Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Ipswin, February 4, 2018, 9:06am
Gone even quieter on the new ground front (I refuse to call it a stadium thats where athletics and greyhound racing takes place)

I suspect that Fenty has had bad news on the new ground plans. I can't see him selling or walking away from the club if there was even a remote chance of it all happening and it would certainly explain him going so widely public about his keenness to sell the club.

It was probably never going to happen anyway but without Fenty to push for it and the need for it disappearing (Guiseley and Barrow won't bring many fans) its not only a dead duck but potentially one of the things that just might have attracted a new buyer has disappeared.

There's no way Fenty would go if Peakes Parkway was still a goer.

With or without Fenty a broken club in a knackered ground in the Conference (or even bottom half of Div 4) is a worrying prospect
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, February 4, 2018, 9:16am; Reply: 1
Even before all this my expectations of a new ground was next to zero now it is zero
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, February 4, 2018, 9:24am; Reply: 2
More chance of getting a ground built after the flats have come down imho.

just a point about B.P. and surrounding area visiting teams going down Harrington St must think what a fecking shithole.

The paths are covered in dog shat most of the houses are piled up with bin bags and junk the main stand entrance looks like a rotten wood and rusty corrugated iron shanty town my god it's depressing.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, February 4, 2018, 9:27am; Reply: 3
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

Why’s that ?
Posted by: Ipswin, February 4, 2018, 9:57am; Reply: 4
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

just a point about B.P. and surrounding area visiting teams going down Harrington St must think what a fecking shithole.

The paths are covered in dog shat most of the houses are piled up with bin bags and junk the main stand entrance looks like a rotten wood and rusty corrugated iron shanty town my god it's depressing.

Of course after all Freeman Street is so much nicer than Harrington Street and area isn't it? Less dog excrement and bin bags to step around All you need to look out for are the spiced-out dossers and beggars, far more salubrious
Posted by: denni266, February 4, 2018, 11:27am; Reply: 5
looks to me like it has been a dead duck for ages.. Fenty would not want to get out if it looked like happining... wonder how much we have spent trying to get a new ground over the years ?
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 4, 2018, 11:41am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Ipswin

Of course after all Freeman Street is so much nicer than Harrington Street and area isn't it? Less dog excrement and bin bags to step around All you need to look out for are the spiced-out dossers and beggars, far more salubrious

It would be if they knocked that down as well and started anew,

It wont happen though.
Posted by: moosey_club, February 4, 2018, 12:11pm; Reply: 7
JF first said he would step aside and sell in 2010 (i think it was) ...long before the PP was even dreamt of, so i dont particularly link the two now......however..... that doesnt mean i believe PP is either realistic, likely or the appropriate place to move to.
Posted by: kevikov, February 4, 2018, 12:26pm; Reply: 8
We chose to work with a Company that doesn't do the building themselves, they set up enabling partners to fund the build while getting to build houses and commercial ventures to pay off the stadium build, so any enabling partners have to work with a company who are just joining dots and getting fortunes for it and work with a football club who have a board of directors we know are a nightmare to engage with and stuck firmly in the 1800's. Add in the local council who seem in no rush to support the new stadium so ask yourself, who would get involved with that scenario?
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, February 4, 2018, 12:29pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from kevikov
We chose to work with a Company that doesn't do the building themselves, they set up enabling partners to fund the build while getting to build houses and commercial ventures to pay off the stadium build, so any enabling partners have to work with a company who are just joining dots and getting fortunes for it and work with a football club who have a board of directors we know are a nightmare to engage with and stuck firmly in the 1800's. Add in the local council who seem in no rush to support the new stadium so ask yourself, who would get involved with that scenario?

Whs
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 12:10pm