Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: sutton mariner, February 9, 2018, 5:56pm
It’ll be nine games in a row I’ve been to and we haven’t scored. Even my last goal was Disley’s consolation at Barnet...

Does anyone else have a worse record?

Fingers crossed...
Posted by: oochiad, February 9, 2018, 5:59pm; Reply: 1
I maybe clutching at straws here but please don’t go as you seem to give us bad luck!............😉😉
Posted by: sutton mariner, February 9, 2018, 6:13pm; Reply: 2
It did cross my mind to stay away, but it’d be over 12 months without a goal as I’m away for a bit after this!!
Posted by: Reverendmariner, February 9, 2018, 6:15pm; Reply: 3
We shall score. Jackson will score two, we'll win 2-1, and we shall have turned the corner. :)
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 9, 2018, 6:18pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from sutton mariner
It’ll be nine games in a row I’ve been to and we haven’t scored. Even my last goal was Disley’s consolation at Barnet...

Fingers crossed...

We know who to thank then if Russ gets the sack  
[img]http://www.pic4ever.com/images/29dz8zk.gif[/img]
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 9, 2018, 6:23pm; Reply: 5
If we don't score tomorrow Slade will just bring in another couple of strikers , ;D

I know we can not play them but Russ is building for next season.
Posted by: ginnywings, February 9, 2018, 6:47pm; Reply: 6
We knew it was the fan's fault and the fan in question is sutton mariner.
Posted by: RichMariner, February 9, 2018, 7:12pm; Reply: 7
I've only made three games this season and we didn't score in any of them.

Last goal I saw was the 4th v Yeovil last season.

Of course, the only way you make sure you don't have terrible records and hard luck stories is by attending every single game!
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 9, 2018, 7:34pm; Reply: 8
Never mind scoring I’d be more concerned about us concerning
Posted by: golfer, February 9, 2018, 8:12pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from promotion plaice

We know who to thank then if Russ gets the sack  
[img]http://www.pic4ever.com/images/29dz8zk.gif[/img]

Thankyou in anticipation
Posted by: moosey_club, February 9, 2018, 8:13pm; Reply: 10

Fingers crossed...

Scott Vernon ?  ;)
Posted by: Teesknees, February 9, 2018, 9:11pm; Reply: 11

Fingers crossed...

I've got the Best of The Dooleys.... that's far worse!!
Posted by: chaos33, February 9, 2018, 9:15pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Never mind scoring I’d be more concerned about us concerning

What?

;)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 9, 2018, 11:07pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Teesknees

I've got the Best of The Dooleys.... that's far worse!!

;D ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: sutton mariner, February 10, 2018, 5:46pm; Reply: 14
Sorry boys. I take full responsibility. The Sutton Mariner curse strikes again.

Also, 3 3-0 defeats on the bounce for me now (Stanley, Yoovil and today).

You’ll all be pleased to know I’m away for the next 5 weeks, so we’re sure to see a sudden upturn in form.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, February 10, 2018, 5:48pm; Reply: 15

Yeah I don't think my brother has actually seen us win in the last 4 years
Posted by: ex-merseymariner, February 10, 2018, 6:20pm; Reply: 16

Fingers crossed...

Summerfield and Berrett; 54 appearances between them this season without a goal is worth a mention.........

Posted by: chaos33, February 10, 2018, 6:32pm; Reply: 17
Same midfield that was obvious to us all was below par some 18 months ago when Hurst left us it. How the hell is it still the same two who took York down you may ask?! The answer - incompetence in management and ownership. Low standards.

Centre midfield is key. You can't expect to do anything if you're weak in there, and the stats show no goals and precious few assists. If you add them to wide players like Woolford and Kelly, you'll see why our midfield can generally be regarded as utter pish. You bet your granny it's a major factor in our predicament, and a stark indicator of continued mismanagement.
Posted by: RonMariner, February 10, 2018, 6:34pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from ex-merseymariner

Summerfield and Berrett; 54 appearances between them this season without a goal is worth a mention.........

Both signed by Hurst who now it seems can do no wrong. But hiring the midfield paring that took York out of the league was one of Hurst's more curious decisions. I can only surmise that he must have been given an incredibly tiny budget in order to have to do that.

I hear today that Nolan and Rodman set up the first Shrews goal. What would we give to have those two in the side now.
Posted by: RonMariner, February 10, 2018, 6:41pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from chaos33
Same midfield that was obvious to us all was below par some 18 months ago when Hurst left us it. How the hell is it still the same two who took York down you may ask?! The answer - incompetence in management and ownership. Low standards.

Centre midfield is key. You can't expect to do anything if you're weak in there, and the stats show no goals and precious few assists. If you add them to wide players like Woolford and Kelly, you'll see why our midfield can generally be regarded as utter pish. You bet your granny it's a major factor in our predicament, and a stark indicator of continued mismanagement.

Correct. At one time we had about ten midfielders, most of whom were either mediocre or injury prone. Rather like the bunch of 'strikers' we have now.  The squad has been horribly mismanaged for two years now.

I had hoped that Slade would know better and, given the fact he has had more clubs than Tiger Woods, you would have thought he would have loads of contacts, and would be able to put a good squad together.  Shows how naive I was.
Posted by: sutton mariner, February 11, 2018, 5:03pm; Reply: 20
I'll bask in the glory of being the sole reason Slade finally got the sack
Print page generated: May 2, 2024, 7:45am