Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Bedlington_mariner, February 4, 2018, 10:22pm
Before i get absolutely slated (probably for several reasons) here's the background My dad was from Grimsby, I was born in Doncaster My grandma was one of the one's responsible for getting Tony Ford through the turnstiles and at the age of 8 my Dad said son,I cannot afford to take you to both Grimsby and Doncaster games, you have to pick a team..... Doncaster were 3rd in league 2 Grimsby were about 19th....So i picked Grimsby as the chips were better and there were loads of arcades (including a Dalek) on the trip to the ground...

I dont know whats going on politically but here's my view:-

I support the club, I hate the type of football we are playing at the minute and i put that fairly at the foot of the manager, I believe he has no idea with regards to players, how to play, his signings have been awful and we have gone backwards massively under his leadership.

As for Mr Fenty, It was his decision to employ him so with him lays the blame, on the pr side, On a good forsaken night in Carlisle (i think they were a league lower than us) in some awful trophy game it was cold, wet and  i think there was about 30 of us their and we had a  useless goalie, he came and stood with me and bought me a coffee, he actually thanked me for turning up.

Anyway what i am trying to say is if i won the lottery and bought the club i would probably have made wrong decisions, hired the wrong person and would probably be disliked by alot of the Grimsby faithful.. All i want is winning entertaining football.and here ends my rant / first post.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 4, 2018, 10:32pm; Reply: 1
Nothing controversial there Bedders. No red crosses (I hope).

Love your reasons for supporting Town!
Posted by: ginnywings, February 4, 2018, 10:37pm; Reply: 2
No red cross from me. I would say welcome but your post count says 24. :-/
Posted by: Marinerz93, February 4, 2018, 10:51pm; Reply: 3
Is it your birthday, 21 again or should we say 24th ;)
Posted by: ginnywings, February 4, 2018, 10:54pm; Reply: 4
Forgot to add that it was good post. The bit about the chips made me chuckle. Got to get your priorities right.
Posted by: mariner91, February 4, 2018, 11:04pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Bedlington_mariner
at the age of 8 my Dad said son,I cannot afford to take you to both Grimsby and Doncaster games, you have to pick a team..... Doncaster were 3rd in league 2 Grimsby were about 19th....So i picked Grimsby as the chips were better and there were loads of arcades (including a Dalek) on the trip to the ground...

I think this is my favourite thing I've ever read on here.
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 4, 2018, 11:23pm; Reply: 6
Before i get absolutely slated (probably for several reasons) here's the background My dad was from Grimsby, I was born in Doncaster My grandma was one of the one's responsible for getting Tony Ford through the turnstiles and at the age of 8 my Dad said son,I cannot afford to take you to both Grimsby and Doncaster games, you have to pick a team..... Doncaster were 3rd in league 2 Grimsby were about 19th....So i picked Grimsby as the chips were better and there were loads of arcades (including a Dalek) on the trip to the ground...

I dont know whats going on politically but here's my view:-

I support the club, I hate the type of football we are playing at the minute and i put that fairly at the foot of the manager, I believe he has no idea with regards to players, how to play, his signings have been awful and we have gone backwards massively under his leadership.

As for Mr Fenty, It was his decision to employ him so with him lays the blame, on the pr side, On a good forsaken night in Carlisle (i think they were a league lower than us) in some awful trophy game it was cold, wet and  i think there was about 30 of us their and we had a  useless goalie, he came and stood with me and bought me a coffee, he actually thanked me for turning up.

Anyway what i am trying to say is if i won the lottery and bought the club i would probably have made wrong decisions, hired the wrong person and would probably be disliked by alot of the Grimsby faithful.. All i want is winning entertaining football.and here ends my rant / first post.

First post ?
[img]http://www.pic4ever.com/images/290.gif[/img]
Posted by: ginnywings, February 4, 2018, 11:41pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from promotion plaice

First post ?
[img]http://www.pic4ever.com/images/290.gif[/img]

Probably meant first thread/rant he's started.
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 4, 2018, 11:44pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from ginnywings

Probably meant first thread/rant he's started.

If so I fully apologise......just trying to bring a bit of humour to The Fishy   :)

Posted by: ginnywings, February 4, 2018, 11:49pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from promotion plaice

If so I fully apologise......just trying to bring a bit of humour to The Fishy   :)

No apology needed PP. I pointed out the same, but then it just dawned on me what he may have meant.  :)

It was nice to read an opening post that had a bit of humour to it for a change. Too much doom and gloom around.
Posted by: livosnose, February 4, 2018, 11:53pm; Reply: 10
What do you want a medal ?
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, February 5, 2018, 6:08am; Reply: 11
Our chips are loads better than donnys 😂
Posted by: golfer, February 5, 2018, 7:56am; Reply: 12
B.M.---Did you mean the useless goalie stood next to you and bought you a coffee or was it J.S.F.? P.S.  If you won the lottery could I have a selfie on your snooker table
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 5, 2018, 5:28pm; Reply: 13
You will not get a red cross from me  BD  as I do not play that silly game. :)
Posted by: Bedlington_mariner, February 5, 2018, 5:29pm; Reply: 14
Just to Clarify, it was 28th September 2005, Jf bought me a coffee and the usless goalie was Anthony Williams.........It was his fault we conceeded one of the goals and it was the Footbal league Trophy we were playing in......... :)
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 5, 2018, 10:47pm; Reply: 15
Just to Clarify, it was 28th September 2005, Jf bought me a coffee and the usless goalie was Anthony Williams.........It was his fault we conceeded one of the goals and it was the Footbal league Trophy we were playing in......... :)

(scared)
Print page generated: May 2, 2024, 1:46pm