Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, February 10, 2018, 9:51pm
Played 33  two more than all of the teams below us bar one on 31, we have a goal diff of -18 worst bar two in this div.

D, L, D, L, L, L, L, D, L, L, D, L.

Worst stats by a country mile not just in our division but the whole of the football league ALL FOUR DIVISIONS.

SLADE OUT
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 10, 2018, 9:56pm; Reply: 1
Well after we lose to Cambridge next week ,I wonder how many points we will get from the last 12 games of the season.

Anything like the last 12 and we are down,
Posted by: Madeleymariner, February 10, 2018, 11:05pm; Reply: 2
Think Cambridge are the only team with less goals than us so there is a chance of at least a clean sheet next week
Posted by: oochiad, February 10, 2018, 11:18pm; Reply: 3
Holly f£&k that looks bad.
Posted by: Mariner_09, February 10, 2018, 11:21pm; Reply: 4
If we keep this form up (a point every 3 games) until the end of the season then we’ll finish with 40 points and almost certainly be relegated. I don’t want to have to go to Forest Green and see Vince parading around having exacted his revenge by winning to relegate us on the last day of the seaaon and then witness a public hanging of Fenty and Slade. Nailsworth will never have seen such anarchy.
Posted by: Skrill, February 10, 2018, 11:33pm; Reply: 5
Two words: SLADE OUT
(closedeyes)
Posted by: RonMariner, February 10, 2018, 11:33pm; Reply: 6
The recent Board Statement attempted to take the high moral ground by going on about how clubs are often too quick to fire managers.  Well, they generally sack managers due to terrible results. We tried sticking with a hopeless manager during a winless run in 2010. Look how that ended.

If we allow this farce to continue we are going down.  

Unfortunately we are stuck with the current squad of players. But it's amazing what can be achieved by apparently hapless players if they are well organised and well motivated. It is perfectly possible for a competent manager to come in and get the points needed to stay up. But the longer we leave it before changing manager, the tougher that becomes.

Maybe a miracle will happen and Slade will get a few wins. But can we really take that chance? Our form over the last 12 game is nothing short of total meltdown. We have imploded under Slade's stewardship. He has presided over a total shambles both on and off the pitch. It is failure on a shocking and sustained level.

It's a risk, and probably an expensive one, to change managers. But an even bigger one not to.

Posted by: Marinerz93, February 10, 2018, 11:38pm; Reply: 7
My heart is hoping some how we can win a couple of games and at least draw a few to just avoid the drop, but my head says we are going out of the league again without a whimper lead by the inept and clueless.

Shame on you Fenty.
Posted by: big smoke mariner, February 10, 2018, 11:41pm; Reply: 8
Dose Slade have any good attributes? I.e could he be put to use somewhere in the club so he doesn't have to be paid off. If a big pay off is the only reason he hasn't already been sacked could he sit behind the scenes whilest someone else comes in as manager and then Slade can do the only decnet thing a resign when he finally realises he's no good for the club.
Posted by: Mariner_09, February 10, 2018, 11:42pm; Reply: 9
You know you say to a child that you make mistakes to learn from them and that there’ll be trouble if it happens again...
Posted by: RonMariner, February 10, 2018, 11:43pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from big smoke mariner
Dose Slade have any good attributes? I.e could he be put to use somewhere in the club so he doesn't have to be paid off. If a big pay off is the only reason he hasn't already been sacked could he sit behind the scenes whilest someone else comes in as manager and then Slade can do the only decnet thing a resign when he finally realises he's no good for the club.

Maybe he is a good plumber or can cut the grass?

I suspect he already knows exactly how 'good' he is for the club.
Posted by: MarinerWY, February 10, 2018, 11:45pm; Reply: 11
Most of the teams below us have 2 games in hand on us too.
Posted by: RichMariner, February 11, 2018, 12:31am; Reply: 12
By the time Fenty opens his eyes it'll be too late.

The guy was gifted a place back in the FL by a young manager on the rise. He left us in a great position and it's almost like Fenty as deliberately and systematically pulled it apart in record time while making gaffe after gaffe after gaffe along the way.

He is an utter embarrassment. The way he spoke about Asante, Bignot and the Checkatrade in those videos was an embarrassment.

The way he hired and fired Bignot when he realised he could get his mate back was an embarrassment. Our dealings in the transfer market have been an embarrassment.

This season has been an embarrassment.

The fact that he won't sack Slade isn't just an embarrassment but downright irresponsible.

He will, without doubt, go down as the worst chairman/majority shareholder to have ever run this proud football club. He has no one to blame but himself.

John Fenty is a deeply unsuccessful football man. What little positive we've ever had in his 17 years in charge has been ruined, broken or chucked out the window.

We are a club in turmoil, and he's the one that carries the can. He can't blame the fans. All we've done is continue to put money into the club without any expectation of getting it back.

He's put money into the club and expects to see it again. That's not the action of a true fan.
Posted by: SpudUDontLike, February 11, 2018, 12:40am; Reply: 13
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Played 33  two more than all of the teams below us bar one on 31, we have a goal diff of -18 worst bar two in this div.

D, L, D, L, L, L, L, D, L, L, D, L.

Worst stats by a country mile not just in our division but the whole of the football league ALL FOUR DIVISIONS.

SLADE OUT

flipping right. Enough is enough.
Posted by: moosey_club, February 11, 2018, 2:41am; Reply: 14
but...but....despite the results...

if i'm honest, we have worked hard, deserved more, been unlucky, had poor officials, have tried to put the ball into the box more than the opposition, had good possession, did i mention we have worked hard ? will turn a corner, seen it before, worked hard, we are disappointed, worked hard,denied a penalty,  if, but, worked hard, doing our best, worked hard
Posted by: SheepGTFC, February 11, 2018, 4:54am; Reply: 15
Anyone that is not Slade Out at this point is delusional. If he stays we WILL be slipping back into non-league.

Mr Fenty, please if you want the best for the club please move Russ on. He's not the manager he was before. He is a lost cause.
Posted by: Mariner_09, February 11, 2018, 9:40am; Reply: 16
I had wondered if it was a case of better the devil you know until yesterday but now I am utterly convinced that we will go down if Slade remains in charge.
Posted by: rancido, February 11, 2018, 12:45pm; Reply: 17
When JF owned Five Star if he had a Production Manager who failed to reach his production target for as long as Slade has gone without a win then he would have been sacked - no question. JF apply your business head and remove Slade ASAP.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, February 11, 2018, 12:55pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from big smoke mariner

Good idea! He’s good at building apparently so could build us some new toilets. ;)
Posted by: Gaffer58, February 11, 2018, 2:39pm; Reply: 19
If he's that good a builder get him to work on the new stadium, will save us thousands in labour costs.
Posted by: RoboCod, February 11, 2018, 2:51pm; Reply: 20
I think he should start simple, maybe build some bridges...
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 3:55am