Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Hagrid, January 31, 2018, 1:40pm
Is the rumour gathering momentum. Andy carr has posted this on social media. Deadline say so could just be that but surely hopefully it is the news we all want. Ive never known the fans be so united in 1 thing before. Noone wants slade here anymore
Posted by: Hagrid, January 31, 2018, 1:42pm; Reply: 1
Just stressing myself that i have no inside info, but Andy is normally spot on with most things, and he has said Board meeting and slade will be going.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, January 31, 2018, 1:45pm; Reply: 2
Well it will see me back to BP on Saturday and I will be raising a glass to this news.
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 31, 2018, 1:50pm; Reply: 3
Unreal that if he does go the board have completely copulated up by not getting rid sooner, I don't trust Fenty one bit in appointing a new manager and I certainly don't trust that if a new man does come in that he will be given any money to improve the bang average players we have, except for a couple of ghosts who are stealing a wage.
Posted by: Cloudy, January 31, 2018, 1:58pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Marinerz93
Unreal that if he does go the board have completely copulated up by not getting rid sooner, I don't trust Fenty one bit in appointing a new manager and I certainly don't trust that if a new man does come in that he will be given any money to improve the bang average players we have, except for a couple of ghosts who are stealing a wage.

Whilst i agree Fenty's track record on appointing managers is poor I think our players, with a couple of notable exceptions, are perfectly capable of a top half finish with a proper manager. No need to give a new manager money as the window closes in 9 hours,

Survive this season whilst a new man can assess what he has and what he needs.

I'd add that appointing a manager is very difficult to get right given most, across the divisions, are sacked within 18 months
Posted by: horsforthmariner, January 31, 2018, 1:58pm; Reply: 5
I'm wondering if at midnight I'm going to typing away something along the lines of;

So Slade is still here.
We've sold Jones and Dembele and brought in a 36 year old crock/18 year old reject.
What is the point!

I better not be, but would anyone genuinely be surprised?
Posted by: jonnyboy82, January 31, 2018, 2:03pm; Reply: 6
Would fenty sack slade on a deadline day ? If we don't see any incoming then that says to me slade hasn't been given any money to waste as his position is hanging by a thread .
Posted by: Hagrid, January 31, 2018, 2:09pm; Reply: 7
John tondeur has now also said board meeting happening
Posted by: RoboCod, January 31, 2018, 2:10pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from horsforthmariner
I'm wondering if at midnight I'm going to typing away something along the lines of;

So Slade is still here.
We've sold Jones and Dembele and brought in a 36 year old crock/18 year old reject.
What is the point!

I better not be, but would anyone genuinely be surprised?

I did feel like that but after last night and having slept on it and ran through the various possibilities I will be astounded if he's not gone by the end of the day. It'll still be a royal f**k up by any standard, on the final transfer window day but that's in short-term thinking, long-term it's a no-brainer.

We may still drop a little further but the fans will at least be behind the team and manager and we'll get through, but hang on to him and we slide down, the crowds drop even more and the hostility keeps building.
A little, tiny bit of breathing space can be bought by the board by sacrificing Slade and the payoff money is how I see it.
Posted by: LH, January 31, 2018, 2:19pm; Reply: 9
Wouldn’t the board meet if there’d been a significant financial offer come in for a player etc though?
Posted by: psgmariner, January 31, 2018, 2:20pm; Reply: 10
Good point. Do they meet every deadline day?
Posted by: forza ivano, January 31, 2018, 2:23pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from psgmariner
Good point. Do they meet every deadline day?

wycombe mariner tweeted in response to john tondeur that he'd been told it was a meeting solely regarding transfers and slade's future wasnt on the agenda. hope jt has got it right
Posted by: GrimRob, January 31, 2018, 2:26pm; Reply: 12
Should be the shortest board meeting in history
Posted by: forza ivano, January 31, 2018, 2:27pm; Reply: 13
14:20TREVOR GREEN
Slade's position and board meetings
Ok, there has been suggestion on social media that there is a board meeting this afternoon and that Russell Slade’s position as manager is on the agenda.

BBC reporter Matt Dean has tweeted that “Looks like Russell Slade’s position is hanging by a thread but by no means decided.”

I know the directors are not at Blundell Park right now, so if it is true then the meeting is either later, or is being held somewhere else.

I understand chief exec Ian Fleming IS at BP at the moment, and he would likely be in any meetings of this sort.

So at this time, a meeting does not appear to be taking place.

That’s not to say there won’t be a meeting later though

from the telewag blog
Posted by: rancido, January 31, 2018, 2:35pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from forza ivano
14:20TREVOR GREEN
Slade's position and board meetings
Ok, there has been suggestion on social media that there is a board meeting this afternoon and that Russell Slade’s position as manager is on the agenda.

BBC reporter Matt Dean has tweeted that “Looks like Russell Slade’s position is hanging by a thread but by no means decided.”

I know the directors are not at Blundell Park right now, so if it is true then the meeting is either later, or is being held somewhere else.

I understand chief exec Ian Fleming IS at BP at the moment, and he would likely be in any meetings of this sort.

So at this time, a meeting does not appear to be taking place.

That’s not to say there won’t be a meeting later though

from the telewag blog

If the Board meeting is at 3.00pm then they will only just be arriving so that doesn't mean it is not taking place.
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, January 31, 2018, 3:01pm; Reply: 15
somehow a meeting around a table at BP seems too mundane. Needs to be a concrete bunker in the middle of Berlin.

(I'd edit the text and post a video but can't be bothered)
Posted by: marinerrick, January 31, 2018, 3:03pm; Reply: 16
has anyone seen any signs of the board at or around BP
Posted by: Gaffer58, January 31, 2018, 3:04pm; Reply: 17
So I assume the trust member will be at this meeting, whatever is or is not decided will he be allowed to make a trust statement on the Fishy later or will he be subjected to secrecy etc.
Posted by: ivanosandwich, January 31, 2018, 3:10pm; Reply: 18
I think JF has been waiting for this day all season.

"Right then Russ, remember a few years ago, just before we played Cheltenham?"

"Well, now it's my turn".
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 31, 2018, 3:12pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Gaffer58
So I assume the trust member will be at this meeting, whatever is or is not decided will he be allowed to make a trust statement on the Fishy later or will he be subjected to secrecy etc.

I would imagine he will be sticking to the protocol that comes with being a board member.
I may not agree with the protocol. But you know what you sign up for.  So if he is quiet then it is done so with integrity !!
Posted by: forza ivano, January 31, 2018, 3:12pm; Reply: 20
14:53TREVOR GREEN
Speculation is mounting
We are getting more and more calls and messages from people claiming that there is a board meeting today and that Slade is likely to be on his way

No smoke without fire or just an escalating rumour? We shall soon see

Club officials tight-lipped at this stage

latest from the telewag
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, January 31, 2018, 3:16pm; Reply: 21
spade wont care he will be paid up for the 30th time in over a year his raking it in.
Posted by: Reverendmariner, January 31, 2018, 3:23pm; Reply: 22
I would have thought that if RS were going to be sacked, then it would be decided at a Board Meeting without him, and then he would be informed later. Is it not more likely that he will be asked to present a case as to how he can get us out of this mess?
Posted by: denni266, January 31, 2018, 3:26pm; Reply: 23
Slade wont worry over another big wedge sitting in his bank.. he seems to have been able to collect cash for being gash for years.. he is not stupid is he.. if he goes he will be sat on some hot beach somewhere raising a glass to us while smiling
Posted by: rancido, January 31, 2018, 3:29pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Reverendmariner
I would have thought that if RS were going to be sacked, then it would be decided at a Board Meeting without him, and then he would be informed later.[b] Is it not more likely that he will be asked to present a case as to how he can get us out of this mess?

/b]

Oh Christ ! Not more flow charts and a Powerpoint display.
Posted by: rancido, January 31, 2018, 3:32pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from denni266
Slade wont worry over another big wedge sitting in his bank.. he seems to have been able to collect cash for being gash for years.. he is not stupid is he.. if he goes he will be sat on some hot beach somewhere raising a glass to us while smiling

Or up a mountain somewhere waiting for another sucker , I mean Football Club Owner, to ring him.
Posted by: Sigone, January 31, 2018, 3:45pm; Reply: 26
Latest quote from telegraph:

Player movement

This could be just the start of several outgoings - and maybe even an incoming.

Wouldn’t all this suggest a change in management is unlikely today? You wouldn’t move players in, and out, then sack a manager, and bring a new one in would you?

Anything could still happen though...
Posted by: forza ivano, January 31, 2018, 3:48pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Sigone
Latest quote from telegraph:

Player movement

This could be just the start of several outgoings - and maybe even an incoming.

Wouldn’t all this suggest a change in management is unlikely today? You wouldn’t move players in, and out, then sack a manager, and bring a new one in would you?

Anything could still happen though...

if you'd already got a replacement sorted then the new man could have already told you who he wants bringing in?
Posted by: lukeo, January 31, 2018, 3:49pm; Reply: 28
Hagrid maybe don't mention individual names on here when stating something like this, Andy may not be part of the club atm but he may k n the future if things change..
Posted by: Balthazar Bullitt, January 31, 2018, 3:50pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from forza ivano

if you'd already got a replacement sorted then the new man could have already told you who he wants bringing in?

You mean......planning ahead?

You need to lie down  ;)
Posted by: Father Christmas, January 31, 2018, 3:51pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from lukeo
Hagrid maybe don't mention individual names on here when stating something like this, Andy may not be part of the club atm but he may k n the future if things change..

Why not when he’s posted it on social media himself?

Hagrid, post whoever’s name you like.
Posted by: lukeo, January 31, 2018, 3:53pm; Reply: 31
Because the post (I think) was in a private group.. I may be wrong though.
Posted by: Davec, January 31, 2018, 3:56pm; Reply: 32
I think we can safely say that Slade will not be leaving today or any time before Saturday's game.
Posted by: hheh2, January 31, 2018, 3:59pm; Reply: 33
Slade is going to get just relegated the Coventry fans were right
Posted by: Tangerine Chris, January 31, 2018, 3:59pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from lukeo
Because the post (I think) was in a private group.. I may be wrong though.

Twitter is not a private group

Posted by: Hagrid, January 31, 2018, 4:00pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from lukeo

he put it in a group on Facebook, a grimsby town fans group, i dont think he cares tbh
Posted by: denni266, January 31, 2018, 4:10pm; Reply: 36
If slade had gone today i would have started going again , not paying to put up with his crap football
Posted by: Garth, January 31, 2018, 4:32pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from forza ivano

Jesus! are we that intelligent at Board level? ;)
Posted by: davmariner, January 31, 2018, 4:37pm; Reply: 38
I’m starting to think Fenty prefers it in the Conference. Big fish in a small pond and lower wages.
Posted by: oldun, January 31, 2018, 4:41pm; Reply: 39
At Fenty's house, fish and chips, a few beers and a game of snooker. Watching "deadline day" on telly to see if anything interesting is happening at GTFC
Posted by: GrimRob, January 31, 2018, 4:48pm; Reply: 40
I can imagine that one person might be in denial about how crap Slade is, but for a group of grown and responsible adults to collectively agree to keep him is tantamount to mass hysteria. If he's given a second chance and we fluke a win on Saturday he might end up staying, which would be a disaster.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 31, 2018, 4:49pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from oldun
At Fenty's house, fish and chips, a few beers and a game of snooker. Watching "deadline day" on telly to see if anything interesting is happening at GTFC

And if any players want to leave there will allegedly be a BBQ pis5 up
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, January 31, 2018, 4:52pm; Reply: 42
Don't know much about this guy but he could maybe do a job for us as the next manager......................

Hurst unearths another gem? (Posted today on the BBC).

James Bond
Sports Producer, BBC Shropshire

"Shrewsbury Town boss Paul Hurst has a proven track record on unearthing non-League gems – and the latest is Abo Eisa from National South Wealdstone. He’s a young attacking midfielder with a penchant for spectacular goals. Undisclosed fee involved".
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 31, 2018, 4:52pm; Reply: 43
Has anyone seen white smoke coming out of the Blundel Park Chimney? 😉
Posted by: gary_elton, January 31, 2018, 4:56pm; Reply: 44
I've previously hinted that maybe someone prefers top six  every season... 4,500 plus crowds, 1500 plus away fans , Wembley appearances....  of course I'm not naming names or saying it's true....  ☹
Posted by: moosey_club, January 31, 2018, 4:57pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from GrimRob
I can imagine that one person might be in denial about how crap Slade is, but for a group of grown and responsible adults to collectively agree to keep him is tantamount to mass hysteria. If he's given a second chance and we fluke a win on Saturday he might end up staying, which would be a disaster.

Like i have siad elsewhere....probably too costly to get rid now contractually and would think we may have a performance related clause in his contract that we could envoke if he fails to achieve play offs, the stated aim.  Be seen to stand behind the man for the rest of the season to maintain some sort of professional standing when we try and recruit our next manager in the summer.
ST sales cant be effected until we actually put them on sale so the only thing we are gambling on by keeping him for now is match day tickets...which are only a few hundred over ST sales at the moment anyway....so no massive revenue loss there......and of course our League status, which i think JF would hope we can cling onto virtue of others being worse...big gamble.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 31, 2018, 4:59pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from moosey_club

Like i have siad elsewhere....probably too costly to get rid now contractually and would think we may have a performance related clause in his contract that we could envoke if he fails to achieve play offs, the stated aim.  Be seen to stand behind the man for the rest of the season to maintain some sort of professional standing when we try and recruit our next manager in the summer.
ST sales cant be effected until we actually put them on sale so the only thing we are gambling on by keeping him for now is match day tickets...which are only a few hundred over ST sales at the moment anyway....so no massive revenue loss there......and of course our League status, which i think JF would hope we can cling onto virtue of others being worse...big gamble.

If someone at board level, thinks for one minute that we are better off non-league then we are in a biggerfuckingmess than I thought.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, January 31, 2018, 4:59pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from gary_elton
I've previously hinted that maybe someone prefers top six  every season... 4,500 plus crowds, 1500 plus away fans , Wembley appearances....  of course I'm not naming names or saying it's true....  ☹

Dangerous game to play . Can’t see any of the above happening if he walks us back into the conference
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 31, 2018, 5:06pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
somehow a meeting around a table at BP seems too mundane. Needs to be a concrete bunker in the middle of Berlin.

(I'd edit the text and post a video but can't be bothered)

With a revolver and a couple of bullets.
Posted by: Gaffer58, January 31, 2018, 5:10pm; Reply: 49
So what time does the meeting finish, any spies keeping a watch, as I assume once it's over there will be an official statement.
Posted by: GrimRob, January 31, 2018, 5:10pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from moosey_club

So he's a dead man walking for the remainder of the season. I could live with that if we are safe, but we're not!
Posted by: forza ivano, January 31, 2018, 5:15pm; Reply: 51
strange coincidence but Permatan Phil is on Radio Humberside tonight
Posted by: moosey_club, January 31, 2018, 5:22pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from GrimRob

So he's a dead man walking for the remainder of the season. I could live with that if we are safe, but we're not!

thats just my thinking......trying to make sense of it all....which is probably my first mistake as nothing sensible seems to happen at BP.  No we are not safe, thats the gamble part that JF and the board have to consider....for all we know they may all want him out now but paying him off  might cost us 100k- 200k-300k which none of the board may be prepared to cover.

Posted by: Gaffer58, January 31, 2018, 5:40pm; Reply: 53
There's only Mr Fenty who can afford the payoff, the other board members would struggle to scrape together £3.50.
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 31, 2018, 5:43pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from Gaffer58
There's only Mr Fenty who can afford the payoff, [b]the other board members would struggle to scrape together £3.50.

and a couple of strong mints that have been in their pocket for over a decade.  ;)
Posted by: Sigone, January 31, 2018, 5:50pm; Reply: 55
GTFC press officer not expecting to make any announcement of R.S Position.

Tweet from Matt Dean
Posted by: devs, January 31, 2018, 5:55pm; Reply: 56
Slade not going anywhere
He's building something... apparently

Bet we end up with a Transfer Window bargain basement cast off from Port Vale... oh yeah, we've got two already
Posted by: Hagrid, January 31, 2018, 5:58pm; Reply: 57
Terrible again from the board. They havent a flipping clue
Posted by: UTMariners, January 31, 2018, 5:59pm; Reply: 58
I think he will be given until Saturday which I can live with. I really want him out the club but he got us in to this mess and I would like to see him get us out of it. If we sack him now we plunge the club in to massive uncertainty at a really bad time and so I just think (maybe foolishly) if we can scrape survival and choose a long term option once the seasons finished, this would be a better option.  If we can't win Saturday though I think we have to and will get rid.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, January 31, 2018, 6:07pm; Reply: 59
In case any of the board read this whilst deliberating, I've just checked and Rome is very much still burning.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, January 31, 2018, 6:18pm; Reply: 60
Maybe they plan to sack him and NOT make an announcement?  Remember PR is not their strongpoint.
Posted by: livosnose, January 31, 2018, 6:23pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from UTMariners
I think he will be given until Saturday which I can live with. I really want him out the club but he got us in to this mess and I would like to see him get us out of it. If we sack him now we plunge the club in to massive uncertainty at a really bad time and so I just think (maybe foolishly) if we can scrape survival and choose a long term option once the seasons finished, this would be a better option.  If we can't win Saturday though I think we have to and will get rid.

If he survives this season he will certainly start of next season in charge. Got to get him out now or saturday , one way or another momentum for him getting the bullet is building
Posted by: jimgtfc, January 31, 2018, 6:26pm; Reply: 62
Sadly, I’m seriously debating whether I’m going on Saturday if he’s still here, season ticket or not... never thought I’d feel like this.
Posted by: Gaffer58, January 31, 2018, 6:31pm; Reply: 63
Promotion Plaice's prediction will be very easy on Saturday now as it's still all status que regard Slade, incoming players. Town goals for 0, has been 7 out of the last 10 games and nowt will change now.
Posted by: Reverendmariner, January 31, 2018, 6:31pm; Reply: 64
I find it difficult to believe, though I'm probably wrong,  that things can't get any worse than last night. If he doesn't go now, they must have given him until the end of the season. What would be achieved by waiting to see what happens against Cheltenham?
Posted by: hheh2, January 31, 2018, 6:37pm; Reply: 65
The vote of confidence not long ago means that he will last to the end of the season? More like a vote to the conference..
Posted by: UTMariners, January 31, 2018, 6:40pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from livosnose

If he survives this season he will certainly start of next season in charge. Got to get him out now or saturday , one way or another momentum for him getting the bullet is building

Take your point but I don't think he will be here next season. We wouldn't have any season ticket holders if he was!
Posted by: lee65, January 31, 2018, 6:53pm; Reply: 67
Quoted from moosey_club

I think that's about the size of it Moosey  :-/
Posted by: Quagmire, January 31, 2018, 7:01pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from Reverendmariner
What would be achieved by waiting to see what happens against Cheltenham?

By giving Slade the Cheltenham game Fenty can’t really lose.

If we somehow win then the pressure is off a little bit.

If we don’t win they can sack Slade and say that they did everything they said they would in the January window re giving him more funds for ‘quality’ additions but this hasn’t materialised and recent performances has forced them to act.

He should never have been reappointed.

Slade Out!
Posted by: golfer, January 31, 2018, 7:27pm; Reply: 69
J.S.F. opened todays meeting by placing an old filleting knife on the table.  "Well Russ old mate, we had a meeting before you came in and the unanimous decision was Hari Kari-what do you say ?"   Well it's em like this em boss, we've been very unlucky but me and em Tonto had him in our sites for next to nowt when that Moorinow from City started saying he wanted him so that em was the end of that but leave it to us boss there're plenty more chickens in the fire.
Posted by: Tinymariner, January 31, 2018, 7:35pm; Reply: 70
Slade is going nowhere, apparently we cannot afford to sack him due to the contract we agreed with him. So, even if there are only 50 fans at the next home game, he will keep his job! It would cost us more to sack him than it would if we get relegated with an empty ground. Guess where we are heading folks!
The only sensible thing we can do as fans is to keep attending and keep putting much needed funds into the club.
I detest the style of football under RS and I want Slade and Fenty out. I’ve always been on the fence with JF but I’ve had enough now. Leave OUR club alone and we will come together as fans to ensure it’s survival. UTFM.
Posted by: friskneymariner, January 31, 2018, 7:37pm; Reply: 71
Well John of all you f**k ups this is way out there.
Posted by: golfer, January 31, 2018, 7:52pm; Reply: 72
If he's too expensive to sack put him on the gate and make him do a proper job. Give the gateman Slade's job-it's our only chance of survival
Posted by: Kris2, January 31, 2018, 8:06pm; Reply: 73
Quoted from friskneymariner
Well John of all you f**k ups this is way out there.

It's so ridiculous it needed to be stated more than once. Seriously how did this guy run a successful company for years before getting involved with GTFC? WTF.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, January 31, 2018, 8:14pm; Reply: 74
How can a manager that was on last chance saloon in regards to even getting a football league job, be so expensive to sack that relegation is a cheaper option. The club thats managed to sign probably 40 players in the last calender year. We let Paul Hurst go, and now must have given Slade a better contract than what hurst is probably on to be at the top end of league 1. Weve let 2 managers since run riot with signings and letting quality potential players leave for nothing. And now were stuck. Again. Staring at the abyss. Again. flipping awful. flipping stupid.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, January 31, 2018, 8:22pm; Reply: 75
So a man who has 3 points out of 30 ..

A man who has 3 wins in 19 games ..

A man who's team has one win in 10..

A man whos team has 3 goals in the last 9 games..

A man who also let's players go to our relegation rivals..

A man who signs players who are the worst to have graced Blundell park in recent years..

And a man who has made us have our worst disciplinary record in recent years will keep his job tonight..

For that reason this club won't get a penny out of me until he has gone.
Posted by: kevikov, January 31, 2018, 8:22pm; Reply: 76
Usual amateurish procedure in the GTFC boardroom.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 31, 2018, 8:37pm; Reply: 77
And so, another year of the Fenty vanity project starts with yet another farce. I described the Newport flag incident to a new work associate who's a Norwich ST holder today and he honestly thought I was making it up. Maybe this nightmare will end one day.
Posted by: GrimRob, January 31, 2018, 8:44pm; Reply: 78
Why can't the board be man enough to admit they made a terrible mistake? We'd respect them more (or at least disrespect them less) if they did. They were in denial about Neil Woods, they were convinced with him that he was one game away from turning it around, and look what happened.
Posted by: Zmariner, January 31, 2018, 8:46pm; Reply: 79
I will not be there on Saturday, season ticket irrelevant had enough utm
Posted by: Bigdog, January 31, 2018, 8:51pm; Reply: 80
Quoted from GrimRob
Why can't the board be man enough to admit they made a terrible mistake? We'd respect them more (or at least disrespect them less) if they did. They were in denial about Neil Woods, they were convinced with him that he was one game away from turning it around, and look what happened.

It's pride Rob.. and you know what that comes before..
Posted by: friskneymariner, January 31, 2018, 8:59pm; Reply: 81
Quoted from Bigdog

Its the inability to reflect and admit your mistakes,this attitude belongs in the nineteenth century.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 31, 2018, 9:14pm; Reply: 82
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
In case any of the board read this whilst deliberating, I've just checked and Rome is very much still burning.

And the man who apparently started it all as some sort of regeneration scheme, Nero, blamed the Christians. Now I know where Fenty got his ideas from.  ;D
Posted by: craigy, January 31, 2018, 9:17pm; Reply: 83
I see Cardiff have signed yet another striker aswell poor bogle.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 31, 2018, 9:18pm; Reply: 84
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Maybe they plan to sack him and NOT make an announcement?  Remember PR is not their strongpoint.

We do our PR on the pitch. So maybe they'll announce it before the game on Saturday via the PA.

'Now give a big welcome to the players and management*. Not you Russ. P45s on your desk. You're quite welcome to stay for the match. Just £20 for the ticket.'

* or whatever it is the announcer says. Never really take notice.

Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 31, 2018, 9:20pm; Reply: 85
Quoted from Bigdog

'and Prejudice'?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 31, 2018, 9:38pm; Reply: 86
It's torture - like watching someone swimming through glue and you don't know whether to save them or not.
Posted by: golfer, January 31, 2018, 9:47pm; Reply: 87
And price of season tickets still going up 10%  for next season. They wont be getting it off me-that's a certainty
Posted by: moosey_club, January 31, 2018, 9:54pm; Reply: 88
Quoted from golfer
And price of season tickets still going up 10%  for next season. They wont be getting it off me-that's a certainty

at least 10% wasnt it ?  ;)
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 11:53am