Posted by: Sigone, January 31, 2018, 11:22pm
Undisclosed
Posted by: Henryscat, January 31, 2018, 11:23pm; Reply: 1
Confirmed on OS

Undisclosed fee
Posted by: Madeleymariner, January 31, 2018, 11:23pm; Reply: 2
I really hate this manager
Posted by: Grantley, January 31, 2018, 11:24pm; Reply: 3
Laughable. Though good luck, to Jones and Hurst.
Posted by: Balthazar Bullitt, January 31, 2018, 11:24pm; Reply: 4
[url]https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2018/january/jones-makes-salop-move/[/url]
Posted by: Balthazar Bullitt, January 31, 2018, 11:25pm; Reply: 5
12 goals in 28 appearances.

Pretty obvious why we got rid
Posted by: Skrill, January 31, 2018, 11:26pm; Reply: 6
(crying)
Posted by: jonnyboy82, January 31, 2018, 11:27pm; Reply: 7
Hahahahahah..

This fvcking club.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, January 31, 2018, 11:27pm; Reply: 8
Did we get LJL in part exchange.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, January 31, 2018, 11:29pm; Reply: 9
So in one transfer window we've either sold or loaned out 3 of our best 4 midfielders.
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 31, 2018, 11:30pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Did we get LJL in part exchange.

No.....swap deal with both clubs managers.

Posted by: Chrisblor, January 31, 2018, 11:31pm; Reply: 11
Absolutely disgusting, throwing away our best player and top scorer because the muppet in charge alienates creative players and is utterly incapable of man management.
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 31, 2018, 11:34pm; Reply: 12
I have mentioned a couple of times from my source that RS didn't think much of him and his constant substitutions and the look on his face as he was taken off looked like he didn't want to be here.

Failure to score against Cheltenham on Saturday will make RS look a bigger girl private than he is now.
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 31, 2018, 11:34pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Chrisblor
Absolutely disgusting, throwing away our best player and top scorer because the muppet in charge alienates creative players and is utterly incapable of man management.

Probably why him and John are besties.
Posted by: Abdul19, January 31, 2018, 11:34pm; Reply: 14
Jesus fucking Christ.
Posted by: Balthazar Bullitt, January 31, 2018, 11:38pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Chrisblor

This in chuffing spades!

What a bunch of lying illegitimates - ill my bottom!
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 31, 2018, 11:39pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Abdul19
Jesus fucking Christ.

I doubt even he can help us now. :(
Posted by: hheh2, January 31, 2018, 11:40pm; Reply: 17
Wow so who the intercourse is going to score for us now? Jesus wept
Posted by: Kris2, January 31, 2018, 11:40pm; Reply: 18
Absolutely not acceptable. Get rid of the one who scores goals after demotivating him completely like the rest of the team and bring in like 10 strikers who all have issues hitting the back of the net or who are young inexperienced players.

Never before have I just wanted a season to end because it's an embarrassment the way things have been handled.
Posted by: Skrill, January 31, 2018, 11:43pm; Reply: 19
Does Slade understand that as a manger your supposed to be responsible for keeping squad cohesion and not selling your best players?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 31, 2018, 11:43pm; Reply: 20
Just when you think it's safe to go to bed without any more bad news. Then, wham!
Posted by: ginnywings, January 31, 2018, 11:47pm; Reply: 21
I'm fooking fuming at this. You said you would bring in quality and not only have you not done that, you have let the only quality players we had left leave. It's symptomatic of the sh1tshow that is GTFC, we are losing our best player to Shrewsbury fooking Town.

Slade is acting like a despot, ridding the entire previous regime from the history books. If we have three better players than Sam Jones, Chris Clement and Jamey Osbourne left on the books, then i'm a fooking Martian.
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 31, 2018, 11:48pm; Reply: 22
Apparently didn't know about it till 6pm and had another offer as well.

https://www.shrewsburytown.com/news/2018/january/jones-signs-on/
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 31, 2018, 11:50pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from ginnywings
I'm fooking fuming at this. You said you would bring in quality and not only have you not done that, you have let the only quality players we had left leave. It's symptomatic of the sh1tshow that is GTFC, we are lsoing our best player to Shrewsbury fooking Town.

Slade is acting like a despot, ridding the entire previous regime from the history books. If we have three better players than Sam Jones, Chris Clement and Jamey Osbourne left on the books, then i'm a fooking Martian.

I despise Slade and his sidekick even more now.

Look on the bright side, we've still got Hooper. ;)
Posted by: Badger57, January 31, 2018, 11:51pm; Reply: 24
nincompoop and Shithouse.
Lost for words at the ineptitude and downright brainlessness of ^^
:o :o :o :o :o :o
Posted by: Sigone, January 31, 2018, 11:51pm; Reply: 25
Is that all of bignot's signings gone bar asante and he can't be too far off leaving to the conference.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 31, 2018, 11:52pm; Reply: 26
Having said all that, good luck Sam, you're better off out of here anyway, with that idiot in charge.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 31, 2018, 11:53pm; Reply: 27
Shrewsbury flipping Town though.
Posted by: lancspontooner, January 31, 2018, 11:54pm; Reply: 28
And for that reason I'm out. Got a season ticket but can't support this Board and management team any longer. Last time I nearly missed a home game voluntarily was under Woods. Fortunately he got sacked. Unfortunately that isn't going to happen this time. I was hoping we could unite behind Dave Moore on Saturday but I personally can't do this any more with Slade in charge.
Posted by: Sigone, January 31, 2018, 11:55pm; Reply: 29
At least he's made a step up, better them than port vale.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 31, 2018, 11:55pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Shrewsbury flipping Town though.

I know, but as sad as that is, they are a go ahead club pushing for the Championship, so you can't blame him for going.
Posted by: Badger57, January 31, 2018, 11:58pm; Reply: 31
I'm sooooo mad at tonight's excrement that I'm seriously in danger of spontaneously combusting so I better go to bed before I really say something I shouldn't.....
Posted by: EY Mariner, February 1, 2018, 12:00am; Reply: 32
I've felt for a few days now that the likes of Jones and Dembele are better off away from us. Jones has looked a shadow of the player he was last season. Some of that has to be down to him, but by no means all. I, for one, wish him all the best.
Posted by: bradzmilne, February 1, 2018, 12:06am; Reply: 33
I'm absolutely flipping done.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 1, 2018, 12:17am; Reply: 34
Quoted from ginnywings

I know, but as sad as that is, they are a go ahead club pushing for the Championship, so you can't blame him for going.

It's not him I'm blaming. How did this come to pass eh? We should have been closing the gap on these, historically smaller clubs. And go check the population of Shrewsbury. Surrounded by countryside.

We should have been building on promotion 18 months ago. Crowds were up, we were heading in the right direction, we were solvent, now look at us. Complete reversal. copulated about getting rid of managers after a few months. Failed yet again to market season tickets. drunk off the fanbase two seasons running by supporting the Checkatwat. Kept quiet when fans were mistreated at Stevenage. Made nonsensical announcement after nonsensical announcement. Engineered a highly respected SLO out of the position that you'd appointed her to (yet somehow 'think' she works for another organisation). Treated the host of the forum with disrespect and acted unprofessionally. Select as developers of the new stadium a no-mark bunch of posh skateboarders who insult your supporters. Keep your mate in post despite his recruitment and retention policy being blatantly aimed at shipping out talent and on-boarding journeymen. Allow players out on loan to rivals in the scrap to avoid relegation.

Fenty sling your hook. You've copulated us up once with non-League football. Now it's happening again. You've cost us far more than the 'benign' loans you've made. Accept you're a failure at running a football club before you totally wreck it.
Posted by: sydney, February 1, 2018, 12:18am; Reply: 35
40+ years I’ve followed Town
Can’t remember been so down
Why oh why have u let our best player go to hurst
RS you are worse than a stain,  you’re a curse
I’ve absolutely had enough u and this terrible mess
Garden Centres and chores now for me on match day I guess
Done with u unless u change it
So hard for me to say this but feel so so sh!t

RIP GTFC 😢😢
Posted by: ginnywings, February 1, 2018, 12:25am; Reply: 36

It's not him I'm blaming. How did this come to pass eh? We should have been closing the gap on these, historically smaller clubs. And go check the population of Shrewsbury. Surrounded by countryside.

We should have been building on promotion 18 months ago. Crowds were up, we were heading in the right direction, we were solvent, now look at us. Complete reversal. copulated about getting rid of managers after a few months. Failed yet again to market season tickets. drunk off the fanbase two seasons running by supporting the Checkatwat. Kept quiet when fans were mistreated at Stevenage. Made nonsensical announcement after nonsensical announcement. Engineered a highly respected SLO out of the position that you'd appointed her to (yet somehow 'think' she works for another organisation). Treated the host of the forum with disrespect and acted unprofessionally. Select as developers of the new stadium a no-mark bunch of posh skateboarders who insult your supporters. Keep your mate in post despite his recruitment and retention policy being blatantly aimed at shipping out talent and on-boarding journeymen. Allow players out on loan to rivals in the scrap to avoid relegation.

Fenty sling your hook. You've copulated us up once with non-League football. Now it's happening again. You've cost us far more than the 'benign' loans you've made. Accept you're a failure at running a football club before you totally wreck it.

I'm as hacked off as you that those country bumpkins are a million miles from us, just as locally, Scunny and now Lincoln are looking at us in their rear view mirror. In fact Scunny can't even see us any more, we are that far behind them. I hope the few grand we got for Jones was worth p1ssing the fans off even more, which i didn't think possible until 30 mins ago.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 1, 2018, 12:32am; Reply: 37
The thought that occurred to me is that the assets are being stripped.  Assuming we got a decent fee (but I can't see Shrewsbury having that much cash). The Bogle money contributed to repayment of some of the loans. As the prospect of the new stadium recedes ('it's all gone quiet over there') maybe the realisation is dawning that the only way to get your loans repaid is to sell your assets.

The other thing that struck me is that, bar Dembele, the only remaining decently-performing players were signed pre-Slade.
Posted by: ginnywings, February 1, 2018, 12:45am; Reply: 38
Quoted from ginnywings
I'm fooking fuming at this. You said you would bring in quality and not only have you not done that, you have let the only quality players we had left leave. It's symptomatic of the sh1tshow that is GTFC, we are losing our best player to Shrewsbury fooking Town.

Edited my original post because what i meant was that i despise what Slade and Wilko are doing on the playing side, not them personally.
Posted by: lukeo, February 1, 2018, 4:46am; Reply: 39
If Hurst had come in for him a couple of weeks ago and been keen since then and eventually got Fenty to let Jones go then fair enough but by the sounds of it, that isn't the case. Can't complain at Jones for making a step up. This club has become a joke. I've never once expected another promotion but I did expect some stability and some half decent football and mid table finishes for a couple of seasons... Not much to ask was/is it? Ffs.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, February 1, 2018, 5:04am; Reply: 40
Slade didn’t rate him and then he moves to Shrewsbury.
Just shows what a c.unt of a manager this idiot is .
And we sign yet another fooking has been striker that only signed cos he managed him at the last club he got relegated and sacked from .
Slade your a clown and fenty your his Crusty side kick bum chum . If we get relegated every fan of GTFC will hold you 2 t.wats personally responsible.
Over to you Simeon fooking Jackson to save us ffs
Posted by: Posh Harry, February 1, 2018, 5:22am; Reply: 41
Just gutted.

Lost all hope.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 1, 2018, 5:51am; Reply: 42
Undisclosed fee............ aka straight in someone’s pocket.

WTF does everything have to be so cloak and dagger.

Disgraceful IMHO.

Good luck to Sam Jones, who flourish under a manager players respect.
Posted by: OllieGTFC, February 1, 2018, 7:04am; Reply: 43
Hahaha Hursty done us over on this one
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 1, 2018, 7:07am; Reply: 44
There is a positive - maybe - possibly the fee can go towards paying Slade off.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, February 1, 2018, 7:12am; Reply: 45
Just when you think it's safe to go to bed without any more bad news. Then, wham!

I strongly advise you to put your head under the covers and stay there it won`t be getting any better :'(
Posted by: 1mickylyons, February 1, 2018, 7:14am; Reply: 46
Good luck to Jones though a good player who deserved better than what he has had Managing him the last 10 Months.
Posted by: Maringer, February 1, 2018, 7:29am; Reply: 47
I wouldn't imagine the fee will be much. Hardly torn up any trees this season after his promising start last year and I'm far from convinced about his temperament. I wonder if his collapse in form a couple of months ago came about because he'd heard of other interest? Anyway, it will be interesting to see what Hurst does with him a division higher.

Question is, are any of these new signings better than him? Let's hope so.

I'd always thought Slade was a very pragmatic manager but the way he's systematically cleared out Bignot's signings, including the more skilful players, speaks of something other than pragmatism.

Wouldn't surprise me if the wage bill was now considerably lighter than it was a few months ago.
Posted by: mariner91, February 1, 2018, 7:31am; Reply: 48
Good luck to Jones. I'd say it's quite obvious we're being asset stripped. Forget the nonsense about backing the manager. We've brought in three inexperienced players and a player that hasn't really scored much in years. We've also shipped out arguably our best player. Either the board really are in cuckoo land and don't think there's any chance we could get relegated. Or a certain someone has realised he's never getting all his money back so is making the most of the few assets we have left to recoup as much as he can. The only surprise is that Dembele is still here.

Fenty you're an absolute cock. Accept you have made a complete mess of running this football club, accept that your tenure has put us years behind where we could have been and accept that you've cost us far more than you've ever lent us. There is no way you should get any of it back. Fuck off out of the club with your tail between your legs and just hope that your legacy isn't being the man that took us to non-league twice.
Posted by: RoboCod, February 1, 2018, 7:54am; Reply: 49
Just as with Clements it feels like Slade didn't rate.nor even like Jones. Asante knows all about that and I reckon Osborne picked up on something similar but went the wrong way about fixing it.
I'm just surprised he didn't loan Jones to Barnet to help them out.
Posted by: Gaffer58, February 1, 2018, 7:57am; Reply: 50
Without going back to Slade's post match interview on Tuesday at best I can recall he said Jones had a virus but had trained that day, he knew nothing of any interest/ transfer. Then 24 hours later he's gone, these transfer negotiations don't take long to organise.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, February 1, 2018, 7:59am; Reply: 51
Quoted from Gaffer58
Without going back to Slade's post match interview on Tuesday at best I can recall he said Jones had a virus but had trained that day, he knew nothing of any interest/ transfer. Then 24 hours later he's gone, these transfer negotiations don't take long to organise.

He may have fibbed it seems a fairly common trait at GTFC
Posted by: headingly_mariner, February 1, 2018, 8:00am; Reply: 52
There's something very wrong about the whole situation with Jones. He looked comfortably our best player till a loss of form in recent months. He was the only one capable of hitting the net with any sort of regularity and needed working with to improve. He was the one capable of 20 goals in this division. He struck me as being a bit of a sulky twit, but that's were a manager needs to manage.

It's a huge gamble to take selling your biggest goal threat when you can't score.  

The statement the other week was clearly hot air. Fenty Out.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, February 1, 2018, 8:04am; Reply: 53
Quoted from 1mickylyons

He may have fibbed it seems a fairly common trait at GTFC

And does anyone believe Jones when he says he knew nothing until 6 o’clock? Pull the other leg. The player is a willing accomplice in all this.

I think his virus is a common one called Hursttapupitis.

Posted by: Stew0_0, February 1, 2018, 8:04am; Reply: 54
Can we have another fans forum please.

Ive got a hell of a lot to say!!!!
Posted by: 1mickylyons, February 1, 2018, 8:05am; Reply: 55
Quoted from Stew0_0
Can we have another fans forum please.

Ive got a hell of a lot to say!!!!

They should provide tents and a stove for this one it will take weeks
Posted by: 1mickylyons, February 1, 2018, 8:06am; Reply: 56

And does anyone believe Jones when he says he knew nothing until 6 o’clock? Pull the other leg. The player is a willing accomplice in all this.

He was linked with a lot of Clubs in fairness Ron hardly surprising when on form he was one of League 2 better players.
Posted by: moosey_club, February 1, 2018, 8:28am; Reply: 57
Bye Sam....good luck....fair to say there will be more than just Shrewsbury fans tracking your future career.

I wonder if Gateshead had a sell on clause hence why we are undisclosed at this moment ?

Could have developed into a genuine fans favourite but unfortunately ...as happens everywhere in football.....with a change in manager there is fallout, definitely has not been anything like the Sam Jones of last season and has received criticism this season for being lazy, greedy, sulky.. we can all hazard a guess as to why.....but.....players move on, GTFC remains.

Them new boys better start scoring as with the current atmosphere we are virtually losing 1-0 to Cheltenham already.

Posted by: Garth, February 1, 2018, 8:39am; Reply: 58
Quoted from EY Mariner
I've felt for a few days now that the likes of Jones and Dembele are better off away from us. Jones has looked a shadow of the player he was last season. Some of that has to be down to him, but by no means all. I, for one, wish him all the best.

The last few weeks he played like a man who had voices in his ear ;)
Posted by: monkeyboy, February 1, 2018, 9:03am; Reply: 59
[tweet][/tweet]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DU79Q8iXcAAfq38.jpg
Posted by: fishyfan, February 1, 2018, 9:32am; Reply: 60
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Undisclosed fee............ aka straight in someone’s pocket.

WTF does everything have to be so cloak and dagger.

Disgraceful IMHO.

Good luck to Sam Jones, who flourish under a manager players respect.

straight in someones pocket....give your head a wobble you clown....he has been bang average most of the season and shocking the last 2 months and doesnt look like he gives a monkeys so not worth keeping him is it
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 1, 2018, 9:36am; Reply: 61
It is obvious to me and many on here that Jones has been sold to fund all Slade's other signings that can not get in the match day squad.

He has signed so many poor players and Fenty has allowed him to sign another 2 who might not play a lot of games,

BUT

Our top scorer is allowed to go you could not make it up.
Posted by: Civvy at last, February 1, 2018, 9:46am; Reply: 62
[quote=139987]

so not worth keeping him is it[/quote]

Or maybe it is worth keeping him.  And getting rid of the person whose job is to get the best out of him ?

Just a thought  :-/
Posted by: Croxton, February 1, 2018, 10:08am; Reply: 63
After watching Jones let Matt do his running and fail to move away from markers in his last few games it was clear he had no respect for his fellow players. It's one thing not getting on with a manager but his disrespect for the team and fans means I do not wish him well. Just be honest Sam! Be professional.
I have no faith in any board statements, player or manager interviews, Telewag articles or journo twitter garbage. I only believe what happens on the pitch. Jones sold everyone short. He should get on well with sniffer at Shrewsbury.
Posted by: bradzmilne, February 1, 2018, 10:18am; Reply: 64
Jones was the one player left in that squad capable of scoring goals. Admittedly you can't keep an unhappy player but why the question should be why is he unhappy? And you'd imagine that the answer is clear for everyone to see.

I'm sorry but I genuinely think we could be doomed.
Posted by: malkamalka, February 1, 2018, 10:33am; Reply: 65

Hmm, night off, phone call from Slade or whoever deals with transfers. Tells him interest from Shrewsbury. Thinks about it. Gets changed and drives to Shrewsbury - 2 1/2 hours? Now 9. pm. Taken for a look around the place. Has a medical - he's supposedly ill, so takes longer than normal. Benefit of the doubt - 2 hours. Talks personal terms. Agrees personal terms. Somewhere along the way, a fee is agreed. What, no haggling? Deal done and sealed at FA Headquarters.

6 pm seems a long way off - unless of course the fee was already agreed before the player was told, and the medical was done a lot closer to Grimsby than Shrewsbury.

Posted by: sapper mariner, February 1, 2018, 11:52am; Reply: 66
It's always the same with this club. Release a statement saying we have had no interest then the next day we have sold players just be honest. They don't have to tell us all the details but give the fans some information
Posted by: oldun, February 1, 2018, 2:35pm; Reply: 67
Hursty knows what he is doing. Ex town forming the spine of his promotion chasing team. Henderson in goal, Toto central defence, Nolan centre mid and I be he plays Jones as an attacking mid. He has Shop and I am surprised he hasn't got Podge.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 1, 2018, 10:59pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from fishyfan

straight in someones pocket....give your head a wobble you clown....he has been bang average most of the season and shocking the last 2 months and doesnt look like he gives a monkeys so not worth keeping him is it

Sorry son. Two things. He played well before Slade got his mitts on him. Second, don't use the phrase 'give your head a wobble'. It makes you sound a pratt. I'm sure you're not, but come on. Do yourself a favour. Give your head a wobble.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 1, 2018, 11:00pm; Reply: 69
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I strongly advise you to put your head under the covers and stay there it won`t be getting any better :'(

I tried that but the wife farted.
Posted by: ivanosandwich, February 2, 2018, 11:52am; Reply: 70
Not sure if it has been mentioned on here, apologies if it has, but I have read on social meeja that the "other" club that Jones was set to sign for, was Lincoln.

Imagine the meltdown on here if that had happened.

I bet JF was delighted when Shrewsbury came in, dodging an extra bullet there.
Posted by: Tommy, February 2, 2018, 12:41pm; Reply: 71
Quoted from ivanosandwich
Not sure if it has been mentioned on here, apologies if it has, but I have read on social meeja that the "other" club that Jones was set to sign for, was Lincoln.

Imagine the meltdown on here if that had happened.

I bet JF was delighted when Shrewsbury came in, dodging an extra bullet there.

Not entirely true.

He wasn't set to sign for Lincoln, but they did come in with an offer which wasn't accepted.
Posted by: ivanosandwich, February 2, 2018, 12:52pm; Reply: 72
Quoted from Tommy

Not entirely true.

He wasn't set to sign for Lincoln, but they did come in with an offer which wasn't accepted.

Okay thanks.

Posted by: TownSNAFU5, February 2, 2018, 12:53pm; Reply: 73
Do we owe Gateshead any money under a sell-on clause?
Posted by: northbankmariner, February 2, 2018, 1:24pm; Reply: 74
I am not too upset with Jones moving on to be honest. His performances like many others have been nothing to write home about and his goals return not brilliant and overall contribution and effort lacking lately.  

I see simeon jackson as a more than adequate replacement. Vastly experienced at a higher level and will be a willing runner with a bit of pace about him which lets be honest we seriously lack up front.  I have a good feeling about him.  I see this as a improvement to be honest, and with him being on the short side it will have to be ball to feet or into space to turn the defenders which we have been crying out for.

Yes we have too many strikers and an unbalanced squad but he could be the answer.
Print page generated: April 30, 2024, 7:14pm