Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Posh Harry, January 31, 2018, 8:03pm
Another striker joined on loan.

Simeon Jackson from Walsall.

We must be losing one or two tonight. This is getting silly.

UTFM
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, January 31, 2018, 8:05pm; Reply: 1
Not writing off simeone jackson as a player, but can’t see how even a really great striker could change our fortunes massively due to the way we play, and im so frustrated at the way our transfer policy has changed this season
Posted by: crusty ole pie, January 31, 2018, 8:05pm; Reply: 2
Ffs we will soon be able to field a team of strikers
Posted by: RexFannies, January 31, 2018, 8:08pm; Reply: 3
Is Arthur Scargill our new manager?
Posted by: cmackenzie4, January 31, 2018, 8:11pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from RexFannies

He’ll be signing Andy Coal next!  ;)
Posted by: denni266, January 31, 2018, 8:12pm; Reply: 5
Arr thats fentys plan,, we have enough players to field a second team in next seasons chectrade or what ever it is  ;D
Posted by: hippo130, January 31, 2018, 8:13pm; Reply: 6
Underwhelmed only played 46 league games since 2013/2014 scoring 7 goals not exactly prolific. Another player on the way down the leagues ready for retirement
Posted by: pontoonlew, January 31, 2018, 8:13pm; Reply: 7
I'll be happy with this if we're getting rid of some strikers. If not it's ridiculous.
Posted by: jimgtfc, January 31, 2018, 8:14pm; Reply: 8
He’s scored well over 100 goals in his career and played in the Premier League, hopefully he can do us a favour and bag a few more before the end of the season.
Posted by: moosey_club, January 31, 2018, 8:15pm; Reply: 9
it really is a strange one....three strikers in the transfer window....yet nothing as yet to bolster our paper thin defence or the craft or guile RS referred to as being missing from the midfield....although i think he fancies Vernam behind a striker as opposed to out and out.

Matt
Vernam
Asante
Cardwell
Vernon
Jones (based on where he has been played)
Wilkes
Jackson
Hooper

Embarrassing number of strikers.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, January 31, 2018, 8:18pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from RexFannies

He was good at losing, so probably so.
Posted by: TwoLeftFeet, January 31, 2018, 8:18pm; Reply: 11
Remember him being a decent striker hope he still is.. need a midfield to feed him now
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 31, 2018, 8:18pm; Reply: 12
He use to be a very very good striker, small and fast

Assume we have some departing
Posted by: Bigdog, January 31, 2018, 8:21pm; Reply: 13
How the board of a struggling Division Four side can let their manager have ten strikers on the books (including Akheem) and think he's a competent manager building something is beyond me..

Surely we are crying out for a quicker centre half at least as cover and a creative midfield player?
Posted by: Ashby mariner, January 31, 2018, 8:22pm; Reply: 14
Since leaving Norwich he’s played 127 times scoring 14.
Posted by: 935 (Guest), January 31, 2018, 8:23pm; Reply: 15
With Osborne presumably banned for a game or two what cover do we have at CB?
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, January 31, 2018, 8:25pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from moosey_club
it really is a strange one....three strikers in the transfer window....yet nothing as yet to bolster our paper thin defence or the craft or guile RS referred to as being missing from the midfield....although i think he fancies Vernam behind a striker as opposed to out and out.

Matt
Vernam
Asante
Cardwell
Vernon
Jones (based on where he has been played)
Wilkes
Jackson
Hooper

Embarrassing number of strikers.

You missed off Akheem Rose
Posted by: ginnywings, January 31, 2018, 8:25pm; Reply: 17
Perhaps we have a queue of players waiting to sign, but it's a strict one out, one in policy.  :o
Posted by: ginnywings, January 31, 2018, 8:26pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from 935
With Osborne presumably banned for a game or two what cover do we have at CB?

Andy Warrington.
Posted by: chaos33, January 31, 2018, 8:29pm; Reply: 19
Yeah and that's about it. One injury to Collins or Clarke and we are totally stuffed, with a fight for survival in prospect. Why would the board allow this?
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 31, 2018, 8:30pm; Reply: 20

Anyway welcome to GTFC Simeon, hope you can help us stay up.
Posted by: moosey_club, January 31, 2018, 8:31pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Southwark Mariner

You missed off Akheem Rose

Well as he isnt technically registered as a player then i missed him out.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, January 31, 2018, 8:45pm; Reply: 22
Better than I thought we'd end up with. Hopefully he's still more than capable at this level.
Posted by: blundellpork, January 31, 2018, 9:18pm; Reply: 23
The fact that we have eight strikers already and can’t score, surely tells you that nothing will change upon the arrival of a ninth. If only we had some creative midfield players, maybe like Osbourne, Clements and Bolarinwa. Oh wait!
Posted by: GrimRob, January 31, 2018, 9:21pm; Reply: 24
We might as well use some of these players who don't even make the bench as ball boys
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 31, 2018, 9:27pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from GrimRob
We might as well use some of these players who don't even make the bench as ball boys

Only if they know how to huddle up in groups chatting and happy to the leave it to the match day players to retrieve the ball   ;)

Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 31, 2018, 9:32pm; Reply: 26
flipping ludicrous. And people complained about Bignot's recruitment of players. The guy's shot his bolt. In cloud cuckoo land. Either that or he's deliberately trying to wreck the club.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, January 31, 2018, 9:41pm; Reply: 27
Another shite past it striker and a kid from villa who’s probably going to be sat on the bench when slade reverts back to 442
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, January 31, 2018, 9:43pm; Reply: 28
How he hasn’t got the sack is totally beyond me
Posted by: chaos33, January 31, 2018, 9:45pm; Reply: 29
Anything else mate....? ;)
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, January 31, 2018, 9:48pm; Reply: 30
Yeah I want to hear him explain why he signed so much excrement in the summer
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 31, 2018, 9:51pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Yeah I want to hear him explain why he signed so much excrement in the summer

You and four and a half thousand other people.
Posted by: barrattstandman, January 31, 2018, 10:28pm; Reply: 32
I bet the players just signed will be dreading playing at BP after seeing themselves being pulled to pieces by the guys on here . Welcome to the pleasure dome
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 31, 2018, 10:33pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from barrattstandman
I bet the players just signed will be dreading playing at BP after seeing themselves being pulled to pieces by the guys on here . Welcome to the pleasure dome

Have many pulled them to pieces?
Posted by: barrattstandman, January 31, 2018, 10:41pm; Reply: 34
Ashby Mariner, Louth in the South any more ?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 31, 2018, 10:44pm; Reply: 35

You honestly think some loanees are going to make a beeline for a message board they've never heard of? Twitter I understand. People in the outside world know about that.
Posted by: Stadium, January 31, 2018, 10:47pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from KingstonMariner

You honestly think some loanees are going to make a beeline for a message board they've never heard of? Twitter I understand. People in the outside world know about that.

And even if you did would you take any notice of anything on here??
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 31, 2018, 10:52pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Stadium

And even if you did would you take any notice of anything on here??

We do  :)
Posted by: Maringer, January 31, 2018, 11:05pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from KingstonMariner

And even if they did find their way to the Fishy, they'd just shrug and think, "Oh, well, it's just a few months and I'll be getting paid."

The young defender is an interesting one. Reportedly nowhere near ready when he played for Cheltenham last year, but 12 months development can be a long time when you're that age. Probaby just a back-up player, however.
Posted by: GrimRob, January 31, 2018, 11:16pm; Reply: 39
Every year follows the same pattern now.

June: "We're going to have a smaller squad of around 24 players"
January: The squad swells to 40 players
Spring: The old manager is sacked and the new one is given time to assess his squad. It takes him two weeks to even learn their names.
May: The new manager has to release half the team and still ends up with a load of players he doesn't want
August: Our "star" new signings arrive long after the rest of squad have finished their pre-season
October: Everyone realises we are excrement
Posted by: kevikov, January 31, 2018, 11:49pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from GrimRob
Every year follows the same pattern now.

June: "We're going to have a smaller squad of around 24 players"
January: The squad swells to 40 players
Spring: The old manager is sacked and the new one is given time to assess his squad. It takes him two weeks to even learn their names.
May: The new manager has to release half the team and still ends up with a load of players he doesn't want
August: Our "star" new signings arrive long after the rest of squad have finished their pre-season
October: Everyone realises we are excrement

Nothing if not consistent!

Posted by: AdamHaddock, January 31, 2018, 11:54pm; Reply: 41
If the hungry goalscorer is still in there then I'm happy with this signing. Welcome Simeon
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, February 1, 2018, 4:53am; Reply: 42

No, they won't they are only on loan so summer they are back to their own clubs. The real people I feel for is those on contracts Slade has no faith in them whatsoever.  

NINE STRIKERS FFS they will have to start using the club shop replica shirts at this rate.

Being one choice in NINE at a bottom league outfit is absolutely stupid how is that suppose to help team bonding or the clubs finances.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 1, 2018, 5:55am; Reply: 43

I doubt they know the fishy exists mate, or even care.

Then again maybe they didn’t know Grimsby exists until 6 o’clock yesterday
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 1:44am