Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Davec, January 31, 2018, 9:16am
So will we see any incomings? I personally doubt it.

Will we see Dembele and Jones depart today? Again I doubt it, no inside info or anything just a hunch

Overall quite a disappointing transfer window.
Posted by: Reverendmariner, January 31, 2018, 9:17am; Reply: 1
Anyone know what's happening with Nathan?
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 31, 2018, 9:32am; Reply: 2
Quoted from Reverendmariner

Probably decided against it, and i don't blame him
Posted by: headingly_mariner, January 31, 2018, 9:42am; Reply: 3
I am sure we will do a little business. I imagine we will take a loan or two on the cheap. We might see a few players who are not involved leave.

It is the players we already have that are going to need to keep us up, it is a bit of a mess and we can't keep adding to an already massive squad.

A wasteful and destructive window last January from Bignot left us with an expensive, unbalanced squad. Added to that Slade's recruitment was very poor in the summer. There's no point having a massive squad of bargain bin players.
Posted by: Impish2, January 31, 2018, 10:22am; Reply: 4
Quoted from Reverendmariner

Think it's pretty nailed on Nathan will be leaving SB as we have 4 wingers, I still think he is better than a couple of those though. Wasn't in our squad again last night and rumours of at least 2 leaving today. No idea whereabouts he is heading but with his hairdressing business being local I don't imagine it will be too far away.

One of our local bloggers mentions your Sam Jones as a possible incoming to us too, we are in for a striker but no idea how accurate his possible signing is.
Posted by: GrimRob, January 31, 2018, 10:25am; Reply: 5
Who in their right minds would join us now?
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 31, 2018, 10:55am; Reply: 6
Quoted from headingly_mariner
I am sure we will do a little business. I imagine we will take a loan or two on the cheap. We might see a few players who are not involved leave.

It is the players we already have that are going to need to keep us up, it is a bit of a mess and we can't keep adding to an already massive squad.

A wasteful and destructive window last January from Bignot left us with an expensive, unbalanced squad. Added to that Slade's recruitment was very poor in the summer. There's no point having a massive squad of bargain bin players.

We've already got that.
Posted by: MarinerRob, January 31, 2018, 11:02am; Reply: 7
Quoted Text
There's no point having a massive squad of bargain bin players.

The trouble is they are not exactly bargains!
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 12:41pm