Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: ginnywings, February 3, 2018, 7:42pm
https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1517522878//id-1206597#id1206597

In response to the above post, i was this morning contacted by John and invited along to meet him, along with "several others, as you wish, or not".

He says he and Jon (Wood, i presume) would be happy to answer any questions regarding how decisions are arrived at, democracy etc etc. He also said it would be a pleasure to meet MARINERZ 93 and have all his questions.

I wouldn't normally post details of a PM on site, but obviously this is an open invitation to anyone who wants to participate. I feel it can't be too many as it would probably get too unwieldy, but the offer is there for anyone who wants it. I'm undecided myself as i am not really that concerned about the democratic process of how decisions are arrived at. I'm more concerned at the decisions themselves. I'm also getting past the point of caring about GTFC personally, but others may want to have some answers.

So there you have it, it's up to you now. I'm to text him with a suitable date if you want to go ahead? He says he looks forward to it.

He signs off by saying:

Thanks John.

Just as concerned as you supporter UTM
Posted by: fishyfanny, February 3, 2018, 7:50pm; Reply: 1
I think that's a very telling remark, that you don't care about GTFC anymore. I'm sure you do, you just don't care what the current board have to say anymore!
Posted by: Marinerz93, February 3, 2018, 7:50pm; Reply: 2
He can Pm me on here if he wants like he has a couple of times in the past but when I've said something to him in a pm he isn't interested in my view and he certainly isn't interested in answering any questions as I posed them to him in a pm also.

I don't understand why he is making out it would be a pleasure to meet me after he told Pete I was a nasty piece of work so he can go swing.
Posted by: TAGG, February 3, 2018, 7:53pm; Reply: 3
No good me or anyone else going it's to late and Fentys ego is to big it would be like talking to the wall.
Anyhow i would be to shouty and sweary because of how angry I am about what a intercourse he's made of our club.
Posted by: Marinerz93, February 3, 2018, 7:55pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from TAGG
No good me or anyone else going it's to late and Fentys ego is to big it would be like talking to the wall.
Anyhow i would be to shouty and sweary because of how angry I am about what a intercourse he's made of our club.

That was evident at the fans forum and in pm's too.
Posted by: Freemoash88, February 3, 2018, 8:09pm; Reply: 5
Fair play to John I've got a lot of time for the bloke personally. I know I'll get my fair share of red crosses but 1 thing I can't knock him for is facing people head on and that takes balls tbh. He would actually sit in a room with 30 fans and have it out letting everyone give there view.

I'm sure John will hold his hands up and admit he's made mistakes. I don't agree with what went on at the fans forum. I think it was always destined to go wrong especially all the events leading up to it.

I thank the bloke for his support to the Club and I feel we need to back the team and get out of the position we are in.

Please don;t have a pop I'm entitled to my view and I respect yours.
Posted by: chelseacity, February 3, 2018, 8:43pm; Reply: 6
Once John Fenty became a councilor i would guess the writing was on the wall. As a councilor you really do have to put a lot of time & effort in along with meetings, this was bound to take up a lot of John's time which i guess would have an impact on the time that he could give to GTFC. I would also guess that when he started out at GTFC he was full of energy & ideas, bearing in mind he was a massive supporter then, i suppose that as the years have rolled by the energy has been drained from him, not to mention the excrement he gets from the fans who are looking in from the outside but have all the answers.Yes he has made mistakes, but you know a lot of people who he put his trust in have under performed, that includes the players & managers. I do not believe Russel Slade is the right manager for our club & i think it would have been a good idea for John Fenty to have left the club once we got promoted back into the league, this would have allowed him to get on with his life & GTFC to move onto the next stage whatever that would have been. Where are we now ? in trouble, assuming we avoid relegation which i think will happen only because the other football clubs below us are worse than ours, my suggestion is Russel Slade goes & John Fenty also goes, how it happens i don't know, but it needs to happen for everyone's sake.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, February 3, 2018, 8:50pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Freemoash88
Fair play to John I've got a lot of time for the bloke personally. I know I'll get my fair share of red crosses but 1 thing I can't knock him for is facing people head on and that takes balls tbh. He would actually sit in a room with 30 fans and have it out letting everyone give there view.

I'm sure John will hold his hands up and admit he's made mistakes. I don't agree with what went on at the fans forum. I think it was always destined to go wrong especially all the events leading up to it.

I thank the bloke for his support to the Club and I feel we need to back the team and get out of the position we are in.

Don't you see that is what he enjoys? He likes meeting us and having the final word on everything because he holds all the aces. We are an irritant, but occasionally he will throw us a bone to keep our anger under wraps.

We cannot remove him, and of course he is well aware of that. Ignore him is my advice, he will never change, he has no intention of changing (much like the rest of us) and he will only start to listen when somebody puts up the money he thinks he is owed.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 3, 2018, 9:01pm; Reply: 8
I would have thought it's too late for dialogue of the kind where John explains how it is. I think you'd be wasting your time and breath. We know he's not going to change.
Posted by: TAGG, February 3, 2018, 9:08pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Freemoash88

Over the years he’s been running things he’s made mistake after mistake and because of his massive ego he has never admitted to or apologised for any of em.
Posted by: Ipswin, February 3, 2018, 9:17pm; Reply: 10
I would love to meet him but as he has asked me 'PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE never contact me again' saying it is none of my business and 'who really cares about your vile 'sish' (sic) mates' that might prove difficult. But put my name on any list and see what happens (I think I can guess).

Personally I think it would be a total and utter waste of time, many of the questions you listed in your original posting (basically all the intercourse ups) are identical to those I asked in my PM to him in November which led to the reply seen below as my signature. I have tried to speak to him before face to face at Colchester only to be fobbed off

All he wants to do is to churn out the same old platitudes we saw at the fans forum, when he was sitting on his snooker table and in the recent statement from the board.

Please go (frankly I wouldn't cross the street to talk to him as I know which way it would go even less drive up from Suffolk) as I would be interested to hear how you read him

If only he would admit his faults and mistakes instead of blaming others and circumstances, admit his decisions are awful and wrong and be 100% honest instead of feeding us bullshit I could live with him as non-chairman / major share holder etc. as I would be the first to recognise his passion and contribution to the club. He won't and things will not improve.
Posted by: Marinerz93, February 3, 2018, 9:44pm; Reply: 11
1. John, when we get relegated will Russ be in charge when we are in non league.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 3, 2018, 9:49pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from ginnywings
https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1517522878//id-1206597#id1206597

In response to the above post, i was this morning contacted by John and invited along to meet him, along with "several others, as you wish, or not".

He says he and Jon (Wood, i presume) would be happy to answer any questions regarding how decisions are arrived at, democracy etc etc. He also said it would be a pleasure to meet MARINERZ 93 and have all his questions.

I wouldn't normally post details of a PM on site, but obviously this is an open invitation to anyone who wants to participate. I feel it can't be too many as it would probably get too unwieldy, but the offer is there for anyone who wants it. I'm undecided myself as i am not really that concerned about the democratic process of how decisions are arrived at. I'm more concerned at the decisions themselves. I'm also getting past the point of caring about GTFC personally, but others may want to have some answers.

So there you have it, it's up to you now. I'm to text him with a suitable date if you want to go ahead? He says he looks forward to it.

He signs off by saying:

Thanks John.

Just as concerned as you supporter UTM

When you met him before apart from us going up how much of what he told you came true? I am sure it would be a good thing for him to meet with small groups of reasonable supporters but I fear he would just put the defense mechanism into play like he did when Nathan went to see him.

Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, February 3, 2018, 9:56pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from HertsGTFC

When you met him before apart from us going up how much of what he told you came true? I am sure it would be a good thing for him to meet with small groups of reasonable supporters but I fear he would just put the defense mechanism into play like he did when Nathan went to see him.

He will obviously have answers to all of Ginny's points, but other than that what would be the point of meeting him?

He will say things are not as clear cut as supporters think, and then go on to say why all those decisions were made.

Any decision is based on something tangible, but that is not the point. He continues to make decisions that for one reason or another are poor ones for the football club. Even the one success he has had was a bit of a fluke (although we played well in the final) and nothing he has done has taken us one iota forward.

We are on life support, and have been for years, and that is about the sum of it.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 3, 2018, 10:06pm; Reply: 14

He will obviously have answers to all of Ginny's points, but other than that what would be the point of meeting him?

He will say things are not as clear cut as supporters think, and then go on to say why all those decisions were made.

Any decision is based on something tangible, but that is not the point. He continues to make decisions that for one reason or another are poor ones for the football club. Even the one success he has had was a bit of a fluke (although we played well in the final) and nothing he has done has taken us one iota forward.

We are on life support, and have been for years, and that is about the sum of it.

I could not agree more.
Posted by: ginnywings, February 3, 2018, 10:13pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from HertsGTFC

It wasn't that sort of discussion. It was about comments i had made regarding the Mike Parker situation but mostly about the clubs Chicken Tray trophy stance. I think the meeting was just after we got promoted anyway, though i'm not certain of it.

It looks like there isn't much traction for this latest offer of a meeting.  
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 3, 2018, 10:20pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from ginnywings

It wasn't that sort of discussion. It was about comments i had made regarding the Mike Parker situation but mostly about the clubs Chicken Tray trophy stance. I think the meeting was just after we got promoted anyway, though i'm not certain of it.

I'm surprised at that. I would like to meet up with him but fear in his view I've over stepped the mark on here to be a credible participant..
Posted by: Bigdog, February 3, 2018, 10:24pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I'm surprised at that. I would like to meet up with him but fear in his view I've over stepped the mark on here to be a credible participant..

I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that one Herts..
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, February 3, 2018, 10:25pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from ginnywings

The best he could say is yes I agree I have made a mess of just about everything; he won't of course, and even if he did it doesn't help us does it?

The only thing that would work is money. How about we split the amount he needs, and make him an offer?
Posted by: Grantley, February 3, 2018, 10:28pm; Reply: 19
Chicken Tray  ;D
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 3, 2018, 10:34pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Bigdog

I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that one Herts..

To be honest up until the Fans Forum I actually just considered him an idealistic, enthusiastic amateur who was out of his depth. However the fact that he sat there and presided over one of the most public embarrassments the club has served up did it for me, so much that I considered never going to a game again, Marley telling supporters to shut up was unforgivable IMHO.

I deal with very difficult characters at director level daily in my job, the ones who believe their own BS are the hardest to align.      
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, February 3, 2018, 10:44pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from HertsGTFC

To be honest up until the Fans Forum I actually just considered him an idealistic, enthusiastic amateur who was out of his depth. However the fact that he sat there and presided over one of the most public embarrassments the club has served up did it for me, so much that I considered never going to a game again, Marley telling supporters to shut up was unforgivable IMHO.

I deal with very difficult characters at director level daily in my job, the ones who believe their own BS are the hardest to align.      

I said at the time of the forum that would be the beginning of the end. It was completely unforgivable to act like that. I still cannot quite believe it.  

You cannot act like that in a public forum which was being filmed for all and sundry to view and get away with it.

The thing that made me smile was that he was revelling in it - quite unaware what it would look like to the fan base and people at large. We all make mistakes but he got too cocky because at the time we'd had a couple of decent results.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 3:24pm