Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Hagrid, February 10, 2018, 4:36pm
Please sack the management team John. You’re a supporter too, you know in your heart we are heading for oblivion again. Fall on your sword and do the right thing. They must go, we cannot go on like this. The club WILL die if we go out the league again. This could be the biggest few months in our clubs history because i can promise you the fans wont stand by you and the club again. Im begging you, please sack rhem, for the sake of the fans, the club and the town
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, February 10, 2018, 4:37pm; Reply: 1
When you’ve sacked Slade fenty then sack yourself
Posted by: fleabag1970, February 10, 2018, 4:38pm; Reply: 2
That's the problem with fenty he takes it personally ... the fans don't like him because he makes the same mistakes over again ...
Posted by: Tangerine Chris, February 10, 2018, 4:38pm; Reply: 3
Should have put this is sign language Hagrid as it will fall on deaf ears
Posted by: davmariner, February 10, 2018, 4:42pm; Reply: 4
Slade and Wilko have to go. We can stay up with this team but not with this management.
Posted by: TAGG, February 10, 2018, 5:13pm; Reply: 5
What I would ask Mr Fenty at this time is - do you really want your legacy read ‘the man who killed Grimsby Town Football Club’???
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, February 10, 2018, 5:15pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from TAGG
What I would ask Mr Fenty at this time is - do you really want your legacy read ‘the man who killed Grimsby Town Football Club’???

Well he hasn't shown one scrap of initiative or put enough investment in for 15 years so what did he expect?
Posted by: fleabag1970, February 10, 2018, 5:30pm; Reply: 7
John fenty ... the man who rescued grimsby town football club ...... and then killed it
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 10, 2018, 5:36pm; Reply: 8
John you will gain a bit of respect from the fans if you sack him now,

Keep backing him and you will  receive the same hate from the fans that Slade is getting

You know it makes sense.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, February 10, 2018, 5:44pm; Reply: 9
I think the more pertanant question is, how much?

How much will it cost to sack slade
How much more time will Slade be given
How much will it cost if, or realistically when, we get relegated
How much for you to release your strangle hold on his club John

Seriously.....these are the only important questions.
This club is dying on its ar5e because of a poor managerial appointments.
Posted by: Badger57, February 10, 2018, 5:45pm; Reply: 10
Since you might miss it in another thread John, IF contract money is the problem in getting rid then bawarmy has a very sensible and workable idea, gardening leave. Get him out of the building and let Mooro take over until the end of the season. Worth thinking about John. It's either that or relegation and you don't want that do you? Or do you???
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, February 10, 2018, 5:49pm; Reply: 11
Whatever happens from here on in there is no way Slade can bring back any credibility; even if we do survive season ticket sales will be a disaster so may as well pull the trigger now, even for a temporary replacement.
Posted by: Zmariner, February 10, 2018, 6:04pm; Reply: 12
Very sad times for us. A lot of us will attend only a few games if we go down as were bored senseless by the conference. Absolutely clear Slade not up to the job any more. Getting rid would galvanise the support , how s new manager would deal with the shite he has signed us another matter
Posted by: ginnywings, February 10, 2018, 6:05pm; Reply: 13
Whatever happens from here on in there is no way Slade can bring back any credibility; even if we do survive season ticket sales will be a disaster so may as well pull the trigger now, even for a temporary replacement.

Exactly! He is on a hiding to nothing. He was as soon as he walked back in the door.
Posted by: Maringer, February 10, 2018, 6:39pm; Reply: 14
When Slade returned, I thought we'd see competent, well-organised but uninspiring football and, to be fair, that's what we initially got last season and up to December this season.

However, following the methodical removal of Bignot's signings and the sub-par loan replacements, we've looked anything but competent or organised.

I doubt anyone at the club can see any chance of an improvement as long as the status quo remains so I hope we have an announcement by lunchtime tomorrow.
Posted by: scott_gtfc_89, February 10, 2018, 6:44pm; Reply: 15
If we go down which I think we will, we will not come back up for a long time if at all,

We have hardly any players under contract next season, we will have to build from scratch, and we all know how hard it is to attract good talent from non league,

Slade has to go our only chance of staying up and having the chance to try build from scratch next season
Posted by: GrimRob, February 10, 2018, 6:50pm; Reply: 16
I fully expect a big showing at Cambridge welcoming the new manager, or at least a caretaker team. Please, John not another week in purgatory. You are just delaying the inevitable.
Posted by: Ipswin, February 10, 2018, 6:52pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Zmariner
Very sad times for us. A lot of us will attend only a few games if we go down as were bored senseless by the conference.

Can't agree with that -  its the only place where we actually win any matches

Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 10, 2018, 6:59pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Ipswin

Can't agree with that -  its the only place where we actually win any matches

I found non league pretty intolerable last time. I wouldn't tolerate it again because this situation with Slade has been created by the non chairman's incompetence.
Posted by: ginnywings, February 10, 2018, 7:15pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from GrimRob
I fully expect a big showing at Cambridge welcoming the new manager, or at least a caretaker team. Please, John not another week in purgatory. You are just delaying the inevitable.

There will be a new manager in the dug out next week. The Cambridge dug out. They stuck to the 6 game rule. ;)
Posted by: A Brace Of Tees, February 10, 2018, 7:50pm; Reply: 20
I fell asleep in October 2016 feeling really happy and expecting to have sweet dreams during the night. We still had a bright young manager who was tactically competent, who the players loved playing for and who had got us into a playoff position in our first few months back in the football league. But instead of nice peaceful dreams, I had the most shocking nightmare whereby that bright young manager fooked off to manage someone else and was replaced firstly, by an unintelligible buffoon and then by a man who kept referring to his PowerPoint statistics while our beloved club disintegrated into a pile of ashes.

Then I woke up, and thought “don’t worry it was only a nightmare...I’m sure Paul Hurst didn’t desert us after all”. Then I realised it wasn’t a nightmare...it has actually happened!

Mr Fenty I have often defended you while others have been critical...but I have to tell you now that the game is up. You know what you have to do. And if you fail in your duty, then I’m afraid history will judge you as a coward...a man who could have done the right thing to save our club, but chose not to.

Please John...before it’s too late...I’m begging you to pull the trigger.
Posted by: TAGG, February 10, 2018, 7:58pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I found non league pretty intolerable last time. I wouldn't tolerate it again because this situation with Slade has been created by the non chairman's incompetence.

I’m with you mate.  
I will not be going back to BP if we are a non league club again.
If by some miracle we don’t go down I won’t be renewing my ST if Russ is still in charge.

Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 10, 2018, 8:08pm; Reply: 22
Fenty will at least have acheived his ambition of making a mark on GTFC history. He'll be the only person to have presided over the club getting relegated out of the League TWICE.

That bunch in 1910 are mere amateurs by comparison. They only managed it once, and that was when there were only 2 divisions in the League. Getting dumped out of the 4th division twice is really exceptional.
Posted by: Marinerz93, February 10, 2018, 8:25pm; Reply: 23
He might read it but he won't give a flying fig what anyone is or has been telling him for months. Let's not forget that Fenty brought Slade back so when Slade goes, Fenty has to go as well, including the benign debt, clean slate all round.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, February 10, 2018, 8:47pm; Reply: 24
Slade = utter disaster.

There are 5.4 million businesses in the UK and I would imagine that someone who had performed as badly as Slade would have been have sacked from 5,399,999 of them.

I literally can not think how he could have made a worse job of it, we are a complete and utter shambles. It's not one thing, it's everything. It's so bad it's beyond the pale.
Posted by: RichMariner, February 11, 2018, 12:51am; Reply: 25
In Slade's 16 games in charge of Coventry he won 3, drew 5 and lost 8, scored 17 conceded 26.

In Slade's last 16 games in charge of Grimsby he's won 3, drawn 4 and lost 9, scored 10 conceded 24.

Now, he was only given 16 games at Coventry and they were in all sorts of trouble on and off the pitch. He couldn't sign any of his own players and they were already doomed, so you can sort of understand why his record was so bad there.

Worryingly, he's actually been worse for us - and that's after he was given a head start, i.e. April to December, during which he could bring in his type of players and spend literally half a year coaching them to play his way.

There can be no excuses. He was a disaster at Coventry and he's been even more of a disaster with us.

Fenty spoke about a manager being only 6 games away from the sack. A lot of people have been pointing at our last 12 games, but the problems go back even further.

Last 20 games he's won 3, drawn 6 and lost 11, scored 10 conceded 27.

This is APPALLING.

15 points from a possible 60 - relegation form over nearly half a season.

Let me know if you want me to put this in a powerpoint presentation, John, if that's what it takes. More than happy to ram these down Slade's stupid face.
Posted by: Marinerz93, February 11, 2018, 12:54am; Reply: 26
Quoted from RichMariner
In Slade's 16 games in charge of Coventry he won 3, drew 5 and lost 8, scored 17 conceded 26.

In Slade's last 16 games in charge of Grimsby he's won 3, drawn 4 and lost 9, scored 10 conceded 24.

Now, he was only given 16 games at Coventry and they were in all sorts of trouble on and off the pitch. He couldn't sign any of his own players and they were already doomed, so you can sort of understand why his record was so bad there.

Worryingly, he's actually been worse for us - and that's after he was given a head start, i.e. April to December, during which he could bring in his type of players and spend literally half a year coaching them to play his way.

There can be no excuses. He was a disaster at Coventry and he's been even more of a disaster with us.

Fenty spoke about a manager being only 6 games away from the sack. A lot of people have been pointing at our last 12 games, but the problems go back even further.

Last 20 games he's won 3, drawn 6 and lost 11, scored 10 conceded 27.

This is APPALLING.

15 points from a possible 60 - relegation form over nearly half a season.

Let me know if you want me to put this in a powerpoint presentation, John, if that's what it takes. More than happy to ram these down Slade's stupid face.

You don't need a powerpoint presentation when a picture writes a thousand words of what we think of Sladeball.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/aFNlSWi.gif[/img]
Posted by: RichMariner, February 11, 2018, 1:08am; Reply: 27
Can I just add that in 2009/10 Neil Woods' first 20 league games in charge was as follows:

Won 0, drew 14, lost 6, scored 13 conceded 23

So that was 14 points from a possible 60. Despite not winning, we actually scored 3 more and conceded 4 fewer when compared to Slade's last 20 games in charge here.

So, in a nutshell, while this current winless run might only be 12 games, the damage/evidence is actually over the last 20 games which compares almost exactly the same as our points haul in that terrible 09/10 run.

That's how serious this situation is.
Posted by: sutton mariner, February 11, 2018, 1:32am; Reply: 28
Please just sack him
Posted by: Hagrid, February 11, 2018, 4:33pm; Reply: 29
Thanks for reading and acting John
Posted by: friskneymariner, February 11, 2018, 4:43pm; Reply: 30
Now lets get behind the team,put our differences aside,pack the park on 24th  and let Fenty see how much his misplaced loyalty has cost the club in attendance.
Let's show the support for the Team and demonstrate to Fenty there is still support for the Football Club.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, February 12, 2018, 1:34pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from friskneymariner
Now lets get behind the team,put our differences aside,pack the park on 24th  and let Fenty see how much his misplaced loyalty has cost the club in attendance.
Let's show the support for the Team and demonstrate to Fenty there is still support for the Football Club.

He's always known how well supported the club is.... for whatever reasons, he just chose to back Slade over the "vocal minority" until it probably dawned on him he was backing a loser

Thankfully he's seen sense but I would argue that he still doesn't really consider that us fans have much of a role to play in how the club is likely to progress....if it does actually progress of course, depending on who gets appointed and whether they can get anything out of this squad

We're not out of the mire yet just because Slade has been despatched  :-/
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 11:25am