGG, February 16, 2018, 9:50pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from devs

Ah that's where you get clothes from Jeremy šŸ‘
Posted by: Marinerz93, February 16, 2018, 9:53pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from codcheeky

You have every right not to be offended, but you not speak for the majority of black people, you say people are too quick to be offended, perhaps you and others are too quick to accept this casual racism which is the thin end of the wedge, when would you be offended?  Jokes about chalky as a characature ? Back to the monkey noises and bananas?
People have fought for years and are still fighting for an end to discrimination of all kinds, the moment we turn a blind eye or laugh along with the pack we take a step backwards.  
What Trump has to do with this I have no idea, that he seems to many to be unfit for office is an American problem. Calling people snowflakes as some on here do because they are willing to stand up against discrimination is a childish right wing distraction

Your post is the sort of post an extreme left wing snowflake would say, over blown your point to prove a point just because your over sensitive snowflake feelings have been hurt.

Have you carried out a survey to see if the majority side with Father Christmas or not, if not you can not have a go at him can you because of how you feel.

Trump has been mentioned because what he said about immigrants coming from excrement hole countries namely Africa and Haiti, and pronouncing Namibia incorrectly.

[youtube]e-Odk4n_KeY[/youtube]

[youtube]yErxUqzXGx4[/youtube]

Did the inhabitants of these excrement hole countries act like left wing snowflakes with sand in their vaginas no, they gave it back.

[youtube]XCz66YlNbPQ[/youtube]
Posted by: codcheeky, February 16, 2018, 10:15pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from Marinerz93

Your post is the sort of post an extreme left wing snowflake would say, over blown your point to prove a point just because your over sensitive snowflake feelings have been hurt.

Have you carried out a survey to see if the majority side with Father Christmas or not, if not you can not have a go at him can you because of how you feel.

Trump has been mentioned because what he said about immigrants coming from excrement hole countries namely Africa and Haiti, and pronouncing Namibia incorrectly.

[youtube]e-Odk4n_KeY[/youtube]

[youtube]v=yErxUqzXGx4[/youtube]

Did the inhabitants of these excrement hole countries act like left wing snowflakes with sand in their vaginas no, they gave it back.

[youtube]XCz66YlNbPQ[/youtube]

I am not a extreme left winger, but I do believe in a fairer society and that many industries would be much better and safer in public ownership.
Snowflake is a strange term from a man without an argument, if it means I would rather have peace than war and harmony over conflict then I will take it as a compliment.
  If a country that will let it's kids be slaughtered on a regular basis is not a shithole then where is? Trump was put there with the help of the Russians and the hopeless Hilary, and he is slowly destroying American credibility around the world as Putin hoped he would.

My son in law is black and he certainty does not believe this sort of thing by a England manager is acceptable.  The people you would have called snowflakes for standing up to fascists in the past fought and died for your freedom and do not forget they did not rush to vote for Churchill, but a left wing government which was perhaps the greatest in this countries history.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, February 16, 2018, 10:47pm; Reply: 63
I wonder what a venn diagram would look like for people who use the term snowflake and people who secretly wish they could just say explicitly racist things without being held to account.
Posted by: Marinerz93, February 16, 2018, 11:03pm; Reply: 64
Quoted from codcheeky

I am not a extreme left winger, but I do believe in a fairer society and that many industries would be much better and safer in public ownership.
Snowflake is a strange term from a man without an argument, if it means I would rather have peace than war and harmony over conflict then I will take it as a compliment.
  If a country that will let it's kids be slaughtered on a regular basis is not a shithole then where is? Trump was put there with the help of the Russians and the hopeless Hilary, and he is slowly destroying American credibility around the world as Putin hoped he would.

My son in law is black and he certainty does not believe this sort of thing by a England manager is acceptable.  The people you would have called snowflakes for standing up to fascists in the past fought and died for your freedom and do not forget they did not rush to vote for Churchill, but a left wing government which was perhaps the greatest in this countries history.

I appreciate that your son in-law may be offended by Samsons comment but like I said in an earlier post we don't know what their relationship was like, if there was no relationship and he made the comments to offend her then there is no defence of that but blowing everything out of proportion when we don't have the full facts is what winds people up and causes debates to get heated.

I listen to a lot of music and often I will absorb my self into various genres, I came across Billie Holiday and a song called Strange Fruit. I found it quite dark so looked into what the song was about, what I read and saw horrified me. It changed my outlook on life, and how we view things we either grow up being told or perceive.

[youtube]c52ElU5tQNo[/youtube].
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, February 16, 2018, 11:06pm; Reply: 65
I'd say from her actions that it's fair to say she didn't think it was funny and she was offended.
Posted by: Marinerz93, February 16, 2018, 11:13pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I'd say from her actions that it's fair to say she didn't think it was funny and she was offended.

Had he made remarks of a similar nature before or was this the first and was ebola in Nigeria at the time. Some people are easily offended and humourless.
Posted by: forza ivano, February 17, 2018, 1:50am; Reply: 67
Quoted from Marinerz93

Had he made remarks of a similar nature before or was this the first and was ebola in Nigeria at the time. Some people are easily offended and humourless.

I'm definitely easily offended.11,500 people isn't funny. And to say it someone from Lagos is simply offensive. Just to put t into context, Nigeria had Ebola under control within 2-3 weeks,whichwho acknowledged as a huge achievement
Interesting to look back at the posts.anyone expressing anti racist views get black marks, the closet racists and their supporters get a majority of pluses. Shame on you
Posted by: Rick12, February 17, 2018, 9:21am; Reply: 68
Quoted from Grim74

I don't agree Pete the only thing Samson is guilty off is political incorrectness!
As for big Ron look past the headlines regarding his offensive comment and you will find that he's certainly no Racist.  

Would tend to agree.Casual racism eg "John Terrys comment some years back" does not necessarily equate to a out and out racist.Nowadays anything to do with any semblance of racism people are quick to jump on the bandwagon and vilify it yet other things get less attention and critique which are just as damaging eg discriminatory behaviour against unattractive people eg double standards me thinks!!
Posted by: ginnywings, February 17, 2018, 9:24am; Reply: 69
Quoted from Rick12

Would tend to agree.Casual racism eg "John Terrys comments some years back" does not necessarily equate to a out and out racist.Nowadays anything to do with any semblance of racism people are quick to jump on the bandwagon and vilify it yet other things get less attention and critique which are just as damaging eg discriminatory behaviour against fat and unattractive people eg double standards me thinks!!

I just stay out of the public eye.  ::)
Posted by: Rick12, February 17, 2018, 9:31am; Reply: 70
Quoted from ginnywings

I just stay out of the public eye.  ::)
Although your comment is tongue in cheek  it shouldent be the case Ginny .People making others feel bad are the ones with the problem .
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, February 17, 2018, 9:36am; Reply: 71
Quoted from Marinerz93

I appreciate that your son in-law may be offended by Samsons comment but like I said in an earlier post we don't know what their relationship was like, if there was no relationship and he made the comments to offend her then there is no defence of that but blowing everything out of proportion when we don't have the full facts is what winds people up and causes debates to get heated.

I listen to a lot of music and often I will absorb my self into various genres, I came across Billie Holiday and a song called Strange Fruit. I found it quite dark so looked into what the song was about, what I read and saw horrified me. It changed my outlook on life, and how we view things we either grow up being told or perceive.

[youtube]c52ElU5tQNo[/youtube].

Yet despite your social awakening by a song about black people being lynched you think Aluko's reaction to the suggestion her family are likely to have ebola is a sense of humour failure?
Posted by: codcheeky, February 17, 2018, 9:53am; Reply: 72
Quoted from Rick12
Although your comment is tongue in cheek  it shouldent be the case Ginny .People making others feel bad are the ones with the problem .

So what you are saying is because it is racist it's OK but if they were fat and ugly it's not?
All discrimination, bullying and hatred is bad, but if you believe this you may be called a snowflake.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, February 17, 2018, 9:55am; Reply: 73
You've got to feel for the likes of 'Brave JT' and 'Big Ron' though. You can't even say or do racist things without being branded a racist nowadays.
Posted by: Rick12, February 17, 2018, 9:55am; Reply: 74
Quoted from codcheeky

So what you are saying is because it is racist it's OK but if they were fat and ugly it's not?
All discrimination, bullying and hatred is bad, but if you believe this you may be called a snowflake.
Youve missed my point.All types of discriminatory behaviour are wrong
Posted by: Grim74, February 17, 2018, 10:47am; Reply: 75
Nobody absolutely nobody not even the queen has the right to be offended!!!! why oh why can't these social justice warriors understand this šŸ™„

There is no place for hate speech, hate crime, racism and bullying and rightly so we have laws for this, so try and embrace being offended you lefty's because nothing happensšŸ˜‚
https://youtu.be/ceS_jkKjIgo
Posted by: codcheeky, February 17, 2018, 10:53am; Reply: 76
Quoted from Grim74
Nobody absolutely nobody not even the queen has the right to be offended!!!! why oh why can't these social justice warriors understand this šŸ™„

There is no place for hate speech, hate crime, racism and bullying and rightly so we have laws for this, so try and embrace being offended you lefty's because nothing happensšŸ˜‚

If you said nobody has the right to offend people I may agree with you, but to say you cannot take offence is total nonsense
Posted by: golfer, February 17, 2018, 11:10am; Reply: 77
Quoted from Rick12

Would tend to agree.Casual racism eg "John Terrys comment some years back" does not necessarily equate to a out and out racist.Nowadays anything to do with any semblance of racism people are quick to jump on the bandwagon and vilify it yet other things get less attention and critique which are just as damaging eg discriminatory behaviour against fat and unattractive people eg double standards me thinks!!

If every fat and unattractive person left The Fishy there would only be Father Xmas and myself left-at least I wouldn't get so many x's for running out of inki .
Posted by: Rick12, February 17, 2018, 11:48am; Reply: 78
Quoted from golfer

If every fat and unattractive person left The Fishy there would only be Father Xmas and myself left-at least I wouldn't get so many x's for running out of inki .
:)

Without variety life wouldent continue.Lets embrace it

Posted by: TAGG, February 17, 2018, 12:37pm; Reply: 79
Quoted from Grim74

Steve Hughes absolutely nail on head.
Best post on here this year on the most boring thread of the decade.
21st century the century of being offended so intercourse off you left wing, momentum fascist male masturbators.
Posted by: moosey_club, February 17, 2018, 12:58pm; Reply: 80
Quoted from golfer

Count me in as being offended now.
Posted by: codcheeky, February 17, 2018, 1:19pm; Reply: 81
Quoted from TAGG

Steve Hughes absolutely nail on head.
Best post on here this year on the most boring thread of the decade.
21st century the century of being offended so intercourse off you left wing, momentum fascist male masturbators.

I will defend my right to offend anyone I like because hatred and bigotry make me feel better?
You have so much hate. The 21st Century should be the one where we  can aim to live together without thinking we are better because of our race, religion shape or size.
  Hopefully we can point out racist remarks as Aluko did from Sampson, maybe he did not intend it to be racist, but it will certainly make others in authority think about their "jokes" in future and that can only be a good thing and hopefully Sampson has learned a valuable lesson
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, February 17, 2018, 1:31pm; Reply: 82
Quoted from codcheeky

I will defend my right to offend anyone I like because hatred and bigotry make me feel better?
You have so much hate. The 21st Century should be the one where we  can aim to live together without thinking we are better because of our race, religion shape or size.
  Hopefully we can point out racist remarks as Aluko did from Sampson, maybe he did not intend it to be racist, but it will certainly make others in authority think about their "jokes" in future and that can only be a good thing and hopefully Sampson has learned a valuable lesson

A casual remark, or  poor joke is not being racist. I doubt very much indeed that Mark Sampson is racist and he certainly did not mean to cause offence. There would be very few people to escape your censorship as they would have to be so careful about what they said to make absolutely sure that nobody, anywhere was offended.

I try to judge people by their actions, not what they say which may or may not be misconstrued. I don't think what he said warrants this level of criticism.
Posted by: Grim74, February 17, 2018, 1:36pm; Reply: 83
Quoted from codcheeky

Being a bit childish now Cod as you have lost the argument, but I think you're slowly getting there because as you've alluded to in your post... it's all about the intent. Can you accept Sampson and even Atkinson never intended to cause offence.
Posted by: codcheeky, February 17, 2018, 1:42pm; Reply: 84

A casual remark, or  poor joke is not being racist. I doubt very much indeed that Mark Sampson is racist and he certainly did not mean to cause offence. There would be very few people to escape your censorship as they would have to be so careful about what they said to make absolutely sure that nobody, anywhere was offended.

I try to judge people by their actions, not what they say which may or may not be misconstrued. I don't think what he said warrants this level of criticism.

But what he said casually or not was racist and serious enough for him to lose his job, are you saying institutional racism should just be accepted? What is funny about Ebola ?
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, February 17, 2018, 1:49pm; Reply: 85
Quoted from codcheeky

But what he said casually or not was racist and serious enough for him to lose his job, are you saying institutional racism should just be accepted? What is funny about Ebola ?

I am saying he should not have lost his job over something so silly. You disagree which is fair enough.
Posted by: TAGG, February 17, 2018, 2:41pm; Reply: 86
Quoted from codcheeky

So when did I meet you you fascist intercourse wit???..
Posted by: Marinerz93, February 17, 2018, 3:56pm; Reply: 87
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

Yet despite your social awakening by a song about black people being lynched you think Aluko's reaction to the suggestion her family are likely to have ebola is a sense of humour failure?

Maybe you should try a bit of social awakening yourself then maybe, just maybe, you wouldn't be crying and so precious. The investigation stated that Sampson made derogatory remarks but they didn't find him racist and if you looked at the report you'll find she didn't find it racist at the time only some months later when she complained. Aluko did not make reference to the comment in her initial letter of grievance to Ashworth in May 2016, only referring to it in detail in an interview with the BBC in August this year. So it took her 2 years to be offended. Shame some of you extreme left wing white hating snowflakes don't take 2 years to be offended, there again by all the crying on here I think some of you snowflakes were born offended. maybe you can complete that venn diagram adding cry baby snowflakes and their hurt feelings Rodley.
Posted by: MarinerWY, February 17, 2018, 5:29pm; Reply: 88
Quoted from Marinerz93

Maybe you should try a bit of social awakening yourself then maybe, just maybe, you wouldn't be crying and so precious. The investigation stated that Sampson made derogatory remarks but they didn't find him racist and if you looked at the report you'll find she didn't find it racist at the time only some months later when she complained. Aluko did not make reference to the comment in her initial letter of grievance to Ashworth in May 2016, only referring to it in detail in an interview with the BBC in August this year. So it took her 2 years to be offended. Shame some of you extreme left wing white hating snowflakes don't take 2 years to be offended, there again by all the crying on here I think some of you snowflakes were born offended. maybe you can complete that venn diagram adding cry baby snowflakes and their hurt feelings Rodley.

Oh the irony.
Posted by: Civvy at last, February 17, 2018, 5:30pm; Reply: 89
Quoted from moosey_club

Count me in as being offended now.

Are you offended on one count or two ?

As long as jug ears, baldness and being a gobby dwarf donā€™t get mentioned I just might be ok  ;)
Posted by: sam gy, February 18, 2018, 2:50am; Reply: 90
Quoted from Grim74
Comedy is dead on the fishy don't joke about anyone or anything the could offend the easily offended, unless it's Trump or farage  of course.

I know man, you canā€™t even be racist anymore. FFS, snowflakes etc.
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 11:10am