Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Cloudy, February 14, 2018, 10:42am
Reduced prices for the game a week on Saturday v Exeter

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2018/february/exeter-city---fans-for-the-future/
Posted by: 1542 (Guest), February 14, 2018, 10:50am; Reply: 1
Good move by the Club. I still feel they could have gone cheaper to try and recover some of those fans that have disappeared over recent months.

I’m not convinced that these prices will have a huge impact on the gate unless.......There is a New Manager in place for that game.

UTM
Posted by: davmariner, February 14, 2018, 10:54am; Reply: 2
I think it’s an EFL initiative rather than the club’s.
Posted by: moosey_club, February 14, 2018, 10:57am; Reply: 3
Devaluing the product...whatever next.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, February 14, 2018, 11:00am; Reply: 4
The idea that Notts county had was brilliant (imho)

£2 a ticket and a near full house, high club shop sales, bars/food busy
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, February 14, 2018, 11:07am; Reply: 5
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

A good idea yes but vast difference in capacity so a real winner for them not so much for us
Posted by: jock dock tower, February 14, 2018, 11:14am; Reply: 6
Bradford City have been struggling of late, and their home record is almost on a par with ours, yet they still get just under 20,000 for their home games because of their radical pricing scheme.

Town need every point they can get. They should, theoretically, do much better with a packed house behind them every home game. Slash the prices to 50% of normal entry and pack them in.

Season ticket holders may feel aggreived at this, but it's for the benefit of the club in the long run. To counteract any such criticism ensure that current season ticket holders get a discount next season. Barmy? The difference between the amount sold if we're back in the National League, as compared to a team that has stayed in the Football League, and started to win back the hearts and minds of fans would be immeasurable. Just do it.
Posted by: Davec, February 14, 2018, 11:16am; Reply: 7
As said before I can't see it making too much of a difference to the gate and the club won't make as much money as they would have done if they had charged full. You got to remember there is still a negative atmosphere around the club and we are in horrendous form, It will take more than cheap tickets to boost the attendance, a new manager will boost it even more.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, February 14, 2018, 11:19am; Reply: 8
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

A good idea yes but vast difference in capacity so a real winner for them not so much for us

See your point mate, but 4000 extra on the gate (or whatever) would be great. £2 a ticket agree is too low, £5 would be about right
Posted by: 1mickylyons, February 14, 2018, 11:48am; Reply: 9
damned if they do damned if they don`t we have been over this countless times over the year`s and when the facts and figures are tallied up it`s surprising but it usually adds no more than 1k on even at £5.Totally the right thing to do but grossly unfair on STH and I hope the Club lay on some free buses for them to an away game to thank them for their support.In this area there are a lot of low income families and former Town fans who might be able to come and bring a kid to this game now at £12.I hope we see a massive turnout but historically it will add between 500-1k to the gate which still could make hell of a difference if the team can play well.UTM
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, February 14, 2018, 12:12pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Davec
As said before I can't see it making too much of a difference to the gate and the club won't make as much money as they would have done if they had charged full. You got to remember there is still a negative atmosphere around the club and we are in horrendous form, It will take more than cheap tickets to boost the attendance, a new manager will boost it even more.

This scheme isn't about making money...
Posted by: ginnywings, February 14, 2018, 12:12pm; Reply: 11
Think more will be back anyway as a result of Slade's departure. I know some who wouldn't go while he was in charge. As a season ticket holder, i'm not fussed that there is nothing on offer for us. I think most season ticket holders accept that they are paying up front and there are no guarantees about what we will be served up during the season. If we get the good times, we are in prime position for tickets, home and away, so it's swings and roundabouts. However, i was discussing next season yesterday with my brother and we both feel at this time, the club are going to have to win us back to get us to buy one for next season.

Any initiative can only help us at this moment in time, so if it pushes up back over 4000 and beyond, it gets my vote.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, February 14, 2018, 12:22pm; Reply: 12
Brilliant idea old pal about the buses to an away game. The Coventry game would be the best one imho due to numbers that 'could' potentially go that game
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, February 14, 2018, 12:56pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

See your point mate, but 4000 extra on the gate (or whatever) would be great. £2 a ticket agree is too low, £5 would be about right

A fiver would be good but as others are pointing out seems a tad unfair on ST holders ... but does anyway one really care as long as the ground is full and we get 3 points probably not
Posted by: moosey_club, February 14, 2018, 1:11pm; Reply: 14
are we not all forgetting that just about every single time we have a boost the gate initiative we tend to lose that match and perversely actually put more people off coming !?!?!
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 14, 2018, 1:30pm; Reply: 15
It also depends on how we get on at Cambridge.

Another poor show and defeat wont have fans flooding back.
Posted by: Mariner_09, February 14, 2018, 2:14pm; Reply: 16
But if we win 3-0 and play fast, exciting, free-flowing and expansive football then there'll be 5000 there.
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 14, 2018, 2:24pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Mariner_09
But if we win 3-0 and play fast, exciting, free-flowing and expansive football then there'll be 5000 there.

.....and then you woke up. ;)
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, February 14, 2018, 4:07pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

The owner come out and said they didn't even break anywhere near even. Sure it was like 50% less revenue than a normal game....
Posted by: Bigdog, February 14, 2018, 4:19pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Don't doubt the success of it in attracting a full house at those prices and also they have a far larger capacity at Meadow Lane to achieve more impact if not in profit, but as a one off I'm not sure it creates a long term effect in attracting fans back. Promotion chasing County had 3889 at home v Carlisle last night.

There definitely needs to be some inventiveness in attracting fans back. Slade being sacked will have an impact as will a new manager, but I still think there is a significant proportion of our fan base who are waiting for a wholesale change at the club to be completely won over. Fans will return to help ensure survival this season, but greater blue sky thinking than just price cutting, radical change at the top and a clear plan for the future of the club will do more to sustain and increase home and away attendances..
Posted by: lukeo, February 14, 2018, 6:04pm; Reply: 20
If the club are clever id offer free bus for the first 500 sth for forest Green away  :D
Posted by: Madeleymariner, February 14, 2018, 6:08pm; Reply: 21
Good news, already planned being up that weekend, first game since Crewe, I never win things normally so the fact this has dropped on must be a lucky omen.  Home win for Town coming up.  ;D
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, February 14, 2018, 7:36pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from lukeo
If the club are clever id offer free bus for the first 500 sth for forest Green away  :D

Good idea, but, think there could be a lot of demand for a relatively small amount of tickets
Posted by: lukeo, February 15, 2018, 7:13am; Reply: 23
It was borderline joke my comment, I'm hoping it's a dead rubber game for both clubs so not many will make the trip... Looking at the league table I now take that back  ??)
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, February 15, 2018, 7:18am; Reply: 24
Well I applaud the club for this it's a good incentive.
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 1:22pm