Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: crusty ole pie, February 11, 2018, 4:41pm
So why o why was there so much secrecy over this appointment .John Fenty created a bad atmosphere from day one when taking the microphone out of Russel slides hands
Posted by: GrimRob, February 11, 2018, 4:42pm; Reply: 1
All I can say is I'd love to see a copy of that contract  :)
Posted by: RoboCod, February 11, 2018, 4:47pm; Reply: 2
Something odd about this contract thing...but everything right about the decision. I'm just cautious on the Wilko thing, would have preferred a clean sweep but he has a chance to prove himself, just hope we're not still down in the dumps about our prospects in 2-3 weeks time.

But yeah...that contract...(Confused)
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, February 11, 2018, 4:47pm; Reply: 3
My take on this. They honestly thought it was a massive coup to sign Slade and didn't want anyone to know he'd be easily poached when things inevitably turned out swimmingly.
Posted by: Gaffer58, February 11, 2018, 4:52pm; Reply: 4
Maybe the main thing Fenty wanted Slade to do was to offload any of Bignots signings, well the last one went this week so perhaps in Fenty's eyes Slade was successful.
Posted by: The Grim Reaper, February 11, 2018, 4:53pm; Reply: 5
It was announced when Slade was appointed - hardly secret.
Posted by: GrimRob, February 11, 2018, 4:54pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Gaffer58
Maybe the main thing Fenty wanted Slade to do was to offload any of Bignots signings, well the last one went this week so perhaps in Fenty's eyes Slade was successful.

This time next year no doubt we'lll be waving goodbye to the last of Slade's players. It's a conveyerbelt
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, February 11, 2018, 4:57pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from GrimRob

This time next year no doubt we'lll be waving goodbye to the last of Slade's players. It's a conveyerbelt

Our club turns more and more in to a Brucie kind of game every day we have the current "leadership"

Good game, good game....never seen such a bad run of cards etc etc  :-/
Posted by: Grantley, February 11, 2018, 5:51pm; Reply: 8
Not sure I believe it tbh.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, February 11, 2018, 6:10pm; Reply: 9
Why the cloak and dagger bullshit if it was only a 6 month rolling contract ?? Perhaps it was but on silly money for a club of our size ? Who knows but he’s gone and thank fuk for that
(yahoo)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 11, 2018, 6:54pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from crusty ole pie
So why o why was there so much secrecy over this appointment .John Fenty created a bad atmosphere from day one when taking the microphone out of Russel slides hands

Because he doesn't know what he's doing. He was completely rude to Pete who asked this simple question.
Posted by: monkeyboy, February 11, 2018, 6:56pm; Reply: 11
So how much do you lot earn? should we all divulge that?
Posted by: moosey_club, February 11, 2018, 7:36pm; Reply: 12
personally i dont believe thats what it was....lets see next years accounts and see what mysterious fees are shown.
Posted by: mariner91, February 11, 2018, 7:38pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from monkeyboy

Nothing currently  :(
Posted by: crusty ole pie, February 11, 2018, 8:01pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from monkeyboy

I am asking what he earns but do believe the fans deserve to be told the basics such as how long a contract we have have given an£ how much we  have sold a player for
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 11, 2018, 8:04pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from monkeyboy

State pension topped up with a private pension. 8)
Posted by: crusty ole pie, February 11, 2018, 8:12pm; Reply: 16
Red Cross really
Posted by: crusty ole pie, February 11, 2018, 8:13pm; Reply: 17
Red Cross really
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 11, 2018, 8:13pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from monkeyboy

Considering that the fans probably pay a good part of it, perhaps they should know.

As for mine the people that pay me know what it is.
Posted by: friskneymariner, February 11, 2018, 8:14pm; Reply: 19
When I worked for County Council my salary was public,as all County Council posts are.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 11, 2018, 8:54pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from monkeyboy

More than the minimum wage. If my employer decides to get rid of me due to poor performance I would get the thin end of fuckall, like most people.
Posted by: 1542 (Guest), February 11, 2018, 9:02pm; Reply: 21
The only reason the contract length mattered was because we wouldn’t sack him!!

Doesn’t matter anymore as we all have our wish!!

6 months, 6 years????? Doesn’t matter, the NightmRe is over!!!!!
Posted by: Welwynmariner, February 11, 2018, 9:10pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from KingstonMariner

More than the minimum wage. If my employer decides to get rid of me due to poor performance I would get the thin end of fuckall, like most people.

They would have to dismiss you with notice so you would get the net pay for the notice period otherwise you could sue them. So Slade will get 6 months net pay or thereabouts.
Posted by: Alfie, February 12, 2018, 3:28pm; Reply: 23
Guess they kept quiet as if it goes well - as you'd hope - you leave you less exposed to a 'poacher'.
Posted by: Abdul19, February 12, 2018, 3:40pm; Reply: 24
Wouldn't a poacher just speak to his agent to find out, I doubt they search old reports from the Telewag?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 12, 2018, 11:02pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Welwynmariner

They would have to dismiss you with notice so you would get the net pay for the notice period otherwise you could sue them. So Slade will get 6 months net pay or thereabouts.

Not for poor performance surely? Be good practice to put me on a PIP first but no obligation to pay notice. That's just hush money.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 9:08am