Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Cayman_mariner, February 14, 2018, 5:29pm
Replying to @GrimsbyTownPR
Lad who I know just posted on FB Killip and Hooper fighting today at training 😂

4:53 AM - 13 Feb 2018

Just seen this from a Town fan on Twitter about Town players alledgedly fighting at training.  

Anyone else heard any news about this?  If true, then with this and the Osborne-Summerfield incident its doesn't say much about the unity in the camp.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, February 14, 2018, 6:32pm; Reply: 1
I'd be surprised if Hooper could be arsed. Technically talented with the heart of a gnat.
Posted by: H19P1, February 14, 2018, 6:42pm; Reply: 2
Think it actually shows that they care and are trying hard to turn things around. Nothing wrong with showing suffering of this current climate that we're going through.

I'm relieved in a way, shows passion and fight still in there belly's.

Cone on Town let's kick on
Posted by: Father Christmas, February 14, 2018, 6:51pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from H19P1
Think it actually shows that they care and are trying hard to turn things around. Nothing wrong with showing suffering of this current climate that we're going through.

I'm relieved in a way, shows passion and fight still in there belly's.

Cone on Town let's kick on

Apparently he kicked his dog
Posted by: sam gy, February 14, 2018, 7:27pm; Reply: 4
Who gives a excrement? Handbags in training happens all the time, always has always will.

I know nowadays everything is posted on social media and that, but I’m personally not interested in having the club provide a soap opera type role in my life!
Posted by: Maringer, February 14, 2018, 7:39pm; Reply: 5
From the thread title, I assumed it was just a criticism of modern-day metrosexual footballers. They probably wear guyliner as well.
Posted by: golfer, February 14, 2018, 7:44pm; Reply: 6
It turns out Hooper had a shot and knocked the wing mirror off Killips car which was parked near the halfway line.
Posted by: Civvy at last, February 14, 2018, 7:47pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Maringer
From the thread title, I assumed it was just a criticism of modern-day metrosexual footballers. They probably wear guyliner as well.

I believe it’s compulsory at Mansfield 😉
Posted by: jonnyboy82, February 14, 2018, 8:05pm; Reply: 8
Hooper threw a punch which inevitably missed it's target.
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 14, 2018, 8:18pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Hooper threw a punch which inevitably missed it's target.

More like Hooper tried a headbutt but missed it's target   :)

Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, February 14, 2018, 8:22pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Cayman_mariner
Replying to @GrimsbyTownPR
Lad who I know just posted on FB Killip and Hooper fighting today at training 😂

4:53 AM - 13 Feb 2018

Just seen this from a Town fan on Twitter about Town players alledgedly fighting at training.  

Anyone else heard any news about this?  If true, then with this and the Osborne-Summerfield incident its doesn't say much about the unity in the camp.

Did you ever play football.

Remember many a training night, which always ended with a game, that ended with punches being exchanged. Always forgotten soon as you were back in the bar after a shower and normally became the focal point of the nights p...taking.
Posted by: Cayman_mariner, February 14, 2018, 8:32pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Remember many a training night, which always ended with a game, that ended with punches being exchanged. Always forgotten soon as you were back in the bar after a shower and normally became the focal point of the nights p...taking.

Yes Lincoln I do and agree with what you say in isolation. But with the incident at Yeovil of players booked for squaring up to each other during a match I found it a little bit more concerning.
And to be honest I was surprised given this was after Slade had gone as I figured there might have been a better feeling or relief in the camp if Slades tactics were as unpopular as suggested. Maybe Hooper is worried that the only person who still saw him as a viable option has left the building!  

Either way, Original post was just to ask if anyone else had heard anything and to gauge if there was any truth in the rumour.  Speculation was rife on here last year after the Henderson/Bignot incident so figured someone may have heard something.  
Posted by: LH, February 14, 2018, 8:37pm; Reply: 12
Wasn’t that Bignot/Henderson just a massive misunderstanding and the phrase “thrown under the bus” got the chinese whispers effect on it?
Posted by: ginnywings, February 14, 2018, 8:48pm; Reply: 13
Players under pressure, it happens. Not concerned at all.
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 14, 2018, 8:51pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from ginnywings
Players under pressure, it happens. Not concerned at all.

Are they under that much pressure, some don't play like they are and at the end of the day they are going to get paid no matter what happens on the pitch.
Posted by: ginnywings, February 14, 2018, 8:54pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from arryarryarry

Are they under that much pressure, some don't play like they are and at the end of the day they are going to get paid no matter what happens on the pitch.

They haven't won for 12 games, of course they are under pressure.
Posted by: Abdul19, February 14, 2018, 9:00pm; Reply: 16
I wish this was true so that we could sack Hooper
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 14, 2018, 9:05pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Agree but unless I am missing something you did it for enjoyment they are meant to be "professional" footballers.
Posted by: Marinerz93, February 14, 2018, 9:28pm; Reply: 18
Hooper probably shot past Killip and killip said 'you've blasted the ball miles away go get it' and Hoppers gone and said 'meh' and shrugged his shoulders, so Killip has got mad and thrown down some dance moves and Hopper flopped to the ground and did the worm and won without really trying. Killips response was

[img]https://i.imgur.com/faHyn3R.gif[/img]
Posted by: headingly_mariner, February 14, 2018, 9:51pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from LH
Wasn’t that Bignot/Henderson just a massive misunderstanding and the phrase “thrown under the bus” got the chinese whispers effect on it?

Was there an issue with a firework?
Posted by: sydney, February 14, 2018, 10:27pm; Reply: 20
The players are playing for us on sat
So u need to be there
Come on Town!!
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, February 14, 2018, 11:27pm; Reply: 21
Are they actually showing that they give a fu(k?
Posted by: davmariner, February 15, 2018, 12:26am; Reply: 22
I think that having a physical fight at your place of work only shows that you’re a fecking idiot.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, February 15, 2018, 7:11am; Reply: 23
Happens in all walks of life when you see the same faces everyday and your jobs under threat.

With the run we are on I would expect it everyone will be feeling the pressure be more concerned if we were laughing and joking.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, February 15, 2018, 8:49am; Reply: 24
Happens all the time in training nothing to be concerned about , their needs to be a real intensity in training
Posted by: golfer, February 15, 2018, 10:20am; Reply: 25
In a normal job you get automatic dismissal for fighting---one way to get rid without pay off
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, February 15, 2018, 10:40am; Reply: 26
Quoted from golfer
In a normal job you get automatic dismissal for fighting---one way to get rid without pay off

Football is anything but a normal job
Posted by: ginnywings, February 15, 2018, 10:47am; Reply: 27
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Football is anything but a normal job

Exactly. I've worked in the building trade all my life and seen a fair few punch ups. No one ever got sacked.

It's not an office job is it?
Posted by: 1mickylyons, February 15, 2018, 11:01am; Reply: 28
Happens all the time it`s a contact sport FFS just need to keep a lid on it during the match so we can start and finish will 11 men.
Posted by: Tommy, February 15, 2018, 12:11pm; Reply: 29
This is all assuming that it's an even true.

As always, someone's mate of a mate is not exactly gospel is it.
Posted by: golfer, February 16, 2018, 2:38pm; Reply: 30
Posted by: golfer, February 16, 2018, 4:02pm; Reply: 31

How on earth can I get 3x's when I ran out of inki  

How on earth can I get another 3 x's when I ran out of inki

How on earth can I get another 2 x's when I ran out of inki
Posted by: 137 (Guest), February 16, 2018, 4:15pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from golfer

Hard to disagree with any of that. Not especially insightful, though.
Posted by: Civvy at last, February 16, 2018, 4:58pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from 137

Hard to disagree with any of that. Not especially insightful, though.

To be fair. It’s the first time that Golfer has genuinely shared with us everything he knows about football . !!
Posted by: AussieMariner, February 17, 2018, 9:53am; Reply: 34
Quoted from golfer

How on earth can I get 3x's when I ran out of inki  

How on earth can I get another 3 x's when I ran out of inki

How on earth can I get another 2 x's when I ran out of inki

Up to 9 now Golfer - thaf’ll teach you to speak your mind!
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 1:51am