Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Gaffer58, February 12, 2018, 4:30pm
Before we all start speculating on the next manager, how many prospective candidates will not apply because of the rolling contract. I realise it worked in our favour regard Slade's payoff but it probably meant Shrewsbury got Hurst on the cheap.
Posted by: Devonmatt, February 12, 2018, 4:35pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Gaffer58
Before we all start speculating on the next manager, how many prospective candidates will not apply because of the rolling contract. I realise it worked in our favour regard Slade's payoff but it probably meant Shrewsbury got Hurst on the cheap.

At this level, the short answer is.....not many.

UTM
Posted by: ginnywings, February 12, 2018, 4:38pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Gaffer58

Some you win, some you lose. No-one can know how a manager will fare. Start with a 6 month rolling and give a better one if they do well. Maybe we should have tied Hurst to a longer contract, but maybe he didn't want one. Only with the benefit of hindsight can you know what is the right or wrong way.
Posted by: moosey_club, February 12, 2018, 4:49pm; Reply: 3
if you believe that's what Slade was actually on of course  ;)
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 12, 2018, 4:49pm; Reply: 4
How about a performance related contract,

Start with a one year contract then add on either 6months or a year rolling after that,

I would think a manager coming up would go for that and a experienced one would want at least a 1 year rolling one so he might except that deal,

Thoughts ?

To get the one year rolling deal we must finish in the play offs.
Posted by: marinernige, February 12, 2018, 5:19pm; Reply: 5
If i was a up and coming manager and wanted to prove myself i wouldn't be bothered about a six month rolling contract,infact i'd even offer to come (and prove myself) without a contract .
Posted by: pontoon442, February 12, 2018, 5:56pm; Reply: 6
Hirst wanted 2 year deal Fenty woldn't give him one so off to Shrewsbury he went, same Pearson..
Posted by: Rob_in_Grimsby, February 12, 2018, 6:01pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from pontoon442
Hirst wanted 2 year deal Fenty woldn't give him one so off to Shrewsbury he went, same Pearson..

what a load of tosh Pearson was not offered a contract at all but was offered one at Wrexham and in his words he could not wait to find out if we actually wanted him or not.
PH did not want to be here never mind 2 years
Posted by: ginnywings, February 12, 2018, 6:41pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from pontoon442

Nah! It was the fans who drove him out- everyone knows that.  ::)
Posted by: Posh Harry, February 12, 2018, 7:39pm; Reply: 9
I wouldn’t worry about any length of contract at the moment. Anyone who comes in should be given until the end of the season and it is reassessed after that depending on which league we are in.

If whoever comes in does a really good job then they are in a negotiating position and if Fenty wants to keep them he may have to go outside of his current comfort zone.
Posted by: ex-merseymariner, February 12, 2018, 8:13pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Posh Harry
I wouldn’t worry about any length of contract at the moment. Anyone who comes in should be given until the end of the season and it is reassessed after that depending on which league we are in.

If whoever comes in does a really good job then they are in a negotiating position and if Fenty THE BOARD want to keep them they may have to go outside of their current comfort zone.

Edited.

Let's stop referring to it being Fenty's club, he's not even the chairman ffs.  Just a single vote on the Board.

Print page generated: May 4, 2024, 9:34am