Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 120790 (Guest), February 12, 2018, 6:09pm
Just sat having a coffee prior to training in Boston. One of the girls dads, who is a Lincoln supporter, reckons that there is talk in Lincoln that Grimsby are about to put in a 7 day approach for Nicky Cowley, brother of Danny Cowley.

I told him no chance that he wouldn’t quit on his brother

He replied, why wouldn’t Nicky Cowley have the same aspirations to be the top man just like his brother Danny.

Interesting thought, but I can’t see it personally
Posted by: Hagrid, February 12, 2018, 6:11pm; Reply: 1
You have to ask yourself/ and i hate saying this- why would either come here. At this moment in time lincoln are bigger than us, huge crowds and they have wembley coming up. It just wont happen
Posted by: TAGG, February 12, 2018, 6:12pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from 120790
Just sat having a coffee prior to training in Boston. One of the girls dads, who is a Lincoln supporter, reckons that there is talk in Lincoln that Grimsby are about to put in a 7 day approach for Nicky Cowley, brother of Danny Cowley.

I told him no chance that he wouldn’t quit on his brother

He replied, why wouldn’t Nicky Cowley have the same aspirations to be the top man just like his brother Danny.

Interesting thought, but I can’t see it personally

😂😂😂😂😂
Posted by: 120790 (Guest), February 12, 2018, 6:15pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Hagrid
You have to ask yourself/ and i hate saying this- why would either come here. At this moment in time lincoln are bigger than us, huge crowds and they have wembley coming up. It just wont happen

I agree completely. Unless Nicky has ambition to be a number 1, like this geezer is suggesting

I can’t think of any reason why Danny wouldn’t want to see his brother progress to the job as main manager either, come to think of it. It’s natural that you want to see your siblings go as far as they can.

Can’t ever imagine them not working together though, can you?
Posted by: Gaffer58, February 12, 2018, 6:33pm; Reply: 4
Talking to a Lincoln fan this morning and had him worried when I told him there was a press conference at BP today, announcement that the Cowley's  were coming to Grimsby, they said it was a step up to a bigger club.
Posted by: Mikey_345, February 12, 2018, 6:34pm; Reply: 5
Don’t know how true. But logically you could see that he might one day want to step out of his brothers shadow.

Wouldn’t surprise me if we at least ask the question..... dont think we would like the answer though!
Posted by: ginnywings, February 12, 2018, 6:44pm; Reply: 6
Nothing would surprise me in football, especially at this club. Would be just like us to sign the wrong brother.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, February 12, 2018, 6:49pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from ginnywings
Nothing would surprise me in football, especially at this club. Would be just like us to sign the wrong brother.

Well we got Dave instead of Frank (could have been Bob though!) and Mitch instead of Danny but on the plus side we get the best Futch in Paul rather than Ron.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, February 12, 2018, 6:51pm; Reply: 8
Steve McLaren was an innovative coach and no 2 to Alex Ferguson. On a really good number.  He then left to be a manager - so you never know.  
Posted by: supertown, February 12, 2018, 6:52pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Steve McLaren was an innovative coach and no 2 to Alex Ferguson. On a really good number.  He then left to be a manager - so you never know.  

A shite one
Posted by: Abdul19, February 12, 2018, 6:56pm; Reply: 10
Nicky Cowley must be the most talked about 4th division assistant manager since Peter Taylor was at Hartlepools.
Posted by: ginnywings, February 12, 2018, 7:05pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Well we got Dave instead of Frank (could have been Bob though!) and Mitch instead of Danny but on the plus side we get the best Futch in Paul rather than Ron.

That's true enough. Paul trumps Frank and Mitch.

Besides, my comment was tongue in cheek, but i see some posters have already taken offence.  :-/
Posted by: towncryer, February 12, 2018, 7:22pm; Reply: 12
Ha ha ha  :) :) :)
One of the funniest things ever written on here.

Danny Cowley said on tv on Saturday evening  wouldn't even join Barcelona if they came calling at the moment. They have only been full time managers for a season and a half and full time football league mangers for 6 months !!!!
They have openly stated that they are on a journey with Lincoln, they are both deeply principled men and will not leave Lincoln until they feel they have reached their destination wherever that may be and whatever  time it takes.
Posted by: Henryscat, February 12, 2018, 7:28pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from towncryer

Danny Cowley said on tv on Saturday evening  wouldn't even join Barcelona if they came calling at the moment. They have only been full time managers for a season and a half and full time football league mangers for 6 months !!!!
They have openly stated that they are on a journey with Lincoln, they are both deeply principled men and will not leave Lincoln until they feel they have reached their destination wherever that may be and whatever  time it takes.

Wonder what the Braintree chairman makes of their principles
Posted by: pen penfras, February 12, 2018, 7:28pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from supertown

A shite one

He won Middlesbrough's first ever major trophy, did well in the first season in the UEFA cup and got to the final the next season.

First season at Twente they came 2nd, above PSV and Ajax, then the next season they won the league.

First season at Derby they got to the playoff finals and 2nd they were really good until somehow collapsed at the end of the season.

Hardly shite
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, February 12, 2018, 7:32pm; Reply: 15
Someone close the window there's a terrific smell of bullshit outside.
Posted by: chaos33, February 12, 2018, 7:34pm; Reply: 16
"Yeah, well you can prove anything with facts can't you!" 😣

😉
Posted by: Impish2, February 12, 2018, 7:39pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Henryscat

Braintree are very different, from a tiny club to challenging in the play offs which meant they were punching well above their weight. the Cowleys leave then Braintree get relegated the following season into the NL South.

I can't see the Cowleys leaving Lincoln anytime soon, it would be very unlikely to be mid season either. They are taking a big part in the design and planning of the new training ground.
Posted by: RoboCod, February 12, 2018, 7:48pm; Reply: 18
Hate threads like this. Will turn out to be nonsense but won't stop people passing it on until it becomes the latest on the grapevine, then those involved will have to issue a strenuous denial leading to the idiots on Lincoln Vital declaring that we offered BOTH the Cowleys 1 million and a gold bullion bar each but they turned us down cos Lincoln are heading to the Premier.
There will be risks involved in the next appointment, going for the lesser known half of a sibling-based management duo seems as risky as any of the suggestions so far to me.
Posted by: towncryer, February 12, 2018, 7:49pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Henryscat

Who knows but they clearly felt they had taken Braintree as far as they could. If they would of won the semi final against you and then on to win the final that may have changed their train of thought for a while but they were always destined for bigger things and one day they will also leave us for a bigger club......once they feel they have taken Lincoln as far as they can.
Posted by: kevikov, February 12, 2018, 7:54pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from towncryer

Tbf if you believe that you’re deluded!
Not saying they’re coming here at all but if the right club came in they’d drop you lot in a flash.
Posted by: gaz57, February 12, 2018, 7:59pm; Reply: 21
Is he he qualified to manage in the league?
Posted by: Balthazar Bullitt, February 12, 2018, 8:13pm; Reply: 22
Idle thought of the day

I wonder if golfer and ascend are actually the same person?
Posted by: towncryer, February 12, 2018, 8:22pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from kevikov

Tbf if you believe that you’re deluded!
Not saying they’re coming here at all but if the right club came in they’d drop you lot in a flash.

Honestly believe they wouldn't go at the moment.
Just signed a new contract and are moving up here.
Definitely will move on to bigger and better things if they continue their current pathway but not just yet....hopefully.
Posted by: ginnywings, February 12, 2018, 8:39pm; Reply: 24
Can't believe anyone is discussing this with any seriousness, and that Lincoln fans are on our site yet again at the mere mention of the anointed ones. We all know how this goes. If they carry on as the are, someone higher up the food chain will come in and take them. Maybe not now, but at some point.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, February 12, 2018, 8:42pm; Reply: 25
Joint 2nd faves to take over at Barnsley eckie thump!
Posted by: Civvy at last, February 12, 2018, 8:43pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from towncryer

Honestly believe they wouldn't go at the moment.
Just signed a new contract and are moving up here.
Definitely will move on to bigger and better things if they continue their current pathway but not just yet....hopefully.

Well hopefully before too long we’ll have a new manager.  Then no more debates.

Then you can crawl back under your rock Steve.

Army reject and Nobby no mates.
Posted by: forza ivano, February 12, 2018, 9:39pm; Reply: 27
A 7 day approach??? Does that actually happen in pro football? Surely only happens at the level where Stamford are interested in a spading player
Posted by: towncryer, February 12, 2018, 9:40pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Civvy at last

Well hopefully before too long we’ll have a new manager.  Then no more debates.

Then you can crawl back under your rock Steve.

Army reject and Nobby no mates.

Can't you always guarantee its the same divs who appear and start insulting people when your just having friendly banter.

Posted by: Eastendmariner, February 12, 2018, 9:44pm; Reply: 29
The cockney Cowleys won't move for the time being until the big chance comes from a bigger club which in all due respect to our Neighbours is nearly every other team in the leagues above Div 2.

All I can say is I feel that a massive weight has been lifted from our club with the club wrecker gone and hopefully we can muster enough strength and bottle to survive Div 2. Town have made so many mistakes on our return to the league  we need to look to our neighbours for inspiration in the way they have adapted and harnessed the fan's dreams. UTM
Posted by: forza ivano, February 12, 2018, 9:45pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from towncryer

Can't you always guarantee its the same divs who appear and start insulting people when your just having friendly banter.

So why did you leave the army ?
Posted by: ginnywings, February 12, 2018, 9:53pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from forza ivano
A 7 day approach??? Does that actually happen in pro football? Surely only happens at the level where Stamford are interested in a spading player

It happens in the world of Ascend.
Posted by: towncryer, February 12, 2018, 10:15pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from forza ivano

So why did you leave the army ?

Stated this loads of times on here
I honestly and truthfully have never been in the army.

Posted by: Dogger Bank, February 12, 2018, 10:27pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Hagrid

I don't care how big their crowds are or if they are in a higher division, Lincoln never have and never will be a bigger club than Grimsby. They're on a crest of a wave at the moment but it won't last forever. The things that have held us back in recent times are the board, chairman and local council.

Posted by: scrumble, February 12, 2018, 10:32pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from towncryer
Danny Cowley said on tv on Saturday evening  wouldn't even join Barcelona if they came calling at the moment.

Surely not even the most deluded Lincoln fan genuinely believed that?

Posted by: 120790 (Guest), February 12, 2018, 10:32pm; Reply: 35
As I said at the outset, I don’t believe this for a minute. Can’t ever imagine the Cowleys going separate ways. That would be like Michael leaving the Jacksons, or Donny doing solo’s away from the Osmonds.

It ain’t gonna happen
Posted by: Impish2, February 12, 2018, 10:33pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from scrumble

Surely not even the most deluded Lincoln fan genuinely believed that?

Of course not, he did however say he would join Real Madrid.
Posted by: supertown, February 12, 2018, 10:34pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from pen penfras

He won Middlesbrough's first ever major trophy, did well in the first season in the UEFA cup and got to the final the next season.

First season at Twente they came 2nd, above PSV and Ajax, then the next season they won the league.

First season at Derby they got to the playoff finals and 2nd they were really good until somehow collapsed at the end of the season.

Hardly shite

You’ve cherry picked somewhat there, you forgot to
mention he has been sacked 7 times  . Shite

Posted by: ginnywings, February 12, 2018, 10:35pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from 120790
As I said at the outset, I don’t believe this for a minute. Can’t ever imagine the Cowleys going separate ways. That would be like Michael leaving the Jacksons, or Donny doing solo’s away from the Osmonds.

It ain’t gonna happen

Both of which happened.  ;D
Posted by: supertown, February 12, 2018, 10:35pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from ginnywings

Both of which happened.  ;D

Whoosh
Posted by: ginnywings, February 12, 2018, 10:44pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from supertown

Whoosh

:B

Long day.

Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 12, 2018, 11:09pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from towncryer

So why did they reject you?
Posted by: 120790 (Guest), February 13, 2018, 7:06am; Reply: 42
Quoted from towncryer

On your own messageboard, they are calling you a right wing looney that got banned from the Lincoln forum 😂😂

Posted by: Marinerz93, February 13, 2018, 11:20pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from KingstonMariner

So why did they reject you?

He couldn't shoot straight

[img]https://i.imgur.com/KdYsfv3.png[/img]

and his extra finger kept knocking the magazine release clip.
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 7:53am