Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Cambs Mariner, February 10, 2018, 9:10pm
The time has come to take the decision to sack Mr Slade and Mr Wilkinson out of your hands. The supporters of Grimsby Town Football Club (I believe) no longer have confidence in the decision making  of you and the present members of the board.
You have spent the season making one PR gaffe after another with Bragate, Kristine, The Fans Forum, The vote of confidence for Russell, letting our better players leave and your comments which a fan recorded.
Do you remember 2010, the last time we got relegated into Non League or do you prefer to remember the Play Off Final when you were stood in the Royal Box accepting all the accolades.
It wasn't because of you that we had that moment of glory. It was because of Operation Promotion, Paul Hurst, Omar Bogle, Padraig Amond, Craig Disley .Nathan Arnold, Shaun Pearson and many more.
Yes, Paul Hurst let many of those players go but when he left he had replaced most of them with a squad who were around the play offs. If you had given him the things he wanted there was a good possibility we would have been in the play offs last season.
I did agree with the appointment of Marcus Bignot, a young and up and coming manager and do agree to a certain extent his dismissal. even though he did achieve in his first season what he set out to do which was league safety, What I don't understand is why when we were in a position to maybe get into the play offs he started going left field and we dropped down the league. Was he under instructions or was a blind eye turned? Would it have meant too much investment getting promotion?
Marcus got sacked after a win away to Blackpool. Why?
You had obviously been in contact with Mr Slade before Marcus got his marching orders because of his immediate appointment.
What made you think he was better than Marcus after his failure at his last 3 clubs?
What made you think the majority of fans would accept him the way he left us last time?
What made you give him a vote of confidence in January?
Why is he still here after no wins in 12 games?
My guess. It is all down to money, arrogance and not admitting to failure.
Or is it because we can be a big fish and have many visits to Wembley in non league?
Oh and the Parachute payments aren't too bad either.

Posted by: dapperz fun pub, February 10, 2018, 10:14pm; Reply: 1
I think fenty would like him gone but I’m told by people one on here that slades contract is long and expensive , add it to the other benign loans John
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 10, 2018, 10:16pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
I think fenty would like him gone but I’m told by people one on here that slades contract is long and expensive , add it to the other benign loans John

His fuckup, his debt.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 10, 2018, 10:18pm; Reply: 3

He's been employed under 2 years so cant take you to a tribunal, offer him a compromise agreement and tell him to fcuk off.

He may have a severance clause but paying it will be much less a financial loss to the club than if we go down.

Posted by: gaz57, February 10, 2018, 10:18pm; Reply: 4
Your managers building while your non chairman is bricking it.  :-/  UTMM
Posted by: Cambs Mariner, February 10, 2018, 10:22pm; Reply: 5
If he wants him gone then he can sell his Aston Martin, snooker table, leather jacket and black jumper to do it because there is no way the club should pay for anymore of his failures.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, February 10, 2018, 10:38pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from MuddyWaters

His fuckup, his debt.

All the other intercourse ups are the clubs debts why would this be any different ?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 10, 2018, 10:41pm; Reply: 7

All the other intercourse ups are the clubs debts why would this be any different ?

Possibly because he made the sacking of Bignot and the appointment of Slade look very personal.
Posted by: Cambs Mariner, February 10, 2018, 10:48pm; Reply: 8

Exactly. He has failed for years so his benign loans shouldn't be repaid. He put his money in because he was able to but he should have put someone in place with some footballing nous.Your mistake John not the fans.

Posted by: RichMariner, February 10, 2018, 10:57pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Possibly because he made the sacking of Bignot and the appointment of Slade look very personal.

This.

Fenty does what Fenty wants. If we had a successful manager that he didn't get on with, he'd get sacked for a lot less. He lets his personal emotions get in the way of rational thinking. He's too close to Slade.

There is absolutely no way Fenty would tolerate this run of results from any other manager. They'd have been shown the door long ago.

If it costs to get rid of Slade, pay it now - otherwise he'll be paying a higher price for being stuck in non-league (and then he'll never get his loans back).

And anyway, why does he think he should get his loans back? Us fans have been pumping hundreds of thousands of pounds into the club during his tenure... imagine if we started demanding all our investments back!

We'll start with that £110,000 we raised for Operation Promotion, John!

There's only one fruit loop and sadly he's still at the club.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 10, 2018, 11:00pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Cambs Mariner

Exactly. He has failed for years so his benign loans shouldn't be repaid. He put his money in because he was able to but he should have put someone in place with some footballing nous.Your mistake John not the fans.

Thing is he's fuked anyway as there is not £2 million worth of value in the club as it stands , the value of the land BP sits on is only defined by what planning permission it may or may not have.

Posted by: Mariner_09, February 10, 2018, 11:04pm; Reply: 11
I’m sorry but it’s clear to me at least the board do not have proper confidence in him really, you wouldn’t say that they backed him in the window would you? I will not the excuse of “I cannot afford to sack him” because that just makes Fenty clueless as an owner as you’re effectively saying you can do as you like cos you’ll never be sacked. Fenty should pay for his mistake not yhe club by being relegated because Fenty gave him a contract that the club can’t pay up.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 10, 2018, 11:08pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Mariner_09
I’m sorry but it’s clear to me at least the board do not have proper confidence in him really, you wouldn’t say that they backed him in the window would you? I will not the excuse of “I cannot afford to sack him” because that just makes Fenty clueless as an owner as you’re effectively saying you can do as you like cos you’ll never be sacked. Fenty should pay for his mistake not yhe club by being relegated because Fenty gave him a contract that the club can’t pay up.

Losing money by paying Salde severance or losing money when you get relegated, Surely the lost money through relegation would be the greater sum?
Posted by: Cambs Mariner, February 10, 2018, 11:09pm; Reply: 13
[quote=120845]

Thing is he's fuked anyway as there is not £2 million worth of value in the club as it stands , the value of the land BP sits on is only defined by what planning permission it may or may not have.

Does John know any building contractors who might be interested in building houses close to a MacDonalds in Cleethorpes?

Posted by: Mariner_09, February 10, 2018, 11:12pm; Reply: 14
Fenty isn’t that long sighted Herts. He’ll still think that Slade can guide us out of this mess.

I’d really love to be able to give Slade an interview ans press him more than JT feels comfortable doing (no disrespect to JT I just feel that the club’s bullying have left him helpless) I’d have pushed him bu saying “it’s all well and good working hard on the training ground but we’re losing every week and something has to change, it’s obvious whatever you’re trying isn’t working, hard work can only take you so far, the players are clearly not good enough, what do you say to that”. Put the boot on the other foot, make the club feel uncomfortable, not the broadcasters who are absolutely enormous in terms of PR etc.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 10, 2018, 11:17pm; Reply: 15
[quote=120845]

Does John know any building contractors who might be interested in building houses close to a MacDonalds in Cleethorpes?

Or any local  councillors who might be willing to grant planning permission to have them built?
Posted by: Cambs Mariner, February 10, 2018, 11:21pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Or any local  councillors who might be willing to grant planning permission to have them built?

There is definitely a bad smell about the current situation.
Posted by: Marinerz93, February 10, 2018, 11:35pm; Reply: 17
You need to stop calling Fenty Mr his title is John 'The Deconstructor' Fenty everything he touches he deconstructs, kids flags, Mighty Mariner, Trust SLO, the Trust (£200K worth of shares, yummie yummie) Matt Dean and the club. As he deconstructs things he says I'll find a way to fudge things up'

Translated from Italian.
Posted by: Mariner_09, February 10, 2018, 11:39pm; Reply: 18
I believe that he has deconstructed the club to  point where it could not be considered a threat to any other side that we ever play.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 10, 2018, 11:42pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Marinerz93
You need to stop calling Fenty Mr his title is John 'The Deconstructor' Fenty everything he touches he deconstructs, kids flags, Mighty Mariner, Trust SLO, the Trust (£200K worth of shares, yummie yummie) Matt Dean and the club. As he deconstructs things he says I'll find a way to fudge things up'

Translated from Italian.

I followed him round the M25 tonight (honest it's true) I made sure I kept a safe braking distance just in case  ;)

One thing that I thought was odd he looked like he went to the game on his own as I could not see anyone in the passenger seat.
Posted by: cleethorpes_mariner, February 10, 2018, 11:45pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I followed him round the M25 tonight (honest it's true) I made sure I kept a safe braking distance just in case  ;)

One thing that I thought was odd he looked like he went to the game on his own as I could not see anyone in the passenger seat.

Nope him and one other in the car
Posted by: Marinerz93, February 10, 2018, 11:47pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Doesn't rob in Grimsby usually drive him around, has Fenty deconstructed him too  ??)
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 10, 2018, 11:48pm; Reply: 22

Did he drop you at your door ;)
Posted by: Cambs Mariner, February 10, 2018, 11:49pm; Reply: 23
[quote=347]You need to stop calling Fenty Mr his title is John 'The Deconstructor' Fenty everything he touches he deconstructs, kids flags, Mighty Mariner, Trust SLO, the Trust (£200K worth of shares, yummie yummie) Matt Dean and the club. As he deconstructs things he says I'll find a way to fudge things up'

I have never met the man and as a fellow businessman I will be respectful to him. Whatever his many shortcomings I won't treat a fellow fan the way he did at the Fans Forum and since then.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 10, 2018, 11:50pm; Reply: 24

Did he drop you at your door ;)
Posted by: Marinerz93, February 10, 2018, 11:55pm; Reply: 25
[quote=347]You need to stop calling Fenty Mr his title is John 'The Deconstructor' Fenty everything he touches he deconstructs, kids flags, Mighty Mariner, Trust SLO, the Trust (£200K worth of shares, yummie yummie) Matt Dean and the club. As he deconstructs things he says I'll find a way to fudge things up'

I have never met the man and as a fellow businessman I will be respectful to him. Whatever his many shortcomings I won't treat a fellow fan the way he did at the Fans Forum and since then.

When I first started working in Engineering, I had a great mentor that not only showed me how complex machines worked but also some tips in life, one being don't just judge people by how they treat you but how they treat others. I have watched Fenty and been told by people who work or have worked for him how he has treated them, which is why I don't respect him. Some but not all those points are raised above.
Posted by: Rob_in_Grimsby, February 10, 2018, 11:56pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Marinerz93

Doesn't rob in Grimsby usually drive him around, has Fenty deconstructed him too  ??)

Yes I do travel with JF to away games,
Posted by: Garth, February 10, 2018, 11:58pm; Reply: 27
Slade may be his mate, but the way things have gone he should sack him even if he was his dad
Posted by: Marinerz93, February 10, 2018, 11:59pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

Yes I do travel with JF to away games,

Glad your ok Rob and haven't been deconstructed.
Posted by: Rob_in_Grimsby, February 11, 2018, 12:07am; Reply: 29
Quoted from Marinerz93

Glad your ok Rob and haven't been deconstructed.

the only thing being deconstructed is my confidence in our team to win a game
Posted by: Cambs Mariner, February 11, 2018, 12:11am; Reply: 30
I think there are a lot of things within GTFC that are being deconstructed at the moment.
Posted by: Marinerz93, February 11, 2018, 12:48am; Reply: 31

I feel the same, and don't know how this is going to be turned around.
Posted by: Marinerz93, February 11, 2018, 12:48am; Reply: 32

Sadly I feel the same, and don't know how this is going to be turned around.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 9:43pm