Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Sigone, January 31, 2018, 3:31pm
Lets make our rivals stronger....possibly  ;)
Posted by: horsforthmariner, January 31, 2018, 3:33pm; Reply: 1
Is this suggestive that Slade is staying?
Posted by: FishFan101, January 31, 2018, 3:33pm; Reply: 2
Strengthening a relegation rival at this stage of the season is absolutely bonkers.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 31, 2018, 3:34pm; Reply: 3
Words fail me
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 31, 2018, 3:34pm; Reply: 4
I thought this was bullshit this morning when I got a text! Ffs
Posted by: Bigdog, January 31, 2018, 3:36pm; Reply: 5
And Rose is banned for three games..

Chaotic, No cover in central midfield, yet out he goes..

Don't even get me started on cover in other areas like CH.. yet we've got 50 forwards..
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 31, 2018, 3:36pm; Reply: 6
I hope he does not help them stay up.
Posted by: Father Christmas, January 31, 2018, 3:36pm; Reply: 7
Agent Clements, what’s the odds on 6 own goals in the remaining games?
Posted by: Mikey_345, January 31, 2018, 3:37pm; Reply: 8
Absolutely crazy!
Posted by: gary_elton, January 31, 2018, 3:38pm; Reply: 9
Absolutely bonkers strengthening your relegation rivals.... well done whoever made that decision.... ffs....
Posted by: Hagrid, January 31, 2018, 3:39pm; Reply: 10
flipping joke
Posted by: moosey_club, January 31, 2018, 3:39pm; Reply: 11
If the club see Clements as absolutely useless...and they clearly do....how can they consider this as strengthening the opposition ?

He wasnt even playing by the end of his loan spell to a conference side only a few weeks ago....one less on our wage bill.

Having said that....bound to pop up in the final game of the season....assuming of course we completely disregarded any clause to stop him playing against us  :o
Posted by: RoboCod, January 31, 2018, 3:40pm; Reply: 12
He really doesn't like Clements, that's clear. I bet Asante's gone into hiding ::)
Posted by: Sigone, January 31, 2018, 3:41pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from moosey_club

Having said that....bound to pop up in the final game of the season  :o

You can't play against your parent club on loan.

Posted by: davmariner, January 31, 2018, 3:42pm; Reply: 14
I just can’t believe the stupidity.
Posted by: Bigdog, January 31, 2018, 3:42pm; Reply: 15
Who does that leave us.. ahh yes, the York City pair..

It's like a clusterfuck of so many deja vus of relegation at the minute..
Posted by: moosey_club, January 31, 2018, 3:47pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Bigdog
Who does that leave us.. ahh yes the York City pair..

It's like a clusterfuck of so many deja vus of relegations at the minute..

Rose, Clifton, Jones and Woolford all can play centrally.
Posted by: lukeo, January 31, 2018, 3:47pm; Reply: 17
Came on here whilst at work to comment on this but you've all beaten me to it. Regardless of how good or bad and lowering the wage bill you do not help teams out who we may potentially be battling relegation with!!
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 31, 2018, 3:49pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from moosey_club

were is Mccallister these days?
Posted by: Badger57, January 31, 2018, 3:50pm; Reply: 19
Fenty, you're not flipping real are you? NO, REALLY you can't be.
Unbelievably stupid decision but should I be surprised? Which I am! More fool me I guess. ;/
Posted by: Maringer, January 31, 2018, 3:50pm; Reply: 20
Utter idiocy, regardless of what you think of Clements as a player. On the one hand, it's brazening it out claiming we're not concerned about relegation, but this clearly isn't the case given our recent form.

Every point he helps them win potentially puts us one point closer to exit from the Football League. If we'd not already seen so much nonsense this season, I wouldn't believe it.
Posted by: Teestogreen, January 31, 2018, 3:50pm; Reply: 21
Who have we got that we can help out Barnet with?  :-/
Posted by: Abdul19, January 31, 2018, 3:53pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from moosey_club

That's my appetite whetted. The English Chris Llewellyn.

Yet another ludicrous GTFC decision.
Posted by: forza ivano, January 31, 2018, 3:55pm; Reply: 23
apparently he's a top earner; hasn't played this season and is obviously not fit/rated (remember he couldn't even get a regualr game in ashiite barrow team).
would make sense IF we could bring in someone decent (harry pell anyone? lol)
Posted by: lee65, January 31, 2018, 3:57pm; Reply: 24
Nah, it's brilliant spy work

Clements will put some corned beef in to their salad sandwiches, "whistle blow" to Dale Vince, who will then ban all the first team from playing !
Posted by: MarinerBen, January 31, 2018, 4:11pm; Reply: 25
From what I remember of Clements I'd love to see him play alongside Summerfield. But this decision is totally absurd.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, January 31, 2018, 4:12pm; Reply: 26
Not a great loss and a big earner, but it's crazy letting him go to them.
Posted by: moosey_club, January 31, 2018, 4:25pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

were is Mccallister these days?

i didnt include him as i have no freakin idea !!  ;D
Posted by: friskneymariner, January 31, 2018, 4:26pm; Reply: 28
I am becoming more convinced that this club has a death wish.
Posted by: Maringer, January 31, 2018, 4:49pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Not a great loss and a big earner, but it's crazy letting him go to them.

Not a great loss? The fact that Clements scored more goals for us in 16 appearances than Berrett and Summerfield combined in 92 appearances between them shows what he potentially could offer.

Sidelined and cleared out by Slade this season (just like so many others), but if he scores even one or two goals for FGR, it might be enough to take them above us in the table come the end of the season.

Not sure about the whys and wherefores of his situation but I'd certainly have played him ahead of Berrett (and probably Rose) if he'd been anywhere near fitness. Has he been anywhere near fitness? Who knows?
Posted by: jonnyboy82, January 31, 2018, 4:53pm; Reply: 30
This club is a fvcking shambles.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, January 31, 2018, 4:56pm; Reply: 31
To Slade this makes perfect sense, we're not in a relegation battle remember we're pushing for the playoffs...
Posted by: Gaffer58, January 31, 2018, 5:00pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from moosey_club

Well Rose is suspended for 1/2/3 games, Clifton cannot get a game, unless we're 2 down and 2 men short, Jones doesn't want to play, and Woolford can only manage 60 minutes before he's absolutely knackered.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 31, 2018, 5:01pm; Reply: 33
Things just get more bizarre by the minute
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, January 31, 2018, 5:04pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from moosey_club

I would disagree, he can't play at all no matter the position
Posted by: grimreaper, January 31, 2018, 5:11pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from RoboCod
He really doesn't like Clements, that's clear. I bet Asante's gone into hiding ::)

Akwasi is still in training with the youth lads, and putting extra training in with Akhem Rose. He has to keep himself in trim for when he is called upon to play. Whoever it may be.
Posted by: moosey_club, January 31, 2018, 5:14pm; Reply: 36
Possibly a very lazy rumour ... Andrew Crofts (Midfield) from Scunny coming in on loan...
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 31, 2018, 5:14pm; Reply: 37
You couldn't make it up, who the intercourse sanctioned this needs sectioning, complete lunacy, just proves how inept the hierarchy at this club truly are.
Posted by: forza ivano, January 31, 2018, 5:18pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from moosey_club
Possibly a very lazy rumour ... Andrew Crofts (Midfield) from Scunny coming in on loan...

central midfielder who was with Russ at charlton i think. at 33 he would surely add the pace and vigour that we're looking for.....
Posted by: moosey_club, January 31, 2018, 5:25pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from forza ivano

central midfielder who was with Russ at charlton i think. at 33 he would surely add the pace and vigour that we're looking for.....

thats him....the rumour was journalist(ish)  ;) sourced so thats why i say possibly just a lazy one.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 31, 2018, 5:32pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from grimreaper

Akwasi is still in training with the youth lads, and putting extra training in with Akhem Rose. He has to keep himself in trim for when he is called upon to play. Whoever it may be.

Why? That just seems very petty to me.
Posted by: Hagrid, January 31, 2018, 5:40pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from ginnywings

What do you expect? You saw slades behaviour at the forum. Blokes a helmet
Posted by: moosey_club, January 31, 2018, 5:40pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from ginnywings

He was involved in an incident with a pensioner one Thursday in a Post Office queue and as a result has been subject to an OAP restriction order thus preventing him from training with the first team  :)
Posted by: sam gy, January 31, 2018, 6:08pm; Reply: 43
I don't understand why so many seem to be surprised at this. He hasn't played for us at all this season...its clear he's not wanted by the club, and if hes a big earner it trims the wage bill/squad size, which is something we've all been slating the club for.

At least it's one more out of the way for Clifton, who everyone is gagging to see get a game...
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, January 31, 2018, 6:24pm; Reply: 44
I can't wait to see the books at the end of this season even that snotty accountant can't balance those figures.
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 31, 2018, 6:26pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from moosey_club

He was involved in an incident with a pensioner one Thursday in a Post Office queue and as a result has been subject to an OAP restriction order thus preventing him from training with the first team  :)

Not allowed in the boardroom either. Might bump into an

Obnoxious
Arrogant
Pr1ck
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 31, 2018, 6:52pm; Reply: 46

FGR not going down without a fight....

Midfielder Alex Bray has become Forest Green Rovers 10th signing of the January transfer window after joining on loan from League One side Rotherham United.
Posted by: Mrbump53, January 31, 2018, 6:57pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from Gaffer58

Well Rose is suspended for 1/2/3 games, Clifton cannot get a game, unless we're 2 down and 2 men short, Jones doesn't want to play, and Woolford can only manage 60 minutes before he's absolutely knackered.

Not sure he can manage 60 mins!

Posted by: Rodley Mariner, January 31, 2018, 6:59pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from promotion plaice

FGR not going down without a fight....

Midfielder Alex Bray has become Forest Green Rovers 10th signing of the January transfer window after joining on loan from League One side Rotherham United.

So they recognise that they  are in real trouble and have taken significant action to try to steer their way to safety. The flipping idiots.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, January 31, 2018, 7:09pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from sam gy
I don't understand why so many seem to be surprised at this. He hasn't played for us at all this season...its clear he's not wanted by the club, and if hes a big earner it trims the wage bill/squad size, which is something we've all been slating the club for.

At least it's one more out of the way for Clifton, who everyone is gagging to see get a game...

I don't think anyone's surprised that he's gone it's who he's gone to, just imagine if he  secures then the points required to go above us and then we end up getting relegated.

Could be an act of self harm.
Posted by: sam gy, January 31, 2018, 8:09pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

I don't think anyone's surprised that he's gone it's who he's gone to, just imagine if he  secures then the points required to go above us and then we end up getting relegated.

Could be an act of self harm.

Yeah fair one. Don’t imagine there was a queue of clubs after signing him though....it might’ve been a case of them being the only ones interested and us being faced with either blocking the move and paying an unhappy player to do nothing (like we have been all season) or letting him go there.

For what it’s worth I do rate Clements, but I don’t exactly think he will be their knight in shining armour. It seems apparent that Fenty is not gonna sack Slade so we’re stuck with his opinions on players :/
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 31, 2018, 8:36pm; Reply: 51
Absolute stupidity. Slade plus anyone who sanctioned this move needs to hand their notice in. Just when you think it can't get any worse the regime at GTFC find new ways of plumbing the depths.
Posted by: SpudUDontLike, January 31, 2018, 8:51pm; Reply: 52
It is astonishing. It's feeling less and less like gross stupidity and more and more like a calculated attempt to intercourse up the club completely. Which goes to show just how grossly stupid it's become. And that's the charitable interpretation.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 31, 2018, 9:35pm; Reply: 53
What i was thinking Spud.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 10:02am