Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 935 (Guest), February 1, 2018, 5:59pm
Take our minds off the madness of the managerial/board exploits who do you reckon we ll see line up on Saturday...?

I reckon he ll stick with 352

Killip

Easah
Collins
Clarke

Dixon
Summers
McAllister
Berrett
Mills

Jackson
Vernham
Posted by: livosnose, February 1, 2018, 6:04pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from 935
Take our minds off the madness of the managerial/board exploits who do you reckon we ll see line up on Saturday...?

Killip

Easah
Collins
Clarke

Dixon
Summers
McAllister
Berrett
Mills

Jackson
Vernham

What no Scott Vernon ?

Posted by: Ruston AT, February 1, 2018, 6:06pm; Reply: 2
Woodford?
Posted by: 935 (Guest), February 1, 2018, 6:13pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from livosnose

What no Scott Vernon ?

fingers crossed
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 1, 2018, 6:15pm; Reply: 4
Why have we signed Wilks ?
Posted by: 935 (Guest), February 1, 2018, 6:17pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from grimsby pete
Why have we signed Wilks ?

Isnt it all part of Slades mega secret masterplan to have ALL the strikers thereby removing the threat from other teams..?? And in all seriousness he was used to good effect as a supersub for Accrington- but again he probably needs more than the 10 mins that RS will afford him...
Posted by: itsnotcoditshaddock, February 1, 2018, 6:17pm; Reply: 6
It’ll be back to 442 with a Berrett and Summers midfield two. Probably Jackson wide left and then Vernam and Wilks upfront.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, February 1, 2018, 6:19pm; Reply: 7
I'd be flabbergasted is Slade selected McAlister. More likely Woolford in the middle three.
Posted by: samg, February 1, 2018, 6:20pm; Reply: 8
Unfortunately as sad as it is I couldn't care less,and it grieves me to say that
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 1, 2018, 6:21pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from 935

Killip

Easah
Collins
Clarke

Dixon
Summers
McAllister
Berrett
Mills

Jackson
Vernham

McAllister,  have you be at the magic mushrooms?
Posted by: ginnywings, February 1, 2018, 6:57pm; Reply: 10
Suspect it will be back to 4-4-2. We only have two central midfielders available, unless he sticks Woolford in there. Summerfield, Berrett and Woolford have 1 goal and 3 or 4 assists between the lot of them. Lethal.

We have gone from a team with masses of midfielders and not much in the striker department, to loads of strikers and woefully short in the middle. Supremely good planning there.
Posted by: Posh Harry, February 1, 2018, 7:24pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from ginnywings
Suspect it will be back to 4-4-2. We only have two central midfielders available, unless he sticks Woolford in there. Summerfield, Berrett and Woolford have 1 goal and 3 or 4 assists between the lot of them. Lethal.

We have gone from a team with masses of midfielders and not much in the striker department, to loads of strikers and woefully short in the middle. Supremely good planning there.

It’s not planning ginny, it’s building, building for the future 😉
Posted by: Mariner93er, February 1, 2018, 7:28pm; Reply: 12
Might as well give Clifton a go, we can't get any worse right now.
Posted by: ginnywings, February 1, 2018, 7:29pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Posh Harry

It’s not planning ginny, it’s building, building for the future 😉

Oh yeah, silly me.
Posted by: 935 (Guest), February 1, 2018, 7:30pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from ginnywings

For what is worth I d like to see Vernam in centre midfield, he seems to thrive on picking the ball up deep and creating.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, February 1, 2018, 7:38pm; Reply: 15
I think he will go 4 -4-2

Killip, Mills,  Clarks, Collins Dixon, Dembele, Summers, Berrett, Woolford, Matt & Jackson

Unfortunately I would select same back 5 unless Davies can return at left back.

Think it is time to actually attack and give youth its head so I would pick:

Dembele, Clifton, Summers, DJ, Vernam & Jackson.

No target man ball on the floor get some pace and youthful enthusiasm supported by experience at the back, think I could get behind this team and in all honesty cannot be any worse than we have had to watch in other home games
Posted by: chaos33, February 1, 2018, 7:42pm; Reply: 16
Thanks to brilliant 'building' and supreme 'planning' and managerial skill we can have the proven (below par) York-relegation pair of Summerfield and Berrett (that'll be good) and the awe inspiring pace and talent of Dixon down the left to supply quality balls for a 'take your pick' striker who won't actually have made it into the box. Still, we might fluke a penalty or an own goal, you never know.

Sit back and be entertained by the master plan. Behold the artistry and passion.
Posted by: Grantley, February 1, 2018, 7:48pm; Reply: 17
Clifton, Woolford, Vernon, Fenty and Mighty are all ahead of McAllister in the pecking order.
Posted by: lukeo, February 1, 2018, 7:52pm; Reply: 18
4 2 4 anyone? Didn't Lincoln play it the season we met them in the play offs?
Posted by: 935 (Guest), February 1, 2018, 8:28pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from chaos33
Thanks to brilliant 'building' and supreme 'planning' and managerial skill we can have the proven (below par) York-relegation pair of Summerfield and Berrett (that'll be good) and the awe inspiring pace and talent of Dixon down the left to supply quality balls for a 'take your pick' striker who won't actually have made it into the box. Still, we might fluke a penalty or an own goal, you never know.

Sit back and be entertained by the master plan. Behold the artistry and passion.

Unfair on Summerfield who has been a shining light this season- fair enough he s not scored but off the ball he is constantly talking and encouraging players , works his balls off and gives everything. I d actually give him the armband I were in charge. Handbags aside he was the first to go and congratulate Vernam on his first goal too
Posted by: ginnywings, February 1, 2018, 8:37pm; Reply: 20
Summerfield has given his all i agree, and i have no truck with him. But we aint scoring or creating much at all from midfield, so we need a least one creative player in there with him. McConville at Accy for instance has 8 goals and 4 assists. He was superb against us.
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 10:00pm