Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: RoboCod, February 5, 2018, 9:24am
Getting back to the football for a bit, highlights are up. Things that stand out...Matt's finishing is not good, his strength is his, well..strength but have we found the right partner to benefit from this? Lots of knockdowns but the front pairing (take your pick) don't look to be in sync at all and so many knock-ons and passes into space go astray.
Really feel we need to nail down a front pair that perform and stick with it. On that note the best bit of action is the final piece from JD, he has to be encouraged to do this more, wriggle and squirm and make his way into the box.  I've not seen such a static Town team in a long time, all hovering and waiting for some killer pass to pick them out.

More JD please.

[youtube]hFUVXBvRlCk[/youtube]
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, February 5, 2018, 10:04am; Reply: 1
Matt and Jackson have known each other for about 5 minutes, give them chance

Who is JD?
Posted by: ginnywings, February 5, 2018, 10:16am; Reply: 2
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Matt and Jackson have known each other for about 5 minutes, give them chance

Who is JD?

JD is my numbing solution of choice after watching Town.  :)
Posted by: RoboCod, February 5, 2018, 10:17am; Reply: 3
Yeah, I'm giving them a chance.

D.j, JD, JJ...jesus, did you watch the clip?
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, February 5, 2018, 10:26am; Reply: 4
Quoted from RoboCod
Yeah, I'm giving them a chance.

D.j, JD, JJ...jesus, did you watch the clip?

I was at the match...
Posted by: ginnywings, February 5, 2018, 10:35am; Reply: 5
https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2018/february/ifollow--cheltenham-highlights/

Extended highlights here.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 5, 2018, 10:53am; Reply: 6
Personally think that Matt gives the rest of the team an excuse to lump it long. Don't know what the stats say but his goal output is terrible and it's goals we need. It's not like he's creating loads either.
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 5, 2018, 10:55am; Reply: 7
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Personally think that Matt gives the rest of the team an excuse to lump it long. Don't know what the stats say but his goal output is terrible and it's goals we need. It's not like he's creating loads either.

If we played 2 smaller quick strikers maybe the team would have to pass the ball,

OR

Would Slade still tell them to hoof it ?
Posted by: Abdul19, February 5, 2018, 1:28pm; Reply: 8
We seem very deep on their goal considering how far out the free kick was (and a wall?!)
Posted by: ginnywings, February 5, 2018, 1:47pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Abdul19
We seem very deep on their goal considering how far out the free kick was (and a wall?!)

You spotted the wall as well then. Even Messi wouldn't have likely attempted a direct shot from there. For a manager that likes to have everyone back in the box for corners, why did we have those players just stood in no mans land? There was all sorts of mistakes from that free kick. Hopeful punt into the box would be more descriptive
Posted by: moosey_club, February 5, 2018, 3:56pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Abdul19

Yeah but none of that matters as Pell was offside so the goal should not have stood and we won the match 1-0...in fact 2-0 because Matt smashes them chances in all day in training so he really should have been given that one late on. ...

:o

oohh what..where am i ? ...i feel all dizzy....apologies ..i seem to have been temporarily possessed by Russell Slade there.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), February 5, 2018, 4:24pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I think his stats are by far the best of the 'permanent' lads (I know he's on loan but it's a year). Jackson's were superb up until the last 124 games. But I think Jackson could be massively important, although you'd probably have to pair him with a big lad so it sticks to him. Trouble is Matt has a touch like a giraffe on ice. I don't see Vernam and Jackson working together, although I like Vernam.
Posted by: Maringer, February 5, 2018, 4:26pm; Reply: 12
One thing is for sure, Vernam is no winger. Put in a shift but didn't find any space but for when he drifted inside and didn't get down the line either.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, February 5, 2018, 8:08pm; Reply: 13
Thier goal was due to a defender missing the ball groan.
Print page generated: May 5, 2024, 10:00pm