Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: sydney, February 11, 2018, 6:32pm
So we all seem to have got our wish
Can I now please please ask all fans inc armchair warrior ones  to vote now with their feet and cash and get to Camb this Sat to show the club and this squad what real Away support is like.
We’ve done it at Chesterfield already this season.
That 12th man effect could give us the impetus we need for a massively needed three points and reconnect us all with the club we all care about
You know what I am taking about
Come on Town!!
Gimps took 1700 Fri Night
Posted by: jimgtfc, February 11, 2018, 6:36pm; Reply: 1
I’m going now +1. Really hope we can generate a brilliant atmosphere and show the lads that were behind them!
Posted by: Eastendmariner, February 11, 2018, 6:47pm; Reply: 2
even if we take 500 plus it's a vast improvement let's get behind them so they can turn it around
Posted by: 75 (Guest), February 11, 2018, 6:49pm; Reply: 3
Me too, I haven't been going to away games under Slade. I'll be back now and behind the players, we need to get a few results, and start again in June (not the end of July like normal!).
Posted by: ginnywings, February 11, 2018, 6:54pm; Reply: 4
I don't do away games any more but this one is tempting. Mrs Ginny is flying out to Reykjavik on Saturday, so i will see who of my lot is up for a jolly.

There was also talk of initiatives for the following week against Exeter to pack the park. Let's get those numbers back up and show the players what we are about.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 11, 2018, 7:02pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from ginnywings
I don't do away games any more but this one is tempting. Mrs Ginny is flying out to Reykjavik on Saturday, so i will see who of my lot is up for a jolly.

There was also talk of initiatives for the following week against Exeter to pack the park. Let's get those numbers back up and show the players what we are about.

Did you know Slade was gonna be sacked and let her book to go without you?
Posted by: ginnywings, February 11, 2018, 7:13pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Did you know Slade was gonna be sacked and let her book to go without you?

I saw the price of beer over there.... ;D
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 11, 2018, 8:55pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from ginnywings

I saw the price of beer over there.... ;D

And you don't wanna be going outside there this time of year.
Posted by: 1542 (Guest), February 11, 2018, 8:59pm; Reply: 8
A manager Departs, the unanimous request from all GTFC Fans and, despite our current position and plight, it feels like the Buzz is Back in Town!!!!!!
Posted by: Grim74, February 11, 2018, 9:03pm; Reply: 9
Whatever the result we need a good home crowd right behind Wilko
Posted by: ginnywings, February 11, 2018, 9:06pm; Reply: 10

And you don't wanna be going outside there this time of year.

She's doing the Golden Circle tour and they are forecasting -17 there next weekend. They are currently having strong earthquakes in that region too, so even if they had cheap beer....
Posted by: Mrbump53, February 11, 2018, 9:06pm; Reply: 11
I shall be going with my boy on Saturday to support the team I have been going to watch for more than 40 years. UTM !
Posted by: HistonMariner, February 11, 2018, 9:15pm; Reply: 12
Would be a good time for the reappearance of Our Drummer who had an outstanding game at Cambridge last year.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 11, 2018, 9:22pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from ginnywings

She's doing the Golden Circle tour and they are forecasting -17 there next weekend. They are currently having strong earthquakes in that region too, so even if they had cheap beer....

Why this time of the year? Your missus is really hardcore.

Or will she secretly spending her time in a spa, up to her neck in hot bubbling water and cold bubbly drinks?
Posted by: chaos33, February 11, 2018, 9:28pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from ginnywings

I've done it and its bloody brilliant.
Posted by: ginnywings, February 11, 2018, 9:29pm; Reply: 15

Why this time of the year? Your missus is really hardcore.

Or will she secretly spending her time in a spa, up to her neck in hot bubbling water and cold bubbly drinks?

Erm...

She doesn't do spa's and stuff. Likes to get her walking boots on and explore. She likes rocks and all stuff geological. It's also the best time to see the Aurora. Nov-Feb.
Posted by: Abdul19, February 11, 2018, 9:36pm; Reply: 16
Hope she has better luck than me: 3 nights a few Februarys ago and cloudy every sodding night!  :-/
Posted by: ginnywings, February 11, 2018, 9:43pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Abdul19
Hope she has better luck than me: 3 nights a few Februarys ago and cloudy every sodding night!  :-/

The Aurora is an added bonus if she sees it. She's going for the geology and waterfalls mainly.

Anyway, the pubs in Cambridge are many and the beer affordable and very drinkable. Plus i will only need a beer jacket.
Posted by: ginnywings, February 11, 2018, 9:45pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from chaos33

I've done it and its bloody brilliant.

Yeah, looks it. She can't wait.
Posted by: forza ivano, February 11, 2018, 9:46pm; Reply: 19
Bucks Mariners will now be on their waay
Posted by: chaos33, February 11, 2018, 9:47pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from ginnywings

The Aurora is an added bonus if she sees it. She's going for the geology and waterfalls mainly.

Anyway, the pubs in Cambridge are many and the beer affordable and very drinkable. Plus i will only need a beer jacket.

Gullfoss is certainly up there in the waterfall league table.  :)
Posted by: ginnywings, February 11, 2018, 9:52pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from chaos33

Gullfoss is certainly up there in the waterfall league table.  :)

As good as Janet's Foss?  ::)
Posted by: chaos33, February 11, 2018, 9:59pm; Reply: 22
Hehe, yeah just a tiny bit grander than that! 😳
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, February 12, 2018, 7:21am; Reply: 23
7 hour round train trip booked from Bristol, my lad Fin is coming. Were back!!!

Posted by: arryarryarry, February 12, 2018, 8:59am; Reply: 24
Well I was at Crawley so wont be missing this one 1 +2
Posted by: Ipswin, February 12, 2018, 10:12am; Reply: 25
Quoted from HistonMariner
Would be a good time for the reappearance of Our Drummer who had an outstanding game at Cambridge last year.

Great post - the Town fans and drummer were magic last season - hope for a repeat on Sat

Posted by: grimsby pete, February 12, 2018, 11:29am; Reply: 26
I will be there +1

Short trip for me but did not fancy going only 24 hours ago,

Now I will be there with a spring in my limp. :)
Posted by: Posh Harry, February 12, 2018, 12:36pm; Reply: 27
I will be there with an Everton and Brighton fan. Looking forward to a positive atmosphere. It will almost be a party!!

Saying that I hope it’s pay on the gate otherwise I’m stuffed!!!

UTFM
Posted by: moosey_club, February 12, 2018, 12:49pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from 1542
A manager Departs, the unanimous request from all GTFC Fans and, despite our current position and plight, it feels like the Buzz is Back in Town!!!!!!

small vocal minority surely ?  ;)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 12, 2018, 12:57pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from grimsby pete
I will be there +1

Short trip for me but did not fancy going only 24 hours ago,

Now I will be there with a spring in my limp. :)

Did you get the spring on the NHS or is that only available privately?
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 12, 2018, 2:27pm; Reply: 30

Did you get the spring on the NHS or is that only available privately?

No still waiting to go in KM I hope it's not next weekend,

I don't think it will.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, February 12, 2018, 4:07pm; Reply: 31
ooh good excuse for a weekend trip to The Lord Byron great cuisine and ale. Isn't there also a famous Mariner mad fan that owns s pub there as well?
Posted by: HistonMariner, February 12, 2018, 5:08pm; Reply: 32
REPLY TO MRS DOYLE ( and the rest of the B&W Army )
Because I am technically incompetent I have been unable to re-post my post from 11th Feb 13.15. It is on the thread
DIFFICULT CHOICE NEXT SATURDAY. This tells you all I can at this point.
However given it was posted before the news item which I think is well known......I would retitle the thread NOT SO DIFFICULT CHOICE THIS SATURDAY and also add WE NEED OUR DRUMMER BACK !!!!
If anyone feels able to repost my thread with the information in, please do. If any one can start a campaign to bring Our Drummer Back, please do.
I repeat, I’ll bring a tenner with me in order to celebrate with a “Cream Soda” and hopefully buy one for The Drummer.
Posted by: Ipswin, February 12, 2018, 5:42pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Posh Harry
I will be there with an Everton and Brighton fan. Looking forward to a positive atmosphere. It will almost be a party!!

Saying that I hope it’s pay on the gate otherwise I’m stuffed!!!

UTFM

Apparently they have allocated 620 tickets for sale at BP but tickets are available on the day but at £2 extra

Posted by: Posh Harry, February 12, 2018, 7:00pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Ipswin

Apparently they have allocated 620 tickets for sale at BP but tickets are available on the day but at £2 extra

Cheers Swin
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 3:25pm